[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
"I grew up with a strong father figure" Rate how much
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 110
Thread images: 10
File: football_player_chads_gf.jpg (104 KB, 634x674) Image search: [Google]
football_player_chads_gf.jpg
104 KB, 634x674
"I grew up with a strong father figure"

Rate how much this applies to you out of 10.
>>
4/10

My dad wasn't a literal cuck, but he's a different person around everyone else and wasn't even man enough to divorce my mom or fucking tell her to get therapy when she was being a nutjob. He also preferred to pretend I didn't exist and spend all his time with my sister because she was "easier". Not to mention his solution to problems with me was to just not talk to me for a year.

He paid bills and shit but it's pretty hard to give him much credit beyond that considering he's an avoidant prick.
>>
>>25132267
0/10
I grew up with a single mother. Maybe that's the reason why I am a beta faggot..
>>
>>25132267
1/10

Father worked so often I never saw him or he worked overseas as a project manager.

Divorced at 13 and lived with mother overseas.

Saw him again at 22 and he is a total autistic asbergers asshole.

So I guess the 1 point I gave him is because he is a dickhead and thats a masculine trait.
>>
I grew up without a father. Raised by a single mother.

probably why im a beta. Im missing literally 70% of my personality...
>>
>>25132876
Did your mom get pumped and dumped by chad?
>>
>>25132939
Pretty much yea. I saw a picture of him that my mother kept.

My dad was a chad
>Tall
>White skin
>Handsome
>>
5/10

he was gone most of the time and has always been a spineless man-boy with my mother. Promised to take me places and didn't follow through. He supported the funds for my family and that's the bare-minimum any father should care for.

Coulda been worse.
>>
3/10
He was there and he was nice but he tried way to hard to be my friend rather than my father.
>>
>>25132267
1/10
single mother
stepdad(s) whom didn't really try to take on that role
>>
8/10

Grew up with divorced parents and lived with my mom. Spent most of my time with my dad though.
>>
>>25132939
Lol no.. My dad was an sociopathic alcoholic so my mum left him when I was very young.
>>
File: 1446245176937.gif (307 KB, 200x100) Image search: [Google]
1446245176937.gif
307 KB, 200x100
5/10

he was a cop which i guess wore him down but he went from being my awesome dad to an old bitter asshole. if i ever turn out like him i'll an hero
>>
File: image.jpg (29 KB, 673x625) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
29 KB, 673x625
2-3/10 dad sure yelled and hit me allot
>>
7/10

Dad has been there from the jump, was a faithful supportive husband, made sure I hit the books, and hasn't really even started graying and he's almost 59. Likeable guy, pretty charismatic; havent met a single person who I think could have a reason to dislike him.We never had much to talk about besides school when I was young, but now that I'm older we kid and talk politics and stuff. He's more redpill than I thought, even though he would only ever vote Democrat

My only real complaints are that he never taught me anything about being a man except for what I saw from him: work hard, be a good man, make sure your kids have it better than you. Never learned shit about girls or working with my hands. He wasn't even the dude who taught me how to ride a bike (shout out to Uncle Ben).

Still, pretty fucking happy I'm his seed and not some deadbeat's or cuck's kid. I'm way less fucked up as a person because he was around.

Thanks, dad.
>>
2/10
My father was emotionally abusive and manipulative, and I'm pretty sure, though not entirely certain, that he molested me. He used his wealth and skills as a lawyer to convince me that he was always right and that I was always wrong. He physically abused my sister as well, and as a result of him and several abusive boyfriends and suicide attempts, she has developed a kind of PTSD. I ended up a tranny, so either we have really awful genes or our parents really fucked us up.
>>
>>25132267
i guess my grand dad was a pretty strong father figure but he died when i was around 7 then no i din't have one.
>>
5/10. He was just kind of there.
>>
10/10

My dad handles his shit and takes shit from anyone. Even when asking for help from people it feels like they're willing to give it to him because he seems deserving.
I don't know what he could have done better but be a little less angry and whinny about things (I think you get to whine a bit when juggling all the shit you got to juggle to be a great father).

