[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I can't believe how fucking hyped this movie was. It's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 7
File: Star-Wars-7-New-Banner.jpg (319 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
Star-Wars-7-New-Banner.jpg
319 KB, 1600x1200
I can't believe how fucking hyped this movie was. It's the same recycled shit as Episode IV

>Both open with stormtroopers invading resistance
>Both follow poor main character who lives in a poor desert planet
>Said main character meets potential love mate
>Main character meets old character who knows everything
>Both have super bad villain in a star destroying planet
>Both have same old character die by villain
>Both lack lightsaber duels
>Both end in star destroying planets being destroyed
>>
>>25120240
>the awaken of the force
Fucking kek
Should be la fuerza despierta
>>
>>25120240
>can't believe how fucking hyped this movie was.
Really? Most normalfags only vaguely know the plot of the original trilogy, if at all, hence why VII is getting so much praise
>>
>muh novelty addiction
>>
this movie SUCKED SO BAD

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

seriously disappointing. I wasn't hyped at first but when every single source and everyone who had already seen it was praising it I became at least a little hopeful. I can't even count all the things that disappointed me about the movie.
>>
>>25120281
>>25120337

I can already see how the sequels are going to go

Episode 8

>Movie opens up with some battle on some planet
>Skywalker trains Rey to become a Jedi
>Ryn is all pissed off because he lost his hand and wants revenge
>Finn wakes up and starts a romantic relationship with Rey
>Ryn ends up fighting Skywalker and fucks him up
>Ryn fights Rey and almosts fucks her shit up too
>Ryn mentions something about the two being related or some shit about her past
>NOOOOOOOOOO
>Finn shows up and tries to shoot Ryn but fails and Ryn escapes
>Finn rescues Rey
>>
>>25120240

BUT ANON IT'S LE STAR WARS

who #darkside here?

"live long and prosper with the force" - Master Yoda
>>
>>25120240
I like calling him Kylo Reee because of his anger issues, those were some pretty funny moments.
>>
>>25120478

He looks like one the Boston bombers
>>
>>25120499
Kylo is the sith lord from r9k
>filled with insecurities
>is probably to fall in love with Ray at some point if he does decide to become a good guy
>she will reject him for fins niggercock
>he will ree and break more shit
>>
>>25120544

He also kills his own dad
>>
>>25120240
please understand this is the 'new generation' star wars. theyre using the same formula that work on us as kids. now its time to get the next generation on the wagon. its a business, why mess up the formula? overall the movie was pretty good, i enjoyed it.
>>
I liked it ok, but I expected a re-hash of the originals.
>>
>>25120440
>ryn
It's Ren you fucking autismo
>>
I'm sure if they had introduced a really new storyline everyone would have bashed it. They had to please millions of nostalgic fans, and this movie is nostalgia par excellence
I don't think that makes it bad actually, it's like the original trilogy, but with modern effects.
Just enjoy it.
>>
Not surprised, the previous star wars films were pretty fucking bad as well
>>
File: starcucks.jpg (301 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
starcucks.jpg
301 KB, 1920x1080
>>25120240

Star Cucks
>>
>>25121503
The nigger gets friendzoned though.
>>
>>25120864
There is nothing to enjoy.
Stop tolerating trash.
>>
File: 1450611834527.png (32 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
1450611834527.png
32 KB, 640x400
>>25121503
the cuck awakens
>>
Here are my predictions for the rest of the series.

>Luke reveals he is Rey's daddy and trains her.
>Kylo turns lightside at the very end of 8.
>Finn and Rey never meet in episode 8.
>Since Finn no longer has a spine he ends up becoming a cyborg.
>Chewbacca dies in 8. Calling it now they are trying to get rid of the old actors and phase them out. Han died in 7 because he was the most expensive actor.
>Luke dies in 9 is my prediction.
>Rey and Kylo rebuild the jedi order in 9 and have cousin incest fulfilling george lucas dream of incest in star wars.
>>
>>25121532

The cuck never awakes, the cuck stays bluepilled.
>>
it's always amusing how the "fans" reference the old trilogy as something great, thus demanding the new trilogy to meet its standards of grandiosity.
Get real, star wars was never good. The first trilogy is a little piece of fecal mater made to pander to kids and mentaly chalanged people for the futuristic settings and the shinny lasers. Utter shit then, utter shit now. No difference at all. Complaining about the quality of the new trilogy is like a justin bieber fangirl crying because the new album sounds exactly the same as the old one, and she wanted something inovative.
If you want inovation or quality writting regarding cinema, instead of shinny lights and trembling explosios, you need to leave hollywood behind.
>>
>>25122590
I've never liked star wars but at least you can't deny that the original trilogy was miles better than the prequels.
It's definitely not good cinema, or even particularly interesting flicks, but they weren't the absolute cringefest that the prequels were.
>>
>tfw the only reason Star Wars is popular is because the 70's was the golden age of special effects with Star Wars, King Kong, Moonraker, Alien, Superman, Logan's Run, Star Trek, etc
>>
Star Wars is awful.
>>
I watch the empire strikes back like every other week

