[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it inherently selfish to not want to spend time with your
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: 1331409615196.png (102 KB, 680x582) Image search: [Google]
1331409615196.png
102 KB, 680x582
Is it inherently selfish to not want to spend time with your family during Christmas? I saw them during thanksgiving, now they want to see me during Christmas. I'm 23 and live alone.

They live on the other side of the country and I work up until the 23rd, and I just want to have the long weekend to my self, but I have family from both sides of my parents begging me to come visit them, even offering to pay for the plane ticket.

and I really don't want to... I just want to chill by myself, but obviously im not gonna say that

does this make me a bad person, because this is happening ALOT. I feel like I'm way more greedy with my free time than what is normal.
>>
>>25132277
although I think it's good to spend time with the family, I don't think people should be under any obligation to visit just because it's christmas
>>
Tell them you have to work
>>
I'm buying and receiving 0 presents this year and honestly it feels pretty good
>>
>>25132317

I made the mistake of telling them my schedule during thanksgiving

>>25132322

Im buying presents for my parents and siblings and that is it. feels good man.
>>
I'm in the same boat as you OP

>working through the Xmas break
>most of my family is going away
>just want to get high n play vidya on my one day of goddamn rest
>everyone wants me to spend time with them

That being said, I should probably see them, getting pretty close to offing myself, so maybe Xmas alone would be a bad thing
>>
Real talk, you definitely have to go see them. Yes it is a pain in the ass. But it's just part of being a good son.

Obviously it would be easier for you to skip out. You might even end up enjoying having Christmas to yourself - you might not, though, because it can get pretty lonely when literally everybody is gone for the holidays. But for your parents, it will be crushing. Especially if you've never missed a Christmas before. They don't get to see you all year, and they've probably been looking forward to this every time they miss you or you forget to call them or whatever.

If you feel even a little grateful to them for all they've given you over the course of your life, you're going to feel guilty not seeing them. Suck it up and go.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.