[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is anybody able to share YouTube videos that will help pull me
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 160
Thread images: 10
File: man-weeping.jpg (38 KB, 409x583) Image search: [Google]
man-weeping.jpg
38 KB, 409x583
Is anybody able to share YouTube videos that will help pull me out of my Christian mindset.

I want help denying my religious upbringing and de-programming myself.
>>
>>25103450

Yeah kierkegaard was great at that
>>
>>25103459
naw I'm serious dude
>>
youtube.com/theamazingatheist

Just watch all of his videos that deal with religion. Also the DP debates.
If you're still a Christian afterwards, God is probably real.
>>
>>25103450
Dont try man, really if you believe be proud of it, dont listen to shittalk just because its popular.
Im on the other site of the fence, I would like to believe in something, feel the sense of existance but i simply cant, its the worst thing ever
>>
>>25103450
Tip: if after 'becoming an atheist' you find Buddhism rational, you are still religious.

Protip: 99.95% of 'atheists' find Buddhism rational.
>>
>>25103450
Why? Christian mindset is best mindset
>>
>>25103777
I'm not watching that guy. Just look at him.
>>25103787
>Dont try man, really if you believe be proud of it, dont listen to shittalk just because its popular.
That's not how it is. I never really believed. I realized this about 7 years ago. But it's difficult scrubbing all that shit out entirely. My whole belief system needs to be overturned but I just can't do it. I want to do it, but find it impossible.
>>25103803
Go into detail about this.
>>
>>25103450
Just watch videos of people dying, starving, getting sick etc. Read articles about third world countries and the shit that those people have to live with. Read about war and that stuff. Honestly for me its not about believing that there is a god, as much as it is knowing for sure that I would not worship someone who designed a world where everybody is in pain all the time.
>>
>>25103830
>Just look at him
Seriously m8? No wonder you're too stupid to think and/or research on your own
>>
>>25103860
I'm being completely serious when I say this;
But have you considered that your definition of belief is based on a fair system.
Have you considered there is no cosmic justice.
>>
>>25103830
>I'm not watching that guy just look at him.

If you're too stupid to look past someone's physical appearance and actually listen to their arguments then you're better off staying a Christian
>>
>>25103450
>Christian
Tell us what you mean by this, there's no point linking you to videos if you don't believe the point they talk about
>>
>>25103830
>Just look at him.
Why does it matter how he looks?
What he's saying is important.
>>
>>25103949
I'm open-minded to rationalism. What more do you need to know? Irish-brand of Christianity - i.e. makes-no-fucking-sense theology.

>>25103926
>>25103959
But just look at him!
>>
>>25103777

That guy is a faggot.

>>25103450

OP, Just use google. If you need help "de-programming" yourself, then maybe you're better off being religious as you clearly don't know how to think for yourself.
>>
>>25104000
Please don't be cruel.
>>
>>25104018

Cruel?

No.

I'm just being real with you dawg.
>>
If you want to know the Bible is based on myths just look at it's origins.

The Flood is based on a Sumerian myth. It wasn't a worldwide flood but just "the world" from the perspective of a small area.

Eden is also from Sumerian myths. The Bible is a Jewish reinterpretation of older ideas. Basically in the Jewish version everything is man's fault. God is perfect even when he's cruel.

There is no sign of Jewish slaves that had been in Egypt. Also the book Exodus shows strong ties to Egyptian ideas. Moses having a staff that turns into a snake? Very Egyptian.

It's not hard to research the Bible's pagan origins. Just put things into search and read.
>>
>>25103450
If you don't believe, you don't have a christian mindset. You're a fucking idiot.
>>
>>25104165
Well I should know if I have a problem my former Christian beliefs infecting my current worldview. Don't get hung-up on the word Christian. I could have said Buddhist just as well. It doesn't matter. The fact is I have a problem.
>>
>people in this thread defending The Amazing Autist

rofl

the guy is a world-class sperg

I remember seeing one video where he talks about feminists laughing about a guy getting his dick cut off and he has a meltdown on camera and screams like a school shooter about to go on rampage

If he can't even be trusted to keep his composure during something unrelated to religion, which judging by his username he obviously feels very strongly about, how can he be trusted to provide rational, impartial arguments about anything else
>>
>>25104118
If there are multiple stories that predate the Bible, but confirm the same events, isn't that proof that the Bible is true rather than false? Also, similarity doesn't really imply descent.
>>
For what reasons? I can only envy a man who truely believes in heaven. you would rather give that up for a bit of degeneracy and pleasure of flesh which does not even begin to weigh against the woes of life?
>>
>>25104332
If you want to believe in God I wouldn't stop you. Maybe there is a reason so many cultures believe in the idea. But the average person who believes totally in the Bible doesn't even see it clearly.
>>
>>25104211
No you're just an edgy little teenager that can't think for himself. You're crying to an anonymous imageboard to "cleanse" you from an "infectious mindset". It doesn't matter what "mindset",if you don't believe in it, you don't have that mindset.
>>
>>25103450

Oh boy, is someone being asked to be de-converted here? Them buckle up senpai, and take my 3 cents.

