[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who's in the wrong? Normies vs Robots
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 7
File: thinkingofspud.jpg (20 KB, 450x372) Image search: [Google]
thinkingofspud.jpg
20 KB, 450x372
Are we social outcasts because we 'just don't get it' or is there something more to this phenomenon?

It seems in order to be socially successful you have to constantly give in to these ideologies that people on sites like this tend to reject.

Take for example social media. This is absolutely a normie custom and if you're a real robot then you know you don't function properly in this arena for an array of reasons, but it is also an absolute requirement in order to keep suspicions from others about you being 'off' complacent.

Another more critical aspect of being a normie is tagging along with the trending views popping up globally consisting of simply accepting every and all possible ways of life whether it simply be homosexuality or more extreme factors such as transgenders.

I don't know it just seems like there's this wave we have to attempt to keep up with if we want some of the riches that is social acceptance, sex, etc. and maybe I'm waking up to the fact that it's all a consumerist reel?
>>
File: 1430260959216.jpg (6 KB, 300x200) Image search: [Google]
1430260959216.jpg
6 KB, 300x200
We're seeing a surreal situation wherein the establishment and authority has adopted the terminology of revolution.

Controversial people have always been censored and suppressed by "the powers that be", but now "the powers that be" are calling themselves the "revolutionaries."
>>
It doesn't really matter.
Normans are the majority so they will always be viewed as the good guys.
It's their society.
>>
>>25096291
But the people reeling the normies into their ideologies keep on changing. The normies really aren't at fault since they can't see. They are blind and real revolutionist would try to show them how lost in the cave they really are. Either that or maybe try your hand at being part of the controlling factor in the next system. Jump onto the ship before the rest catch on.
>>
or maybe it really is just the Jews.
>>
>>25096329
Yeah I don't know what ur talkin about now.
I think it's just capitalism and the free market.
Everything is a meme. Going to see the new Sta Wars movie is like going to church 50 years ago or whatever.

>>25096348
Why do banks need to be private?
Why is it not controlled by the government?
>>
I muse on this a lot. Fake robot, but real KV.

It always baffled me that any one side can be considered even marginally better than the other. Sure, most normies are mindless wastes of space with no real redeemable qualities, but most robots are socially inept sexual deviants with aspirations summing up to either rape or suicide.

Normies are slaves to wages go stay afloat and maintain some semblance of control over their ultimately inconsequential lives, but robots waste an equal amount of time playing video games and eating shitty food their mom bought them. Neither side wins.

I'm somewhere in between, and even then life is still pretty shitty. Everyone is fucked.
>>
>>25096265
Yeah it's pretty strange, the next revolution will be manufactured by the elite, but maybe they all have been.
>>
>>25096389
Robots aren't feeding the system by going out and endlessly spending and using their time to be walking billboards so fellow citizens can aspire one day to waste as much time and money on similar fashion and lifestyle expenses.
>>
Normies are the bad ones. They've been conditioned in a society to feel no remorse, no shame, no compassion and no empathy. Consumerism is their entire lives. Competition gives way to consumerism and so they are competitive as well.
>>
I think my biggest obstacle to being a normie is some kind of learning disability that went undiagnosed. Dumb weirdos are nearly never normies. Normies are average to above-average in terms of intellect.
>>
>>25096220
>Are we social outcasts because we 'just don't get it'

of course not, normies are literally fucking retarded and don't understand anything and they manage to be normies just fine.

they just fit the mold that normie society wants people to fit in and we don't so we get chewed up and discarded

normies don't like to think about this, in large part because normies don't like to think, so they make up shit about how it's our fault and we're the ones choosing to be this way
>>
>>25096464
But they also don't contribute anything of value to anyone. Not in the form of communication, services, ideas, goals etc

See what I'm getting at? There's a strange universal balance at work. Being a normie is bullshit, but being a robot isn't any better.
>>
>>25096389
You make a lot of bullshit assumptions about robots.
A large percentage of NEETs are just failed normalfags.
>>
>>25096482
I'm pretty sure the #1 trait required to be a normie is agreeableness which might serve to further condemn them.

Think of it in terms of a salesman. Do you think they guy would rather interact with a customer that's willing to accept all his garbage claims on what a great product he's selling or would he rather interact with a skeptical personality?
>>
>>25096501
I know what you're getting at but I don't think you understand what I'm trying to tell you.

I'm saying that there is no greater thing to contribute than to my own life. I think it's pretty much established that there is no one meaning to life except the one you make for yourself. By contributing to the system you're basically contributing to someone else's 'dream'. This is why the rich keep on getting richer and keep on rising to the top. You need to stop and think, 'when I work these 40 hour weeks at this job I absolutely hate for this dimwit of a boss just so I have enough money to pay my dickhead of a landord, who am I exactly living my life for?'.
>>
>>25096517
All skeptics are just edgy teenagers that couldn't learn to grow up.
>>
I don't think either is good or bad, each group wants to exterminate the other but that is just the way life is.
>>
>>25096517
I was going to do a research project once on agreeableness and social fulfillment but I'm a zero and nothing panned out.
>>
>>25096507
In the same way that it's popular among bots to make bullshit blanket assumptions about normies.

