[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
post in this thread if you were in special education or are
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 5
File: special ed.jpe.jpg (7 KB, 216x126) Image search: [Google]
special ed.jpe.jpg
7 KB, 216x126
post in this thread
if you were in special education or are autistic

post your ieps and shit also stories

also post if you were on meds at the time or are now
>>
Haha I had an Iep in HS, its because I had decided early on I wanted to be a Neet and they were hell bent on making sure I got a job.

I am a Neet now though, so, I guess I won.

That class was so annoying though, a bunch of nosy Indian immigrants always trying to look at my phone screen
>>
File: 20141003_220159.jpg (439 KB, 961x1281) Image search: [Google]
20141003_220159.jpg
439 KB, 961x1281
I was in special ed for autism

I was not on any medication during my mom was against meds

I got put on meds when I got sent to the psych ward for having a meltdown when stopped by the police
>>
>>25127547
they also tried to do that to me but they were wanting me to do retard jobs and I said fuck that

I kind of wish I used them so I could get a retard job at the post office I would be making 30$ an hour by now and started at 23$ an hour
>>
I knew r9k was a bunch of idiots
>>
File: why-00045.jpg (20 KB, 438x438) Image search: [Google]
why-00045.jpg
20 KB, 438x438
>Put into Sped for emotional issues
>Alienated from normies because of it
I didn't have any trouble learning, but I still had to deal with being seen as a retard.
>>
>>25127592
>Turning down an easy $23 an hour job
Fucking seriously? I don't think I'd have any depression if I was finally able to make enough to live on my own, and you turned that opportunity down?
Well, you realized it was a mistake, so I can't be too angry. Try to take advantage of your autism to get a job. Either that or welfare.
>>
>>25128410
I did not know about it at the time
I think ima try and restart my case with vocational rehab and try to get the job idk
>>
>>25128380
I know that feel robo
>>
>>25128756
Is life still treating you like shit too?
>>
>>25128901
yes

its fucked im going to kill myself soonish
>>
I never got diagnosed with anything, well maybe once they just said I had a learning/hearing disability, but getting called retarded a lot feels really fucking bad.
>>
>>25128944
Sorry to hear that anon.
It might be better to just keep living. If you don't have the money get a call center job. They pay well and high high turnover, meaning you can get hired easily. They usually have positions where you just email, so it might be a decent job for a robot.
>>
I was in special ed pre-k because I was born tongue-tied and had it fixed too late, such that it impaired my speech development slightly. I don't know who's exact decision was it to put me in retard pre-k, but it was an idiotic one. I can't remember much besides just chilling around being fed a cheese curl at a time by some old lady. I also remember my teacher changing me. I did have a stutter that I only grew out of around grade 7. I'd like to say it's gone, but I still spaghetti and stutter if I'm talking too fast.
>>
I knew it bots
>>
your all dumb so dumb
>>
I had an iep because I was identified as gifted
>>
I was in a special education program to help me talk. I was just not designed for it. I could understand what people said and read, just talking was the hard part.

I had to take stupid math through most of high school :/
>>
File: 6th grade.jpg (454 KB, 1864x2044) Image search: [Google]
6th grade.jpg
454 KB, 1864x2044
>>25131067
I remember the retard math

it literally made me want to kill myself
>>
>>25131303
Its funny because I am not bad at math at all, I just refused to do homework. Especially if the teacher never fucking taught that shit properly. I had this fat ass fuck who didnt teach, and told us to read the book. Fuck USA education.
>>
not autistic (probably) but went from taking AP classes to being recommended for a remedial education type class full of the other burnouts and potheads
>>
>>25131474
you probably are autistic desu
>>
>>25127518
>transfer from poor inner city school to rich white suburban school
>>immediately put into sped
>asked multiple times what my so called learning disability was never got a straight answer
>iep is basically an extra study hall in a converted storage closet
>finally get fed up and tell them I'm dropping out when I turn 16
>they're response is to kick me out of sped entirely

I did some research later on and learned that sped kids are basically cash cows for the school system. Schools get state and federal grants for each kid that is then funneled into other programs. Me threatening to drop out while still in sped basically red flagged me, and they would've had to spend a whole Shitlod on keeping me in the system. It was easier just to kick me out of sped and let me drop out as a normie
>
>>
>>25127518
reporting in.
Was in for HFA. Saw a lot of special snowflakes, bullshit, furries, tumblr, feminist, devianart idiots and neckbeard that considered themself wizard or some random animals.

