[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Star Wars 7 was fucking hilarious It was a good movie but every
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 9
File: 360-1.png (136 KB, 360x360) Image search: [Google]
360-1.png
136 KB, 360x360
Star Wars 7 was fucking hilarious

It was a good movie but every time that beta faggot Kylo Ren came onscreen I was dying. What a little bitch

Overall>>>>the prequels aka lets normalfag star wars as much as possible and not have any unique ideas at all

7/10
>>
>>25111350
I actually liked Kylo.

>obviously not completely evil
>punches his own wound to harness the pain and convert it into dark side power
>kills his own father, reluctantly
>is genuinely intimidating

How is that not cool?
>>
>>25111350
You'd think there be a decent stolen quality rip easily accessible on the internet by now.

Fucking dinosaurs nowadays in the industry have no clue how content gets around outside a marketing viewpoint.
>>
>>25111480
>>is genuinely intimidating
only part I disagree with, really
He was intimidating at first but with all those hissy fits and the fact that he almost got killed by a girl who has barely touched a saber in her life... yeah
>>
File: 1342027447001.png (31 KB, 344x326) Image search: [Google]
1342027447001.png
31 KB, 344x326
>>25111350
>you will never be the bb-8 cuckball that gets to watch all the interracial fuckings
>>
>>25111946
go to a theater bitch
>>
>>25111480
>punches his own wound to harness the pain and convert it into dark side power
That's what he was doing? I feel like a retard not catching on to it.
>>
>>25112216
>and the fact that he almost got killed by a girl who has barely touched a saber in her life
I think the point of that was to show how strong the force is in her, and to highlight that his training up to now has not been complete. Hence the line about him having his training completed toward the end.
>>
>>25111350
>every time that beta faggot Kylo Ren came onscreen I was dying
Are you Han Solo?
>>
>>25113271
ayy lmao

nice one
>>
>>25111350
Honestly at this point I see any future movies as having no bearing to the Star Wars arc as we know it. Do we really need to know what happened to Han Solo after Return of the Jedi? Does it really matter?

Look at it this way: We can find out what happens to Jesse after the end of Breaking Bad, but it doesn't change what happens in the show. It'd be nice and maybe offer some closure, it may even be entertaining, but it's not begging the question or leaving any loose strings. If we consider the characters as persisting in their respective universe, of course something exciting or comedic or tragic will eventually happen to them, but in the context of the existing media, it's irrelevant.
>>
>>25111350
Worst villian, ever
>gets beaten by a WOMEN without prior training
>almost gets beaten by a NIGGER without prior training
>shows his face all the time
>only thing he beat up was a computer screen when he had a sperg rage
Biggest faggot ever in an already horrible movie
>>
>>25111350
>Calls Kylo Ren a beta faggot
>Is on /r9k/
Hmmm
>>
Kylo reminds me of those white kids that join isis except he joined the first order

But the movie was shit overall
>kylo ren trains from birth to use the force and lightsabers
>is one of the most powerful force users in the galaxy, holding blaster shots and throwing people around as if it was nothing
Then
>comes up to a lightsaber battle with a peasent girl who barely even knows what the force is and has never even seen a lightsaber in her life before
>she fucks him up no problem
>he takes it instead of force blasting the shit out of her like he did 5 minutes prior
>>
>>25111350
Dude was literally /r9k/: The character
>>
Didn't people laugh at vader too?
They had introduce another villain because he was such a goofy bastard.
>>
>>25111350

Han Solo is killed by Kylo Ren. Kylo Ren is his son.
>>
>>25114974
He is such a Vader fanboy that he got shit on exactly like Vader
Also Sith are retarded as usual
>>
>>25112216
I liked his hissy fits. You knew from the start (before the spoilers) that he was going to be a weaker version of Vader.
>>
>>25114022
The negro was a member of the First Order since birth. I know that the movie does a terrible job of portraying this, but he was also trained on physical combat and not just BLASTERS.

