[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
GIRL TALK: I feel like makeup degrades women
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 139
Thread images: 10
File: eye-makeup-and-lips-1866.jpg (999 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
eye-makeup-and-lips-1866.jpg
999 KB, 1920x1200
im a woman and i dont own any nor do i ever want to.
no offence ladies, but i just watched a buzzfeed video where women apply makeup to each other, and i also went to a makeup store recently with a friend and the whole experience, and also this video, just made me feel like i was watching women degrade themselves.

are you really so ugly to yourself that you need to plaster your FACE in makeup/paint?
its the exact opposite of confidence in yourself. i dont get how some women say it helps you feel better... youre wearing a literal mask to hide who your real face is....
anyway, the women in the makeup store all look like robots in their eyes... there is no humanity within person when they shop for makeup... its just so vain and pointless..

not to mention, i dont think anyone notices or care about your makeup details... so the fact that women learn so much about how to apply it... is just a total waste of time...

also, makeup has chemicals... some that are banned from certain countries. and when you look at makeup boxes, they almost never list its ingredients. which i find bizarre.
don't hate me, i'm just the messenger.
>>
>I'm a woman and
Stopped reading there. Delete this thread, and go somewhere else.
>>
>>25096467
youre a little bossy dontcha think prick?
>>
>>25096467
this is a GIRL THREAD. learn to read.
get the fuck out.
>>
>>25096467

GET THE FUCK /OUT/
YOU DON'T BELONG HERE
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
No one cares about your made up bitch "problems," post your tits or get the FUCK OUT WHORE
>>
I agree. I dont wear makeup either. it doesn't even make that much of a difference so it's pointless
>>
File: shhh.jpg (417 KB, 1251x1043) Image search: [Google]
shhh.jpg
417 KB, 1251x1043
>>25096441
I just think women in makeup look ugly t.b.h
>>
Spoilers: So do most guys

Retard
>>
>>25096441
yeah but guys like it so

suck it up

guys and girls both have to do things to maintain sexual attraction, time to grow up and get over it
>>
>>25096559
uh no, bullshit. I'm a normie and I love make up. It's sexy.
>>
>>25096560
>yeah but guys like it so
No, no they don't.

Girls only wear make up to fit in with other girls.

>"OMG Stacey, look at that hag, she's not even wearing makeup"

>>25096579
Mascara and light eye liner is the only thing that matters.

All that caked on foundation, eye shadow, and retarded lipstick is just hideous.
>>
I don't wear makeup so I don't have experience with it, but I have to disagree.

I won't say that makeup CAN'T degrade people, but I've known people who are really into makeup and you have to realize that they are the people who care about it. This circle of mostly women who get really good at applying makeup and discussing techniques and even making their own makeup are the people who want to wear it to show off to each other. To them, this is one of their hobbies and art forms and methods of self-expression. It's just a community that you aren't part of. I only somewhat understand because I'm into doing my nails and occasionally meet people who are hardcore into that.
>>
>>25096560
false.
i can become lesbian
i can not bse my daily existence off of doing thing to "Get guys"
>>
>>25096590
yes, yes they do.

I'm a guy with guy friends. We all like it.
>>
>>25096598
sure its an "art" to some small group of women. but the fact that makeup is a sex role performance that all females are pressured to carry out negates the entire argument.

i dont know of a single woman, on that note, who enjoys putting on makeup more than she feels like she has to do it
>>
>>25096602
one does not simply become a lesbian

ps lots of girls would want you to wear make up too
>>
>>25096619
But I'm also a guy.

There's a Christian sect around here that doesn't allow the women to wear makeup and they're the qtiest girls there are.
>>
>>25096634
you're in the minority of guys. I can assure you most guys like it.

the attractiveness of your sect has nothing to do with anything
>>
>>25096632
wrong. who you love is a choice.
besides women are more accomodating. if my future gf wanted me to wear it and i refuse to, shes more likely to accept me than any bf
>>
>>25096623
it's so you can look pretty

that's what women are best at. being pretty and being moms.

guys put on more muscle generally speaking because they're more handy, and able to do harder work.

basic shit. stop whining about having to put on make up.
>>
>>25096644
>the attractiveness of your sect
I'm a fedora tipper though.

