[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Someone I knew in high-school just messaged me on facebook effectively
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: 1449960012874.png (401 KB, 600x696) Image search: [Google]
1449960012874.png
401 KB, 600x696
Someone I knew in high-school just messaged me on facebook effectively telling me they were homeless.

She started the conversation just after 2:30am, and I figured 'oh god she's probably drunk and going to tell me about her undying love for me'.

That being said: I don't want anything from this girl.

I feel bad for her though, I know how much it sucks to see the 'message seen' and not get a response. So I responded, turns out she got addicted to ice and is now $200 shy of having a place to live. I'm not going to give her money, though. I don't nurture dependence, and I don't do favours for people I haven't spoken to in seven years and who I barely even knew in the first place.

I've just gotten over several addictions, none quite as bad as ice, I've tried ice, but it was never something I was stupid enough to make a habit. That being said, I made a habit out of synthetic weed so who am I calling stupid.

I don't know if this girl is exaggerating things, but I offered to catch up. By the sounds of it she's alienated her friends and family with her addiction, and she's finally nine days sober and really trying to stay off for the first time... But that could just be because she's broke.

So I told her I'd be willing to catch up in three days. I don't know why, I feel like I need to, I just feel like I need to believe in something, even if it's myself. I need to believe someone out there would help someone like her, even if it's only me. Finally, I know how fucked she is without a halfway decent social life. Meth withdrawals last a year, I know from similar experiences that the only hope she has is at least one straight friend.

But there's this one thing on my mind, this one question, this massive fear: Am I making a huge mistake?
>>
She's going to try to bang you for money. She isn't staying sober, she just needs more money for ice. Junkies are money black holes, I know this from experience. You are making a mistake, I can tell you that right now OP.
>>
>>25101143
>Am I making a huge mistake?

probably. you're gonna do it anyway
>>
>>25101143
If you have a disposable income, you should fuck her for money.
If not, cut all contact and dont meet up.
>>
>>25101176
She's barking up the wrong tree then.

I'm not giving her money, I don't want to bang her.

People quit ice every single day, if she's still clean in three days, well, that's a start.
>>
Be careful. Ice fiends arent human. Had people beg me to take them in and i did they beat and robbed me in my sleep. Some people become completely void of empathy when on the drug and will do anything for money to get more
>>
>>25101143
If you are going to meet her, then at one point you're going to give the money, because your human.
>>
Careful she doesn't steal from you OP
>>
>>25101143
>nine days sober
>now $200 shy of having a place to live

Totally unrelated.
>>
>>25101265
>covered in the OP
>>
>>25101143
OP, have you learned nothing form this board?

Don't feel bad about letting her go and ignoring her. As you can plainly see, this is not merely a chance for her to catch up with an old friend. She is using you for money or rent. She just thinks you're a beta nice guy who will help her even if she doesn't sleep with you.

I know your basic human sensibilities urge you to help someone in need, but think rationally. You gain nothing whatsoever from this, she will either take your money (every month that she's under budget), or she will lodge with you and eat your food and never do your dishes and take the bathroom when you want it and generally act like a meth whore would.
>>
>>25101143
>$200 shy of having a place to live

I bet my life that she isn't. She probably sent that horse shit to every guy she knew in hopes of $200 more for crack. And since you don't want to give her money or bang her, there's ultimately no point in meeting her.

If you want to laugh at her in person that's understandable though
>>
Nothing the other people havent already said in this thread but you need to watch Season 5 Episode 3 of peep show. This woman is Saz, and you are the sucker. She would have contacted a female friend if she didnt think you'd take romantic pity on her and give her dosh m8.
>>
>>25101356
>OP, have you learned nothing form this board?

Yeah, whatever robots suggest, do the opposite, because either they're sanctimoniously giving advice, or complaining about how rough their life is.

I'm not a beta nice guy, and I've already established that I'm not going to give her anything. I don't even think giving her anything would help her.

I'm not even trying to help her, though. Can you read? Are you able to comprehend what you read? I'm trying to help myself. The only reason this would be a mistake is if I'm leading her on with false expectations. It appears that I would be, so I probably wouldn't meet up for that reason alone. Community is important though, a lack of it is why you're on /r9k/ wallowing in self-pity while telling yourself you're better than normies.
>>
>>25101143
OP you should NOT associate with this person. Only bad things can come of it, stealing, false rape charges, you just don't know and I would not take my chances. If you mix with shit it will rub off on you. That's my two cents.

And with that, I'm off! I can't go fighting evil on an empty stomach, you know.
>>
>>25101143
>nine days sober and really trying to stay off for the first time

yeah everyone is when they're looking for a handout.
>>
The others are right OP. The only thing you will get out of this is trouble, the only reason she contacted you in the first place was to get money. If you don't give her any money she will just steal from you.

Never trust a junkie, there is no such thing as "community" to them.
>>
>>25101143
I T S A T R A P !
T
S
A
T
R
A
P
!
>>
>>25101143
I T S A T A R P !
T
S
A
T
A
R
P
!
>>
Hey, sheltered suburban friend here, is ice slang for heroin?
>>
>>25101689
Meth. Also, drugs are huge in the suburbs. Does your extent of drug knowledge come from your D.A.R.E. class in the 90's? Because the explosion of drug use in this country right now is middle and upper class people doing heroin.
>>
File: image.jpg (108 KB, 425x481) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
108 KB, 425x481
>>25101143
>tell her she can stay with you
>give her a fake address
>>
>>25101500
>I'm not even trying to help her, though. Can you read?

Oh, yeah, you said your intention was merely to
>need to believe in something, even if it's myself. I need to believe someone out there would help someone like her, even if it's only me. Finally, I know how fucked she is without a halfway decent social life.

Forgive me, but I don't believe that for a second. You got suckered into it because you'd be washed in guilt if you didn't extend your hand, albeit even hesitantly. You're going to meet up with her, she will try to be super nice and kind, and then at one point she'll either subtly or not-so-subtly ask for money or a place to stay.

And if she's persistent enough, then you'll cave in because you don't know how to say no. If you did, you wouldn't have responded to her facebook message.
>>
>>25101752
>guy down the block and paranoid gun owning nutcase
>give her his address
>tell her to just come in the house and not wait for me
>>
>>25101765
This is what I think will probably happen too
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.