Which is why fucking Rey winning makes me so mad. Like holy shit. Deus ex machina the character.
>>
This movie is literally the original trilogy compressed into one movie.The whole thing felt like a huge rehash.
>>
>>25111350
I like that they set Ren up as basically a beta bitch weakling, and left it with the snokes or spones or whatever dude talking about training him more, because the film shows that he's strong, force-wise, but considering the fact that a janitor stormtrooper nigger completely not Force sensitive managed to get a couple of licks on him and generally hold his own against him, a supposed Sith lord, in a fucking lightsaber fight, we learn he's just Force powerful but doesn't really know what the fuck he's doing. This gives the character plenty of room to develop, over the next couple of movies.
Next movie will probably basically be half Luke training Rei and half Snopes training Kylo Ren, and then they'll face again in the final movie.
>>
>>25114140
He didn't train from birth, they sent him off at some point. Probably another case of padawan starting too late, a la Anakin. I mean, they are related, that's why he wants to blow him so bad.
The movie's called the Force fucking AWAKENS, anon, it's a clear allusion to the real balancer of the Force long prophesied, who is clearly the bitch. That's why she out-Forced a fucking Sith, her first day on the job as a Jedi, without having had any prior Jedi training. It's all leading up to her training arc, and she's this strong now, she's going to fuck shit up after Luke trains her.
I don't give a fuck what you contrarian fucks try to say, this movie was great, really brought back the spirit of the original trilogy and I'm stoked to see what happens next.
>>
>>25115544
really brought back the series by rehashing the story right?
>>
>>25112216
I liked him destroying stuff with his saber. Better than the times Vader got angry his guys, yelling and force chokes over Skype.
I can forgive what happened against Rey. She did know how to fight, at least. Plus, he just got shot by Chewbacca and hit with a lightsaber. Also, he was probably off his game after just killing his dad.
>>
>>25115624
>I have no idea what "homage" means: the post
Start talking shit when you have the slightest clue how to criticize film, pleb.
>>
>>25115727
>reusing the exact same plot
>but it's not because the writers are lazy and uncreative
>it's just a "homage" so it's okay
>>
>>25115727
>pay homage to a series by rehashing the entire story and just adding new characters
>>
>>25115544
What does "bringing balance to the force" even mean?
>>
>>25115773
>>25115786
the more you spout "muh rehash" the more you show you have no idea what you're talking about
In fact, I'm starting to wonder if you've even seen the films that you're asserting are being "rehashed".
>>25115807
We're going to find out.
>>
>>25115807
Means making the number of Jedi equal to the number of Sith
Anakin brought balance by killing a shitload of Jedi.
>>
>>25115847
>I'm starting to wonder if you've even seen the films
No, I've never watched any of them. Doesn't make it any less gay and unoriginal.
>>
>>25115847
Because we are saying rehash in the literal sense of the word because thats what the movie is. Yet you keep claiming its a buzzword yet refuse to state why
>>
>>25115544
>real balancer being Rey
By contradicting everything in Star Wars, right? Disney destroyed the EU. Being the Chosen One still doesn't make sense with destroying Kylo with minimum training as a jedi.
7 is fucking garbage. Get over it.
>>
>>25115866
>I've never watched any of them
Yeah, I know.
>>
File: image.jpg (146 KB, 703x800) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
146 KB, 703x800
>bling thundercunt Stormtrooper does literally nothing
>rehashed plot
>shitty space and lightsaber battles
Blunder of the year
>>
>>25115807
It was to bring stability to the Force after the Sith, mainly Sidious, tainted it. The Chosen One was originally Anakin who failed to do so tainting the Force even more.
>>
>>25115905
>Disney destroyed the EU
We're getting a whole new EU out of it. I'm as mad as you are, that Thrawn and the Yuzhan Vong is suddenly not canon but the new canon is just as good and you're dumb if you think otherwise. I went in WANTING to hate it and I thought it was great.
>>
>>25115909
And it's obvious that you've never read anything about Star Wars.
>>
>>25115927
Dude, what? The force was almost entirely light side. Anakin came in and cleared out the Jedi leaving a more balanced number of dark and light side users; thus balancing the force.
>>
What happens if you look at the force as nothing more than a tool and don't really "submerge" yourself in it?
>>
>>25115952
This is getting tiresome.
You can go ahead on and keep pretending like you know anything about either Star Wars, or film in general, I'm going to bed now, confident I soundly trumped you and you're just being a dumb lil faggot now because you lost an internet argument.
>>
>>25115991
Kyle Katarn?
>>
>>25115949
>Luke not reestablishing the Jedi Order despite being entrusted by Yoda, Obi-Wan, and his father
>Theorizing that Rey is the new Chosen One and not Luke anymore even though he was
>Kylo obsessing over Vader and not motherfucking Sidious, the greatest Sith of all time
>Finn doing nothing
>Rey doing nothing
>Luke doing nothing
>Han doing nothing
Don't act like it was a good installment.
>>
>>25115991
Then you are a non-edgy Sith
>>
>>25115987
That's not how it works rofl. Balancing the force did not mean balancing out their numbers. You're clearly just trolling now.
>>
>>25115991
Then you become like Maul. Powerful duelist but awful at the force.
>>
>>25116052
How does making the force completely light bring balance? That's like calling sodium hydroxide pH neutral.
>>
>>25116073
How many times did Maul get killed before he stayed dead?
>>
>>25116089
The Dark Side is corrupting the force. Balance is neutrality where nothing is corrupted. Seriously, read about Star Wars so you'll understand how bad 7 is.
>>
>>25116030
That was explained like 20 minutes into the movie, Luke tried and his first student went Sith on him and he bailed. Order will be re-established by Rey.
Luke obviously wasn't the chosen one, not in this new canon. Just accept that the old canon is wiped, and that we're going from here.
Finn was portrayed, from the get-go, as bumbling, and managed to fight his way into awoling off a star destroyer, off of Jakku, fought a bunch of storm troopers and got some licks in against a Sith.
Han helped blow up a planet.
You didn't even watch this movie; I base this assertion on how wrong you are about literally everything you said.
>>
>>25116093
What does that have to do with his talent as a duelist? He fought against characters stronger than him, but that doesn't undermine how strong he was. Sidious personally trained him and Sidious is still the most powerful Sith, both as a duelist and a force user.
>>
>>25116123
Do they ever say "anyone who starts force training late can't be the chosen one", because that could be a reasonable justification.
>>
>>25116123
Did you even think of or read what you said? Goddamn. The first four sentences don't even make sense with what was established in the original trilogy.
>>
So, did anyone else think that this was basically a copy-paste of A New Hope?