Nobody likes painted whores except for other painted whores.
>>
>>25096652
sexual orientation is not a choice. I can't just decide to become gay for dudes, sorry, doesn't work that way
>>
>>25096659
nah, im best at being a strong smart woman. your posts bore me, why dont you fuck off and let women talk?
>>
>>25096487
This is a bloke board. Fuck off you cunt.
>>
>>25096663
I like painted whores and I'm not a painted whore

got any other fascinating arguments?
>>
>>25096623
But all other females AREN'T pressured into doing it. I have never been pressured into wearing makeup, not by family, friends, or men. I would drop anyone who tried to get me to do stuff I wasn't comfortable doing. I've had a healthy social life and romantic life anyway.

I would estimate that about half of my female friends enjoy makeup tremendously and the rest mostly don't wear it.
>>
>>25096669
i didnt ask you. i stated a fact. move along, child.
>>
>>25096678
>strong smart woman

ha. hahaha. yeah, you do that and see how the dynamic of your relationship crumbles unless you find some beta provider you can cuckold. and you won't be happy with that, trust me.
>>
>>25096690
yes we are pressured. google it and read any webpage about it. this is basic feminism.
>>
File: 1446315323039.jpg (5 KB, 250x170) Image search: [Google]
1446315323039.jpg
5 KB, 250x170
Someone be my make-upless gf
>>
>>25096703
oh, I've been rused. moving along
>>
>>25096678
>im best at being a strong smart woman.

If that's your best than I shudder to think how your 'average' looks

You're human waste
>>
>>25096623

>i dont know of a single woman, on that note, who enjoys putting on makeup more than she feels like she has to do it

I do.

I know it doesn't mean shit being a personal anecdote and you've probably made up your mind on the subject, but I go days without wearing makeup if I'd rather, or am obligated to do other things with my time.
When I have spare time, and when I'm in the mood I'll do it. I do feel it makes me look better. Like when a male pays extra attention to getting his hair right, or shaving closely, he'll feel more refined? I guess is the word.
>>
Make up is one of the most obvious example of a vicious circle women willingly put themselves into everyday and then bitch about how it's men's fault.
>>
What is it with women and not being able to use proper capitalization? You go on any website or thread that has women in it and it will be full of posts that look like they were written by actual retards? Why don't women care about grammar or using language in a dignified way? Why are women on the same level as niggers who can't learn English?
>>
>>25096742
I don't doubt how you feel. but personally when i've worn makeup i only felt like i was restricted because i could not touch my face and constantly had to check in a mirror to make sure all looked well. i was also very self conscious, worrying how others perceived my look. it was overall very uncomfortable for me
>>
I look fine without make-up.

With makeup, I can look stunning. I've got this otherworldly, bug-eye thing going on. I look like I'm from a race of psychic alien creatures from doctor who or something.

I'm transmasculine, so I don't do it very often. But when I do, people love it.

So, you know. Whatever works, really.
>>
>>25096761
this is an anonymous internet message board settle the fuck down autist, capitalization is not important here
>>
op here. it's funny how we as women can be on one of the most misogynist sites imaginable, where every other post is the most sexist random drivel you can imagine in your wildest dreams, yet we still at times find it hard to see the world from a feminist point of view when it comes to certain topics.
>>
meh do whatever makes you happy
I care more about skincare myself (moisturizers, face masks, getting rid of acne and acne scars) but if makeup is what you want to do then so be it.
>>
>>25096441
>the women in the makeup store all look like robots in their eyes... there is no humanity within person when they shop for makeup... its just so vain and pointless..
Get over yourself. Those women are probably just bored at work, and have completely normal lives. And yes, plenty of women have insecurities, does that make them vain? Do they lack humanity because of it? Or are they just a symptom of a society that really fucking hates ugly women?

Instead of spending time up on your high horse, maybe you should learn to express yourself with correct punctuation and without constant ellipses.
>>
>>25096793
i think getting rid of acne and so on is different from painting one's face to go out in public.
>>
>>25096789
feminism is a joke nowadays, and so are you
>>
>>25096789
Must be patriarchy's fault
>>
>>25096793
>meh do whatever makes you happy
How can I do that if no woman will sleep with me ;_;
>>
>>25096799
how come men who are bored at work dont paint their faces?
>>
>>25096703
No dude, we're not. I've been a feminist my entire life and I will campaign for human rights until I die but makeup is not a feminist issue.

I'm absolutely baffled that you choose to look at makeup as anything other than art and self-expression. Given that it's primarily worn by women I would say that having the power to choose to present one's face in a huge variety of ways is extremely freeing the same way that people can choose what to wear to express themselves, except that there are no laws about makeup you can wear.