I can only hope I can be as good a father as my dad has been to me, I've never felt like I couldn't afford anything despite us not being rich, never felt like I couldn't do something.

Fuck this is getting me emotional.
>>
>>25133163
Post boipussy and girlcock.
>>
>>25132267
0/10

Grew up with a single mother but I rejected the beta behavior that was insisted on me from my time growing up. Now it is stop whining like a bitch time and do your shit yourself. Faggot.
>>
6/10 he was there for me when I was only 4, since my parents were divorced and my dad got custody. They got back together later and everything was nice and happy.

Since i was 13 however he became a total alcoholic, and is nothing but a burden. My mom still considers it inhuman to leave him. I bloody well did when I turned 18. Thanks for the earlier years but fuck you dad.
>>
1/10

My father left when I was three and came back when I was like 12. And he was such a weak, dumb beta. Worked at like Hess as a cashier and was the stereotypical beta that's made fun of on here. How he actually was able to get a woman to sleep with him I have no idea.

His parents were rich though, so he actually did provide something once they kicked the bucket.
>>
https://u.pomf.io/bhtmeu.jpg
>>25133222
Closest pic I had on my phone i got it like a month ago. Would take new pics but I need to shave. Compliment me please.
>>
>>25132267
hard to say, my father was (is) a bi-polar douche bag who made everyone's life miserable.

for god sake people, if you date somone with mental problems don't have kids with him/her.
think about how miserable they'll be
>>
>>25132267
-10/10
>>
My dad was working all the time and then he died a few years after retirement. 2/10
>>
7/10

Construction worker.

Alcoholic then suddenly straight edge health nut maniac

Constantly in a state of anger

Never shared personal information about himself or feels, even with his kids

Started hugging him for the first time when I was 29 and had my own kid

I have heard "I love you" from him zero times

Despite his harsh exterior as an adult I see him as a man who is too defensive of his status and masculinity to be alpha.

Betas are the ones who bark the most. Alphas don't need to
>>
10/10

My dad was a complete bro when I needed a bro, and kept me out of trouble when I was being a stupid fucking kid. He protected me from my mom's bullshit, taught me how to surf, shared his love for adventure with me, and taught me his ways of Chad-dom. Basically a genius. I can't even think of a way that my dad could have been a better father.
>>
Define strong
>>
8/10, bretty darn gud

Always around, always supportive of most of the stuff I did and generally a good father figure when it came to morals and other life lessons. The two lost points are because of the ridiculous amount that him and my mum argued. Literally every night for a year or two but they're still together, though I get stupidly nervous about disagreeing with anyone all these years later. Oh, and he never gave me 'the talk'. I didn't realise I was supposed to pull my foreskin back until I was 19.

We get along like a house on fire now. We both work in construction though I'm the one who comes up with pointless environmental bullshit he has to make his underlings comply to.
>>
>>25133656

What are his squat/bench/deadlift PR's?
>>
>>25133627
Then, how did you end up here? Why didn't you became a Chad?
>>
9/10

My dad is literally everything I could have asked for. Only reason he's not 10/10 is because he doesn't even try anymore to hide the fact that he wishes I was more like my younger brother. It was always pretty obvious that my brother was what he was anticipating his son would turn out to be. Other than that, he's an amazing man who treats my mom amazingly, has a great job and always was smart with his money. He's hard working and has tried to teach me some important things I'll need as I keep growing up.

