[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how do fat ppl get fat tho? i never have ben fat but i eat a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 9
File: obesity.jpg (43 KB, 500x374) Image search: [Google]
obesity.jpg
43 KB, 500x374
how do fat ppl get fat tho? i never have ben fat but i eat a whole lotta junk food and i do not leave my room or my bed tbqhwufam and i just rlly dont get it
>>
File: image.jpg (96 KB, 1075x757) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
96 KB, 1075x757
>>25104932
Same senpai, I don't think I could get fat even if I tried. I guess fatties just don't have any self control whatsoever. Alls you gotta do to not be fat is only eat two meals a day instead of three.
>>
File: 1409705724537.jpg (20 KB, 361x330) Image search: [Google]
1409705724537.jpg
20 KB, 361x330
alcohol contributed to it a lot for me
>>
>>25104932
Bad parenting mostly.
I was taught terrible eating habits from such a young age that I was obese at 10 and probably earlier than that.
Also, some people eat way too many bready or sweet things, which are very calorie dense and gulp down sugary drinks like they're nothing.
>>
>>25105032
i dont think u understood me i eat like 4.5 meals a day and eat small shit all day
>>
>>25105074
Yea but I was just saying that if you were fat that losing the weight would be piss easy and not as big a deal as fat people make it out to be.
>>
Poor nutritional education paired with environmental factors. (Shitty, abusive childhood, being constantly molested, that sort of shit) Developed countries tend to have the greatest access to junk foods, so that isn't helping the situation any.

It's surprising how little the average person knows about nutrition. Like, there are people who think eating fats will make you fat. Meanwhile, they're inhaling thousands of carbs a day, mostly from refined sugars. I think if public schools touched down on some basic nutritional info, people may be more likely to start reading nutritional labels instead of just grabbing boxes of Cheez-Its off the shelf.
>>
>>25104932

Your "whole lotta" is different from my "whole lotta"

You think you eat a lot but if you're not gaining weight you're actually not.
>>
File: 1448644512870.jpg (64 KB, 579x506) Image search: [Google]
1448644512870.jpg
64 KB, 579x506
When you order junk food, you order a one person meal and don't eat more home made meals afterwards
these people continue eating, and never stop eating, and eat things portioned for entire families
These people line up post-dinner food before they've even finished. They're like elephants but for cake and grease
>>
Some reasons why people get fat instead of le calories:

>Not eating clean. The majority of peoples' bodies get fucked up from processed food and sweeteners. If you don't detox while trying to lose weight you're going against the grain.
>Alcohol. This is a given. You can't drink and be healthy, just pick one. The alcohol washes away the vitamins and is basically as bad as consuming too much sugar, but also that sugar is poisoning your liver and causing it to develop protective fat to compensate.
>Exercising wrong. To lose weight you only need to build up enough muscle to do cardio comfortably. You aren't "bearmode" when you are fat and try to build muscle upon the fat, you're just even more gross because you suck at being vain.
>>
>>25105186
>I think if public schools touched down on some basic nutritional info, people may be more likely to start reading nutritional labels instead of just grabbing boxes of Cheez-Its off the shelf.

Public schools are cheap as shit and they will spend months deliberating on whether or not they should stop making money off of kids' junk food addictions and provide them with 2 tbsp of iceberg lettuce instead that will get thrown away.
>>
>>25105303
eating clean is a certified meme though

if you counted calories at mcdonalds you would lose weight.
>>
>>25105047

Me too. Since I turned 21 I've gained like 40 pounds and the only change in my diet is alcohol.

