[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Made a thread about this last night but wanted to follow up because
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: Tfw.png (490 KB, 1597x1905) Image search: [Google]
Tfw.png
490 KB, 1597x1905
Made a thread about this last night but wanted to follow up because my head is so lost
>be robot for almost all my life
>now senior in uni
>have good job prospects lined up after college
>robotic social skills have made sure my resume looks pretty solid
>Dad could get me a six figure job with a government contractor in my hometown
>Friends could get me a foot in the door at the Department of State
>Professor could get me a job as an English teacher in UAE with room/board provided by her cousin. Potential to work as a translator for the UAE government within a few years.
>Life is finally going good
>Keeping in touch with a Korean girl I met over the summer
>Was literally just a chance meeting in NYC where we swapped Kakotalks
>She messages me last night
>"don't go to the UAE. come to korea and live with me, i've always wanted to learn to cook for someone and i can help you find an English job here!"
>Really kind of like this girl
>We've been up almost 24/7 talking to each other since last night
>I'm telling her I'll consider it
>She's telling me she wants to be with me and how happy she is just talking to me.

I don't know what to do /r9k/. I have so many great career prospects, I don't want to be the weeb who throws them away for his glorious Asian waifu. But on the other hand I am still a robot in a lot of senses, never had a gf (other than her), still a virgin, etc. and this sounds so exciting to me.

Please talk sense into me.
>>
>>25113914
This is one of those decisions that will change your life for the rest of your life. No one but you can make that decision for you, but you've got to think long and hard about what you value and what you think you will value 5-10 years down the road. Is it carreer? Is it upward mobility? Is it a chance (emphasis on chance) at love?

Consider everything that each choice entails.
>>
>>25113914
she going to fuck wang long when you get a shit job in korea and start getting poor you will lose your american appeal
>>
>>25114040
Fuck man I'm not ready to graduate, I'm too autistic to handle this world because I'm really really struggling with this decision.
>>
>>25114070
Too bad. Time doesn't stop because you're or anyone else isn't ready. If it did we'd be frozen forever. You chose a career path and now you've reached the end. Maybe you didn't think it'd come this soon or maybe you thought at the time that it wouldn't be a big choice. Doesn't matter. This is the real life and in the real life you don't have all the answers or information yet still have to make a decision.

All I can say is no one will (legitimately) blame you for making a choice where the outcome was unseen or unforeseeable. That being said, don't let what seems nice now influence the rest of your life. You're not gonna want what you want now 10 or 20 years in the future. That's why I said weigh the decision against your values and principles. They're the cornerstone of who you are and are the most stable point of reference for these things.
>>
Same shit happened to me OP, kakotalk and everything, except she was taiwanese. Turns out she was kind of batshit insane. Dodged a bullet there. Anyways let's be honest bro, your pic is right. Making your son a happa is the worst thing you can do to him.
>>
>>25114242
this one seems so sweet though. how did she end up being insane?
>>
Honestly dude? Some girl isn't worth a 6 figure job. If you break up (which you probably wil) that'll be a regret that'll haunt your thoughts forever, do NOT do it.
>>
>>25114548

Overly attached (not in the cute way), mood would fluctuate a lot, obsessed with me to the point she just stopped contacting me only a few months ago when we broke up over 2 years ago, kind of a bitch, etc

All this only came out after a few months of knowing her so just be careful with women bro. Especially ones who get attached that fast. Not saying they're all like that, just dont ignore the red flags
>>
>>25114628
I mean she definitely does seem overly attached a bit. I told her she didn't have to message me today because we talked all day yesterday and she sent me a message anyways saying she "just had to tell me goodnight(:"

still i'm actually enjoying it for now, because the whole virgin thing
>>
>>25113914
there are other girls, all of these job opportunities are once in a life time remember that
>>
tough choice

i was a teacher in asia and it was great but I won't breed with an asian woman. then again i'm not a virgin robot
>>
>Giving up future prospects for pussy
>>
>>25113914
Are these jobs supposed to start ASAP? ask if you could take some time to travel and take 6 months to visit korea and see what it's like. Set everything up before you leave for both scenarios, where you return and get rich or you don't and people will understand.

Also: Make a pro-con list (destroy it and don't let anyone see it after you've made your mind), and try to see if she would consider moving to the states as well. This way you could give it a try, then claim to be homesick, return with qt3.14 gf and be rich in your homeland with embeded wisdom from the East.

captcha effective nedsFu
>>
>>25113914
>too many good job options
>ugh this clingy girl
>hmm where should i post about this
>yeah r9k seems like the place

You're as much of a robot as some random female tripfag from /soc/
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.