Women have this massive opportunity in makeup that many men do not because society mocks men who decorate their faces. There is no shame in makeup.
>>
>>25096787
Capitalization and punctuation are both important if you actually cared about who would be reading your comments.

It lets the reader know when and where sentences start, and when and where one should make pauses while reading.

It's a courtesy.
>>
>>25096832
you can have the courtesy of sucking my big fat cock

deal with it, faggot
>>
>>25096441
Excellent make-up skills can make a 3/10 into a 8/10.

Feminism can fuck right off it's my choice to look damn good.
>>
>>25096809
well i see facial care as improving your face and I assume people use makeup to improve their face as well

unless you are talking about the people that cake on layers of bb cream and concealers and eyeshadow and such
>>
>>25096824
Actually I thought you meant the women who work at the makeup story look like robots. Women in the store are probably just bored shopping then. Or you're imagining it, because many women are genuinely enthusiastic about buying makeup.
>>
>>25096824
men don't need to be pretty, men need to be rugged

bitch are you this dense?
>>
>>25096825
>Given that it's primarily worn by women I would say that having the power to choose to present one's face in a huge variety of ways is extremely freeing the same way that people can choose what to wear to express themselves, except that there are no laws about makeup you can wear.
Some women feel under a lot of pressure to wear makeup, though. While I broadly agree with you, there are some women who wouldn't leave the house without layers of slap on, and generally at least some is expected at all times.

I don't, and people often comment on it. I don't think they should do that, it feels like they are trying to pressure me to spend time and money on something I'm not that fussed about.
>>
File: i-XGVbD4H-L.jpg (88 KB, 450x600) Image search: [Google]
i-XGVbD4H-L.jpg
88 KB, 450x600
>>25096835
You'd be too scared of me to even be able to whip your dick out.

And you'd be right to be scared.
>>
>>25096837
this. makeup increases your value on the dating market. Nobody forces you to participate, but even if you look good, even much uglier girls could look better than you with good makeup
>>
>>25096837
> Feminism can fuck right off it's my choice to look damn good.
You... you do realise it's feminism giving you a choice in the matter at all, right?
>>
>>25096866
oh shit an internet tough guy as well as a grammar nazi?

what a fucking badass, dude. do you keep your knife tucked away on the brim of your fedora, you fucking retard?

shut the fuck up
>>
so stop putting on makeup, just don't complain when men don't pay attention to your ugly ass
>>
>>25096886
No, SHE is the one who is making the choice for HERSELF.
>>
>>25096838
acne removal cremes are not the same as face paint. that is all i say

>>25096842
i meant every single woman in the store. heck even the men they brought in with them look bored but thats irrelevant lol
yeah the last thing i want to do is waste money because im bored
>>
>>25096895
>just don't complain when women peer pressure you into wearing it again
FTFY
>>
>>25096907
Yes... the only reason why she, as a woman, has choices such as how she behaves and what she wears is because feminists fought for that right.
>>
>>25096837
>Feminism can fuck right off it's my choice to look like a clown.
Fixed
>>
>>25096911
i thought i was being rused earlier.

turns out you're actually just some dumb bitch.

topkek
>>
>>25096911
Shopping is usually boring. Who gets excited about routine errands? Who gets excited about work every day? Who gets excited about following their partner to a store full of shit they have no knowledge of?
>>
>>25096913
>just don't complain when women peer pressure you into wearing it again
is this a thing?
>>
>>25096928
shopping for makeup isnt a necessity. its a scam. but then, so it the whole female gender role performance many women chose to carry out
>>
You look better with light makeup. You're onto something when you say its a symptom of society hating ugly women, though. There is nothing wrong with loving yourself but I do not have the liberty to do so, people are trying to shame me into submission at every turn. My self hatred knows no bounds.. I put myself through psychological strife for factors outside my control.. wish people would stop shaming me for being or acting different.
>>
>>25096935
Yes. See:
>>25096854

robotblox
>>
>>25096936
but then, how are they being scammed if its their choice?
>>
If I can pontificate for a bit, for your edification, one of the rules of the Internet is, "there are no girls on the Internet." This rule does not mean what you think it means.

In real life, people like you for being a girl. They want to fuck you, so they pay attention to you and they pretend what you have to say is interesting, or that you are smart or clever. On the Internet, we don't have the chance to fuck you. This means the advantage of being a "girl" does not exist. You don't get a bonus to conversation just because I'd like to put my cock in you.