>tfw want to drink but see a shot of smirnoff is like 300 cal
>>
>>25105061
It's not just the habits. Being raised on boxed meals, frozen dinners, instant food etc., usually paired with medications will fuck your shit up before you're old enough to dress yourself. These kids today have cholesterol problems in 5th grade.
>>
>>25105411
Some people would. But there is an obesity epidemic in places like South America where they went from papayas and fish for centuries to McDonald's for the last like, 40.
>>
>>25105186
>if public schools touched down on some basic nutritional info

They also got rid of some gym classes in favor for more STEM, even though grades are still going down, while adolescent obesity is skyrocketing (Still).
>>
my mum is anorexic and fed me way too much because she was scared about me being too thin. then i got fat and bullied for it, ate my feelings (dat comfy full feeling)

jokes on her, i developed an eating disorder because i hated being overweight so much
>>
Fat people eat drive-through fast food nearly every day because they're too lazy to even cook, much less walk outside with their own two legs. They always pick the largest size available of any food product, even though they know medium-sized is enough, and they only ever drink sugared soda because water and the diet alternatives "taste bad". Then they complain about their genes and how they can't lose any weight, despite not even trying to.

At 50 they get diabetes, which motivates them to somewhat change their lifestyle and eat less sugar, but in most cases they keep at it until they lose a leg or two, and die an early death at 55-60.

If you don't want to become fat, look at fat people's eating habits and lifestyles, and do the exact opposite of what they're doing.
>>
>>25105411

>Eat Mcdonalds instead of eating healthy

Go away, Ronald
>>
File: 1429090631941.jpg (49 KB, 353x234) Image search: [Google]
1429090631941.jpg
49 KB, 353x234
>>25105502
i dont advocate it, but if one wanted to keep eating mcdonalds and lose weight, they definitely could. theyd just have to eat less of it
>>
>>25105498

Diet sodas are just as bad, if not worse, for your health than their normal alternatives.
>>
>>25105477
Gym class is shit as it is. Health and gym should not be separate things because health should not mean safe sex and CPR and fuck else. Gym shouldn't be "Okay let's get all the kids that aren't fatfucks who sit around playing gameboy, and have them play dodgeball on a good day, and act like it's disabled boot camp every other day of the week"
>>
>>25105532
Not for your weight. Being severly obese is far more harmful than drinking diet soda.
>>
>>25105561
If you aren't obese because diet soda is part of your daily routine, you probably have nothing to worry about. But to say other people, who are prediabetic or already have diabetes, have diet soda as an option is just bull.
>>
>>25105186
Public schools would only keep pushing that falsified hypothesis. Why do you think Michelle Obama's lunch program puts strict limits on fat and calories? They are part of the problem.
>>
File: sandiego.jpg (20 KB, 236x314) Image search: [Google]
sandiego.jpg
20 KB, 236x314
>>25105520
Why not just make your own McMeme thread?
>>
I got fat because of a poor childhood in many aspects.

1) my parents would force me to eat huge portions that a small child shouldn't be able to finish, causing me to have an "eating disorder" i guess where i eat whatever i'm given, not matter how much it is, in fear of being scolded.
2) depression eating.
3) still being poor and not having access to decent food, now only eating once maybe every 3-4 days. i don't binge eat in the 3-4 day meal, its a regular sized meal paired with a lot of water.
4) i have no method of going to a gym (no car, job, money), and my neighborhood is shady as fuck so I don't wanna get mugged if I walk in it.

i'll lose the weight eventually, just i'm "unable" to right now. my living situation is shit.

even if i only eat every 3-4 days and don't eat that much when i do, i haven't lost nor gained any weight. these are just my factors. it varies from person to person, i guess.
>>
>>25105599
Regular soda is much, much worse if you're overweight and have diabetes. Of couse, water is infinitely better
>>
>>25105498
I am fat and a good cook. I just drink a lot. The predisposition toward alcoholism and beetus is genetic. The fact that I have been eating processed meat and cheese and juice along with alcohol is my own fault though. I've been fucking around and I kinda just eat whatever is already in the fridge anyway but I am gonna at least focus on a more vegetarian diet so I can force myself to cook more adventurous things. I can't be bored with my food but I am skilled enough to make something less shitty most of the time.
>>
>>25105561

When you consume sugar that triggers your body into "fat storing" mode.

