[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It's 2015 How come STILL whenever someone mentions God someone
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 8
It's 2015
How come STILL whenever someone mentions God someone a load of people have to say "HA! Fools! God not real.. I pity you..."
>>
>>25123439
>God someone a load of people have to say "HA! Fools! God not real.. I pity you..."

Ah, infertile atheists with 1.3 children who will go extinct anyway, who cares.
>>
>>25123439
"It's annoying when people are obnoxious about their beliefs! Just keep quiet!"

"Unless you're religious, then it's somehow magically not annoying and doesn't bother me at all"

Pick 1 OP, either it bothers you or it doesn't. If religious people can bring up "WOW look at dis sky God did such god job xD #beautifulgod #WOAH", then other people can say "WOW god don't exist lol xD"
>>
because they're a bunch of special onisionfags who hate anyone who's religious for no good reason
>>
>>25123439
I don't really know desu. The top intellectual school of thought used to be diesm. Most people seem to not understand that agnosticism is the logical choice, not athiesm. It's kind of the ultimate in normies looking stupid desu. I guess most people don't understand philosophy too well, its one of the most intelligent majors statistically so it makes semse. I don't know how someone could be alive and not think about it or be on their own search for truth.
>>
>>25123483
I'd rather not have either, but the latter sort of people tend to be connect their beliefs to intelligence and mock the former for the lack of it.
>>
>>25123487
or maybe they hate religions people, because they literally hold back humanity?
>>
>>25123494
>Most people seem to not understand that agnosticism is the logical choice, not athiesm
>I guess most people don't understand philosophy too well

You seem to be one of those people.

The distinction you make between agnosticism and atheism is entirely ridiculous. It's a very common misunderstanding that a lot of people make. The logic that I'm sure you're using goes like this:

>Atheism is the certainty that God does not exist
>But you can't prove that there is no God, so how could you be certain?
>Therefore it's obviously far more logical to be agnostic

But there is a very simple problem with that thinking: atheism is not the certainty that there is no God. It has never meant that and no dictionary has ever defined it that way.
>>
>>25123520
I mean, it takes a stupid person to believe that Jesus fulfilled the prophecy of the lineage of David on his father's side when Jesus didn't even have a father, a story which isn't even internally consistent. It takes a stupid person to believe the excuse-making statement that Jesus will fulfill the prophecy "some random time later, dude! It's okay that he didn't fulfill the prophecy at all!" When in the real Bible, there is no concept of a second coming. It takes a stupid person to believe that the Jesus is the son of God, proven by his resurrection, yet resurrection was very common back in those days according to the same source and the entire city of Jerusalem raised from their tombs and walked around talking to people for three days. It takes a stupid person to think that it's good form to believe in the words of ancient superstitious people that all of this supernatural stuff happened, instead of the much more likely possibility that there were some misunderstandings and a rumor spread around.

I can see why atheists think people like that are dumb.
>>
>>25123678
Thank you for informing me on that, I like knowing new things and will keep that in mind when I read certain philosophers. I can accept that I misused it and that the true definition is the one you described, however it should be noted that the majority of people who identify athiest mean it in the way I originally described.
>>
File: fucking faggot.png (547 KB, 996x572) Image search: [Google]
fucking faggot.png
547 KB, 996x572
I never understood why people who don't believe in God must be so evangelical about it. Seriously, no one gives a fuck. If you don't believe in God that's more incentive to just live your life without wasting so much time trying to convince other people about it. And don't indotricnate your kids. If your kid decides he wants to be an idiot Christian or Muslim or something then fine. If you truly are an atheist it shouldn't matter to you since we're all going to the same place after it's over...the ground.
>>
>>25123494
>DURR SOLIPSISM IS THE LOGICAL CHIOCE AND NONE OF YOU UNDERSTAND THE CONTEXT OF PHILOSOPHICAL DISUCSSION GIONG ON HERE

I have a Ph.D. in philosophy and you have no idea what is going on, matey.
>>
>>25123439
For the same reason religious people will always feel the need to "correct" atheists. It's just a clash of ideals, nothing more.
>>
>>25123644

Example A.

