[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>built a gaming pc one year ago >everything went smoothly
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: fregg.jpg (22 KB, 446x362) Image search: [Google]
fregg.jpg
22 KB, 446x362
>built a gaming pc one year ago
>everything went smoothly and is smooth even now
>suddenly started to worry about it failing or breaking, some weeks ago
>worry quickly became anxiety
>listening to every little noise it makes
>too scared to even dust it, worried that I might break something
>even if everything runs fine I can't keep this crippling fear away

this was supposed to be my haven
>>
Buy a console next time, they just work. Console master race, amirite?
>>
It is going to break eventually
>>
Congradulations you have ocd.
>>
File: image.jpg (102 KB, 620x639) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
102 KB, 620x639
The fuck you talking about Willis?

Take servers for instance they stay on 24/7 in a harsh environment for as long as feasible, I've seen some with uptimes of 500 days plus.

Don't be a fag, if a piece of hardware fails replace it, if the OS crashes repair it. Humans built it humans can fix it.
>>
>tfw over 1000 games for PC but hate life too much to even play them
>>
>>25120157
a pc is replaceable
also 999999% of the stuff can be monitored by watching the temps
if the temps are fine then you are golden
gaming pcs are supposed to be noisy and make vibrations and that kind of shit
>>
>build gaming pc
>three years solid of top performance
>everything is now starting to fuck up, constant crashes and weird noises
oh well go three years out of her.
>>
>>25120157
I've been in the pc building bidness since I was like 12 and built a single core athlon 64 system
I can tell you that if it runs perfectly and has been for a few months, that shit's gonna last 5+ years
I've gone through like 3 or 4 systems in the last 10 years and only ram and one motherboard has ever died on me(from very heavy overclocking, I was young, stupid and tried way too high voltage for too long)
relax, sit back, make sure your shit doesn't get too hot and enjoy your system, my dude
>>
>>25120954
not him but
can't computer parts fail all of a sudden even if the function properly?
or develop bad behaviors?
I have a 290 tri x that makes my desk tremble a bit and I can hear the fans kicking in at 40% and my case sometimes has a slight rattle but I think it's the side panel
I also know that one of the fans has a rattle that's a slight defect when it hits high rpm, in teh range of 60 to 65 percent
even if it works perfectly fine and the temperatures are great, isn't this a sign that it will break soon-ish? or am I just too worried for nothing? I game and try to keep my temperatures under 75 degrees at all time and the fan speed under 40 percent, although it's difficult sometimes, but they usually stay under that treshold
>>
>>25120157

>build pc
>dont bother putting backplate for motherboard on
>fly buzzes past, miss swatting it and it scoots into pc
>moments later hear cpu/psu fan shred it and giggle

once you repair each part at least once/build a few pcs you start to care less
>>
>>25120157

>6 year old PC
>works fine
>>
>>25120847
power supply.
you have to replace them every few years.
>>
Get compressed air for dusting and then ventilate the room so you can get the dust out of the room
>>
i had a computer from 2002 till 2011 the only thing ive added was some ram and I think a video card. It ran smooth as fuck but then i was really curios about the pieces and ive broke it by mistake. I tried for 2 days to repairs but to no avail.
Ive destroyed it with a hammer yesterday
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.