[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This girl thinks she's suffering from depression
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 15
File: 1450648743038.jpg (268 KB, 955x1265) Image search: [Google]
1450648743038.jpg
268 KB, 955x1265
>Women thinking they know what it means to be lonely or have depression

>>>/soc/22999834
>>
>>25133349
I HATE ROASTIES SO FUCKING MUUUUUUUUUUUCH
>>
File: do it on cam faggot.jpg (219 KB, 1000x1502) Image search: [Google]
do it on cam faggot.jpg
219 KB, 1000x1502
>>25133349
>going on /soc/

senpai you know what you have to do
>>
soc is pure cancer jesus christ
no wonder r9k has gone to shit after those faggots started browsing here
>>
File: 1445707537861.jpg (16 KB, 267x320) Image search: [Google]
1445707537861.jpg
16 KB, 267x320
>a girl thinking they know what depression is like at all just 1% even
>>
Every fucker on there has anxiety/depression, if they really want to be a snowflake they should at least mix it up a little.
baka tbqh familia
>>
Women live in a world where they are considered lesser beings. Women live in a world where their only value is being pretty and sex and baby making. Why wouldn't women be depressed?
>>
File: mz0eeg6w5M1qfcof4o1_500.jpg (99 KB, 500x667) Image search: [Google]
mz0eeg6w5M1qfcof4o1_500.jpg
99 KB, 500x667
>Guys thinking depression has anything to do with being alone
>Guys thinking a sexual relationship can cure sadness and depression

This is not how it works for girls
>>
>>25133494
Implying? guys are also rated per how goodlooking/tall they are and are only vieuwed as the suporter of the family. they are not allowed to show any kind of emotion in thw "real" world.. and now girls come and ruin this sacred place for us?
if you puke after eating cus you heard some one said you were fat you are not depressed, then you are just fat.
>>
File: 1417846700410.png (11 KB, 429x410) Image search: [Google]
1417846700410.png
11 KB, 429x410
>>25133399
>after those faggots started browsing here
hello new friend.
Did you know /soc/ was created because of /r9k/?
/r9k/ used to get daily camwhore and hookup threads. It became such a problem that a separate board had to be made.

The more you know.
>>
>>25133349
i am willing to bet $100 that all of them are getting rail by a chad at this very moment. those women will never know the true meaning of loneliness. isolation, and constant rejection by the opposite sex.
>>
>>25133514
this.

girls are depressed because they aren't chad's main bitch.
>>
>>25133514
depression is in most ways in colleration with making yourself sociatly isolated. it can be both a sympton and a cause
>>
>>25133631
>in most ways
>definitely not all ways
Are you even listening to yourself
>>
How much of an idiot are you to think that because someone's a woman they can't be depressed?

It's a chemical imbalance, it can happen to anyone from successful millionaires to people frequenting this board. If you're implying that because they're able to get in a relationship they "can't be depressed", you're very shortsighted being unable to see that depression doesn't strictly occur because of that.
>>
>>25133514
It's not how it works for the majority of actually depressed men either.
And those who are genuinely depressed and somehow manage to get with a gf - however "perfect" she is - or manage to obtain sex, will draw the conclusion those aren't things that actually magically fix them.
Granted it may apply a bandage to some people's genuine depression, on the surface making it seem that the depression is gone, but it's far from actually fixed and relying on factors outside your control to feel "fixed" is as unhealthy as it gets.
On top of that, men (and people in general, really) actually genuinely depressed are more a burden and huge energy drain as well as source of negative energy for hypothetical spouses than anything good/positive to them. It's why relationships between depressed and "normal" people rarely succeed, especially if the depression isn't under control for the most part.
I honestly wish it was as easy as to "just" getting a gf or just have sex to get over my depression.
>>
Just fucking ignore her
>>
File: 1404655800176.png (45 KB, 159x219) Image search: [Google]
1404655800176.png
45 KB, 159x219
>>25133714
you're new to this board, aren't you?
Did your christmas break just start? Killing time here?
>>
>>25133735
What are you doing anon? You're not helping in proving the point that both men and women can have depression. It's a men's thing, remember?
>>
if you are depressed for literally no reason outside of your head, just go to the doctor and get it fixed. Don't complain about nothing on the internet.
>>
>>25133714
>It's a chemical imbalance

stopped reading there
>>
>Asian international student at my uni
>pushes herself extremely hard, lots of pressure to get top grades
>eventually has complete breakdown
>drops out
>now living in different Asian country because shame of returning home a failure would be too much

