[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>brother is breaking up with his girlfriend on good terms
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5
File: 1424654489323.png (19 KB, 509x411) Image search: [Google]
1424654489323.png
19 KB, 509x411
>brother is breaking up with his girlfriend on good terms
>he will be living in the nearby city so he can see his daughter every day
>invited me to live with him for a few months
>said yes

Any of you guys in that position before? It's going to be tough as fuck dealing with the breakup and I want to be there with him. It's just that when he gets angry, he gets a little verbally abusive, he doesnt even realise he's doing it. What stuff should I establish with him before I move in? I'm dealing with mental health stuff at the moment too. I don't want us to just end up hating each other by the end of it.
>>
>girlfriend
>daughter

AHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>25110701
Welcome to the real world, faggot. Those are two things you'll never have anyway.
>>
>comes here asking for advice about a normie problem from robots
>proceeds to insult a robot
just get out
>>
>>25110908
It is a normie problem but I'm way out of my depth here sempai.
>>
>>25110834
I have a girlfriend, actually. But damn how did your brother fuck up so bad and get her pregnant? It's not that hard to prevent.
>>
>>25111219
He didn't fuck up. His girlfriend is a few years older, and the child was no accident. They have a wedding planned for this spring that was only called off this evening, that's how sudden this is. I kind of hope they still get back together, but at the same time I don't want them to be stuck in loveless marriage.
>>
>>25111347
Hey guy, your brother is a stupid shitbag and you probably are too. That kid is going to be the product of a broken home because your brother and his girlfriend couldn't get their shit together. This is the cancer killing western society.
>>
>>25111403
Nope, shes wonderful and their breakup is for the best for all three of them. I don't really care much what some bitter robot thinks about me or my family.
>>
>>25111523
Your family is kanker, and your life is real-world shitposting. Remember that is twenty years when she grows up to be a raging slut with daddy issues.
>>
>>25111663
It could be worse, she could be a sexual frustrated genetic cul de sac screaming at people on /r9k/ for leading different lives than them :^)
>>
>>25110664
sorry OP kun that sucks

have you ever talked to him about he can be verbally abusive when hes angry? probably you should just try talking to him about it before you move in so that if he gets mad when you bring it up you can not be stuck with him
>>
File: image.jpg (16 KB, 248x250) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
16 KB, 248x250
Don't talk to him unless he talks to you first. Hi! Is ok though.

Clean up around the house especially if it your mess.

Do the dishes!

Replace the water in the pitcher if you've finished it all and put it back in the fridge.

If you buy fast food get him something too like a couple tacos and a chicken sandwich.

Respect his private time and especially his schedule.

Don't invite people to the house without asking him first.

Don't invite people that are loud and unruly.

Be quiet and don't blast your stereo or vidyas.

Always let him know your proud to be his brother and that you actually care about him.

Oh and make sure to lock up and turn off all the lights before you leave the house when you are alone.

Trust me that should solve it all.
>>
>>25111754
I haven't talked to him about it but its definitely something that I need to shut down before we move in together. He said his (now ex) girlfriend pointed it out to him sometimes and he's improved on it, but it still comes out sometimes. He's a good guy, he just doesn't realise when he's hurting people sometimes.
>>
>>25111820
Thanks man, really appreciate this.
>>
>>25111820
I don't understand the first one though, why shouldn't I talk to him first?
>>
File: image.jpg (38 KB, 350x338) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
38 KB, 350x338
>>25111997

Cuz he may be agitated waiting to start something.. Not just with you, anyone, don't rock the boat...
>>
>>25112201
I get where you're coming from but I think Id rather we cut that verbally abusive shit at its root rather than let it linger and work around it.
>>
File: image.jpg (62 KB, 699x650) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
62 KB, 699x650
>>25112269

He may be having a bad day, i do agree the verbal abuse would suck, hence the recommendations to alleviate possible points of conflict. If the place is clean and quiet he'll a have no choice but to decide im gonna be a dick or I'm gonna be civil.

I'd discuss with him over a beer or two just wtf is the issue when he gets like that, also state your intentions before you move in and hold to them. In the end you cant control him or his emotions but you can even the playing field by making sure your living quarters are in order. Don't get me wrong he need to contribute to the sanity of your new place too and you have the right to flip the script on him if he isn't respecting your space or your schedule etc...
>>
>>25112366
I was thinking about writing out a list of things that we need to get in order first, but maybe that's just too heavy handed and he'll turn against it. Thanks for your help man, you're a good guy.
>>
File: image.jpg (67 KB, 800x581) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
67 KB, 800x581
>>25112487

Thanks, wow you just made me feel.

Remember he's your brother so you probably already know what pushes his buttons. You'll also be his roommate (and vice versa) and that's a different type of relationship that he knows requires give and take. So don't worry about offending him when or if you talk the moving in together business. Good luck, you don't seem like a bad person either, and I hope your brother will work out his issues as well.

/r9k/ robots helping robots, the way it should work.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.