Religion is bad because after all the feel good talk and fearmongering it tells you, it promotes a certain general irresponsability for yourself and the world.

Everything is god this, god that. Fuck no! You have your own mind, your own head, and it's your ass suffering here in this world. People let themselves fall into religious emotional traps because of despair and social conditioning. This might serve a purpose in bringing people toggeter, but if you can't stand doing believer things, it's a torture.
>>
>>25104811

That's why the average christian or religious believer ends up having a happier mindset on life huh?
>>
Someone asked for edgy religion videos?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ODeI1u-0bg
>>
>>25104811
Forgot the end.

To fight the despair you need to let go of the fear. Forget the babbling about post life and accept the here and now. You are alive and living this moment.

What about eternal life promises. >>25104882

That's because the centuries proven mind control hit's them right up their alley, and they feel good feeling food with their fellows. But sometimes It doesn't, sometimes you are like r9k and don't quite get on with people. And then you just are a unhappy statistic on the other side.
>>
>>25104811
Ah yes, and the secular do not at all entrap themselves into social conditioning and pointless cultural structures.
>>
>>25103450
It shouldn't be that hard. Literally all the evidence points one way. The only "evidence" for Christianity is the Bible, a fucking book that says some chick got pregnant without sperm and had a kid who could walk on and change the chemical structure of water, and rose from the dead even though nobody ever saw him after he died. Also if you hold your hands together and think really hard you can communicate with God, but he can never communicate back. Oh and if you're left handed you're possessed by the devil.
>>
Man, writing on a cellphone is living hell
>What about eternal life promises

This part of religion thrives on our hope and respect for life. But we didn't aways live, we don't remember everything. But we live now and that is what we can take.

What about the evil in the world? The evil against ourselves? Now that's a play with our hatred and regrets.

know what? gonna write an essay about this and create an image to post. But not now, fuck cellphones.
>>
>>25103860
>>25103883
that's because demons and women procreating with them corrupted both humans and animal nature and we were kicked of Eden
>>
>>25105078
>muh mind control

You do realize if you actually picked up a bible it emphasizes free will right?
>>
>>25105613
not free will but God's will
>>
I know how you feel OP

>raised in shitty conditions in the south
>thought that God would be my salvation from the world
>still felt like shit all the time
>didn't masturbate until I was an adult because I was taught it was bad (I think this has a little to do with my small dick)
>avoided girls and sexual things because I thought it was wrong

Then I found out it was all a joke and everyone was playing pretend and were actually constantly sinning all of the time and I was basically being cucked by a 2000 year old fairy tale. Even the church kids were fucking one another 24/7.
And all this time it was the christfags that treated me worse than anyone.

Good luck on your escape.
>>
File: 1437214564139.png (34 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
1437214564139.png
34 KB, 633x758
>>25105742
>>didn't masturbate until I was an adult because I was taught it was bad (I think this has a little to do with my small dick)
I used to hit my dick if there was any erection and now is fucked.
>>
>>25106183
tfw still punish myself if I sin just not my dick
>>
>>25105734
Actually read it. God gave man free will. You can chose to do God's will or you chose not to.(excluding the burning in hell part).
>>
I'm guessing you were raised Christian so here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYaQpRZJl18

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkHuvErbpd0
>>
File: okthen.gif (2 MB, 500x280) Image search: [Google]
okthen.gif
2 MB, 500x280
>>25106580
>>25105613
>Christianity is all about free will!
>but if you disbelieve the unbelievable Christ myth then you burn in hell for eternity

ok then
>>
File: 1448723956992.jpg (22 KB, 298x299) Image search: [Google]
1448723956992.jpg
22 KB, 298x299
>>25103777
>youtube.com/theamazingatheist
>Just watch all of his videos that deal with religion.

You're trolling right? That guy is fat bitter scumbag that nobody should take advice from.
>>
File: 1424156154617.gif (2 MB, 334x357) Image search: [Google]
1424156154617.gif
2 MB, 334x357
>>25106663
Cool. We settled you're wrong.
>>
>>25106580
God knows the beginning and the end, it's all pretty deterministic nightmare
>>
>>25103450
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6kgvhG3AkI Only video you need OP
>>
>>25106663
Well, you also know that if you jump out the window you're going to die. does that mean you not jumping out of the window is done without free will?
>>
File: 1418603320350.jpg (260 KB, 900x948) Image search: [Google]
1418603320350.jpg
260 KB, 900x948
>>25106762
Usually every "omnipotent" being knows the beginning and end. More at 11.
>>
DarkMatter2525 on YT
>>
wear a fedora and everything will be fine
>>
>>25106795
If you apply certain circumstances to an individual and repeat the process with exact clones living the same experiences it WILL happen everytime
>>
>>25106795
Imposing an eternal punishment for thinking differently than the Church sure is a funny way of promoting "free will"

I have no problem with your logic but that's the exact opposite of promoting free will.
>>
>>25103450
what makes you believe in the first place?
>>
>>25106862
>WILL happen everytime

Prove it.
>>
>>25105350
>know what? gonna write an essay about this and create an image to post. But not now, fuck cellphones.
Send it to me when you are done.
[email protected]
>>
File: 1415154162876.jpg (86 KB, 680x989) Image search: [Google]
1415154162876.jpg
86 KB, 680x989
>>25106878
Christianity != the church.

