[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>suicide is selfish Can we all agree that suicide is actually
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 5
>suicide is selfish

Can we all agree that suicide is actually incredibly brave and honourable?
>>
>>25133992
>using a permanent solution for a temporary problem

why?
>>
>brave
Yes

>honorable
Highly questionable and circumstantial
>>
Why the fuck is it honorable if someone else has to pay to bury your shameful body
>>
who cares. once you're dead, whatever people think about suicide is meaningless.
>>
>>25134023
Better then a temporary solution to a permanent problem imo
>>
>>25133992
I think it's selfish in almost every scenario. Anytime you're causing any bit of discomfort to others, you're being selfish. Even if nobody loves you, the cops are going to have to come and remove your body, they'll have to print up a death certificate, somebody is going to have more work to do because of your death. That's selfish. To keep from causing bother or annoyance to anybody, you have to stay alive. Unless you can find a way to die that doesn't involve inconveniencing anybody.
>>
It's none of those things. It's simply a choice that we, as sentient beings, are all faced with. In a universe as absurd as ours, for some it's what makes the most sense.

I don't vilify those that do it, but it also shouldn't be celebrated either.
>>
>>25134023
Life is temporary. If you've genuinely thought long and hard about it and see no chance of improvement from a shitty life after trying, might as well end it if you're miserable.
>>
File: image.png (449 KB, 664x947) Image search: [Google]
image.png
449 KB, 664x947
>>25134096

That's their job, dumbass. They get paid to do it. If they don't like dealing with bodies, then obviously they should have picked another career. Who the fuck wants to live when no one loves you and Everyday is worse than the last? I commend those who have the power and strength to end this bullsht life instead of those like myself too scared to pull the trigger.

One of these days, though, I wish to overcome that and join their ranks
>>
>>25134096

That's literally their job to do that stuff. Theyll also have to do all that whether you kill yourself now or wait 50 years and die in your sleep.
>>
>>25134205
But if they didn't have to do that job that day, they might have gotten out of work a little earlier. No matter what you do you're going to inconvenience somebody.
This goes for everything, not just suicide. The only '''right''' way to live is to never interact with anybody for any reason, because almost every interaction will inconvenience the other person.
>>
>>25134096
But you will die one day anyway.

If you die in your apartment, you will rot and stink up the place. The cops will have to remove your body in the same way, but now rotten and falling apart. if you were to post a letter, and kill yourself, you would be removed promptly however. Now which of these os more selfish?

Let's not forget that if you chose to live you will consume food, use electricity, deprive others of things that you claim to be yours. Isn't that selfish? When you grow old, the state will have to take care of you. Isn't that at least somewhat selfish?

Staying alive is infinitely more selfish and inconvenient to all around you rather than taking oneself out of the picture.
>>
>>25133992
nah suicide is literally for pussies that can't handle even existing. Its like being that guy in a play that is just too fucking triggered by stage fright he has to skitter off the stage because his psyche has the structural integrity of a house of cards so he can't even perform. He leaves everyone whos actually giving a shit, and they're like "What the fuck dude? What are you doing we gotta finish the play" and the suicidal faggot responds "I c-can't do it guys I-I'm sorry, i-i-its just- I got stage fright S-sorry"

There is nothing even remotely virtuous about killing yourself its a waste of resources.
>>
>>25133992

suicide is not brave or honourable at all
>>
>>25134253
Continuing to live is for pussies.

You are scared of death so you continue to deny the fact that life is meaningless, and that suicide would save you from the pain that you inflict and which you also suffer.
>>
>>25134235
>The only '''right''' way to live is to never interact with anybody for any reason, because almost every interaction will inconvenience the other person.

With that logic the only rational action in life would be to kill yourself since it would limit the amount of potential interactions you could have with other people.
>>
>>25134288
except when you aren't suicidal you don't really care about thoughts like "life is meaningless"
>>
When if I'm a NEET living off NEETbux? Surely me committing seppuku is more honorable than continuing to leech off the system.
>>
>>25134317
And indeed it is.

Let's not forget that by existing you are depriving another of whatever you claim to be yours, be that a wife, or something as simple as food.

Existence is selfish.
>>
>>25134351
You are ethically obligated to be a wageslave. Suicide and NEETdom are both unacceptable.
>>
>>25134337
That is because you delude yourself with hedonism.

Nobody likes confronting hard truths.
>>
>>25133992

>le selfish therefore its bad may may

Everything is fucking selfish. There's no escaping selfishness because at the end of the day it is you and you alone who is being affected.

The 'its selfish' tactic holds no weight when you realize that every action IS a selfish action.
>>
>>25134317
To live is to be cursed with the burden of causing inconvenience to others. To eliminate that burden necessarily involves committing that sin.
The only way to win is not to be born.
>>
>>25134253
It's adorable how you make "existing" sound easy as shit.

>"Just live, bro, it's not so hard"

Kill yourself.
>>
>>25134389
Their is no chemical process in your mind making you sad that life is meaningless so it feels more like you are deluding yourself into being sad. I imagine you're just depressed because of other things and it's causing you to think negative thoughts.
>>
It can be.

Don't listen to these simpletons so engaged to their transitory value systems that they categorically decide something is selfish no matter the circumstances. They're programmable humans who get filled up on culture commentary that they can't think for themselves.
>>
>>25134429
>The only way to win is not to be born.

And that is the absolute truth.
>>
It's the most coward thing you can do.

>I don't want to confront my problems so I just kill myself
>>
>>25134096
they should've picked a diffirent job if their fat asses don't want to remove a body like they are paid to do
>>
>>25134472
>if I ignore everything, and lie to myself, I'm right in my mind!