Sodas (Diet and regular) have sugar in them, it's just Diet sodas have fake sugar which still trigger "fat store" but your body doesn't know what to do with the fake sugar because it's a completely unnatural chemical.
>>
>>25105693
Regular soda isn't really worth drinking even if you are a lanklet. It sucks the calcium from your bones and is the absolute worst for your teeth. Diet soda is only okay if you don't even need to diet, otherwise no fucking soda.
>>
>>25105701
Alcoholism is a behavior, and beetus is the result of diet. Going vegetarian would be counterproductive. Just get less processed meat.
>>
>>25104932
Genetics baka, they where born to be meatshields, left to die/be canibalized in times of need, fat people are the scape goat in older civilizations.
>>
>>25105672
>depression eating.

nice meme, genetictrash-sam
>>
>>25105812
It's not just for health reasons that I would be cutting out meat. Or because I like animals, which I happen to. Animal agriculture is fucking our shit up big time.
>>
>>25105864
I depression ate when my parents divorced when I was younger and bounced back and forth between them almost every other month. I couldn't keep friends (i still don't have any to this day) and it made me eat, because it's the only thing that made me happy. That was when I gained most of my weight, i was 10-12.
>>
>>25105303

>Toxins
>Alcohol washes away the vitamins

Nigga you stupid
>>
>>25105812
>>25105890
Also being as much of an alcoholic as me can trigger beetus.
>>
>>25105711
Artificial sweeternes are so much sweeter than sucrose that they only have to add a tiny bit to achieve the same level of sweetnes. That's why there are only like 4 calories in a 2L bottle of Diet Cola. There's no energy that can be stored by the body, so your bullshit about 'fat storage' makes no sense. It's impossible to get fat by ONLY drinking diet soda. It doesn't raise your blood sugar either, which is the primary concern for diabetic people.

>>25105724
Never said drinking soda of any kind is good or worth it.
>>
>>25105926
>>Alcohol washes away the vitamins
Whether or not it physically rinses your body of vitamins or keeps them from absorbing them, it's still affecting how your body processes food. So you can eat healthy and drinking will undo all your hard work not only by adding empty calories, but the healthy food you do eat hasn't done shit.

And why the fuck are there even people who advocate for eating chemicals? Really, where were you grown?
>>
>>25104932
You probably just have a good metabolism, I'm the same way.
>>
simple
food is a drug
more fat = more flavor
more flavor = more neural impulses
more neural impulses = feeling better overall
it starts off early, when brain is sensitive to such an amount of impulses
people start eating impulsively
from that point on, it's a domino effect
people start eating more because they're depressed
shit is quite simple
>>
>>25105897
Depression eating
God fucking dammit stop this meme
How the hell do you just keep eating? if i eat too much my belly hurts and i feel nausiating

look subhumans, it's not even about the mcmerrica you eat, its about you genetics
>>
>>25105693
>>25105724
I need to lose about a hundred pounds to be happy with myself, and have been trying to do so by buying cases of diet soda and drinking fuck loads of it daily to counter the cravings.
As well as drinking three cups of coffee throughout the day.
I'm retarded pls help
>>
>>25106018
Do it for science
>>
>>25106013
This

One way to help the cravings is to do actual drugs.
>>
>>25106018
Post weekly updates on /fit/
>>
>>25106016
Why is it the skinny genes always get wasted on memester faggots?
>>
File: image.jpg (37 KB, 476x517) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37 KB, 476x517
>>25106018
It's simple, just buy a ton of nutritional drinks like breakfast essentials or something and just drink that and only eat 1000 calories a day. Also drink shitloads of water.
>>
>>25106016
It's not about shit genetics, if you eat more calories than you can burn you'll gain weight, it doesn't matter how good your genetics are.
>>
i gained weight because of the car accident i was in. i'''m in a wheelchair i use to lift weights but i have a gut
>>
>>25104932
Its about the amount of calories to intake. You probably thinking your not getting fat by eating junk food but you are clearly not eating enough to gain wait. They have done studies on the whole "oh I eat anything and never get fat der hur" but it in all cases it turned out those people where not eating enough to make any impact to their weight.
>>
>>25105988

>And why the fuck are there even people who advocate for eating chemicals?