Boy the smart ones are really out today!
>>
>>25103830
>>25104000
>>25106678

I find it funny that people hate the amazing atheist here, of all places. He's so critical of feminism and all it's bullshit that you'd think more people here would like him. Not to suck his dick or anything, but he's a true rational thinker. Anyone who sees the parallels between feminism and organised religion is. Sorry he's not /pol/ enough for you, guys. He's right though.
>>
>>25106884
1+1 always =2
>>
>>25103875

This. Just give up right now, OP. You'll need an open mind if you want to change anything about your outlook, and you clearly aren't capable of that.
>>
>>25103450
Dont. Ahteism is depressing af.
>No Community or identity
>No meaning
>Everyone will die and nothing will have mattered.

If you can stay a christian, I wish I could believe.
>>
>>25106917
Are you being willfully stupid? There is no part of any ideology, whether it be implemented by the church or is a tenet of the very faith, that promotes "free will" if at the end of the day you are forced at gunpoint (metaphorically speaking) to believe their story.

That's not just "the church" saying that, it's the very tenet of the faith. You don't believe in the Christ myth then you go to hell. That's the very opposite of free thought
>>
>>25106878

It is God who imposes the punishment, not "the Church"

And the imposition of a punishment does not imply that you are fundamentally divested of free will

>1 Corinthians 10:23

>All things are lawful for me, but all things are not >expedient: all things are lawful for me, but all >things edify not.
>>
>>25106975
But just to make me happy post another rational thinker against religion on YT.
>>
>>25103450
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZnmTiqEikg
Warning: that will definitively de-christianize everybody who watches it.
>>
>>25106878
>Reject God
>After death spend an eternity separated entirely from Him
He's not going to force you to accept Him. If you say no, you get exactly what you want.
>>
>>25106977
That's true. Op sounds like he already is not a Christian though, like he just keeps the negative stigmas on certain things in his head due to programming. Try to find an athiestic or agnostic philosophy that gets you where you want to be.
>>
>>25107013
then the Christian God is anti-free will. And yes, the imposition of a punishment for disbelief is the very definition of being against free will
>>
>>25106977

On the plus side

>there is no cosmic dictator who will subject you to an eternity of torture for believing the wrong thing
>you are free to live your life whatever way you please and not feel guilty for tapping a little boipussy now and then
>you're not just another pawn in some religion's political game to gain control of whatever country you happen to be in

It's not depressing for everyone.
>>
>>25107038
Which is an eternal hellfire? Or what? Because if the redemption comes at being at "God's right hand" or being with him or whatever then I'll pass. I'd rather not have to bother with that shit for eternity and I can just rot in the ground. I'm not a fan of tribalistic deities, which Yahweh certainly is.
>>
>>25107051
No it isn't you inbred.
Next you're going to tell me criminals that get sent to prison have no free will.
>>
>>25107038
oh fuck off you loonie.
>>
>>25107093
Make me :^)
>>25107082
>m-muh tribalism
Okay champ
>>
>>25107088
Prisoners are breaking a code of laws that exist in society. Not believing in a story that has 0 proof, 0 legitimacy and 0 reason for belief is called being a rational human being.

And yes we are taking away the prisoner's free will to break the law just as God is taking away the human's free will to believe in what they want. Criminals commit actual crime, atheists are committing thought crime
>>
>>25107110
>Make me :^)
Give me a fighting chance you pussy.
Name + location now. I already know USA because of the nature of how mental this is.
>>
>>25107014

Go find it yourself. Nothing is gonna change if you don't keep an open mind. You're just gonna continue to believe whatever you want to believe and eventually relapse into being religious after you get bombarded with one too many epic fedora memes. After all, if some fat neckbeard with a fedora is an atheist, it must be bad to be an atheist, right?
>>
>>25107150
>Go find it yourself.
But can't you just post it here anyway.
>>
>>25107110
Yahweh is tribalistic. Why do you think he had no problem murdering 42 children in 2 Kings 2:23? Why do you think the Amalekites were slaughtered? Why do you think the Canaanites were slaughtered? Because they were considered a problem by the Israelite God
>>
File: dm.png (427 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
dm.png
427 KB, 900x900
>>25103450
https://www.youtube.com/user/DarkMatter2525/videos

just start browsing random vids on the channel. shouldn't take too long for you
>>
>>25107062
>No religious people actually believe they are going to hell even if theyre wicked cause people are hypocrites and always will be.
>The short term pleasure felt by some act you could not do due to religion like drugs or sex cant compare to the intense feelings of devotion, security and happiness felt by believing that there is a purpose to your life and that in the grand scheme of things you are not an unimportant speck of dust

