[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Because I want to nice, I'm thinking of opening a Christmas
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: OwO.jpg (43 KB, 385x526) Image search: [Google]
OwO.jpg
43 KB, 385x526
Because I want to nice, I'm thinking of opening a Christmas dinner for people without families in my city. Most people I know are from other parts of the country and can't have dinner with their own families for economic, emotional, and other reasons, myself included. I just wanted to start a family-like event for people new in this area to socialize, or at least have dinner when they probably can't afford it. The only problem is expense and surface area, I might have too many people come and have too little food, or too much food and few people. Despite the chance this will fail, should I go though with it? Should I have a family dinner for people without families here?
>>
Not unless you want to get mugged.
>>
>>25123573
Sure. You could ask a church, maybe a Unitarian church, if they are willing to help with the space.
Although it might be a bit late to start setting this up now.
>>
Make it so people have to sign up for it beforehand or something, that way you will know how many people are coming etc.

Also, I recommend you start out small, maybe just 4-5 people this year. Make it a thing around all holidays, slowly add in more people. That way you will get to know everyone fairly well for a better family feeling and also its easier to avoid assholes leeching of the whole thing or right out destroying it.
>>
>>25123674
I like that suggestion, I think they should make a donation too (say, about $) so I can better pay for it.
>>
>>25123712
I meant to say $10
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.