When I grow old if I'm even half of what my dad is as a person, I'll turn out okay. Thanks Dad.
>>
>>25132267
not sure how strong he actually was but based on the number of times he beat the shit out of me I can say he was definitely much stronger than an 8 year old
>>
>>25133863

>Surfer
>Stable normie job
>Friends that I go to bars with
>My own house
>qt gf who is 2 years younger than me that I met weeks before dumping my previous gf

I wouldn't say I'm Chad, but aside from reeposting, I'm pretty normal.
>>
>>25132267
5/10 I guess? My parents are farmers, and they spend most of their time working. I spent a lot of time alone or playing with the neighbor kid.
My dad is very much emotionally reserved, and I've never seen my parents kiss. If it weren't for the fact that I and my two siblings are alive, I wouldn't believe they ever had sex. He's a very introverted guy with a rather quirky humor. Guess I got that from him.
>>
HAHAHA FUCKING 1. My dad was a piece of shit. All he cared about was watching sports and betting horse races. He never taught me anything about life, women, or being manly. never taught me any hobbies. Just was there. I fucking hate him. He s the reason I am a beta robot today. FUCK MY DAD. I HOPE HE DIES IN HIS SLEEP THAT FAT FUCK.

Pretty much every robot had a shitty dad at least to some degree. No manly alpha father could raise a robot. period it just doesnt happen. Beta dads raise beta sons. Robot dads raise robot sons.
>>
5/10

my dad was great but he passed
>>
>>25134049
So, why do you come to this shithole?
>>
File: image.jpg (166 KB, 1356x1358) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
166 KB, 1356x1358
>>25134265
Because I'm a sociopath T b h
>>
>>25132267
0. My mom divorced my cheating father when I was 3 and never dated anyone else. Guess thats why everyone thinks im a fag
>>
4/10
thought I was gay, had no interest in me or my life and generally ignored me growing up. But he completely financially supports me and cooks dinner a few times a week, plus he never hit me
>>
"strong father figure", probably 6/10, but I absolutely love my dad, and he loves me. He wasn't a father figure in the sense of "be manly boy, learn how to build your own house or Ill whip ya", he was a loving father and I wouldn't change that for any sort of "hurr manly" values I might have missed.
>>
1/10

Alcoholic
"Depressed"
Unemployed for my adolescence
Angry and domineering
Whiney and selfish
No shared experiences
>>
1/10
very, very absent. he didn't really care about me at all.
>>
>>25134707
My dad is the same, he's pretty nice (save for a few instances where he would snap) but basically works 24/7 and I would only see him briefly in the evenings growing up and that's still the case to this day. I would say my mom is the one who is mostly responsible for me being a beta virgin loser considering she was overbearing, manipulative, and controlling.
>>
>>25132267
5/10

>depressed
>short temper
>insecure
>has a hard time trusting others
>nice guy attitude

he's a decent human being, probably better than a lot of people, but it doesn't really help to be a decent human being these days

could have been much worse I suppose, I'll take what I've got

Just wish he would have taught me some useful skills, think he still see's me as a child
>>
>>25135079
think what I learned most from him is to be extremely careful when choosing who you want to marry, but I guess that should be common sense
>>
1/10
>bipolar
>alcoholic
>violent
>not graduated
>still working in my grandpa's pharmacy
>divorced
>>
never seen the guy/10
>>
>>25132267
0/10 no dad at all
>>
>>25132267
10/10
My dad is literally one of the most based people I have evern seen, completely objectively saying this. Never complains, no education after 8th grade. He has been working his ass off since his father died when he was 14. He is 59 now and still working.

>be me a couple years back
>dad comes into room
>we talk about education and stuff
>i'm soon to be freshman in college
>we hang out for 15 mins
>before he leaves the room he says
>i want you to know that as long as i am alive, you will get the education you deserve.
>i have the feels
>he walks out of the room, but comes back after 10 seconds
>says: fuck that, even if i die you will get that education.
>makes me promise
>leaves
>mfw

i'm tearing up desu senpai
>>
probably 5/10
My dad has always been in my life, but not all of it was good, most of it was pretty shit in fact.
Alcoholic, anger issues, always had to be right, shouted down anyone he felt needed to be taken down a peg. He was an ass in every sense of the word and a lot of people didn't like him. Although I am glad to say that hes been a lot better, doesnt drink as much, went to therapy, tries to be more understanding. Went from calling me the family failure to encouraging me to do my best.
>>
idk

i think he's better than most dads. he has his issues. i think he's trying to deal with them, but they took up a lot of space in my house and we ignored some significant problems that i had growing up. i can't blame him.
>>
Great except I don't want his life: grew up playing sports, went to college and had fun then worked a normal job and started a family. I can't just work a normal job, I want to take risks and work more than 9 to 5 even if I have to work and risk more than most Ill be happier.
>>
>>25132267
5/10