Atheism fucks people and societys up, even though it is true.
>>
>>25107062
>there is no cosmic dictator who will subject you to an eternity of torture for believing the wrong thing
but there are quite a lot of earthly dictators who will; you are born firstly a slave to the needs and limitations of your body, and secondly to society

>you are free to live your life whatever way you please and not feel guilty for tapping a little boipussy now and then
these joys are vastly outnumbered by pain

>you're not just another pawn in some religion's political game to gain control of whatever country you happen to be in
if religion is true then it is universal so your statement doesn't make sense
>>
>>25107173

You really are one pathetically lazy fuck, aren't you? And my point is going over your head completely. So listen up this time: any video I show you that might sway you from your religion will rely on you thinking rationally and not emotionally. If you see the amazing atheist's fat hairy potato head and refuse to even listen to what he has to say because you find him unattractive, you are thinking emotionally. And any other video I show you, you won't be thinking rationally, you'll be thinking emotionally the whole time. You won't learn anything, you won't take anything away from it. If you do change, you'll become another strawman atheist who's more concerned with the evils of christianity than actually being a logical person and a critical thinker.

You'll learn more by forcing yourself to look at the ugly guy talking and honestly listening to what he has to say. That's how you'll learn to deprogram yourself from the indoctrination of religion. Otherwise, you'll just be replacing one irrational, emotionally fuelled belief with another and it will defeat the purpose.
>>
>>25103450
Just buy a fedora and wear it every day.
>>
>>25107286
I'm not reading all that.

Share what I'm looking for or shut up.
>>
>>25107261

Religion is even worse. Look at all the harm it has caused and continues to cause.

And anon, don't assume that we're all too weak to deal with the absurdity of existence. Just because you are, doesn't mean everyone else is.
>>
>>25104118
>Moses having a staff that turns into a snake
The myth even acknowledges that, because the Pharao's court wizard or whoever it was does it first.
>>
>The Amazing Autist
Isn't he the mega autist who made a 6 hour rant on Umineko and how Requiem of the Golden Witch is a lie?
>>
>>25107261
In my experience religious people don't feel that way and are just as neurotic and unsure about the universe as non-religious people. They believe but they're not certain and they also have plenty of doubt, which conrtibutes to their cognitive dissonance

religion is a good way to keep uneducated people in line. Generally it takes a relatively intelligent person to form their own moral code and there are plenty of people who would turn wild without their sky deity there keeping them in check, so I think religion serves a purpose
>>
>>25107268

>but there are quite a lot of earthly dictators who will; you are born firstly a slave to the needs and limitations of your body, and secondly to society

Yeah, and we don't need yet another dictator on top of all of the earthly ones.

>these joys are vastly outnumbered by pain

Everyone suffers, religious or not. And while you may not have the comforting belief of a caring creator deity or an afterlife, you also won't have to deal with the suffering brought on by the 'crises of faith' that practically every single religious person suffers through trying to balance their beliefs with the reality of being a human.

>if religion is true then it is universal so your statement doesn't make sense

Yeah, but it's not true, is it?
>>
>>25107208
>shouldn't take too long for you
I don't know why you say that.
I've got very slow Internet bandwidth speeds.
It's 70KB/s right now, but goes right down to 10KB/s often.
Also, it gets cut off at midnight.
>>
>>25107336

You're either a troll or a moron.
>>
>>25107429
Have you considered you may just be autistic?
>>
>>25107051

Do you have an actual rational basis for refuting my point? Because your post is literally just you saying

"And yes, i'm right because I say so"

The very act of disbelieving is an application of free will - you choose to disbelieve of your own volition. Faith is a choice.

My guess is that like many atheists (usually the young adult aged ones, i.e. redditors), you equate the concept of being informed that the act of rejecting God has consequences (Hell) with "having a gun held against your head" and being told "believe or die"

This is inaccurate and irrational. No one is forcing you to believe. You are FREE to reject God. If you do, however, there will be consequences

The problem with your reasoning is that you define "free will" as "the ability to commit immorality without consequences", such that arguments like yours generally tend to bring up God's stance against Homosexuality, fornication, thievery, etc and ultimately label God as a "cruel, evil tyrant" based on the same

This is immature, and generally only used as a serious argument by the same type of atheist who brings up "m-muh Crusades" as an example of th "evils of religion"

I am free to go out and commit crimes. However, if I do so and get arrested, there will be consequences. Sin is the same
>>
>>25107468

Troll it is then. Pretty ineffective one too, looking at your thread.
>>
>>25107337
these are some though words for a defecating creature which is susceptible to every bodily harm and misfortune which the universe entails.
>>
>>25107524
Dude chill out. Think about what you're saying.
>>
>>25107507
>you define "free will" as "the ability to commit immorality without consequences"

Except that the only immorality is to not believe. That is the only action which has consequences. I can rape, steal, murder, etc, but so long as I ask forgiveness I can be saved and be absolved.

