[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there a cure for not finding anything fun? For some reason
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 8
File: TakeMe.png (1 MB, 1125x1125) Image search: [Google]
TakeMe.png
1 MB, 1125x1125
Is there a cure for not finding anything fun? For some reason I can't play or watch anything for more then 30mins without dropping it. I really want to play video games and watch some anime, but I can't do it without feeling like I'm wasting my time and then stop playing. I can only sit in my chair, listening to music and browsing r9k before I want to kill myself. Help me r9k.
>>
I second this. I can't even watch movies anymore.
>>
>>25124885
Get a job. And of course this wasnt an original comment.
>>
they call it "growing up"
>>
>>25124916
Already have one. That's why I'm asking, on my off days like today I just spend it staring at my wall with music.
>>
>>25124920
Is there a way not to grow up?
>>
>>25124885
same here, i just force myself into watching anime and most times it becomes enjoyable
>>
>>25124932
Then I dunno m8. I thought you were a neet because when I was one I also stopped finding things entertaining. Perhaps you have one those variants of depression...
>>
>>25124968
Yeah, wouldn't doubt that.
>>
What you need is a social connection. People to talk to. About anything.
And it only helps if you're relaxed around them.
You know, the type of friends you can say literally anything to without worrying.
No, /r9k/ doesn't count.
>>
>>25124885
>Is there a cure
yes, it's called suicide
>>
>>25125025
That might pretty hard to get

>>25125044
already thought of that many times
>>
>>25124885
Kinda same, but I find myself playing for a lot longer if playing on a console in an armchair instead of in front of the computer.

Probably something to do with my attention span, and that my pc barely run new games
>>
>>25124885

I am exactly like that, I thought it was my job. I lost my job and I still can't do anything.

Doing anything is a struggle, and I mean anything. I've come to accept it, do as little as possible (try to put what little energy I have into productive things).
>>
>>25125091
>already thought of that many times
Then you should probably go through with it
>>
>>25125091
>That might pretty hard to get
M-maybe we could become friends and talk
>>
>listening to music
Can somebody explain to me how music can be this powerfull? I am like op and I drop anything I start in a matter of minutes, but I can enjoy listening to music for hours straight.
>>
>>25125183
Maybe because you don't have to involve yourself, you just sit back, in a comfy spot, and listen.
>>
>>25124885
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anhedonia

It's not normal to feel this way, and there may be medical interventions that can help.
>>
>>25124920
>growing up
Into a pit of despair
>>
Make lists of what you still have to watch/play. After you watched it/played it, rank it. Make threads about it and talk with others.

Also tell me whats in your backlog currently, I will tell you what to play
>>
File: 0115173615039_880.jpg (42 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
0115173615039_880.jpg
42 KB, 640x480
You are now jealous.
>>
>>25125204
Makes sense, I am not really active while listening to music.
>>
Inject some marijuanas
>>
>>25125228
I don't have a backlog... I used to just pickup old games I found fun (WoW, Pokemon, L4D, etc), but now I don't even bother with them. Sometimes I'll install them and think "this time it will be different" only to uninstall them after 5 minutes.

>>25125239
gross
>>
I think it's part of growing up. After a while happiness just can't be found. I find making everything a routine helps me to enjoy life.

One day I sat down and fleshed out what the routine of my ideal self would look like. Then I started doing it. 5 days a week I wakeup, gym, shower, work or school, then come home and cook, watch a movie or 3 to 4 episodes of a show, then shower and bed. I do intermittent fasting 16:8. I break fast at 12:00 with 2 brotein shakes in 2 quarts milk. I usually eat dinner at 1800, usually some kind of stir fry or pasta.

I don't necessarily enjoy it, but I do find satisfaction in the illusion of progress. I can say look at this, I do these things, I read these books, I watched these films and shows. Most people define themselves by their consumption, sometimes even literally in the case of the vegan and organic freaks. I mean really it's not like I would be any more or less happy if I just dd my usual and sat around on 4chan allday and did the minimum to get by. Weekends I do whatever, but I usually try to visit family or some shit like that so I can get another checkmark on my ideal goy list.
>>
File: 1449469593169.png (397 KB, 912x802) Image search: [Google]
1449469593169.png
397 KB, 912x802
This picture might sum things up for you, OP. You've propably realized the sad truth in a subconscious level.
>>
File: kylo ren kills han solo.jpg (33 KB, 350x364) Image search: [Google]
kylo ren kills han solo.jpg
33 KB, 350x364
>>25124885
why is this album cover such a meme now
its not even a good album
also filename
>>
>>25125523
fug this. original comment blox
>>
>>25125523
Not OP, but this is bullshit.
I don't play videogames and i have plenty of money.
I'm successful, top of my class in uni.
All my friends started playing videogames a few years ago.
Before, we would talk, joke, go out, etc.
Now, they just argue over trivial shit and play games.
Since i can't relate, i'm lonely and depressed.
>>
>>25124885
than.
MORE THAN. NOT MORE THEN.

WHY DO SO MANY PEOPLE MAKE THIS MISTAKE?
>>
File: c89NmxX.png (4 KB, 200x45) Image search: [Google]
c89NmxX.png
4 KB, 200x45
>>25124885
/r9k/ ruined your attention span OP, that's why.
Focus on something mentally challenging, like reading a book.
>>
>>25126372
>/r9k/ ruined your attention span OP, that's why.
I meditate 25 min every day, so my attention span is more than fine and gets better every day.

However, the more I meditate or think about life, the more pathetic everything seems.
>>
File: mypointt.png (4 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
mypointt.png
4 KB, 400x400
>>25125818
>describing social isolation
>describing something completely different from the picture
>>
>>25124885
Stop fapping.

You fucked up your motivation system. So of course until you remedy it, you're gonna have to power through the period of everything being boring.
>>
>>25124885
I know this feel, OP. It fucking sucks
>>
You just need to find a project. I think boredom is there to push you to try new things.
>>
>>25128660
seconded
>2 weeks off from work because of christmas
>do nothing but stare at the wall or watch shit on youtube all day
fuck i miss having friends
>>
Its because as you get older, you realize (subconsciously perhaps) that you need your life to have some kind of meaning or purpose, and video games/movies/leisure activities don't fill that void that develops. Working a menial or unfulfilling job doesn't offer any meaning or purpose as, like video games and movies, you're just doing it to do it, or to fill time.

What you need to do is first try to discover yourself, and find out what's meaningful to *you* personally and what sorts of things might be fulfilling to *you*. This isn't something that happens over night, either, nor will it probably be something that's easy. Thats why once you find this fulfilling path, then your leisure activities of video games and movies act as a break or rest from that, and hence will feel more fulfilling and fun overall.

For me, the mysteries of the universe called so I study advanced mathematics and mathematical physics, but also my time spent resting playing video games or playing music is more enjoyable for me as well.
>>
>>25124885
More gore!
>>
File: cover.jpg (50 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
50 KB, 700x700
I don't even know what it is anymore. I just hooked up Smash Bros Melee and played for like 20mins. Then I thought, "Why am I playing this? I won't ever be good enough to go to tournaments or shit. I don't even have anyone to play with. I'm just wasting time on something that will lead to nothing." Unhooked everything and stuffed it back under my bed. Now back on r9k where I started.
>>
File: Hackerman.jpg (247 KB, 671x359) Image search: [Google]
Hackerman.jpg
247 KB, 671x359
>>25124885
I get this sometimes.

I just go out and do something that requires effort, such as learning something complicated, practicing a skill or exercising. If you're a wagecuck this probably means you spend too much of your life working and you've forgotten how to relax, if you're a NEET this probably means you're sick of relaxing.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.