A lot of normies are actually virgins, closeted deviants, are terrified of their uncertain future and likely contemplate suicide often. Not everything is so black and white; that's the crux of my argument
>>
>>25096554
Do you think being a skeptic is a bad thing or do you just not believe there are any true skeptics left in the world?
>>
>>25096586
Expressing any kind of disagreement with other people is usually bad if it's not playful or reflective of genuine curiosity.
>>
File: 140666565456.gif (179 KB, 375x375) Image search: [Google]
140666565456.gif
179 KB, 375x375
>>25096583
>A lot of normies are actually virgins
Everything after this is fair though.
>>
>>25096586
It's an edgy and juvenile thing that only contrarians do.
Contrarians are always teenagers or manchildren.
>>
>>25096591
>playful
true intellectual discussion would be devoid of any emotional attachment whatsoever. It's easier to tell the truth when you have scorn over the guy you're arguing with.
>>
>>25096630
how is not being easily convinced anything other than reasonable?
>>
>>25096664
Not him, but I think it's a bit more deep-seated

It's possible he's referencing the type of people that are just needlessly incorrigible, to the point where nothing at all is accomplished through talking to them. For them, there can be no "real" truth, but they swear by that idea as if it were true.

Pisses me off as well.
>>
>>25096704
That sounds like /pol/ to me but maybe I'm just a jew.
>>
File: 1445872283031.jpg (14 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
1445872283031.jpg
14 KB, 480x480
I've always been sort of half-normie half-robot, a cyborg so to say. Really just because I've spent too much time playing vidya and browsing the net to interact with normies as I've grown up (I'm 18 years old currently, but been lurking for a while). I think what sets me apart from the normies while still not being full NEET, is that I feel a bit more enlightened, though some might call it endarkened, as I've been enveloped in a depressive perspective of realism lately, something I think a lot of /r9k/ can relate to. Years of failed socializing, being excluded, bullying etc. have made a lot of us be afraid of socialization, embracing culture and media that is liked by normies, and especially, accept ideas that normies accept and promote.

I think it's a natural instinct, we feel as if we've been excluded from the system of Facebook, Tinder, dating, parties, hanging out, texting, relationships, intimacy, and of course acceptance. I don't think it's the jews that control everything, that controls the normies to be "sheeple" and think the way they think. There's no greater agenda to this, I think this is just how it's always been. You might see the occasional questionable subliminal "black man and white woman" in kids cartoons etc. but I don't think that's really part of it. Humans hunt in packs, and normies try to agree with each other and relate to each others interests and humor, as long as they deem it "normal" or atleast as something that won't garner negative attention. They just go with the flow, and robots are not part of the flow. They stand outside of it and question it, seeing what runs past and they think "hey, those twilight movies look fucking dumb why are guys taking all their female friends to see it" etc.

The normie way of life is most likely the happiest way of life. Even if they are blinded by the blue-pilled culture, ask yourself this. If you had a sweet little girl or boy born right now, would you want them to be a robot or a normie?
>>
File: 1449638205054.jpg (17 KB, 285x279) Image search: [Google]
1449638205054.jpg
17 KB, 285x279
>>25096867
>I've always been sort of half-normie half-robot
>I'm 18 years old currently
>I feel a bit more enlightened, though some might call it endarkened
>I'm a faggot.......(the rest of this autistic bullshit)
You don't belong here kid. You'd fit in a lot better at Reddit.
Go there and don't come back.

>I think what sets me apart from the normies while still not being full NEET...
Oh for fucks sake. Not all NEETs are robots and not all robots are NEETs.
You're an idiot.
>>
>>25096220

To me, what differentiates a robot from the rest of society is that robots are basically people who experience depression and instead of getting coddled by others like some (mostly attractive people) do, they're generally ignored or condemned.

It's the reason why Tumblr is seen as a safe haven for depression and a generally accepted and mainstream site while 4chan is seen as the dark recesses of the internet.
It's the reason why men are 4 times more likely to commit suicide than women.
It's the reason why unattractive girls tend to become extreme tumblr feminists.
It's the reason why some people experience depression and some people experience "depression".

Basically, robots are society's rejects, the lost, depressed souls of the world just trying to find a reason, one fucking reason to keep going. They've been eaten away by bitterness because unlike so many others, their issues and pain are not sympathized with, but either ignored or laughed at.

Why is Tumblr praised for being a loving community where young (mostly female) people with mental issues can go and openly discuss their innermost thoughts and feelings while 4chan is seen as a horrific cesspool of the most pathetic people on earth? I mean, Tumblr has horrific mysandry, racial prejudice (mostly against white people), and hate speech (they probably tell each other to kill themselves more often than we do), so why is all that shit ignored? Because despite Tumblr and 4chan being opposite sides of the same coin, Tumblr is where the "desirables" go to when they're feeling down.