The only thing I can do wrong is to have the wrong will. How is raising generations of kids to believe that shit not mind control?
>>
>>25107601
Check out Armoured Skeptic. I'm pretty sure he does some atheism stuff. I understand why you wouldn't want to watch the Amazing Atheist. Even from an audio only perspective, his voice is grating and absolutely intolerable.

Armoured Skeptic is pretty gimmicky, but I think it's sort of what you want.
>>
>>25107526

Look, I'm well aware that there are "no atheists in foxholes" and when the shit hits the fan, I'll be praying to anything that will listen. But the thing is, if the shit hasn't hit the fan for you and you still feel like you need the comforting safety blanket of religion, you're a pussy. Sorry, but it's true. We're not a bunch of medieval peasants living hand to mouth who could die in awful, terrible ways at practically any moment.
>>
this debate is pretty good imho.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2j3VU1T8ALU
>>
>>25107601

Poe's law in action. Blame yourself.
>>
>>25103450
These guys don't know shit. Don't watch amazing atheist. Penn Jillette or Steven Fry might have something more worthwhile to listen to.
>>
>>25107694
>>25107667
Thanks v much
>>
lets take a look at the holy bible

heres what it is:

a jewish holy book
then
4 stories about jesus
1 story about his apostles
a bunch of letters from some guy named Paul
one story about apocalypse

that is it. that is the 'holy book'.
>>
>>25106919

I agree with a most of what he says, but none of it is anything that I haven't already heard from other places.

I just hate anyone who goes out of their way to push religion or lack thereof regardless of which side they're on.

Outspoken atheists are just as bad as their religious counterparts.
>>
>>25107337
>Religion is even worse. Look at all the harm it has caused and continues to cause

I would say Atheism offers just as bad and sometimes worse results. Look at modern western society: Unborn children are killed everyday and no one gaf, people lead meaningless lives in pursuit of empty materialism, almost every family break up, all women are tainted by having slept with tens of random guys by their mid 20s, people have no reason for living other than earning more money or fleeting meaningless social relations. Atheistic ideologies can produce just as fucked up results as the worst of religion, look at communism or Nazism.

That being said not all religions are created equal: Islam is majorly fucked up and probably does more harm than good, but mainstream Christianity, Judaism, Hinduism etc are far preferably to atheism.

>And anon, don't assume that we're all too weak to deal with the absurdity of existence

No matter how you twist and turn it "the absurdity of existance" is fundamentally depressing and alway will be.
>>
>>25107738
I agree with this tbqh familam. I was really astounded when I found out people had created "Atheist communities." It just seems so weird to me to create a group based on a lack of belief in something. I'm not religious and don't believe in god; but, I just don't spend any time thinking about it. The idea that part of someone's identity could be their lack of belief is really weird to me.
>>
>>25107676
so you admit you're basically living a lie, an unaware life. why wait till tragedy happens? well, I tell you now it is bound to happen. so, do you believe?
(I'm an atheist btw. I don't deny the despair in such an existence though)
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJCKLw3gBNs
>>
>>25107694
I wonder why every discussion is about chrstianity. what about judaism or islam? even buddhism?
>>
>>25107778
Are you talking about America? The majority christian nation with christian politicians and christian news networks?

I mean, Europe is doing fine with the exception of the problems Islam is causing it, and those Muslims are only there because secular humanists are literally TOO altruistic.
>>
>>25107849
Because Christians are evil!!! Islam is a religion of peace! So is Judaism!
>>
>>25107468

He's right, you are a moron.
>>
>>25107849
Because we're Americans and we're sick of politicians citing bible verses and using taxpayer money on their christfag bullshit.

At least the Jews try to hide it.
>>
Why not just follow your heart OP, all you doing is programming yourself in the opposite direction.
>>
>>25107864

Yeah, all those peaceful muslims bombing people and shooting places up.
>>
>>25107507
>The very act of disbelieving is an application of free will - you choose to disbelieve of your own volition. Faith is a choice.
If there is a punishment imposed for believing one way or the other than there is no free will. It's like saying China supports free speech, it just imprisons you if you happen to say something they don't like.

>You are FREE to reject God. If you do, however, there will be consequences
And what you're saying is that by rejecting a truly unbelievable story that has no merit, atheists are "choosing" to burn in hell for eternity? No, they're not. (If that's true) They're being persecuted by a God who hates them for having the wrong thought process. For not being gullible enough. I'm sorry, but atheists did not choose to play this game, and they did not make the Bible so ridiculously unbelievable that it should be rejected by rational people. And they did not create the hellfire that they will suffer in, those conditions were put in place by the "benevolent God" that the religious pray to.