>>25123478
Can't wait for them to die out, theyre more cancer than Muslims at this point.
>>
The same reason people of this board bring up cucks, roasties, wageslaves and etc.

nothing better to do than engage in pointless arguments.
>>
>>25123827
I can accept that I'm wrong. Please post the counter argument to Descartes that dethroned him as the father of philosophy. I would be appreciative of that, I have been curious as to whether that had been done or not. Also I was under the impression that solipsism was one of infinite possibilities under Descartes logic, that he was basically saying that nothing else could be asserted and was thus a mystery?
>>
>>25123439
Blow back and counter culture
A lot of people would flip there shit over any science being taught years ago and then you have the crazy Catholic shit like sex is evil and we need to be wasting time and energy on just the gay sin and ignore everything else.

We hit a point where people just roll their eyes at the word god because they see it to translate into all those white trash nuts they encountered that try to convince them that they were going to hell over something contrive.
>>
File: 822897.png (756 KB, 796x608) Image search: [Google]
822897.png
756 KB, 796x608
>>25123854
>Can't wait for them to die out, theyre more cancer than Muslims at this point.

Yeah, also: they are responsible for the Church being rendered defenseless, feminine, impotent.

Sure, not them alone. Atheists, secularists, women's and gay right activists etc. Now the Church is enchained.

And while the West was strong enough, with strong family units, borders, a strong Church and children: now the West is feminized, infertile, old and can't protect itself anymore.

Church enchained = West gets islamized
Church unchained = West will become Christian again not Muslim
>>
Atheists trying to shove their beliefs down society's throat are no better than radical Christians/Muslims/Whatever doing the same. Seriously, you aren't going to change anyone's mind, so shut up and keep your views to yourself unless asked. And adhering to one belief structure or another has nothing to do with intelligence (this always comes up). I've known very bright Christians/Muslims/Atheists/Etc, and I've known mouth-breathing Christians/Muslims/Atheists/Etc who were burdens on the gene pool.
>>
>>25123439
fuck off
bloxerino
>>
>>25123815
>however it should be noted that the majority of people who identify athiest mean it in the way I originally described.

I don't think you can substantiate that in any way. I'm aware of absolutely no evidence that suggests that and it has not been the case with the majority of atheists I've known.

Just take Richard Dawkins for example: he is probably the most well known and influential atheist. That might even be true of all time. He has stated that he is not 100% certain that God does not exist.
>>
File: Just watching a moive in france.jpg (105 KB, 684x606) Image search: [Google]
Just watching a moive in france.jpg
105 KB, 684x606
>they think a god is going to save starving kids in Africa
>they think a god isn't about balance and harmony
>they think a god wont cleanse the earth
lel
>>
File: 3.jpg (23 KB, 340x260) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
23 KB, 340x260
God sure has some beautiful paintings
>>
File: Josephmerrick1889.jpg (421 KB, 756x1110) Image search: [Google]
Josephmerrick1889.jpg
421 KB, 756x1110
>>25124051
God is amazing
>>
>>25124051
thank for to be callling me beautiful
in my villige i am monster
>>
>>25123439
You just gave the reason it's exactly because it's 2015. It's not the stone ages anymore and believing in a god let alone a god that you just somehow were born in the right place with the right god out of the thousands is just silly. I mean I'm all for it giving morals to the savages that can't be a good people with fear of hell looming over them. But believing in fairy tales as an adult really says a lot about a person
>>
American protestantism is outdated and slowly dying. It's being replaced by cultural marxism, whose new hyperreligious and unegalitarian enemy is Islam.