>real dad away plenty on business
>cheats on my mom and she gets me in the divorce
>dont see him a ton
>mom remarries a real hard ass
>teaches me about hard work and being a man
>he dies after 2 years of him being my dad
>start hanging out more with my uncle
>treats me like a son and I see him as my dad
>many great memories
>mom gets new job across the country and we have to move
>the only time I ever saw my uncle cry was when I hugged him goodbye
>now at 20, real dad is at least trying to have a relationship with me
>told me last summer that he fucked up and is more proud of me than I can ever know for succeeding in spite of him failing
>>
9/10
I love my dad, not only is he a total bro, but he's not some little pussy.
Not to mention, he literally gives no fucks what people think, even at 50 he still plays vidya, watches cartoons, and reads comics constantly.
Then again, he's also an ex-jock, and raised all the guys in my family to be jocks, but also good students.
>>
My dad's the strong silent type that you don't want to piss off. If you piss him off he becomes a not so silent strong type. He made me the brooding angry person I am today. He hates his job. He talks to me only about education and sports. Anything else I cannot relate to him by. Didn't beat the shit out of me when I didn't deserve it so that's cool. Payed the bills. Overall 6/10
>>
File: 1449239134756.gif (199 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
1449239134756.gif
199 KB, 400x300
0 iz kill
>>
6/10
my dad has been stable throughout my whole life but he's a fucking psychopath
used to tear shelves off walls and held a knife to my mother once
>>
>>25132267
1/10

I was raised (mostly) by a single mother but my father was still very much so present. But he was always more a friend than a father and never taught me anything.
>>
10/10
Literally the only black nigga I know with not 1 but TWO supportive dads.
>>
>>25133163
>I'm pretty sure, though not entirely certain
uh oh
>>
>>25132267
?/10
My dad is alpha and a good guy but hes also insane and inconsistent. I'm not sure whether him being around was good or bad for me
>>
6.5/10

Made me feel loved and provided for his family very well

However, he basically forced me to play basketball for most of my young life and never taught me much man stuff effectively. He was known as the parent who yelled at his son a lot. Because I was always playing sports I never developed any true passions.
>>
>>25133344
>literally no replies
welp time to kill myself
>>
File: 1449967121981.jpg (36 KB, 500x329) Image search: [Google]
1449967121981.jpg
36 KB, 500x329
>>25132267
8/10

but his firm hand was no match for my autism
>>
>>25132267
10/10. My dad is smart as fuck. Came here as a first gen immigrant with no money. Now we're rich and my parents own several properties. He's taught me a lot and I couldn't ask for a more based dad.
>>
>>25132267
10. I'm in England seeing him for Christmas and trying to convince him to help me put my life back together.
>>
6 or 7/10 maybe

He had me in skates when I was 2 or 3 (dont remember learning how to skate), and taught me tons of sports related stuff, throwing, catching, running, etc. That was about it though.

I ended up being really good at sports, mostly from good genetics and early coaching, and it gave me an in with popular kids growing up. I was never popular at all, and sports never helped me get laid, but I wasnt picked on either because my teammates would defend me without question. Playing on varsity teams or better and winning championships or going on tournaments to cities around north america was fucking awesome, so I really do thank my dad for giving me that opportunity
>>
>>25133344
>Compliment me please.
I would but I'm straight. Killing yourself seems like the better option.
>>
File: ithurts.jpg (585 KB, 1259x947) Image search: [Google]
ithurts.jpg
585 KB, 1259x947
>>25132267
3/10

When he was with my mom, in my early childhood, he provided for the house and spent time with me and my brother. After mom (probably) cucked him, he started to give 0 fucks about me and my bro.