I have no problem with God having punishments for negative actions that harm others, that would only make sense. But why on earth should there be an eternal punishment (worse than murder) for simply choosing not to believe? Why does this benevolent God need to be prayed to if he loves all of us? Why does he require adoration and prayer? Why not just let people live their lives and give them a guideline to do so? Why is it that the worst crime a human can commit to this deity is the simple act of disbelief?

That's thought crime, and that by it's very definition is anti-free will.
>>
>>25107907
Because he's been brainwashed since he was like 4 by pedophiles, priests, and puritans, and hes trying to get their words out of his head so he doesn't feel like hes being watched all the time.
>>
>>25107906
>At least the Jews try to hide it.
pay a visit to israel sometime
>>
>>25107738

I think the combination of anti-feminism and anti-religion with a side of critical thinking is a pretty uncommon thing these days, so I like him just for that. Maybe I spend too much time on 4chan, but it seems like if you hate feminism, you're usually some right wing /pol/ type who is pro-religion, and if you hate religion, you're some left wing tumblr/reddit type who is pro-feminism. It's nice to see someone who actually sees both ideologies for what they are.

And yeah, he's outspoken, but I don't know him personally, I don't know if he's the type to get on his soapbox whenever anything like this comes up in conversation. Honestly, I think the outspoken atheist is a pretty american thing. Given how the religious people there are even more outspoken and even more involved in politics than they are here in Europe.

And say what you want about outspoken atheists, but they're not going door to door trying to convert you. They're certainly not killing anyone who disagrees with them.
>>
>>25107921
They do it because the Christians and white males are oppressing them!!!
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uxVMUwVmRE
>>
>>25107907
nah what I want is fairly straightforward. the foundation of my thoughts are based on religious beliefs. although I no-longer have any belief in the religion, I still can't strip out the core stuff. Rational thinking is not supported where I'm living, I keep falling back into old thinking. I want to surround myself with crispy logic to help me float in the well you get what I mean
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwqPdWZvjAY

>atheists
>>
>>25107778
> Unborn children are killed everyday and no one gaf
Who said no one gives a fuck? Plenty of atheists are anti-abortion. And plenty of Christians support abortion. And the vast majority of people who get abortions are religious.

>all women are tainted by having slept with tens of random guys by their mid 20s
I think it's better to allow women to choose their sexual lives than imposing strict guidelines on them

>but mainstream Christianity, Judaism, Hinduism etc are far preferably to atheism.
That's strange considering how secular countries with majority atheist populations all have better qualities of life, less crime, and even less abortions and STDs than the mostly religious ones
>>
>>25107815

No, I admit that in such a dire situation, I would no longer have the advantage of being able to think rationally like I am now. I'm living very truthfully right now, but I'd be lying to myself should such a situation arise. It's human nature to do this, and I accept that. You have it backwards.
>>
>>25107859
Europe isnt doing fine. Everything I said applies to Europe and AFAIK america too. People lead shallow empty lives, no one gives a fuck about anything, people arent willing to sacrifice or fight for anything so everyone just escapes to empty materialism: Divorcing the second things turn hard, alcohol, drugs, that new car or that upcoming promotion. People arent happy even if they do not know it is due to a lack of meaning.
Europe is also fucking degenerate.
>>
>>25108000

Nice trips. Nice muslim propaganda too. I got a kick out of it when the quran quote showed up at the end.

Of course, you are aware that a lego helicopter is a man made thing right? And lego is too? If you were to find that helicopter lying on the ground, you could be 100% sure that someone built it. With the universe, on the other hand, we have no reason to think that there is someone who created the bits and pieces and stuck them together. There's no evidence to say that and we can't know. It's a pretty common pro-creationism argument that is even more commonly debunked.

You're clearly a moron though, so I'll give you an alternative argument that you can understand instead:

LOL look at that scraggly neckbeard faggot. Jesus man get a shave it looks like shit. Look at him playing with toys too. What a stupid neckbeard manchild. No wonder he's a muslim LOL
>>
>>25107663

>the only immorality is not to believe

Incorrect

>Mark 7:20 - 23

>He went on: "What comes out of a >person is what defiles them. For it is >from within, out of a person's heart, >that evil thoughts come - sexual >immorality, theft, murder, adultery, >greed, malice, deceit, lewdness, envy, >slander, arrogance and folly. All these evils come from inside and defile a person.

>I can rape, steal, commit murder, etc but so long as I ask forgiveness I can be saved and be absolved.

Also incorrect. This is an oversimplification of the concept of repentance born from the assumption that you can "game the system"; Just go out and sin all you want, then at the last second utter a quick, insincere "Sorry Jesus! Let me into heaven!" and you're all good.

Repentance means feeling earnest guilt and remorse for your actions and willfully making an effort to change yourself

Do you seriously think you can trick God into letting you into heaven?

