[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you feel smarter than other people? Do you think you are intellectually
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 3
File: temp101.jpg (49 KB, 608x608) Image search: [Google]
temp101.jpg
49 KB, 608x608
Do you feel smarter than other people? Do you think you are intellectually superior?

Just asking.
>>
>>25111934
it's not like i feel that way, from my perspective it is that way, and as many chanses i can give many other people, i'm always let down by the results.
>>
I am inferior in every possible way.

Whether I can or cannot improve is not important, because the competition is rough, the goal is inexistant and not worth it even if it did exist.

I just 'exist'
>>
>>25111983
it's easy recognizing those smarter than you though
>>
>>25111999
Are you a woman?

If not you're already superior in most aspects to a great part of the populance
>>
I've been told I'm gifted and my mom and therapist are surprised at my surface level understanding of philosophy and science, but I feel like I'm only normally intelligent.
>>
No I don't even if people tell me I'm smart I still never feel smart. How do you determine smart? There are people who may not know what I know but there are things they know that I don't as well so we're all on the same boat
>>
Well, I'm definitely smarter than average. But, I'm more methodological than most people and very persistent.
>>
>>25111934
I am so smart in fact I remembered to feed the robot without being muted this time

Damn im good
>>
I don't feel like I'm anything in particular, but tests suggest that I'm highly intelligent and other people frequently seem to be impressed.

Intelligence isn't a perception. If you feel like you're intelligent, well, maybe you're not.
>>
>>25111934
Nah I'm pretty damn average compared to my peers in university.

Back when I was little I used to think I was pretty smart though. Blame my parents.
>>
>>25111983
>chanses
Yeah you must be the fucking matrioshka brain.

Jeez what a bunch of idiots in this board
>>
Smarter in an autistic manner; it explains my atheism. Likewise I have lower emotional intelligence or empathy.
>>
I got into one of the top universities in the world and I was called "gifted" for the entirety of my youth.

But nothing makes a smart person feel stupid like putting them in a room full of smart people, so since getting into this university I've basically slacked and lazed away my time, playing video games in my dorm room instead of studying. My grades are average at absolute best and I don't really have any prospects for what I'm going to do after school. I would like to go to law school but with "average" grades it's going to be a challenge.

My greatest fear is that I really am smart but that I'll end up doing nothing with it. That I'll end up with a nothing job in retail or some other mundane work, that I'll continue to fail in every relationship I enter and I'll never find love, and that I'll never achieve anything with this "gifted" mind.

Yet even with that fear I continue to do nothing with my life. I guess that's what being an underachiever is.
>>
>>25112290
Everyone else feels the same way too, so don't worry about it. Intelligence isn't contingent on success or failure. Focus on effort, not perceived status. That's really all there is to it.
>>
No. Wittier, sometimes but I don't know my head from a hole in the ground. Intellect =\= Knowledge. Knowledge is more valuable, but I am capable of independent thinking and innovation. People are just a game to him, you know. He can provide but he is incapable of love, he maintains appearances but make no mistake he serves only himself. He is god socializing and seduction.. he manipulates intentionally. You bought his jig hook line and sinker. He will deny.. seriously, you are a game to him. Get out now.
>>
Intelligence is relative but I certainly seem to be in the upper quartile at my grad school. A lot of my peers complain about math problems being hard and get B's and I almost always get A's and I can retain a lot of information. But Pitt isn't that great of a school and I bet I would be a real dummy at Harvard.
>>
>>25112235
i don't get what frustrates you.
>>
I'm in STEM without too much trouble. Pretty sure not everyone can into STEM.

I think I'm also more empathetic if that counts for something.
>>
I'm probably just barely above the actual average.
But compared to somewhat educated people, I'm pretty much a retard.
>>
>>25112547
>Pretty sure not everyone can into STEM.
Well not stupid people, but that doesn't mean a lot. It's not worth bragging about until you finish your postdoc.
>>
>>25111934
I'm not Jeopardy smart, but I get 3.5/4.0 grades at school without having to study much. But when it comes to life, I'm a fucking idiot. I just can't figure that shit out.
>>
What does it mean to be "smart" anyway? Does it mean just being in the upper 50% of the population in terms of intelligence?
>>
>>25112711
I don't think it's anything remarkable unless you're Mensa material at least.