There's more to life than relationships. She has a fuckload of friends, she could go into any club and spread her legs, but none of that's gonna make her any less of a failure.
>>
File: images (14).jpg (7 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
images (14).jpg
7 KB, 225x225
>rating mental illness
soc is such cancer god damn. I have some serious problems myself but i don't go on the internet looking for cookie points
>>
>>25133714
It's probably a lack in the ability to see things from other people's perspective, a lack of empathy for others, a sense of tiredness over "depression" being used as buzzword too often, a certain degree of narcissism, or a mix thereof, that makes some robots (seemingly) unable to comprehend that.
I can relate to the tiredness of it being overused though, as it gets a bit annoying when someone claims "depression" over having a sub-optimal day or something. But rather than getting bitter or resentful over it, I just ignore it. Saves me energy.
>>
File: br.png (56 KB, 230x230) Image search: [Google]
br.png
56 KB, 230x230
>>25133349
what the fuck are they doing rating each other's mental illness for? or are they rating their facial features?

is this thread just a rate thread with the discussion topic being mental illness? these people are fully loaded narcissists
>>
>>25133765
Aww shit, forgot about that. I've been doing it wrong for years, and I just can't seem to properly use ad absurdum, cherry-picking, and things like that for my own points while disregarding anyone with a slightly different opinion/vision.
>>
File: 1449052096966.jpg (39 KB, 998x720) Image search: [Google]
1449052096966.jpg
39 KB, 998x720
If you're medically depressed you will feel depressed regardless of your social status.
>>
>>25133762
I've been here pre-deletion.

>>25133814
It is.

>>25133855
Thank you for the reasonable response. I do think the term gets overused, but people here overuse it too. A lot of people say "I'm so depressed since my bf/gf broke up with me" since we've been invaded with normies, when that's simply being sad in many cases.

If you're full blown, clinically depressed, nothing's going to help you much or pull you out of it save maybe time or medication. This is something I think many robots fail to understand, perhaps because they've never been in a relationship, but were they actually depressed getting a gf wouldn't help them beyond the initial period of euphoria. Same with having sex.
>>
File: images (2).jpg (2 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
images (2).jpg
2 KB, 225x225
>>25134284
I'm heavily medicated but i'm normal when i am
>>
>>25133820
well, the difference is that Asian parents actually hold their kids to some standards and expect them to make something of themselves through hard work and perseverence
>>
>>25133735
>And those who are genuinely depressed and somehow manage to get with a gf - however "perfect" she is - or manage to obtain sex, will draw the conclusion those aren't things that actually magically fix them
Learned that the hard way but you know what ? It still helps. It's like constant therapy and it dampen the symptoms quite a lot. I suppose it depends from your core personality type, I'm quite optimistic and energetic but suffering from depression and being completely isolated, I was completely drained of energy and willpower. Getting in a relationship was the best thing to happen to me however. Even though I still felt miserable deep inside, the symptoms were reduced by about 80% at least. I learned new things, I got newfound motivations and got my career going. It didn't last and I didn't expect it to, but now I'm still depressed to the core, but it affects me a little bit less.

Just my two cents
>>
>>25134284
Well put, it's indeed easily overused on here as it is elsewhere.
Depending on the severity, I think there's something besides time or medication that might help; in short: finding positive stimuli while avoiding negative stimuli where possible.

Some Anon gave an analogy that to me seemed quite accurate to what I've found. (I may be wrong though, of course; different people may have different understanding/definitions.) It went something like this, but more eloquently put.
Your state of mind is like a meter. For "healthy/normal" people the natural state is neutral or somewhere in the positive zone, while for people with a depression it's in the negative.
Stimuli happening through your day and life affect the meter; positive stimuli shift the meter towards the positive zone, negative stimuli to the negative zone. Without or with stagnating stimuli the meter slowly "decays" back to its natural state. For "normal" people this means that if something bad happens, over time the negative state of mind will adapt back to the positive. For people with a depression if something good happens, it'll slowly decay back to a negative state of mind.
Which things will give what stimulus and how much, as well as how far exactly in the positive or negative one's natural state is, varies per person.
If you manage to muster the energy to try and find positive and distinguish negative stimuli, pursuing and avoiding related actions respectively, it may be possible to live with it relatively stable. It's fucking hard to get to that point, not everyone will manage to get there, and there WILL be times you're back to feeling completely hopeless. It's not some magical cure or fix, but it can allow you to live a relatively "normal" life in between those, by lack of a better word, relapses.
>>
Normies are fucking disgusting. Bragging about mental "illnesses" online. Mean while if I told them in the real world that I am Schizophrenic they would run away from me.

>Oh but muh anxiety and occasional sadness boo boo
>>
>>25134440
I should've been more clear, my bad.
I mean that relationships and sex are not some magical cure. It can indeed function as a catalyst and allow oneself to gain that extra motivation to try and "push" oneself out of the depression as far as that's possible.
But, and in my opinion it's a BIG but: Relying on someone else for your "happiness" is risky. It's a codependency that could very well end up in casting you back further down the rabbit hole than you were before the relationship, were it to suddenly end or become a source of more negative than positive stimulus.