He got those 3 points from when he and mom were together, those were good times

I miss my dad
>>
Probably like 2 out of 10
He was gone most of the time and I never looked up to him
>>
>>25133344
>would pick up and fuck standing up
>>
File: 20_years.jpg (39 KB, 362x363) Image search: [Google]
20_years.jpg
39 KB, 362x363
5/10

My dad is a failed normie. He was in and out of jail and rehab for about 10 years from the time I was 10 until I was 20 so he wasn't around when I really needed him. Even before he started doing drugs and going to jail he wasn't a very good father. He wasn't abusive or mean or anything like that, he just wasn't good at fatherhood. He has his shit together now but it's too late to ever have a healthy relationship with him. I can't fathom what it must be like to have a supportive dad you can rely on. I'm undecided if I want to have kids but the main reason I would want kids is to show him I can be 10x the father he ever was and that his shitty parenting isn't cyclical.

The lack of a healthy relationship messed me up in some ways but I didn't become a complete fuck up because my grandpa is a successful man and has always been very involved in my life. He is starting to get Alzheimer's and dementia though, it breaks my heart to see him lose it a little more every day.
>>
>>25133344
Id destroy your ass, no homo bro
>>
>>25132267
6/10, mom and dad got divorced when i was 5. Dad wasn't around as much as he should've been, but has given me good advice when i needed it.
>>
>>25132267
4/10 My actual father never acted like a parent to me. He paid bills and drove me to school, but he never really spoke to me. The most significant male role model I had was a family friend who I called my grandpa because I only ever knew one of my grandparents. He was diagnosed with ALS when I was either 7 or 8, and very soon could neither walk or speak.
>>
0/10

Grew up with single mother. Never noticed any effects or daddy issues until late teens/early adulthood. Pretty much over it now.
>>
>>25132267
7/10

My dad worked a lot to support the family and was always supportive of my interests, hobbies, and activities, always willing to drive me somewhere, or help me with a project, or talk to me or answer questions, or cook.

But he also has anger issues and tends to make rude remarks or outright yell or lose his temper. No physical abuse, but verbal shit is common.

but he also raised my mother's first son who is my half brother after she and her first husband, who was a jackass, divorced. by r9k standards he's a beta cuck or some shit. Parents had me in their late 40s, I'm 20 now, they're almost 70. I'm "genetically inferior" in being a skeleton manlet with wonky facial features. According to my older brother my dad was harder on him than he was on me.

I'm an introverted loner khv who has no interest in dating or sex, so you can see how the "strong father figure" worked out in making me a Chad, or whatever you wanted from this thread, OP.

I'll miss him when he's dead.
>>
9/10

I really admire him.
>>
10/10 desu
my dad is your typical 80s hothead macho chad, though constant exposure to violence growing up turned me into a pussy beta faggot and I avoid any conflict with anybody
>>
File: mamimi.jpg (23 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
mamimi.jpg
23 KB, 720x480
0/10

Not because he wasn't there, but because he was weak at heart. When he beat me, I could fucking SMELL the insecurity on him, and it made sense in the context of what he told me about his own upbringing. When he insisted that he was "the alpha male" and challenged his own eleven-year-old son to a fight to prove it, I saw a very tiny, tiny man in front of me. When he allowed my stepmom to sic him on me like an attack dog, and then admitted after a beating that he didn't think I was in the wrong, but that he had to placate my stepmom, who was standing and watching with a fucking grin as I was on the floor taking blows to the face, I began to consider him pussywhipped.

When I wasn't even in double-digits and was consciously willing to suffer torture and trauma in lieu of going to the police, even going out of my way to shield him, just so that my sisters would have an actual provider, I knew I was a bigger person.

Beyond that, I consistently learned lessons growing up that he didn't learn until long after me, and he was decades ahead.

He has definitely improved, but more than one of his improvements have been subsequent carbon-copies of my own decisions, and that's been true since I was a child. I don't hate him, and I do respect that he worked his ass off for me and my sisters, but I've been flat-out better than him and known it since before my balls dropped. I've had to be the bigger person for him a lot.