Women who get eaten up by bitterness and hatred toward men because nobody ever gives them love and affection become feminist extremists, who are still somewhat accepted by society. Men who get eaten up by bitterness and hatred toward women because nobody ever gives them love and affection are considered loser misogynists who are worthless in every sense of the word.

(cont)
>>
>>25097258

(cont)

Generally speaking, women and attractive/socially skilled men have society to offer sympathy and coddle them when life gets them down. It's why you hear all these bullshit stories about people going through "oh so severe depression" only for it to be all fixed when some beautiful girl/guy comes into their life and showers them with attention.

Simply put, society has no sympathy for the "undesirables", or men with depression who don't have the means to pull themselves out of it. While most decent looking girls are gonna have 20 guys sitting and listening to their every last problem, most depressed guys would kill to just have one person (preferably a girl) who will actually listen and care about their struggles and pain. But that shit never happens because men are seen as the disposable ones. It's not the role we've been given by society. No, when you're a man and run into a problem, you fix it yourself, despite the fact that depression and bitterness can almost never be fixed on your own.

Robots are the ones who got the shit end of the stick. They're the ones who need love and compassion perhaps more than anyone else, but due to their crippling depression and social anxiety, they never find anyone to help them because society demands that the men be the ones who find love.

And with that lack of love and compassion eventually comes bitterness. People scoff at our hatred for society because they've never felt such apathy from their peers, even during difficult times. When things went south for them, they had an army of friends, family, and potential romantic interests there to ensure that they feel loved and accepted. Robots feel the opposite, simply getting more and more bitter rejection the further down the rabbit hole they go.
>>
I don't think you need to be involved in any of the things the OP is claiming you need to do to be accepted. It's more that it just seems that way and it is incredibly easy to pick overt, obvious things and mistake them for answers.

The truth is all of the shit you are missing are things other people naturally developed years ago and totally take for granted.
>>
No, we're outcasts because we suck at being social. Normies tend to have a kind of tribal mentality and we are unable to weasel our way in. Make no mistake though, robots are about as low as you can get in this social hierarchy, heavily marginalized and thoroughly shamed (hurr u mak ureself a victim). My liberty has been stripped, society dictates I conform or risk being shunned. There is no winning, if you point it out they do mental gymnastics to rationalize treating you like shit. Any way you slice it, you're cucked. Please dear god let me have SOMETHING.
>>
>>25097258
>>25097341

this. for society to do anything more than ignore a robot, you must either act in the most pitiable way, or become some kind of scuttling monstrosity that makes their skin crawl to see.
>>
>>25096220

In my opinion it isn't one or the other, it's both.

We have views and habits that other people find disagreeable, but they have disgusting views and habits in our eyes.

On the other hand, if most robots are unattractive manlet NEETs then normo culture is literally shunning us. They won't openly claim that they don't like us because we are ugly, not to our face, but in their heads and in their texts they are vicious.

In their defense, the NEET lifestyle is childish, and the fact that most of us, even if only jokingly, talk about women as a lesser species. We belittle minorities and talk crap about gays that they disagree with.

So for the most part it's their fault, but at least they have justification for it. We have little justification in their eyes, but we dislike them for clear reasons.
>>
>>25097341
A few months back I wrote a personal essay that I think you might find interesting. It's a bit wordy, but bear with me

http://pastebin [] com/0HDzUyhs
>>
File: VUw6LIS.jpg (109 KB, 841x797) Image search: [Google]
VUw6LIS.jpg
109 KB, 841x797
>>25097547

Well, that hit home pretty hard.
>>
>>25097777
Quads confirm.

Thanks for reading mate. Felt weird to keep something like that to myself after spending so much time writing it.
>>
File: SmM6LWQNS0A.jpg (254 KB, 817x1000) Image search: [Google]
SmM6LWQNS0A.jpg
254 KB, 817x1000
The issue I see is robots labeling these criteria to be a normie.

We tend to take specifics from a person and build an ideal normie or robot when it isn't black and white. Some robots will protest that there are certain traits that makes you fit in here but that is not the case.

You can have friends and be successful without dipping into the typical portrayal of a normie, you don't have to deal with their bullshit, enjoy the same things as them etc., what matters is your character and how you present yourself.

I think the main difference between a robot and a normie is confidence in yourself or lack of giving a shit. When you don't give a shit you have an established character and if you're not in school then normies will pretty much accept you for you and you'll fit in somewhere.

I do believe motivation should lie somewhere behind all of this, motivation to do something with yourself for yourself so that you have a clear goal you are striving for. Everything else will fall into place.

I don't think either side s right or wrong, both just misunderstand each other.
>>
>>25097835
>I think the main difference between a robot and a normie is confidence in yourself or lack of giving a shit.

not really though

the difference is that when a normie doesn't give a shit, it's fine because there's actually nothing for him to give a shit about

if a robot tries to not give a shit, he'll promptly be reminded by normies that no, not giving a shit does not in any way apply to him, he needs to give a shit at all times lest he offend and repulse his betters.
>>
>>25097798
that was a nice read desu

thanks for writing it
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.