[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Found out the surprise my GF is getting me for Christmas.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: 91fMCkWWKgL._SL1500_.jpg (236 KB, 1500x1365) Image search: [Google]
91fMCkWWKgL._SL1500_.jpg
236 KB, 1500x1365
>Found out the surprise my GF is getting me for Christmas.
>Its a crosley vinyl player.
>Its a shit tier vinyl player that wrecks records.
>I cant accept this
>I probably will never use this to play my records EVER
>bummed out because I got her $300 worth of decent and expensive gifts.
>we saw an advert for it and she said "oh that looks neat" and I kind of nodded to silence my /mu/tant side.
>but now shes going to see mfw I open this shit up on Christmas morning

I don't know what to do lol
>>
>>25122310
>gf
>GF
>GIRLFRIEND
>>
I got my brothers girlfriend this for Christmas (pink though). Idgaf if it ruins records i hate shopping and she straight up just told me to get that for her
>>
>>25122382
She might be a normie cunt but shes still going to notice how fucking dreadful the playback is. Like listening to a 128kbp/s limewire rip on a old Sony Ericsson.
>>
>>25122310
Option 1: Be completely honest and open with her. Tell her now since you already found out somehow. She'll feel bad, but it won't be as bad as telling her on Christmas morning or living a lie for the rest of your life, and she'll have a chance to get you something else.

Option 2: Pretend to love it and just play a few records that you don't really like and/or are already scratched to hell. If you don't have any, just go to a thrift store and get some old abused records.

Not an option: Get out now because you're a normie with a girlfriend. Ree.
>>
>>25122310
>listening to vinyl in 2015

who fucking does this shit seriously, you can stream for free in 320kbs but you want to listen to a fucking sheet of plastic? You deserved this you normie hipster cunt, fuck off.
>>
>>25122937
Holy shit dude I was wondering where you've been. Good thing you didn't die.
>>
>>25122310
>GF
>$300
>/mu/tant
GTFO
>>
>>25122310
Would replacing the cartridge with a better one help with the damage issue, or is it something mechanical in the player that's at fault?
>>
Op go out and buy one for yourself before christmas pretending to be oblivious to the fact she got you one, get an old scratched record and play it in front of her and complain that it ruined it and take it back and hope she gets the hint to return the one she got you.

Either that or like pretend to shop for a vinyl player and look at a few and when you get to that one read negative reviews about it and maybe make up a friend that had one and got his shit ruined and once again hope she gets the hint.

Or just fucking tell her it's fucking shit you fucking pussy[\spoiler]
>>
>>25123010
i believe that crosleys damage records in two ways: the cartridge gouging the shit out of it and the platter being too small, thus warping the record, so replacing the cartridge would not really save the record
>>
>>25122310
Me and my gf stopped buying each other Christmas presents years ago, saved us a lot of money.
>>
>>25122310
>actually has a girlfriend meme

Kek
>>
>>25122310
You are getting cucked by tyrone at this moment. Hipster cunt. Get out with your normie problems. Fuck of reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
>>
File: newman.gif (81 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
newman.gif
81 KB, 500x375
>>25122310

that exact thing is for sale at my corner AM/PM for $39.99

she must really love you
>>
>>25124564
>>25125224

she prolly picked it up when she bought a pack of magnums for tyrone to pound her
>>
>>25122310
Use it the day you get it to show her you have an interest in it. Use a shit tier vinyl, which is perfect for a shit tier player. Then tell her you heard it scratches disks and never use it again. Problem solved.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.