I consciously, willingly suffered through him growing up so that he'd actually have the chance to do so instead of an heroing or going to prison, and it paid off with him becoming a phenomenally better person, but my own decisions are the only reason why he has even a shred of respect in anybody's eyes.

He didn't raise me. I raised me, and we grew up alongside each other, but as far as actually setting an example and being the bigger man goes, it was pretty backwards.
>>
>>25141707
>>25141825
>>25142026
>>25137961
>>25138015
>>25136490
Fuck all of you lucky duckies.
>>
>>25142155
I'm >>25142026
>lucky
yeah, he's temper drove him to mental illness, he abused prescription pills and have attempted suicide, it's not really nurturing seeing your father sleep for 2, 3 days straight and walk around the house like a zombie as a 12yo.
also my older brother pratically ran away from home at 15 cause he couldnt take the stress of living with a clock bomb that would go off monthly.
just venting bruv
>>
>>25142270
It's fine. Venting is fine.

In any case, yeah, maybe "strong" doesn't necessarily mean "healthy."
>>
>>25142292
yeah, I noticed that reading the other replies, they seem to have healthy fathers. I've been dealing with mine getting violent n public since ever, now at 18 I get anxious when I'm out with him and holding some grudge, it even makes me feel guilty that he's paying for college and bought me a car (we're dont have have that much money, just a strike of luck/bad luck that has been dragged for years) I just wish I could ive it up and get a job and live alone in another city
>>
>>25142032
You're a good writer Anon.
>>
>>25142605
>now at 18 I get anxious when I'm out with him and holding some grudge, it even makes me feel guilty that he's paying for college and bought me a car

Damn I know that feel so well. It makes me wonder if I should pay him back later to lift the curse
>>
>>25142634
Thanks.

>>25142650
It's ass-backwards of you to think that it's even possible for you to owe him anything.
>>
>>25132267
10/10

Dad raised me along with my step mom after mom cheated on him when he was out being an MP with the navy. Had the option to get her back, but didn't take it because he wasn't a cvck, which I respect. Was a martial arts champion as a kid and made his way from the poorer side of the rural south to upper middle class living in California. Not really assertive unless provoked, but when pissed off or when his family is threatened he isn't shy to step his foot down. Pretty chill, likes to play video games with my occasionally, taught me martial arts from a young age, and has a reasonably good sense of humor. Plus he is Eurasian and has a blonde wife, which makes me laugh a bit at the Elliot meme. Last thing I've got to thank him for is getting me free college from being in the military and using saved up money to pay for every other fee (besides books), which has left me with zero debt.
>>
>>25142759
not him but I think that sometimes, I didnt asked to be put in the world, but when he talks to me and I want to punch him in the face, or when I remember how smart he thinks I am and how I am his favorite son(his words, apparently I almost died as a baby bc of something I was born with) I guilt trip myself. also I went though some shit growing up so I know the value of money
>>
>lesbian moms
0 / 10
>>
>>25132267
4/10

he was gone all the time plus struggled with alcoholism until adolescence, and then things got way better.
>>
>>25132267
9/10

Highschool football star
Army ranger
Has a PhD
Makes over 250k a year

Very good dad too spent lots of time with me and tried to get me to do the things he did the only problem is he was very good at those things and I wasn't and I feel like that made me feel bad. There is no possible way for me to live up to him
>>
>>25142032
What do you do now?
>>
>>25132267
2/10

Had me at 42
Sent to prison for fraud weeks after I was born
Moved halfway across the country in the '60s to dodge the draft
Ran his first business into the ground, almost done running the second
Never spoke to me after he reappeared at when I was 7 unless it was to yell
My mother says she regrets marrying him but she can't change her life/lutherans don't believe in divorce
We don't communicate as adults

He gets 2 for showing up.
>>
0/10 Paedophile dad, alcholic uncles, one legit crazy uncle.
>>
>>25143568
I'm a student. Appropriately enough, at the school my dad dreamed of attending and never could.
>>
>>25132267
9/10 I love my dad
>>
2 or 3/10. The score doesn't reflect my satisfaction with my upbringing though; I can't really complain. Mom raised me right and was strong enough for both of us.