When you make a post like, "hurr durr, I'm a girl" you are begging for attention. The only reason to post it is because you want your girl-advantage back, because you are too vapid and too stupid to do or say anything interesting without it. You are forgetting the rules, there are no girls on the Internet.

The one exception to this rule, the one way you can get your "girlness" back on the Internet, is to post your tits. This is, and should be, degrading for you, an admission that the only interesting thing about you is your naked body.

tl;dr: tits or GET THE FUCK OUT.
>>
>>25096917
Cant wait for the shitskins to dominate the west

Feminist trash like you will be the first ones to be raped and killed
>>
>>25096935
Women are the main reason other women wear makeup.

>desire to fit in
>competition
>>
>>25096952
Really. The people who have, for their entire lives, fought and stuck up for themselves. Okay.
>>
>>25096947
this motherfucker knows exactly what's up
>>
>>25096935
not unless your friends are peer pressuring assholes. I've never had a makeup-wearing friend try to get me to wear makeup since they know I hate the stuff, but I'd never condemn them for enjoying it.
>>
>>25096955
op here.
it's not just "women" or "men"'s fault. its a mixture of both. think deeper than trying to superficially blame.
of course, since women CHOSE to wear makeup, they have to be held accountable. next, think on WHY they chose it.
>>
It would be great if we could live in a world where makeup has never existed, but it does and over time it's upped the standards so high that the average girl without perfect skin can't compete without a little makeup. I can't blame women for giving into the pressure. You'll notice that men often say women 'look like men' without makeup, and that's because they just look like normal human beings without exaggerated femininity, and that's not good enough. They need longer, blacker eyelashes, pinker lips and cheeks, youthful, glowing skin. Men don't need any of that, in fact it makes them look too young and girly to be attractive.

All I can concede is that the trend of excessively heavy makeup (like contouring and drawing on eyebrows) needs to die. Light makeup is fine, you shouldn't wear so much that it completely covers the natural texture of your skin. I have shit skin thanks to cystic acne as a teen, and I don't quite cover up my scarring because I don't want anyone to get a nasty shock when I'm bare faced.
>>
>>25096955
ok, now use your little pea brain logic to determine, why is it competitive?

because men like it, you fucking dunce.

the faster a woman knows her place in comparison to men, the happier she will be in life. fact.
>>
I hate caked on makeup, I hate kissing girls with layers of makeup, it's just shit

I don't mind small amounts, bit of eye liner or lipstick, but beyond that and it just looks and feels bad
>>
>>25096981
They aren't under duress when they choose to wear makeup and as a feminist you should respect the right of a woman to choose how to live her life.

She wears makeup, she decides what it means for herself, she decides how to express herself to the world around her.
>>
>>25097017
>They aren't under duress when they choose to wear makeup
Some women are. Many women, such me years ago, feel like they have no choice in the matter.

Choosing not to wear makeup is a choice I still have to defend on a regular basis. Someone who is less able to stick up for themself could easily cave in to wearing it again.
>>
Reminder:
>EYELINER
>MASCARA
>LIPSTICK(formal occasions only)

That's all you need, and anything beyond that is clown tier.
>>
>>25096441
In a nutshell, because of the sexual power that young women hold it's natural that a bigger number of females are sought after by the opposite sex than in males. For a single female just about 90% of her same sex peers are a threat to her reproductive success; other females might steal her man (mate poaching) before she has conceived or AFTER she has conceived, meaning that there's no man to raise the offspring and support her which lowers chances of survival.

Because we evolved this way throughout our history, the competition between females even today is extremely bitter and hostile. Males compete overtly in battles which are tests for the better male, who usually gets to mate. In human males, though, these battles are even less frequent because of how social we are. The same can't be said for women however, for their competition is covert and consists of complicated social manipulation and planning.

How does this manifest in our modern and civilized society? Females compete fiercely with another by trying one-up themselves in attractiveness. Since just about every female in an industrial society doesn't leave the house without mascara, a girl looking to attract a mate and not wearing make-up finds herself severely handicapped.

If make-up is degrading then it is the women who degrade themselves by using it. We often fail to realize this, but women aren't very civilized amongst each other, in a true sense of the word. That's why many women can't get along with one another. Remove the competition, remove the obsession over looks.. although there's multiple other factors when it comes to obsession over one's appearance.
>>
>>25097017
As a feminist I have a responsibility to discuss freely and honestly what I think and feel about my and all women's choices... Because we have to work together. Stop trying to censor me .
>>
I don't care for makeup because it feels like lies.
And I also hate the smell.
And the feel of being filthy.
And the money that could be spent on video games or something,
It blows I have rosacea though.
>>
>>25097070
You rock.
>>
>>25097035
Legbeard plz go.