Anyway people are preoccupied too much with intelligence, like it's something to brag about in lieu of actual accomplishments. It doesn't count for shit if you just fap and play video games all day. You can spend your time working on shit, learning and getting better at things regardless of your intelligence.
>>
yeah of course I do
>>
Kinda. There are a lot of people that are really fucking dumb. I'm nothing special but there are a lot of intellectually inferior people.
>>
>>25113088
or you can be smart enough to not concern yourself with trying to impress normies
>>
I know I am

but I know they are happier in general and I would trade my intelligence for happiness in a heartbeat
>>
People tell me I'm clever all the time, but in a way as though they're surprised at the fact.

like "wow, you're actually quit clever".

Maybe I'm just normal but have the face of a moron.
>>
I made my company over $250,000 this year so yea I feel superior to most, including my co-workers. Do big things, get those fat checks.

Or have fun with your autismbux. I spend about $3,000/month, no idea how you cucks "live" on $1,000.
>>
>>25111934
I recognize that I know much more than the average person on certain topics and subjects. I also recognize that many people know much more than me on certain topics and subjects.

What we classically consider intelligence often doesn't always reflect the insight and critical thinking that many may possess.

Ultimately, knowledge is nothing if you don't apply it.
>>
>>25111934
Yes and yes. I was tested at 16 and have an overall IQ of 120 which puts above 90% of the people in the world and I scored in the 98th percentile on SATs without ever studying once in my life. I also have a high emotional/social intelligence and my linguistic intelligence scores are in the 99th percentile. It's pretty apparent to myself and most people that I'm intelligent just from conversing even though I'm not a pretentious tryhard faggot who spouts random facts or does math to try to impress people.

Still, I know that I'm still in the normal range, I'm not ingenious so I don't make a big deal out of it. It's pathetic to see people at my level who base their entire personality off of being the smart one. When someone smarter comes along or something comes along that they can't grasp it ends up killing them and they become mean spirited and try to shit on other people's intelligence to make them feel better about themselves.
>>
>>25113339
129 here
Pretty much described me perfectly m8
Yet I wonder. Reading your post
Am I really just a pretentious faggot?
>>
>>25111934
No I just feel really nice. Your all really nice people and I love you all
>>
>>25111934

According to my iq score, it should be yes to both. But I don't talk to people much, and I have mental illnesses, so sometimes I feel like my brain is inferior to average, normie brains.
>>
>>25111934
I used to be clever, top of the class in maths and science when I was little. From what I remember I seemed to have a passion for it. Going to a high school for special needs made me less of a tard but they didn't really push me so I spent my time putting in a half-decent effort and the rest messing around. I got good enough grades. Now I don't feel so smart. Pissed away my further education studying something I don't really care about anymore. I've forgotten most of that too. Brain fog is real. Soon as I was cut loose from education, bang. Gone.

I don't think I'll ever grasp STEM stuff but I'm smart enough to keep up with the friends I have so it'll do for now.
>>
>>25111934
Hell no, I'm dumber than a rock
>>
>>25111934
Every one on the planet thinks they have above average intelligence yet only a few do. I don't consider myself intelligent but I do consider the average person to be a complete and utter retard.
>>
I know I"m smarter than other people. Most people even. Op, did you know 50% of people have an IQ below 100?

Things I pick up intuitively lesser beings struggle with for months. I'm not just intellectually superior though. I'm also more attractive too. My social skills could be better, but there's little incentive when everyone is so much uglier and stupider than me.

No thanks, normies, I'll stick to my chinese girl cartoons where everything is just how it should be.
>>
Generally I consider everyone I meet to be better than me at everything. Even when I find out I'm smarter than someone I still consider them better than me
>>
>>25113088

Is that what retards tell themselves so they can sleep at night? Cute.
>>
>>25113298

You must be pretty stupid if you spend that much each month, or make that much for your jew boss each month. Why not make that much for yourself?
>>
>>25114400

Lel, it's pretty easy to tell when you are smarter or stupider than most people. Exactly half of all people +/-1 are above average intelligence due to the nature of averages. That's a good bit more than only a few. I guess we know which side of the curve you fall now.
>>
If i was smart i would not be here
>>
>>25115233

Because smart people are known for hitting up clubs and fucking lots of women right?
>>
My IQ is 144 so I'm ridiculously smart compared to most people. I really am an arrogant edgelord about it, too. It's all I have after a lifetime of being a weird aspie who couldn't relate to people in a normal way: I cling to that feeling of superiority in lieu of the acceptance and connection that I really wanted.
>>
>tfw you feel significantly less intelligent than a few years ago

Maybe it's all the drugs and alcohol
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.