My dad's a good guy. He was married to my mom for like 6 years before he needed to get away. Nothing was really wrong with their relationship either; he was just more of a lone-wolf type of guy at that point in time.

I got to see him every other weekend. That persisted for a good..maybe 9 years or so. After that it just didn't really make logistic sense. To this day my mom and him are distant friends, but both parties have (happily) re-married. My step-dad is pretty friggin cool too; he has become my father figure now albeit a tiny bit late. He helps me immensely in continuing to mature into a worthy man.
>>
>>25132267
10/10 Dad left when I was 6
Mom told me we were going camping and dropped me off at his government apartment when I was 14.
He taught me how to smoke crack. 10/10
>>
9/10 and i got muted for 2 seconds.
>>
10 out of 10 would grow up again
>>
Maybe 3/10.

Not that my dad is a bad guy, but he's a terrible role model and father figure. My mom is a super-dominant proto-SJW. She'd already been divorced once, for cheating on her previous husband when my parents met. Both were in their mid-30s and my dad had only had a few girlfriends in his life.

He's impulsive, clinically depressed, extremely insecure, lets my mom push him around constantly, and is super-confrontational about the wrong things while never pushing for his own gain. He's extremely intelligent and has a masters from Harvard, and is widely agreed to be the best person in his field, but he never climbed the ladder because he didn't assert himself enough, and because he alienated way too many people by getting in huge political and philosophical arguments with them at work.

Most of my problems today can be traced to my upbringing. I had a dad who set no example of how a man should act to attract women, and a mom who taught me that men were evil and should never assert themselves to women or do anything that might make them uncomfortable. She's also extremely invasive and prying and has no concept of privacy. Much of why I never dated as a teenager was because I couldn't handle my mom butting into a relationship and scrutinizing and intimidating whoever I dated. Much of why my last (and only) long-term relationship fell apart was because of how my mom treated my ex.
>>
My biological dad was basically a thief/drug addict who killed himself when I was too young to really ever have 'met' him by overdosing. Later on, my mom married a man with two children, who was an alcoholic who I never got along with and, only really cared for his own kids, which I can't blame him for at all. I ended up having a pretty bad relationship with my whole family and haven't talked to them in about 3+ years.

So like a 2-3.
>>
File: 1440489758506.jpg (47 KB, 432x307) Image search: [Google]
1440489758506.jpg
47 KB, 432x307
>>25132267
2/10
My Dad left when I was 1. About 2 my Mom moved in with some guy and stayed with him for 15 years. He was a bastard but Mom couldn't leave him because she didn't have anywhere else to go. He never hit Mom but he smacked me around a lot. I beat the shit out of him when I was 16 and he left me alone for a while. Mom finally left him a year after that.

My real Father was a dumbass too. Hard to tell how many half brothers or sisters I have. Mom said he had a bastard daughter somewhere he'd never seen. He just up and left one day. Last I heard he was in New Orleans. I thought about going down there and pretending to be a hitman hired by an unknown client and extort money from him in exchange for his life.
>>
>>25133344
>That yugio card collection in the top right
>>
5/10

Positives:
>very persistent about keeping family first
>financially supportive as he could be
>often noted he wanted the best life for me
>used to have severe anger issues when I was younger but knew to calm down as the years went on
>I believe he was as well-intentioned as a father could be

Negatives:
>rambles constantly about the dumbest shit like schizophrenics do, like mile-a-minute babble for hours at a time. I honestly think he's on the spectrum but doesn't believe in any mental illness
>even with all that rambling, we've never had a useful conversation nor did he ever teach me anything important, nothing about girls, sklls, etc...
>poor wageslave
>dresses like white trash and takes pride in it for unknown reasons
>embarrassingly stupid at times, he's basically stuck in 1980s

Conclusion: A decent man with lots of issues that absolutely never should have had a kid. And I think he realizes that. I hope he does, I'll never know.
Thread replies: 110
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.