Literally all food is "chemicals".
>>
>be sad
>food makes you happy
>have nothing else that can make you happy
>eat food to be happy
>get fat
>>
File: jaden.jpg (34 KB, 563x578) Image search: [Google]
jaden.jpg
34 KB, 563x578
>>25106513
Our bodies are equipped to process certain ones, not aspartame, msg and fucktons of trans fats.
>>
>>25106054
>>25106081
I've done this in the past for about a month and I lost 25 lbs during that month.
When I have tons of extra skin I plan on just getting surgery to fix it all.
>>
>>25105988
Alcohol only makes it harder for the body from taking in Vitamin B1. This can be solved by taking supplements or simply drinking less. It's only really a problem with alcoholics. Drinking will not undo 'all hard work'.
>>
>>25104932
>how do fat ppl get fat tho?
Overeating, too much fast food, too much soda

You don't eat as much as you think you do
>>
>>25104932
It much harder to lose weight than other way around, prove me wrong faggot
I was always this creepy and weird mister skeeleton, and i tried to gain something. I exercised a lot (few times a week, getting some workout plan, and having some steel in home to lift), but i just cant gain anything. Maybe its because you just need to eat a lot in my case, but i honestly dont have money for a food, and i just eat whatever mum dare to feed me
>>
But I actually eat a lot. Probably a whole bread with sometimes potatoes other times 2 whole steaks, once per day.
>>
>>25105192
pretty much this.

thin people who say "WOW I EAT SO MUCH SHIT AND DONT DO ANYTHING BUT NEVER GAIN WEIGHT LOL" actually don't eat anything. If you kept a food journal you'd see you don't eat much, eat small portions or healthier foods.
>>
>mfw eat two whole grain sandwhiches with ham, lettuce and a teaspoon of mayo, one yogurt, one banana, one apple for breakfast/lunch
>dinner is often something like one small steak or two chicken thighs
>sometimes don't eat dinner at all because exhausted
>not gonna lie I do get take out maybe once or twice a week on the weekend
>walk 10 mins a day to get to busstop
>work is on feet all day moving quickly

>still morbidly obese with no weight lose

but then I do have pcos and that makes weight loss even harder so I guess I'd have to find time in my "I have zero free time" schedule to go to the gym.
>>
>>25108936
whoah u walk 10 whole minutes a day no idea how you could possibly be obese u roastie
>>
>>25108952
>plus 9 hours of intense physical work that's leaving me with nerve damage and carpal tunnel

thanks man i try my best. and that 10 min walk was mostly included for the trolls that love to say "All you have to do is walk 10 minutes a day and you'll lose weight!!!! :^)"
>>
>>25104932
emotionally abusive father and a mother that would take us to mc donalds so we didnt have to go home to deal with him helps cement emotional eating habits that will last a life time. pair that with crippling depression and anxiety issues that you ALSO got from your father and you've got a recipe for obesity.
>>
>eat takeout/fastfood almost once ever day
>most of my breakfasts are bought at diners, coffee shops or mcdonalds
>constantly eating chips or other junk foods
>buy a pie and consume it one sitting as sort of a weekend ritual

I'll give you my day today as an example

>wake up, go to tims, get a sausage egg sandwich, 2 hashbrowns and a large double double
>go home, make 4 slices of bacon, 3 sausages, 2 eggs and toast for second breakfast
>4 mandarin oranges, fruitcake, turtles, chips nonstop until noon
>2 bologna sandwiches, half a bag of cheezies, some baklava and some more mandarin oranges
>an apple pie around 2pm
>cooked up 4 more sausages, a chicken breast, a caesar salad and a can of beans for dinner
>going to the liquor mart to get a bunch of liqueurs to drink myself to sleep with while stuffing my face with mincemeat tarts (tis the season)

Thank god I have a really physically demanding job that keeps me at a perfect 190lb (Im 6'3), but the second I get a job or promotion or whatever that requires me to not be on my feet lifting things all day, Im going to have to make some serious lifestyle choices otherwise I'm going to get really fat really quick. I wouldn't be at all surprised if I was averaging somewhere in the neighborhood of 4000 calories a day.
>>
>>25104932

Eating 200 calories more than you need every day will cause your weight to stabilise 20 pounds heavier than you're supposed to. That's the same as a large latte, or two slices of bread. All it takes is a habit of eating only a little bit too much every day, and you become a fat fuck over the years.
>>
File: over-9000kcal.jpg (98 KB, 496x700) Image search: [Google]
over-9000kcal.jpg
98 KB, 496x700
>how do fat ppl get fat tho?
>>
>>25108936
>two whole grain sandwhiches

Just the bread in that is at least 400 calories. >ham

I bet you pile it on.