Make-up is a tool to make you look better. Pick your reason, mine is confidence. There is no "pressure" outside of your own mind.

Think of it like a guy trimming his beard. Do you want a wild unkempt neckbeard looking motherfucker or a Sean Connery?

You're the type of bitch to use a nasty ass "menstrual cup" and claim it's fighting the patriarchy.
>>
>>25096652
So you are a man hating dyke post on tumblr retard
>>
>>25097047
>That's why many women can't get along with one another.
No it's not, stop with the retarded pseudo science. You're right about competition but your conclusion is wrong. Competition with other women is indirect- attractive women will beat you out but you probably won't know them. They are more likely to be models, celebrities, porn stars, strangers, his ex gf, 2D characters, etc than people you know personally. Makeup isn't evidence of women being unable to get along, in fact most women tend to bond over it and help each other out with it.
>>
who /steal mom's makeup/ here??

works really well to cover up pimples on dudes.
>>
>>25097098
There is absolutely pressure. My own mother, when I was ready to leave the house, would say "YOU FORGOT YOUR MAKEUP!". 'Friends' would say "Oh, you're not wearing any makeup. Can I do it for you?". Colleagues would say "You look tired. Oh! You haven't done your makeup!".

Now, I only do it for special occasions. And people still make a huge fuss about how great I look when I do it, then act surprised when I'm back to my normal ugly mug the next day.

Also I have an implant and I'm one of those lucky people who it stops their periods totally. 5/7 perfect, would recommend.
>>
>>25097070
What's rosacea?
>>
>>25097139
I'm feeling you. What do you use? That skin colored shit in the oyster shells?
>>
>>25096441
Get off of 4Chan you stupid whore.

We don't need idiotic women like you trying to make this site another "safe space".

Go back to Tumblr, bitch.
>>
File: 113776.jpg (6 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
113776.jpg
6 KB, 259x194
>>25097076
Pff thanks, anon.

>>25097174
It's a skin condition that makes your cheeks and/or nose look flushed. Often times people with very fair skin and who blush a lot end up getting it.
>>
>>25096967
>The people who have, for their entire lives, fought and stuck up for themselves.

doesn't mean shit in real world unless you have that bad mean patriarchy backing and protecting you

you are only allowed to exist because the patriarchy wants it for their own reasons, slave
>>
>>25097151
Your anecdotal evidence means literally nothing, and implies you maybe a hide troll. I never hear that shit and I only wear make-up like 20% of the time (when I want to feel good).
>>
>>25097230
"troll" is always a valid argument.
>>
>>25097176
i used to just use whatever foundation she was using. we have similar skin tones. this was back in high school, nowadays i cover up pimples with my beard and don't really get many. i used to have a bunch around my mouth though. the only thing is i would sweat a lot i remember and it would bleed down onto my lips sometimes. so i started constantly licking them to test for the taste of makeup.
>>
>>25097230
*hideous

Lol
>>
>>25097230
Well good for you. Your experience =/= that of all women.
>>
>>25097244
Troll as in lives under a bridge asking riddles uggo, not internet weirdo
>>
I don't wear makeup but I don't see the harm in it if other women like to. It does make them look prettier. Men definitely notice it, for sure. I think you're thinking too much into it. There's no reason to get offended about it.

FYI: you can make your own makeup or buy all-natural makeup where the ingredients are listed. It's not very difficult.
>>
>>25097222
That's fucking adorable :3
>>
>>25097109
the conclusion isn't wrong, you just misunderstood it because you fail to differentiate the one sentence, intended as a side note, from the overall post.
>>
Women confirmed for absolute fucking retards.
>>
File: Rosacea.jpg (74 KB, 900x620) Image search: [Google]
Rosacea.jpg
74 KB, 900x620
>>25097281
yeah, very

you fucking retard
>>
>>25097298
I want to touch it.

I want to tease it by lighting brushing my finger tips across it.

I want to lick up the side of your face.