>introduced to a droid carrying important information for a member of a rebel faction
>rebel gets caught by the big bad guy but droid escapes
>delivers information to an unlikely peasant on a sand planet who just happens to be in tune with the force but doesn't know it
>has some reason not to leave the planet that becomes less relevant quickly
>they have to meet the resistance and destroy a big ship that can blow up planets
>one of the main characters is killed by the big bad guy
>ending leads to us knowing that the protagonist will continue to learn to force to fight the big bad guy

I honestly thought this was more of a remake than anything.
>>
>>25116150
The Chosen One is a very special title. Not everyone can just be called the Chosen One by being a Jedi, especially when Luke should have already brought balance by defeating the biggest corruption to the force.
>>
>>25113245
I think the point was more that he had not fought any jedi in a long time because he and luke were supposed to be the last lightsaber wielders in the galaxy
>>
>>25116150
Yoda about pissed his pants when Qui Gon brought Anakin in, and Anakin was only 10. He really didn't like the idea of training Luke, at first, either, considering the dude was like 20. If 10's too old to be a padawan, 20 definitely is too old.
>>
>>25116161
It is.
Nostalgia is the only good factor of this movie and it doesn't count.
>>
>>25116192
How Luke will train Rey when he was trained at 20 and failed at the Jedi order thing?
Unless Rey is force Jesus she would be really shitty
>>
>>25116089
Theres enough problems in the galaxy without emo sith im guessing. So wiping them out is like balancing the budget
>>
>>25116227
Don't forget it's hollywood and grrl power feminist bullshit meaning she can do anything they can and better because she's a woman
>>
>>25116192
Have they ever clearly stated the issues with starting force training late? Maybe starting at 10 makes them liable to fall later in life, but starting at 20 only makes their power much weaker than it could have been.
>>
>>25116189

I thought it was mostly how he was actually pretty weak. He'll never live up to Vader.