I love it so much

The other SW movies are pretty meh, though interesting
>>
>Both lack lightsaber duels

did you even watch the movie?
>>
>>25123851
only one lightsaber duel, it's like 3 minutes
>>
>>25123939
Uwot
there's two: you can count both Finn and Ray's fight, with Ray's fight lasting well over 10 minutes.
>>
>>25120440
I get the feeling Luke will become a villain at some point, maybe by possession. Mark Hammill always wanted to play the villain at some point in the OT, just like Harrison Ford wanted his character to die on screen
I think the directors fulfilling these requests would have played some part in getting the older actors on board with it
It's just a thought
>>
>>25120544
>>25120559
He also beats his wound to cause swelling in the area, to stop bleeding. A technique common amongst the noble samurai
>>
File: 2edgy4u.jpg (72 KB, 680x671) Image search: [Google]
2edgy4u.jpg
72 KB, 680x671
>>25120544
I did enjoy it when he started throwing tantrums

Did anyone else think Kylo seemed like a tryhard edgemaster? I can almost see him with a Coldsteel-the-Hedgehog tier OC writing fanfiction about him and Vader
>>
File: 1450410721792.jpg (301 KB, 699x1211) Image search: [Google]
1450410721792.jpg
301 KB, 699x1211
>>25120240
Captcha

REEEEEEE
>>
>>25121520
Its confirmed they will have a kid in ep 9
>>
My brother surprised me this morning. He bought tickets for a showing tonight. While I don't care I really hope he isn't disappointed.
>>
Rey is my oneitis and I am Kylo Ren, she is upset to be stalked by a masked lunatic >_< but I am persistent.

We used to know each other well, but she dated Chad instead of me, now she regrets it.

She asks me to take the mask off, because I don't need it. I ask her what she thinks she'll see if I do. She says my face.

Then I take it off and she is awe struck by my ghostly pale and veiny skin and bloodshot red yellow eyes.

She wants to give me another chance, and I acknowledge her pleas, but as long as she lives, I am being torn apart. I plunge my saber into her chest, and she falls off the corridor.

Who else imagine themselves as Kylo Ren here?
>>
>>25124724
He even has a weird face like me.
>>
Idk family, I enjoyed it. 4chan collectively hates everything that's popular so of course this is no exception, but I was pleasantly surprised by how true they stayed to the other films. I would've hoped for a bit more lore mixed in, but other than that it was nice
>>
>>25120691

Fuck off you stupid nerd I'll call him whatever I want
>>
>>25125587

I just really wanted a different plot. None of this recycled bullshit
>>
Was the droid supposed to represent white men being cucked by the big, black alpha male?
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-12-19-09-18-52.jpg (771 KB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-12-19-09-18-52.jpg
771 KB, 2560x1440
>broke my Empire Strikes back VHS from overuse
>had a shelf filled with making-of books and technical encyclopedias.
>played and LIKED Teras Kasi on the PS1

All I wanted was another Star Wars. I don't care if it's a rehash if it's good. TFA is actually superior to Return of the Jedi, and in a year that's going to be the prevailing opinion.

People are hyped because it's hip and cool to suddenly like Star Wars, I know. But the real fans are also extremely hyped because we get to see things like pic related again. Unlike the prequels, TFA has the same atmosphere as the original trilogy.
>>
>>25127239
>people are hyped because it's hip and cool to suddenly like Star Wars
Star Wars has been "cool" for a VERY long time. Don't pretend that this is a new thing. My mom had Star Wars bedsheets when she was a kid.
>>
>>25120240
>>25120240
So many fuckin retards

They did this on purpose. It's supposed I be the same plot, do you really think they wrote this movie for over a year and then all of a sudden they just realized it's like a new hope?

It's a feature of the story, the problems people had with the prequels is they didn't seem like Star Wars, so in this one they transition between the old generation and the new generation with a film that sort of hits all the original trilogy themes.

Desert orphan, mysteries origins, force is magical, super weapon, roguish pilot, family betrayed, wise old alien.

Etc. etc.

The audience now has this trilogy conclusively tied with the first and they have basically covered the entire first trilogy in one movie.

Now they can move on from this point indefinately and they will, there aren't going to be three meow Star Wars movies there are going to be dozens over the next 40 years
>>
This movie is Marvel-trash tier
Worse than Prequels
>>
File: 1426568880916.png (148 KB, 2500x1645) Image search: [Google]
1426568880916.png
148 KB, 2500x1645
>>25128275
Don't you fucking say that. Absolutely not.
>>
>>25128383
I just did.
You know it's true.
>>
>>25126235
No, fuck off poltard.
>>
>>25120272
Eres gilipollas.
>>
> tfw all these cucks gave their money to Disney
> the company that created more robots than any other entity with their "true love exists" brainwashing

Torrent when?
>>
>>25128275
>>25128640

>Worse than the prequels

Did you even watch the fucking movie? Or the prequels for that matter?
>>
>>25120544

Kylo was supposed to be an angsty edgelord, it lines up with his Vader fanboy persona and his inner conflict with the force.

He is literally a 13 year old Vader with daddy issues.
>>
>>25122590
> If you want inovation or quality writting regarding cinema, instead of shinny lights and trembling explosios, you need to leave hollywood behind.

And let me guess, watch anime instead?
>>
>>25129413
I did.If you liked TFA you have no taste.
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.