Think for a moment. I know it may difficult for a simpleton such as yourself, but think. There is no reason to exist. Life is meaningless. All these happy times that you experience whilst alive simply hide your from the this final truth.
>>
>>25134481
You are an absolute fool.

How can one confront the meaninglessness of life? Lie to oneself and accept hedonism? Is this your solution?
>>
File: 1419577495725.gif (120 KB, 208x356) Image search: [Google]
1419577495725.gif
120 KB, 208x356
>>25134481
>The universe is meaningless
>Living is a chore
>I'm going to die, anyway

What is there to confront? Everything is fleeting. There is no point to any of this.

I could get 10 mil, right now, and it will only make me happy for a finite amount of time before I come full circle.
>>
>>25133992
It all depends op. It can be honorable and it can be selfish. Perspective really matters in this case.
>>
Suicide is neither honorable nor selfish, because it is not an action done by reason. It's just a terrible thing that must be prevented by others as much as possible, before the suicidal person can get psychological help.

As for suicide bombers, they're not showing courage. Lala Snackbar idiots think they're going to heaven anyway, and in other cases, it's not courage if they feel the cause they're doing it for is greater than the cost of their life.
>>
>>25134472

How is it that a depressed person is just convincing themselves that theyre being sad but a neurotypical person isn't just convincing themselves that they're being happy?
>>
>>25134667
>Suicide is neither honorable nor selfish, because it is not an action done by reason

I chose that painting for a specific reason. It is the suicide of Cato. Read about him and tell me he did not do it from pure reason.

It was a deliberate political act.
>>
>>25134537
even if I agree with that statement it doesn't change how I feel. In my experiences only people who are already sad care about stuff like that
>>
>>25134753
>even if I agree with that statement it doesn't change how I feel. In my experiences only people who are already sad care about stuff like that

So you literally agree with me that you are living in a lie? If you're happy, and everything really is pointless you're ok with that? Now that is some serious cognitive dissonance.
>>
>>25134721
There is suicide and there is suicide.
One ending their life for emotional reasons is what we commonly call suicide. Ending one's life to defend a greater idea is what I was referring to in the latter part of the post - it's not courage if one believes the cause they die for is greater than the cost of their life.
Courageous suicide would be to end one's life while being in extreme fear of doing it, with no one forcing you to, and with no emotional or logical purpose to it. Which isn't exactly common.

I'm not saying those who end their life to defend a greater idea aren't honorable, but true courage isn't being fearless, it's being plagued with fear and still going ahead.
>>
>>25134800
What exactly is the lie? What exactly is the truth? In my opinion anyone who says life is meaningless is just as crazy as someone saying we're all living under the rule of some greater deity. I find all those kinds of thoughts to be escapism from how you actually feel.

Life being pointless is unprovable so whether it is or isn't doesn't really factor into my thinking or behavior.
>>
It really depends on how you look at it, it is unquestionably brave IMO. I also understand it being selfish, people want better for you and to suicide is to quit, to give up on anything that could have been. Please let me have something, some mercy, some power, some sympathy, I'm going to break if I can't be accepted anywhere much longer and I don't know what I'm going to do when it happens, make a statement probably
>>
Isn't it selfish to force miserable person to continue his torture of an existence?
>>
>>25134023
>temporary
This shit isn't getting better.
I keep giving it "one more year", and each year just gets worse.
Now I'm 28 and finally I've decided 2015 is my last year, only naive Chads who have friends and social lives think that it "gets better".
>>
>>25133992
suicide is painless
>>
>>25135634
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gO7uemm6Yo
>>
The only way it's selfish is if the anhero will be missed. But even then, it's not even that bad. Thinking about it a lot lately.
>>
>>25134023
>le it gets better maymay
>>
>>25135821
>le it gets better maymay maymay
>>
>>25134475
Absurduty
>>
>>25133992
We can't because it's counter-productive to the living, see that one/two episode(-s) from Welcome to the NHK.

Honestly, all life comes with an uncharted track and a certain end, taking a shortcut is always an option.
>>
Suicide for oneself is selfish but that isn't a bad thing.
Making someone stay alive for your sake is selfish as well.
Creating a baby is selfish in all scenarios as the baby cannot consent to it's creation.
>>
Not if you're leaving debt behind, idiot.
>>
>>25134864
10/10 anon.

oh shit the r9k robot is back!

thanks for this though :3
>>
File: image.jpg (228 KB, 1887x811) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
228 KB, 1887x811
Just go smug, man.

Giving 0 fucks *literally* changes your life.
>>
>>25136107
How do I stop giving fucks and learn to love the smugness?
>>
>>25134023
But existence is not temporary from our perspective. It's in fact, all we have. So it's a permanent solution for a permanent problem.
>>
Suicide is selfish; however, selfishness isn't inherently positive/negative.

Wanting someone to not commit suicide because they want the person to consider the feelings of others is selfish, as well.
>>
>>25136242
Realize how meaningless it all is. Really meditate on it. It's all pointless man. Realize that and embrace it. It's nothing you can do in one night but direct your thinking towards this everyday until the smug transformation is complete
>>
>>25134023
>the human condition is temporary

gee man it's almost like you haven't put any thought into the matter at all
>>
>>25134472
Objectively speaking life can feel good or feel bad, but is neither.
Objectively speaking, death and suffering is inevitable.
Since it feels bad for me and it only gets less good with time, i would rather die soon.
>>
god this is why im partly glad the robot is back. keep it coming bots

Suicide leaves people behind that cared but so fucking what? my current gf's dad became an hero. they're still living and carrying on and dealing with it. Suicide is a decision you for make yourself, it's your life, nobody else's.
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.