[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>year >major(s) and minor(s) >career path >funny
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 9
File: college101_web.jpg (183 KB, 833x608) Image search: [Google]
college101_web.jpg
183 KB, 833x608
>year
>major(s) and minor(s)
>career path
>funny story from your uni

Sophomore
Stats and English double major
Either be a wagec.uck with the Stats degree or pursue a PhD in English and become an Eng prof. Unsure if the college bubble will burst soon so I dunno.
Some guy in an Intro to English class said women were more emotional and less rational than men. The women promptly proved how rational they were by calling him a sexist for the rest of the class.
>>
File: 4534534523.jpg (72 KB, 558x400) Image search: [Google]
4534534523.jpg
72 KB, 558x400
>We don't do that shit here. I'm in my third year out of four whatever the fuck that translates into
>Zoology
>Wagecuck job in national research branch that hires people straight out of the course
>Roastie on the first day of lectures fell down the entire flight of stairs, smacking her head on each level, broke her nose.
>>
go for stats, not english. You'll be sorry otherwise.
>>
College is specifically for wagecucks with no ambition. I mean, really think about what you're majoring in and if this is really what you see yourself doing until your student debt is paid off. I just dropped out. Now I'm trying to git gud at drawing.
>>
File: 1437592489888.jpg (139 KB, 1157x772) Image search: [Google]
1437592489888.jpg
139 KB, 1157x772
>>25105203
>mfw I live in a country where they pay for university education and I don't get crippled with debt
>Enjoy still having to pay ludicrous bills for a course you didn't even complete so you could focus on selling mlp commissions on deviantart
>>
>year
sophomore

>major
Undecided major, want to do CS/Linguistics

>career path
Ive had a volunteer internship making maps for a federal agency

>funny story
one of my roommates stumbled into a relationship with the niece of a Fortune 500 CEO
>>
File: 1449958626527.jpg (43 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1449958626527.jpg
43 KB, 480x360
>>25104925
>or pursue a PhD in English and become an Eng prof.

Good luck with that.

Even if you're going to an ivey/Stanford/Chicago/Berkely/etc. and have amazing grades its still an absolute crapshoot.
>>
>enter a class about Gender and Inequality (for the kek of the lel)
>discussion starting about evolutionary differences of men and wimin
>some guy says he read that all the stuff about men being hunters and women being gatherers is wrong and just came up because everyone who wrote about that stuff 100-200 years ago was male
>grill agrees
>"and you can't really prove that men were hunters and women were gatherers since all of that was 25 million years ago"
Me and the guy next to me lost it.
>>
>>25106544
Seriously? Why do you say so?
>>
File: atmospheric.jpg (541 KB, 731x1024) Image search: [Google]
atmospheric.jpg
541 KB, 731x1024
>>25106860
Look up the job placement rate for people with terminal english degrees (MFA's, PhDs, whatever) in english.

A lot of people want to teach english at the college level- few do. Even people with experience TA-ing at good universities might hope to become an adjunct professor at best.

If you really want to teach english at the collegiate level you might have some luck with community college but CC is really more like a mix of highschool and shit-tier uni than an actual university
>>
>year
6th

>major
med

>career path
doctor

>funny story
In our second year we had a qt lab tutor who ended up coming to one of our med society parties and ended up getting gang banged by 4 different guys while her boyfriend was at the same party
>>
File: 1448763947050.jpg (75 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
1448763947050.jpg
75 KB, 720x960
>>25107058
>In our second year we had a qt lab tutor who ended up coming to one of our med society parties and ended up getting gang banged by 4 different guys while her boyfriend was at the same party

How'd that end up?
>>
>>25107105
She was pretty drunk and hot. Ended up getting tagged by a few guys

Her bf claimed he didn't care because they weren't 100% dating but were pretty sure they were. He hung around for a bit after he found out then left, pretending not to give a shit. But he didn't go to our uni.
>>
>senior, graduating in 6 months
>CS major
>Software engineer, applied at google, interviewed at a couple jobs at university, at finance companies

>I used to do this vietnamese girl's homework for her. Like, I have had no friends for the whole time and I thought she wanted to be my friend or fuck me or something, but all she wanted was me to do her work. I got fed up with doing it, and so on the biggest project of the semester last year, I stopped talking to her and blocked her number. She failed the project that was 40% of our grade, failed another class that had a 20% project,m failed both classes, and her parents pulled the plug. She just disappeared one week, and hasn't been back since. Someone said her parents drug her back to vietnam to get in an arranged marriage or something.
>>
>>25106761
Forgot:

>year

>majors
Scandinavian Studies and Cultural Anthropology

>career path
Aiming to become a docent at uni, if it won't work out I'll become a German teacher in Norway, Sweden or Iceland
>>
>>25107244
>Scandinavian Studies
So African History studies.
>>
File: anon works as a travel agent.png (53 KB, 631x446) Image search: [Google]
anon works as a travel agent.png
53 KB, 631x446
>>25107216
>Her bf claimed he didn't care because they weren't 100% dating

Disgusting. How can you have so little self-respect?
>>
File: me on the left.jpg (69 KB, 600x504) Image search: [Google]
me on the left.jpg
69 KB, 600x504
>>25107226
>I got fed up with doing it, and so on the biggest project of the semester last year, I stopped talking to her and blocked her number. She failed the project that was 40% of our grade, failed another class that had a 20% project,m failed both classes, and her parents pulled the plug. She just disappeared one week, and hasn't been back since. Someone said her parents drug her back to vietnam to get in an arranged marriage or something.

Pretty beta move to do a girl's work for her under any circumstances but way to redeem yourself man.

GG

Make money.

Fuck bitches.
>>
>>25107319
I once tutored a girl because she said she'd blow me if I tutored her for 2 hours.

To be fair, she gave a quality blow job. Came in her mouth, finger in my ass, deep throat. Barely lasted 5 minutes.
>>
>>25107259
Give it a few years. Now the national heroes are still called Olaf or Gustav Adolf, it'll take some time until it's Jamal and Ahmed
>>
File: fucking normie sluts.png (172 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
fucking normie sluts.png
172 KB, 500x500
>>25107380
Meh, I suppose I shouldn't say under any circumstances as that clearly falls under the fuck bitches clause in my post.

Life is so complex and filled with contradictions.
>>
Graduate
Psychology
Mental Health
I fucked a STEMfag's mom
>>
>>25104925

>year
4th
>major(s)
B.s. Chem, B.A. Math
> minor(s)
physics
>career path
Academia (just got into codensed matter physics phd program.

>funny story from your uni
None sacrifices my social life to complete my majorsmin 4 years, wish I hadnt tbqhwy.
>>
Translation but really thinking of changing to History
Certified Frier
My life
>>
>first
>geology, ecology, minor in environmental science
>my dream is to do research
>unrealistic, would genuinely enjoy teaching children, working at a government park

>friend of mine did a tour of the campus when he was deciding which university to go to/what to major in
>tour guide through engineering department
>tour says something to the effect of "engineers can be popular, sociable.."
>sees poster for My Little Pony club
>tour guide deflates and says, "for fuck's sake"
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.