[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw brought Yahtzee, Pictionary, and Monopoly to the Family
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (59 KB, 476x364) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
59 KB, 476x364
>tfw brought Yahtzee, Pictionary, and Monopoly to the Family Christmas Party
>actually set up Pictionary and everything after my Granny said we would all play
>as I'm setting it up, everyone goes outside
>I sit inside waiting for like ten minutes
>check on everyone
>they're all sitting outside with blankets and stuff
>ask what they're doing
>"we're just relaxing, do you want to play charades? You can act out the stuff we tell you :^)"
>go inside
>put Pictionary up
>later
>Granny says we'll play Monopoly
>set it all up
>waiting
>Dad asks what I'm doing
>tell him I'm waiting for him to sit down and play Monopoly
>"no one wants to play Monopoly with you, go play by yourself on your iPad or something"
I think I've played over 30 Games of Monopoly by myself against the AI in preparation for this Christmas Party. Why does my Family hate me?
>>
Describe yourself so i can judge you OP.
>>
You're a beta orbiter for your grandma cuck
>>
I win a good percentage of every game. People don't want to play with me.
>>
>>25115299
It's pretty easy if you pay attention and actually put any effort into the game.
>>
>>25115286
5'3", 9lbs, Monopoly and Carcassonne are my favorite Board Games.
>>
>>25115348
Fuck, I meant 95lbs.
>>
>>25115366
5'3" 95lbs
Man it sure is rough being 13
>>
>>25115348
Thank you hungry, hungry skeleton.
>>
File: pepe_angry.jpg (39 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
pepe_angry.jpg
39 KB, 900x900
>be kid me
>pack all kinds of board games and playing cards when we would go on vacation like camping and such
>always asking my parents to play with me
>they would NEVER want to play anything, I'd be lucky if I got one or two games going during the entire trip
>eventually just give up on them and stop bringing games with me on vacation

>years later, going through adolescence
>parents are somehow surprised that I don't ever want to do any shit with them and keep complaining and asking me to do shit with them

NO! FUCK YOU, YOU MASSIVE CUNTS! YOU NEVER WANTED TO DO SHIT WITH ME WHEN I WAS A KID BUT THEN YOU EXPECT ME TO WANT TO DO SHIT WITH YOU. FUCK. YOU.

FUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOUFUCKYOU
>>
>>25115431
I'm 18, going on 19...
>>
File: 1449528849382.png (845 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1449528849382.png
845 KB, 1920x1080
>>25115348
>people are still going to fall for this

sigh
>>
>>25115299
Yeah, normies hate losing. I destroyed everyone at chess when I was in school and then nobody wanted to play with me
>>
>>25115348
>9lbs
Fuck i loled, how am i supposed to judge you now?
>monopoly
Teach me how to play.
My companies Xmas party was yesterday and they gave every employee a new game of monopoly as a parting gift so now i have a brand new game i dont know how to play.
>>
>>25115258
>ever trusting anyone about anything
you brought this disappointment on yourself
>>
>>25115552
>>25115579
Nigger it was a typo, I'm about 95lbs.
>>
Boo hoo, sad story
White American beta story
>>
>>25115258
That's cute if you are a grill, little weird if boy
>>
>>25115628
i think you missed my post here, friendo >>25115552
>>
I think games are more for people in your age group, and really you have to join a board gaming group to find them. I enjoy mahjong but if I'm with my family and try to play a game I keep it simple, bones or cards. Most people don't understand the joy of winning, or facing a difficult opponent and learning from them. All they want to play is chickenfoot and spades now though since they said I"m too good and must be cheating at anything else. Admittedly I am pretty good at poker but I take offense to the notion of me cheating. I put a lot of work in to get this good. For a while I even did it for money when online gambling was a thing.

I'm ready for 3d printing to become a thing though. It's will be expensive but I"d love to have a couple sets of bones, mahjong, and maybe chess or go in interesting metals and finishes. Especially tungsten carbide, I really like heavy things. So many people seem to have a hard on for titanium but it's really not much stronger than steel and lots of shit if lightweight, like plastic or aluminum. Maybe some kind of carbon playing cards would be cool, but other than that I prefer heavy shit over light. At least 3d printing is cool, even if the average normie doesn't fully grasp just how amazing it is you can make things that are impossible even with cnc and milling or injection molding, or perfect crackless surfaces meaning both increased tensile strength and hardness. Sintering will revolutionize the world and all they can think about is le gun control and maybe the more creative ones thinking of making little 3d models. Fuck that, I"m printing a lamborghini body kit and turning my miata into a huracan. Or I would if I had one big enough that prints in aluminum or fiberglass. Shit is still too expensive, even for some low res shitty plastic only printer.
>>
>>25115628
Dont you nigger me.
Regardless i laughed.
>>
>>25115507
Hits too close to home, anon. Also:
>parents literally never actually listen to me
>while they talk like parrots about the most trivial shit and they get offended if they don't listen to them
>try less and less to talk to them
>give up eventually
>move out
>never talk to them (or anyone for that matter)
>they angrily call me asking why I don't call them or visit them
wew lad
>>
>>25115695
>if they
*if I
>>
>>25115507
i fucking hate people and parents like this, everyone is like this
>>
>>25115299

So you're that insufferable kid who takes the games way too seriously and ruins any sense of fun playing a board game should have.

Gosh it's really shocking nobody wants to play with you.
>>
I'll play with you OP :3
>>
>>25116069
No. I just win. Most games are simple strategy. And with a game like Apples to Apples, as an example, it's a matter of knowing the players.
>>
> be me, 14
> that one kid who never talks
> Have to make a board game for my science class
> make a game, so I can atleast get my mark
> spend time making it, imagining all the kids laughing and competing to win my game
> have it all ready in a little baggies, we set up at tables on due date
> I open my game and set out the pieces
> end up sitting alone in the front corner of the room
>>
File: 1449111846198.jpg (10 KB, 356x356) Image search: [Google]
1449111846198.jpg
10 KB, 356x356
>>25115258
Wow really fampai? For me it's the other way around. My family loves monopoly and shit but they always fuck the rules up and take forever to do shit I just wanna fuck around on my phone but they all call me a party pooper
>>
>>25115528
Holy fuck senpai, same height and near weight also turning 19 but on January.
>>
>>25118218
>it's the "fampai" guy again
>>
OP......your family hates you because they are normie assholes.
>>
File: 1444274312987.png (32 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
1444274312987.png
32 KB, 640x400
>>25115293
oh damn holy fuck
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.