Tumblrinas crying about social justice are the same thing as the suffragettes in the women's christian defense league, just without Jesus because "Christianity isn't intersectional and inclusive in 2015!" or some other falsehood.

more things change, more they same
>>
OH MY GOD
IS IT
[THE CURRENT YEAR] ?
>>
>>25123439
>because why help starving children when you can make clouds
I don't think any holy book say that god is supposed to directly interfere with earthly matters.
>>
>>25124051
>2015
>these things would live because God is good and science is wrong to say these things don't have "conscious thoughts"
>1815
>these things would be abandoned to die because God is good and you were sinful for birthing such an abomination

Elephant dude was a bretty cool guy tho
>>
>>25123439
Because it's fun to play devils advocate you stupid nigger.

If someone had instead posted scientific facts on the normiebook wall, I would've been the one to say something about God. The only thing I believe in is chaos.
>>
>>25123965
>Atheists trying to shove their beliefs down society's throat are no better than radical Christians/Muslims/Whatever doing the same
There are so many things wrong with that sentence. Here's one obvious distinction that you seem to be overlooking:

Muslims and Christians use horrible threats of pain and suffering when they are pushing their beliefs. I'm sure I don't have to explain how Muslims use violence, so I'll just say this about Christians: they tell children that if they don't adopt Christianity they will be tortured for all eternity in Hell.

I'm not aware of an atheist ever threatening anything when they are trying to convince people.

>Seriously, you aren't going to change anyone's mind, so shut up and keep your views to yourself unless asked
People's minds get changed all the time by arguments that atheists make. There are thousands of accounts that you can read on the internet about religious people reading atheist material, realizing that their beliefs aren't logical and then discarding their religion. Of course that's often a difficult and slow process but it completely contradicts what you're saying.

I'd also be interested to know if you use apply that same rule to religious people. When a religious person says anything about their religious views do you tell them "Seriously, you aren't going to change anyone's mind, so shut up and keep your views to yourself unless asked"?

>And adhering to one belief structure or another has nothing to do with intelligence (this always comes up)
>I've known very bright Christians/Muslims/Atheists/Etc, and I've known mouth-breathing Christians/Muslims/Atheists/Etc who were burdens on the gene pool.

You think the fact that there are dumbass atheists and brilliant Christians proves there is no connection between beliefs and intelligence? You have to be kidding.
>>
>>25124165
>I don't think any holy book say that god is supposed to directly interfere with earthly matters.

well then clearly you haven't read any holy books and don't know anything about them

also, you're totally missing the point. if god is making beautiful clouds then he is controlling earthly matters. that person is saying "why isn't he helping starving children then, wouldn't that more important than painting pretty clouds"?
>>
File: 1443733608331.jpg (19 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
1443733608331.jpg
19 KB, 225x225
daily reminder that the average atheist sticks bananas up his ass
daily reminder that the most intelligent people on Earth are Christians
http://www.examiner.com/article/of-10-highest-iq-s-on-earth-at-least-8-are-theists-at-least-6-are-christians
>>
>>25123854
A lot of atheists are ex believers
Theyre not going to die out
>>
>>25123439
The same reason why a gigantic Hanukkah menorah can be lit on the front lawn of the White House and national holidays like Thanksgiving and Christmas are devolved into celebrations of greed, envy, and gluttony.
>>
>>25123439
>Mother Nature is the best artist. Not god.
Foolish Christians. Don't they know that the Earth Mother is the only TRUE power?
>>
For that reason.
>2015
We really should've moved on by now yet there's still this religious shit posted everywhere.
>>
>>25123439
based roasties
>>
>in 20 years, the only practicing, religious christians will be /r9k/ virgins
weird world we live in
>>
>>25123950

I agree with all you said

>>25124244
God, just shut up already.
Atheists are the most obnoxious creatures. I hate them even more than Muslims.
Feminized, dead inside, stupid, no morals, forcing their opinions down your throats, obsessed with money and other stupid shit.

The West is this "culture" and deserves to be killed by Islamists and conquered
>>
File: 1411897172955.gif (920 KB, 245x230) Image search: [Google]
1411897172955.gif
920 KB, 245x230
>mfw people still haven't realized that we are all god and god is all of us
>>
>>25125963
Hello Ahmed
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.