>I'm quite optimistic and energetic but suffering from depression and being completely isolated, I was completely drained of energy and willpower.
I know that feel all too well, I'm like that as well.
>Getting in a relationship was the best thing to happen to me however.
At the time it was the greatest thing for me too.
However, the moment she broke up and even the months prior to it as things went south already but I basically still needed her as SOME source of positive stimulus among all the negative stuff, I ended up off worse than I as before.
Instead of being a almost full-time NEET, I became a complete shut-in with exception of leaving the house maybe 8 times a year because I was forced to. Zero instead of occasional social contact, etc.
It was bad. I'm no longer interested in relationships what so ever, even if a woman was to confess loving me and take all initiative, I couldn't go for it. I just can't risk it.

Now I live on my own, have a part-time job, pretty much independent, no longer isolated, found out what gives positive energy and what to avoid, and the symptoms are also over 80% reduced. But this time around without needing a gf, meaning a huge risk less to worry about.

I'm sure an ideal gf and guarantee it'll last a lifetime if you so desire it's a great thing, but realistically it's extremely rare to find something like that.
If you did, though, I'm glad for you.
>>
>>25134067
huhhh true that tomoko
i love you tomoko
I wish iwas tomoko
why am i not cute like tomoko
reeee
>>
>>25135044
This, I can't even take people with depression or anxiety seriously anymore since a vast majority of hollywood and pop stars have recently been "coming out" about their "depression and anxiety", and you always get these stacies, put on shit tons of make up and make a video talking about how their friends and significant others support them. Meanwhile most people with mental illnesses barely have anyone supporting them, other than people who are paid to do so such as therapists, and psych ward workers.
>>
File: BlhFyuYCVc0.jpg (129 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
BlhFyuYCVc0.jpg
129 KB, 768x1024
For a truly depressed bunch of people you sure let your narcissism get in the way, /r9k/.

Depression can come to absolutely anyone in any state. Depression is a state of mind due to many different causes.

Women, millionaires, Chads, they all can be depressed. their will to live, function, follow interest or even socialize can be turned into torment for them, take a look at Robin Williams.

I don't know about the person you linked to, but to say that X people can't be depressed is foolish.
>>
>>25133514
>>25134067
>>25135217
HELLO REDDIT
E
L
L
O

R
E
D
D
I
T

Why are you even here?
>>
File: 0zjanqG00gU.jpg (69 KB, 484x604) Image search: [Google]
0zjanqG00gU.jpg
69 KB, 484x604
>>25135271
>Why are you even here?

What are you talking about? I've been here all summer.

I know all the memes and am far more pathetic than you. I truly fit in here.
>>
File: 1432610821042.png (471 KB, 500x480) Image search: [Google]
1432610821042.png
471 KB, 500x480
You guys are always so mean and unsympathetic towards women. Did you ever consider that maybe if you were nice and sympathetic towards them they would treat you better? You complain endlessly about how terrible they are towards you but you're also terrible towards then. It's hypocritical.
>>
>>25135217
Real depression feels like you're body is rotting from the inside out, you can't get your dick hard, no appetite, can't do shit basically. Most of those people look healthy enough to snap a pic of themselves/go outside/go to school/whatever.

I really thought I had cancer and was dying until I went to the doctor.
>>
>>25135495
*your not "you're"

sdfgkjdgfjjlgsdkjs
>>
>>25133714
>he still subscribes to the psychopharmacological school of psychiatry
Read some fucking Laing
>>
The term "depression" is too broad to be useful alone. The normalfag that has been feeling down a month because of a stressful job is depressed. The robot whos been a marginalized outcast his entire life is also depressed. See the problem? Sure there is "major depression" but thats not enough to create a good scale and few use the term outside of a professional context.
>>
>>25135355
>You complain endlessly about how terrible they are towards you but you're also terrible towards then. It's hypocritical.

So....guys that been bullied, friend-zoned, cheated, and ignored by women? You don't think they are on here talking shit about them? How new are you?
>>
File: 1450558429611.jpg (113 KB, 576x432) Image search: [Google]
1450558429611.jpg
113 KB, 576x432
I really hate when people use problems to seem deep to other people and to affect their social standing and get sympathy. If you really have depression you don't post your face on soc asking for a rating on your looks, you lie in bed for 15 hours doing nothing then sleep for 15 hours not bitch about it online for upboats. I've had depression for 12 years now and I don't tell anyone and this is the first time I've mentioned it online. It detracts from real depression and mental problems and turns it into a meme to be laughed and joked about.
>>
>>25135840
THIS! THIS AND ONLY THIS.
>>
>>25133349
>Shilling your thread on cross boards

There are no depths attention whoring cunts wont sink too.
>>
>>25133514
Youre implying anyone here cares about how depression affects girls. Retard.
>>
That's a tranny, OP.
>>
>>25135522
get fucking baited nooberdog
>>
>>25135922
What's your fucking problem you stupid cunt?, you worthless fuck.
>>
>>25135985
how mad are you rn
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.