>one yogurt, one banana

Yet more calories, way more than you think.
>>
I know me personall, ever since i got my car i put on about 20 lbs. I used to eat alot of shitty food but i also did alot of physical activity(shopping carrying tons of bag/walking to work) Sure i can do it now but im lazy as fuck since im used to driving.
>>
So some people eat because of depression, anyone else get hungry when they're mad? After I lose at video games I get super hungry and want meat. But I don't play very often so I don't get fat from it.
>>
>>25109173
>ham
two wafer thin slices man im not fucking made of money.

>banana's and yogurt are bad!!!

fuck you I need that potassium and yoghurt is good for avoiding uti's
>>
Colored carbonated high fructose corn syrup replaced what used to be water. Also eating literally whole pizzas (like Costco sized) in one sitting. And milkshakes.
>>
>>25109293

>muh potassium

Count the calories. Bananas are full of them, yoghurt too. The excess fat attached to you is far more harmful than the very remote risk of potassium deficiency.
>>
>>25109170
at least she will die happy
>>
>>25105458
because 1 $1 burger at mcdonalds is 500 calories and fries are another 500 calories
if you were used to eating 2-3x a day before and you keep doing that it's easy to massively exceed the calories you need without realizing it
>>
the difference between fat people and normal humans:

fat person:
>hungry: "I just ate half an hour ago, but I no longer feel like I just ate an entire Thanksgiving meal. That means I'm hungry again and it's time for more food."
>full: "oh gawd... I literally couldn't eat another bite. Like, even if I wanted to, my stomach is just so painfully filled up I can't bring myself to eat any more."

normal human:
>hungry: "My last meal was four hours ago, I could go for a small snack right now... but I can hold off until lunch time because being hungry for another hour or two wont kill me."
>full: "Man, I can't believe I ate a whole meal. I don't feel "stuffed" and I could eat more if I really wanted, but one meal is enough. I don't need to feel like my stomach is about to rupture to feel full."

tl;dr: fat people don't know what "hunger" and "being full" really is. They say they're hungry when they're not, and they don't know that "full" and "stuffed" are two different things.
>>
Fat people are retarded subhuman dogs who should be killed in the streets
>>
>tfw unironically dislike water because it doesn't taste good

I seriously don't understand how normalfags can drink it and only it. I enjoy a variety of drinks (soda, juices, tea, coffee, etc. etc.) and I could never see myself giving them all up just to be a skinny normalfag.
>>
>>25110580
I used to hate water too, but started to like it when I gave up refined sugar. Your taste buds need to adapt, and reducing your sugar dependence has many benefits. On the other hand, a typical Starbucks beverage makes me nauseous now. Nothing of value is lost.
>>
>>25110580
you're literally addicted m8.
>>
>>25110580
of those things you really only need to give up soda and juice... though you can drink some juice or soda when you want... just not like huge amounts every day.
>>
>>25109824
a mcdouble is only 380 calories
>>
>>25111052
Same here, if I eat anything sugary now I get sick. I guess its my bodies way of telling me what a stupid fuck I used to be.
>>
>>25109665
Haha no.
http://sprott.physics.wisc.edu/pickover/pc/fusewoman.html
>>
>>25110580
You probably drink only shit water from tap or water bottles. Alhambra well-water that isn't packaged in that paper thin plastic is great.
>>
>>25104932
My fat friend eats like 4000 calories a day. A recent meal he had:
>a candy bar
>2 liter soda
>a family pack of taco bell tacos
>a bag of donuts

Guess what happened after he ate it? He complained that he was still hungry. Dude is a huge tub of lard and hates it, but hates the idea of being hungry even more.
Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.