>Galatians 6:7

>Be not deceived; God is not mocked, >for whatsoever a man soweth, that >shall he also reap.
>>
>>25108007
>I think it's better to allow women to choose their sexual lives than imposing strict guidelines on them

Humans in general, but in particular women left to their own devices are vile, disgusting animals completely driven by instinct. Religion can give people a feeling of dignity, that the end all be all of existence isnt the next orgasm.

>That's strange considering how secular countries with majority atheist populations all have better qualities of life

Lack of Religion =/=> Good societies. Rather:
Freedom and Rationality == > Good societies, and lack of religion. Lack of religion in turn leads socity to start degenerating again.
>>
>>25108070

I find it funny that you bring up alcohol, drugs and material possessions as being "degenerate" things that we just use to distract ourselves from life. Religion is the exact same thing. All but the most truly deluded of religious people are aware on some level that they're just living in a little escapist fantasy in their head. Then, when they think about it, they get guilty and feel bad. It's the same shit.
>>
The greatest problem for humanity and why religion was born in the first place I think is egoism.

Egoism itself is good for the individual self preservation. But not egoism without taking well into account collateral consequences, reckless egoism, the "live and let live"

That's why religion found it's place. There was never a charismatic and strong enough leader figure to take as example to follow. So we created one, and many more.

We cannot bond with everyone and garantee they won't be dicks, but our gods can, as long as the meme keeps going.

Basicaly humanity are like misbehaven lost children without father figure (leadership), and religion is like a single mom trying to keep them in place with stories about a cool father that is never home.
>>
>>25108070
>People lead shallow empty lives

Do you not know what humanism is?

>Divorcing the second things turn hard, alcohol, drugs, that new car or that upcoming promotion.

The only time when religion saves people from this is when they live in constant fear of cosmic punishment, which means staying in an unhappy marriage because you believe god will punish you.

There are no shortage of atheist activists and philanthropists, even more so now that religious people think the world is ending but that they dont have to do anything about it.

But just to be clear, what qualifies as a meaningful pursuit to you? Kneeling and facing Mecca? Mumbling into your hands? Knowing deep in your subconscious that you're lying to yourself and you have no idea what happens when you die?
>>
>>25108242
Kind of, but religion at least give some permanence and firmness to the distraction. And I think people believe more strongly and firmly than you imply.
>>
>>25108240
>Religion can give people a feeling of dignity, that the end all be all of existence isnt the next orgasm.

I've been an atheist for a long time and orgasms take a back seat in my life behind helping the poor and contributing to society. Are you sure theres not just something wrong with religious people that makes them feel like they would snap if god stopped watching?
>>
>>25108225
Let me posit a scenario to you:

A religious man goes nuts. He brings a gun to a mall and shoots dead an atheist man who donated most of his money to charity, spent his time helping others and was a paragon of the community. In prison, the religious man undergoes years of repentance and is forgiven for his past crimes as he is truly repentant and wishes for forgiveness.

In your Christian worldview, the Christian who committed murder goes to heaven and the innocent atheist who he murdered goes to hell. I'm sorry, but I don't see why simple disbelief should be considered the only crime that cannot be forgiven. It harms no one, God is not even being insulted since he should be so far above that petty nonsense, yet that's the only crime that he cannot forgive. And you seem to be arguing in favor of that worldview.

The fact that simple disbelief is the only crime that cannot be forgiven is proof that religion is man-made bullshit used to keep people in line. If God truly exists and he truly only wants us to live beneficial lives then he would not give a flying fuck about what individual people believe
>>
>>25108240
>Humans in general, but in particular women left to their own devices are vile, disgusting animals completely driven by instinct.
You sound like your average Muslim so I can see why you're religious if that's what you think about women.

Freedom and rationality generally lead to a lack of religion.
>>
>>25108330
Drugs and alcohol are actually existent so they're far more permanent and firm than an amorphous belief in an invisible, undetectable deity. My high might wear off but at least it's a measurable, concrete experience.
>>
>>25108413
Christianity does not condemn drugs.
If I remember correctly it's basically be wary or something to that effect.
>>
>>25103450
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2AFwA8vbB0

There is no god.
>>
>>25108341
Why struggle to contribute to society and help the poor when everything will be meaningless in the end. In 100 years or so, everyone of us will be dead and all our thoughts and feelings will be as if they never existed, your greatest triumphs, your deepest sadness. Everything just gone. An unimportant glimmer in a vast, uncaring Universe. And even then society, humanity, and all physical structures will eventually diseappear with time and only the motions of photons in the infinite void remains.
>>
Hell is a metaphor for a soul/body/mind in pain
God is a metaphor for the inherit rules and of reality
>>
>>25108540
Would you really think like that if there was no god? Is your only source of altruism, pity, or empathy just a front to impress god?
>>
>>25107849
Islam: basicaly a more agressive and expansive christianity.

>proceeds to have 3736 spouses and 2826527 kids or behead unbilievers or blow themselves for the 72 waifus and the jihad

judaism: jews are better and we must unite ourselves to control the goy so we, the chosen, get alright.

