[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw you will never be religious >tfw you cannot believe
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: file.png (97 KB, 900x555) Image search: [Google]
file.png
97 KB, 900x555
>tfw you will never be religious
>tfw you cannot believe anything that doesn't have empirical evidence behind it
>tfw you will never enjoy the blissful ignorance of religion and always having a purpose
>tfw doomed to live life as a purposeless dipshit, fully aware of the inconsequential nature of your existence

WHY ME
>>
Try getting into hippie(new age/eastern) shit. Spirituality without religion is all they're about.
>>
>>25100073
>new age

Can't do it famalam, seems like bullshit
>>
>>25100073
I sort of did this but from the other end

I just devoted my life to philosophy and science and gradually became a deist or pantheist or panentheiest or some shit

Now a lot of that stuff makes sense to me and it's kind of exciting to realize I'm not alone in gaining vaguely mystical apprehension of the universe the more I learn

Feels nice desu, it's like religion without all the annoying bits about wearing special hats
>>
OP you can be sometjing even better
>>
>>25100019
no worries OP, I don't even think being Atheist is valid anymore due to the fact it's just another way for people to be ignorant against religion... same thing, without the beliefs but dumber.
>>
File: Max_stirner.jpg (10 KB, 200x237) Image search: [Google]
Max_stirner.jpg
10 KB, 200x237
>>25100197

forgot pic

Go Ego or go home
>>
>>25100224
Your post makes 0 sense
>>
>>25100236
How? It's basically a religion against all religious believes, like a hypocrite. Without actually believing anything.

>smoke a bowl anon might make sense after that.
>>
>>25100278
You are attaching peoples personal agendas against religion to Atheism as a concept.

That is stupid.
>>
>>25100304
Yes and no, because I don't really accept the concept of being atheist either cause the only atheists(I have ever come across IRL + internet) who are serious about it are autistic fedora wearing vapor fags.
>>
Also OP, Rastafarianism would be a choice that would most likely take your life places. Spiritually and mentally.
>>
>>25100360
Another stupid post. Clearly you do not understand the concept that the people you have come across in your life are not necessarily representative of the population of atheists as a whole.

Perhaps read up on how studies and research is conducted to get an idea about concepts like sampling bias before spouting off nonsense like this.
>>
>>25100019
At least you're not convinced there's an all powerful entity monitoring and judging your every thought and deed 24/7. How the fuck is that supposed o be comforting?
>>
>>25100397
Also I do not care highly of these people cause honestly it makes no difference to me everyone with a higher belief is a faggot and Atheists are no exceptions they are worse.
>>
>>25100438
I think this is why religious people love government so much. Human gods to watch and "protect" them.
>>
>>25100708
>religious people love government so much
lol what, since when?
>>
>>25100019
religous robot here. it's not blissful ignorance. religion doesn't always grant you immediate peace. i believe in god because of certain experiences I've had, and i don't think emprical proof would chnage things. god wants evertyone to have free will and to choose what direction their lives take, so there's never going to be absolute proof one way or the other.
>>25100438
with regards to this, think of it like you watching yourself. do you judge your own actions? god doesn't "monitor" you like some nsa agent or something. he takes note of your actions and feelings in order to guide you better, should you choose to accept the holy spirit into your life.

all in all, I would recommend religion. 9/10
>>
>>25100019
People these days have their own neon god.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.