[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone else been alone in their rooms so long that you start
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: 1410050557039.jpg (40 KB, 406x364) Image search: [Google]
1410050557039.jpg
40 KB, 406x364
Anyone else been alone in their rooms so long that you start to hallucinate and get weird schizo interests? Mine are caterpillars and Hermetic alchemy, I can't stop reading about them.
>>
Why are those considered schizo interests?
>>
>>25134233
I started reading about Hermticism and I think alchemy is actually supposed to be the chemical processes that happen within our bodies. You are what you eat. You gain strength by learning what foods and drugs are best to put into your body. Your body breaks down the chemicals in the food and drugs and completely transforms them into new substances that enrich your body and mind. Your body is the ultimate alchemist.
>>
>>25135625
That's what the Hermeticists thought too, they thought that there was a direct relation between the mind, the body, and the world around us. As within, so without. They believed the mind reflected the world, so by discovering different chemical processes they were discovering how the mind and body worked as well. The philosopher's stone was supposed to be less of an actual physical stone, more of a profound truth that you discovered once you ascended high enough, that would give you eternal life. You can see in chaos theory that they were kinda right, there are repetitions of figures in seemingly random processes at a micro, every-day, and macro level, and that's how we have science today.

Jung wrote about alchemy as a psychological process a lot, but I think he understated the importance of the actual, material consequences of it.
>>
>>25135905
I think I figured out the secret to immortality, but obviously since I'm still here, I haven't been able to put it into practice yet. It's kind of hard to put into words, but basically I've theorized that there is a void in existence that's neither life nor death. So you're not really "alive" in the sense of a living organism, but your ego and spirit conjoin so that your ego doesn't die and your spirit isn't reincarnated. I know it sounds kind of crazy, but I've been getting into deep meditative thought and feel like I've been figuring out some weird shit about the universe.

I've been getting to these points where I feel like I'm on the verge of discovering a secret, but then something in the material world distracts me (usually loud noises from family/pets/neighbors) and I lose focus. I almost feel like something in the universe doesn't want me to figure this out. I can't reach the final conclusion until I separate myself from society to get rid of all the distractions. There's a reason why people become hermits in order to become enlightened.

/end schizo rant
>>
>>25136262
Yeah I get those same feelings. I feel like I'm constantly on the verge of discovering some absolute truth in the world, that I'm the prophet who's going to save the entire human race and raise it to a higher consciousness. I spend hours and hours reading or trying different spiritual practices, chasing that truth, and I never come close. The truth probably doesn't exist, and it's probably just a schizo delusion, but I've experienced so much weird shit that I believe in it like one would believe in water.
>>
>tuesday night
>alone in my room for way too long, browsing...
>decide to go for a walk. blaze out of a 1hitter.
>start to feel like the planet is a huge head and I am walking on the hair.
>my mind folds in on itself and I become a very basic individual again
>no thoughts just unexplainable feelings tangible only to me
>zips and zaps throughout my body as I pull out my phone and plug headphones in.
>transported instantly to a place far from here; a place without worry or anxiety
>on autopilot, my legs know what they're going they don't need to be told
>close my eyes and melt into the universe again.
>time passes, but I don't remember any of it.
>I am a robot and I always have been.
>>
>>25136366
Kek, I feel the same way a lot of the time. I honestly feel like there's just too many distractions in this world. People are obsessed with creating lights, noises, and all sorts of bullshit. It all pisses me off even when I'm not trying to reach enlightenment. I can't wait until I can be a crazy hermit away from all this.
>>
I got obsessed with this idea of technology as magic. It is. Knowing technology and how to manipulate it is like being a wizard in this world. Learn enough and you can attain ultimate power. I'm on my way.
I feel the humming significance of the world around me. It hums at 60 hertz. I feel the signals passing through the very air. There's a world of magic around all of us and power for the taking, for those who learn to manipulate it.
I can see and feel what is possible and what isn't. I can feel when something can be done and so far everything that I've felt is possible actually was. When I feel something is possible I can make it happen, but some things take a really long time so I need to wait a long, long time for the power. But I'm on my way. I'll get there.
>>
One time I spent the entire day trying to learn about the video game industry in Mexico.
I'm not even Mexican...
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.