[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is being a careercuck even worse than being a wagecuck?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
File: 0067856 udf.jpg (23 KB, 452x300) Image search: [Google]
0067856 udf.jpg
23 KB, 452x300
Is being a careercuck even worse than being a wagecuck?
>>
If you're in a good field that pays well being a careercuck is the best life. You get the satisfaction of doing something useful with your life while also making money.
>>
how is doing something professional that you actually like a bad thing?
>>
>>25117961
because you're still enslaved to work 40-50 hours a week for most of your life. Many tell me they work even more hours, because they get paid a salary instead of hourly, boss can work them whenever they are needed.
>>
>>25118205
yeah but they can afford nice things, go on vacations around the world, raise a family that isn't poor, retire early and be respected by others for graduating college and having a decent career
>>
File: 565eae96d7446.jpg (227 KB, 3072x2048) Image search: [Google]
565eae96d7446.jpg
227 KB, 3072x2048
>>25118253
>yeah but they can afford nice things
Rich on money, poor on time. I would never feel live life is enjoyable if I have to spend most of my day at work most days of the week most years of my life. Owning stuff doesn't make you happy, having life experiences, and the freedom to do what you want with your limited time on earth does. This is why I am happier to enjoy my free time as a NEET even though poor than if I'm a career slave with lots of money but no time to enjoy it.
>, go on vacations around the world
Yeah, and don't forget you have to be back at work in 2 weeks, or wait another 5 years for your next sabbatical, if even.

>raise a family that isn't poor
Better yet just never have kids so you don't have to deal with the financial burden, and all the legal and ethical problems of creating new human life. This is easy mode cause I'm on the wizard track.

>be respected by others for graduating college and having a decent career
Atta goy
>>
>>25117961
>useful
Nigga everybody's job is useful. They're also all comparably spiritual vacuous.
>>
>>25118205
>because they get paid a salary instead of hourly, boss can work them whenever they are needed.

This always seemed crazy to me. I never want to be non-hourly because I want there to be some motive not to work me like a dog, but it seems like getting beyond a certain level requires salarying.

Actually, I wouldn't even mind it as much if it swung the other way; like if there was less to do a certain week you just wouldn't hit 40 hours. You'd be trusted to know how much needs doing and put in the time necessary. But all I've ever heard of is "You have to hit 40 a week, and also you might work more if management deems it necessary." Seems like total shit.
>>
File: makhno_flag_big.jpg (292 KB, 1573x1600) Image search: [Google]
makhno_flag_big.jpg
292 KB, 1573x1600
>NEET life is shit
>Wagecuck life is shit
>Career life is shit
revolution when?
>>
>>25118714
seems like most hourly white color workers spend less than half the time working, and the rest of the day goldbricking on facebook and reddit.
>>
Is working in academia comfy? I want to just live out my life indoctrinating impressionable youths, doing research, and banging college qts.
>>
>>25118746
That career will be gone in under 10 years
>>
>>25118742

I don't think that's just the hourly ones.

>>25118746

I don't know about that. It's a lot of work and seems like a tough environment between dealing with students and with academic bureaucracy.
>>
/whitecollar/ here, I sold out and am doing Jew work in finance. I rarely talk to my boss or co-workers. Half the time is screwing around online, other half I pull in the Jew gold for my Jew master.

The only plus is I get the illusion of doing something useful and decent pay.

Hours are near 40, fairly cushy but I realize I need to move on to better things sometime.
>>
>>25118858
wew lad. I'm still in Uni and i'll probably get a government job or atleast something useful, its gonna be hard with a meme degree (Biz)
>>
>>25118746
It's really not. And kiss your entire reputation goodbye if you ever get caught with a student.
>>
Enough with this shit, this is the cancer that kills /r9k/
>>
>>25119201
No, that would be the self loathing, depressive and "I want to kill myself please give me attention" posters.
>>
>>25117919
is this your new sad try to troll or are butthurt because you are a poor failure in lofe xD?
pro tip i dont even enter your shit threads anyway, just hide and away
>>
>>25117919

I'm a pretty successful lawyer (for being only a few years out of law school).

My job rules. I make six figures working mostly 9-5. I set my own hours. My boss does little more than rubber stamp my work and is a great dude. I love everything I work on. Hell, I look forward to going in on Mondays (I rarely work weekends).
>>
>>25119237
good shitpost faggot
>>
File: 111.jpg (80 KB, 576x548) Image search: [Google]
111.jpg
80 KB, 576x548
>>25119237
>xD, XDXDD,XDXd omg guys xDXDXd :))))) XDXDX
underage faggot please leave
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.