[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Therapy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: 1429538973854.gif (76 KB, 255x153) Image search: [Google]
1429538973854.gif
76 KB, 255x153
Does anyone else hate therapists and gets embarrassed when you see anyone mention them?
>>
i was forced to go to one when i was younger. didn't help anything at all.

we live in a really sick world where paying someone to listen to your problems is considered normal behavior and is actively encouraged.
>>
>>25100179
Its like most posters go to solution. Oh you're sad then go to a professional brainwasher. I went to one when I was younger too, and all that happened was I got addicted to Adderall.
>>
Seen two therapists, it's only a matter of time until i see my third, its pretty comfy desu
>>
I had to see one when i was younger too, i hated him.he just made me play cheese and when he tried to talk with me i never responded
one day i hit him and he had to restrain me. later i was sent to the hospital
tried to run away the first day but 4+ nurses restrain me and inject me a drug to make me sleep. and i was only 9years old wtf
and those fucking retard like to believe they are helping you

>>25100218
you are lucky if you got adderall, i think all my problems come from my lack of concentration and inability to maintain my motivation for something.
and "adhd" is more accepted by society than depression and anger problems, also you don't get blamed for it
>>
>>25100578
Do you like consuming brainwash created to turn you into a human robot that necessitates therapist visits?

Drug pushers and liers

Just imagine the sort of individual that would go through college to be a therapist.
>>
>>25100672
I dont know, it's almost like im dependent on them already and the comfort they bring, i think i have fetishised the whole thing. I do have real problems that it helps me address but i wont lie and say i dont make it complicated with pointless feelings toward whoever my therapist is
>>
>>25100744
Therapy says, its 'Okay' to whine, its part of healing (btw you are 'broken'). Its all a big self-suck for loosers
>>
File: 1333733871731.jpg (70 KB, 436x423) Image search: [Google]
1333733871731.jpg
70 KB, 436x423
what pills do you guys take
>>
I feel i should clarify something here.
Psychologists vs. Psychiatrist.

The former deals only in "talk" therapy, which can be seen as brainwashing, as the entire point is to reframe the way your brain looks at things. It can easily be seen as bad, but when you realize what agoraphobia is, and that there is no objective reason to fear the outside, you realize it has its uses.

Psychiatry on the other hand, requires a medical degree. Since they're trained as medical doctors rather than "talking" doctors, it's natural that they'd try to prescribe things.

I'm trained in psychology myself, and completely understand the hate we get. A lot of "us" are complete assholes and completely unprofessional. That said, fuck psychiatry. If you need the medicine you need it, and few people actually need it. (I was put on adhd medicine myself while i didn't need it. Stupid child services)
>>
Psychology is a primitive science.. it offers little to no concrete solutions except "Change how you think", as if 20 of thought process can be undone by anything but years of reflection. Just because you tell me something is so doesn't make it a concrete belief, theres no right and wrong or correct/incorrect, just matters of opinion and shades of gray. It takes too much time, I have grown impatient with my own ineptitude. I need a fast track to loving myself and I can't get it from constant validation because of thinly veiled intolerance. Just KEK my shit up family
>>
>>25100118
Behavioral medicine has some clear effects on Obesity and mental health in general. The key is actually convincing the patient to listen and follow through with treatment, which is enough of a problem with typical medicine as it stands.

>>25101646
>It takes too much time, I have grown impatient with my own ineptitude
It's people like this. No doctor in the world can help you if you're not even willing to help yourself.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.