>nepotism and scheming intensifies

budism: fuck that noise, i'm just gonna meditate and everyting will be alright. when everyone meditate to be alright and selfless, everything will get alright as consequence

>proceeds to meditate and have an alright life, if boring...n-not that they care...
>>
>>25108610
Because it then has objective meaning. Doing arbitrary things is irrational and a waste of time.
>>
>>25108660
The only thing Buddhism really says is follow the eight fold path everything else is just methodology and philosophical ideas that have been developed for around 2600 years
>>
>>25108660
>budism: fuck that noise, i'm just gonna meditate and everyting will be alright. when everyone meditate to be alright and selfless, everything will get alright as consequence
"And if that doesn't work, try gassing a couple people in subways, I always hated taking that damn subway"
>>
>>25108554

That makes sense. God would be like the laws of physics, that If you understand and follow, leads to good, but if you ignore and go full retard and do whatever, leads to disgrace.

>religion of science
>>
>>25108610
I sadly am an Atheist. I do have altruism and pity and all those other feelings, but it doesnt stop things from being absolutely meaningsless. But yeah I do feel that helping the poor or contributing to society is as meaningless and futile as everything else. Im not a psycopath though and I do help people if I can do so without sacrificing too much for myself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YasRuLucsCo
>>
>>25108349

an atheist man who donated most of his money to charity, spent his time helping others, and was a paragon of the community

I'm going to assume that bringing up the "good deeds" the atheist has done is intended to establish him as a "good person" to be juxtaposed against the "evil deed" of the insane Christian who murdered him

It is important to understand that "good deeds" do not make a person "good"; that goes for both the atheist and the Christian. Neither of them is "good" intrinsically

>Mark 10:18

>And Jesus said unto him, why callest me thou good? There is none good but one, that is, God.

The only difference between the two is that the Christian has accepted Christ as his savior. If his repentance is genuine, then his sin and iniquity is paid for by way of Christ's sacrifice

>Mark 10:18

>For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

>innocent atheist who he murdered goes to hell

There is not a single innocent person on the face of the planet; the only innocent human being to ever live was Jesus, which is why his sacrifice can pay for the sins of man

>Romans 3:23

>For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God

Ever lied? ("Little white lies" count) Cheated? Stolen anything? Had lustful thoughts? Hated someone? Etc...

Many atheists assume that only "the really bad stuff" i.e murder, rape, etc is "worthy of hell". Not so. All sins are just as bad as each other. There are no "small sins" that only make you "a little bad"

>James 2:10

>For whoever keeps the whole law but fails in one point has become accountable for all of it.

Because we are all guilty, we all deserve hell. Christians, atheists, everyone. The thing that spares us Hell is the acceptance of Christ's sacrifice.

That is why disbelief is "the only crime that cannot be forgiven". It is not that we're innocent and being punished for nothing. We are all guilty and deserving of punishment already
>>
>>25103777
No, not him. Watch Qualiasoup or Theramin trees if you don't want to see an obnoxious buffon.
>>
>>25103450
ITT: reddit
very original post
>>
>>25103459
Wasn't Kierkegaard pro Christianity? I thoughthe embraced it.
>>
>>25103450
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=561&v=Hakb6S0IpgY
>>
File: 1429661525204.jpg (41 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1429661525204.jpg
41 KB, 640x480
>>25106993

You haven't read it at all. Got it.
>>
Meditate -- completely cured my desire for religion. It's got all sorts of scientifically-proven health benefits, and, assuming you do it correctly and often enough, replaces the need for belief in a diety.
>>
>>25109015
>The thing that spares us Hell is the acceptance of Christ's sacrifice.
Why do I need to accept it if it already happened? Why does acknowledging it happened grant me access to paradise and not acknowledging it condemn me to eternity?

Are the eskimos who died without ever hearing of this myth in hell or heaven? If they're in hell then your God is a vindictive cunt who deserves no praise. If they're in heaven then what's the point of evangelizing or proselytizing? Then you're enforcing the choice to disbelieve onto them, and the very notion of telling people the Gospel would be precisely what condemns them to hell. That's not exactly "the good news" is it?

If the only crime that is unforgivable is free thought then your God is a totalitarian narcissist who cannot tolerate different beliefs. If he truly is benevolent and wishes for the best for his people and sent his only begotten son back to save them then he wouldn't give a rat's ass what they believe.

Q.E.D. God is made up and only a tool to keep people in line.
>>
>>25109990
Maybe you can expand upon why you think that, because otherwise you look silly by replying with image macros.
>>
Christianity is a joke. Convert to Islam if you really believe in Jesus, Moses, and all of that. Or just become a Buddhist.
>>
Take dmt

Become god
>>
File: 1399406634783.gif (999 KB, 250x251) Image search: [Google]
1399406634783.gif
999 KB, 250x251
>>25110269
>4chan
>Not using reaction images.

Okay. Got it champ.
Thread replies: 160
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.