On top of that, the teachers treated us like freaking kids and we were forced to do some stupid ass activities that get no benefit whatsoever
Biggest waste of education and there was too much retardation that I've could endured all these years. Waste of years and time, and money.
>>
>>25132229
been there done that except i was not allowed to drop out by my mom and by the time i was 18 i already had a year left so i said fuck it and did nothing and still passed
>>
>>25130609
the irony is on and on. sir
>>
I was in special ed from 1st to 3rd grade because my verbal communication skills developed very slowly (wouldn't talk at the normal age kids started talking, then I had a very bad speech impediment). By third grade, my verbal communication skills caught up with the regular third graders and I was placed in regular classes from 4th grade on.
>>
>>25128240
The irony here is that you're the idiot.
>>
I was in a special education program basically from 5th grade through highschool graduation.

I got out of it for a year when I was a junior but got screwed and put back in during senior year.

The feels I felt were very real.

I was in there for being emotionally disturbed and acting up, and I sat by and watched as people who were obviously worse than me get out of the program year after year.

They wanted me to adjust to normie schooling and to fit in better socially.
How the fuck do you expect that to happen when everyone sees me getting off the short bus every day while isolating me from everyone?

Needless to say I'm a complete failure in life.
>>
File: 579375979.jpg (512 KB, 992x1140) Image search: [Google]
579375979.jpg
512 KB, 992x1140
>>25132229
>tfw when I drop out cause of one of these reason.
Stupid jews wasting my times again.
>>
>>25132935
the jews are the bad news
>>
>>25133311
One of the mainly reason these disorder are over diagnosed today as was ADHD in the 90s. The only reason though, is that the pharmacology industry make tons of money out of parents because they're children are ``Special`` while no one can actually raise them properly cause the society is shaped like a rotten onion these days.
>>
I was there and it sucked ass fuck my life
>>
oh I was a naughty naughty boy
I was on a 504 plan and also put in these "behavior rooms" full of those retard strength chimp-out autists
>>
>>25134223
what did you do to be a naughty boy?
>>
its why im killing myself
>>
>>25135253
do it
it will fix the world
>>
I was diagnosed with Dyslexia, dysgraphia, and ADHD in 1st or 2nd grade and received a bunch of special services and had an IEP throughout my time in the school system.
>>
what did you guys get out of your ieps?
>>
>>25136258
when I graduated high school at 19yo. I then used my IEP and other documentation to get accommodations at my college.
>>
>>25137041
what kind of accommodations did you get?
>>
>>25127518
I actually have a question for someone on this thread I have always been anti social (in highschool for instance I would almost a hundred percent of the time sit by my self and when others attempted to make conversation id just say hi then send them on there way
on the other hand I have been in comparison to my other peers slightly more mature usually preferring to spend time in the library and I usually I never have been in any sort of special education im just really anti social and detached from everyone but asides from that I act in my opinion completely normal for the most part whats up with me?
>>
>>25137077
In college I only get
"Test Accommodations:
>Double time
>computer with Word for Short Answer, Essay Exams, and In-class/impromptu Writing
Classroom Accommodations:
>Instructor's lecture notes, outline of lecture, or copy of power point presentations.
>Digital Recorder: The student may use this device for lectures, assignments, and directions in order to supplement their notes."
>>
>>25138010
shit sorry about that awful grammar its quite late here
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.