He isn't all in on the Dark Side even though he wants to be. He can't commit to it
>>
>>25116260
The same applies to Vader; he couldn't full commit and his fake body made it even worse.
>>
>>25116260
He is powerful with the force but he sucks with the lightsaber
If he was truly good we would had slashed the gorilla in seconds
>>
>>25116249

Attn: mongoloids arguing power levels in this thread

THIS is the real reason why Rey is "The Chosen One" and will almost certainly become "the greatest Jedi EVER, a million billion times better than Luke" in future films

Realize that Episode 7 is essentially Star Wars: The Social Justice Edition, thus why the two central characters in the movie are a nigger and a woman

New canon is nothing but politically correct pandering. It's pure garbage and will never be as good as the already existent EU that includes the Old Republic, Thrawn, etc
>>
>>25116375
I just watched this one for the new X-Wings but it failed to deliver even that.
I will pirate the sequels desu baka senpai
>>
>>25113271
HAHA
I KNEW Han Solo died in this one. I'm right, aren't I?
>>
star trek shills please go
>>
File: image.jpg (79 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
79 KB, 633x758
>>25115544
>muh women power
I want tumblr to gtfo
>>
File: 1450257566763.jpg (301 KB, 699x1211) Image search: [Google]
1450257566763.jpg
301 KB, 699x1211
>>25115847
i-it's not a recycled plot guys I swear!

go back to reddit, man
>>
>>25115657
I honestly found it amusing every time they said they would go apologize and expected to leave. Idk if it is just me but watching them die like that was funny.
>>
>>25111350

What is so great about Star Wars honestly?

Why is it the "nerdy but trendy" thing to like?

No offense to you if you actually like the series, but it seems like all of these people on my facebook feed suddenly became Star Wars nuts ("like omg a new Star Wars movie?!?!?! I'm such a Star Wars nerd!"). Maybe it's because it was so heavily advertised?

I feel like the series is overrated as hell.

Then again I think Alien, The Terminator and Blade Runner are some of the greatest sci-fi films of all time so maybe I just have different tastes.
>>
File: Back in the day.jpg (108 KB, 634x434) Image search: [Google]
Back in the day.jpg
108 KB, 634x434
>>25116673

Your "friends on facebook" don't particularly like the series, they just view it as yet another "big social event" they can be a part of, similar to ULTRA music festival and such

Star Wars as a series has always been like that, even since the original trilogy

Do you think all the people in pic related were huge Star Wars nerds obsessed with the mythos, canon, etc of the series?
>>
>>25116673
>The original trilogy was a smash hit in the theatres and was at one time the highest grossing movie of all time and captured the minds of a generation. After the initial hype died down only a small group of hardcore fans remained through the 80s and 90s who were the main consumers of Star Wars material. After the second trilogy came out around the late 90s and early 2000s it caught the attention of the people who originally loved it, now with children, and brought a new generation into Star Wars through their parents. Lucas proceeded to saturate everything he could with Star Wars, thereby gaining a foothold in the public eye.

When being nerdy became a "cool" thing, we saw the popularity of new films and television shows based on old sci fi, such as the new star trek movies and Doctor Who, which shifted the demographic from older fans to a new generation.

Now that the new movies came out, people want to be a part of the counter culture (now so mainstream that it's being produced by Disney Corporation) and proceed to act like they gave a shit when in reality they're jumping on the nostalgia/counterculture wagon which was promulgated by the generation that saw the second trilogy in the theatres (now many of which are in their late 20s early 30s)

Hope this explains it.
>>
>very rushed story
>no character development
>a shitload of references to the original trilogy to the point where it just got annoying as fuck

On top of that, people in the theater kept clapping throughout the movie. I fucking hate this country.
>>
>>25114029
Yeah it's pretty ironic. He was a decent character, just conflicted which is to be assumed as he is struggling to defer to the dark side.
>>
File: 1440556342261.jpg (185 KB, 933x662) Image search: [Google]
1440556342261.jpg
185 KB, 933x662
>>25111350
Did anyone else like the nigger more than the mary sue MC that we were supposed to care about?
>>
>>25116227
What if the force gets stronger each generation in Luke's family? Plausible idea
>>
Kylo Ren is literally me
>>
>>25117038

I thought the sweaty negro was pretty great.
>>
File: 1450590505155.jpg (37 KB, 500x513) Image search: [Google]
1450590505155.jpg
37 KB, 500x513
>tfw daddy took away the tendies again

I'LL SHOW HIM, I'LL SHOOT UP EVERYONE AT JEDI SCHOOL AND JOIN THE KNIGHTS OF REEE
>>
File: 1449039778766.jpg (50 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
1449039778766.jpg
50 KB, 600x400
Thought he was badass and intimidating until he took his mask off. The whole theater was laughing their asses off
>>
>>25118335
I'm surprised no-one else was laughing at the screening I went to. I had to give it my all not to snicker when he revealed his face.
Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.