Jk, you're gross
>>
>>25097298
Wasn't expecting that t.b.h
It's not the worst thing I've seen though. Would date
>>
>>25096441
>you go girl! the post

kill yourself you useless trash, you sound like you have major daddy issues

fucking die
>>
>>25097318
let's see... who would women rather be around?
exhibit A
>you go girl!
exhibit B
>go die
>>
File: rosacea.jpg (147 KB, 700x891) Image search: [Google]
rosacea.jpg
147 KB, 700x891
>>25097281
Mine isn't as bad as >>25097298 thank goodness. There are three different kinds of rosacea and I don't have that type where you get bumps and stuff. My cheeks look more like this lady here.
>>
>>25097336
>women

top kek

you're just some feminist cunt, not a woman

stop kidding yourself
>>
>>25097366
That looks more like what I expected when I said it's adorable.
>>
>>25097336
actually many would prefer
>exhibit B
>go die

you might realize it when you grow up
>>
File: 1447581693294.jpg (54 KB, 428x445) Image search: [Google]
1447581693294.jpg
54 KB, 428x445
>>25097456
>manchild

this is how i know when roastie gets toasty
>>
File: porn.jpg (448 KB, 907x907) Image search: [Google]
porn.jpg
448 KB, 907x907
>>25096441
>I feel like makeup degrades women

Women can't be degraded, only upgraded.
>>
>>25096441

There's a sizeable portion of guys who hate makeup. Probably not the majority, but it's not obscure either.
>>
>>25097851
why did you post that picture? you guys are fucking weird.
>>
>>25097953

Because Morgan Freeman's voice adds bonus authority points to any opinion posted.
>>
Yes I'm ugly deal with it and stop acting like you're so good when you're on r9k, bitch.
>>
>>25098250
Post pic fugly
>>
Makeup is one of the most successful scams around.

You cover your face in chemicals to hide imperfections and look better, when those chemicals harm your skin even more, forcing you to buy more to cover them up.

It's an endless spiral which costs a fuckton of money in the long run, and fuels an industry which is absurdly harmful to the environment.

Pro tip for both guys and girls: Just cover your dumb fucking face in honey.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3611628/
>>
most of the girls robots fawn over are caked up, you just don't know it
>>
make up makes women look exactly the same.
like anime basically.
or those pics of K-pop groups and they all look like identical twins, it's because of make up.

you can only have so many styles, just like you can only have so many harmonies acceptable to the human ear, there are only so many colors and so on and so forth.
>>
>all these guys think makeup makes a girl pretty

I actually hate makeup, I think it's pretty gross to cake your face with beauty products. Besides if a girl is young and looks decent all they have to do is not get fat, shower/brush teeth/and shave regularly. I'm sick of seeing girls coated in makeup or smelling their perfume from like 5 away.
>>
>>25098719
Can you imagine if aliens came down to earth right now. How would we explain that the human females refuse to go outside their homes without wearing a mask? They would look at us like we're crazy.
>>
i think it looks too unnatural. girls with too much make up seem to have no pleasing beauty (i'm avoiding the word aesthetic so i don't get sent back to tumblr) i used to wear makeup, but now it's just uncomfortable for me.
>>
>>25097047
>How does this manifest in our modern and civilized society? Females compete fiercely with another by trying one-up themselves in attractiveness.

Are you serious?

How the fuck is it even competitive, getting a guy to care for you as a female is incredibly easy as long as you don't set the bar higher than most guys can achieve. All the competition is artificial because you narrow the potential pool of mates right off the bat. It's significantly more competitive for guys which is clearly evident by how many of them opt out and give up. Fuck off out of here with this "fierce competition" nonsense
>>
>>25098841

you're missing the point. men don't even come into play here, its just women trying to look better than one another.
>>
>>25098838
P I C S
I
C
S
Show us natural beauty femanon
>>
>>25098841
I presume you're male judging by the utter incomprehension and idiocy of your post.
>>
>>25098990
I can comprehend it just fine.. think this is a problem on your end familia
>>
>>25096947
Get over yourself, pal.
>>
>>25098524
Not sure about the honey but great post. OP here
>>
>>25098857
All I'm saying is it's their own fault. This "comprtitiveness" that causes women to wear make up as you explained is actually artificiality enforced by women's high stanfards. They pretty much always have a safety backup so the impulse to compete is diminished. Saying that women wear makeup to compete for men is overstating the role competition plays in their motivation, and it is not enough to explain why they actually go out of their way to wear it.
Theres plenty of legitimate reasons they do it that has nothing to do with "fierce competition" for guys.
Thread replies: 139
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.