[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it possible to become a super man? I don't mean in terms
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: 1425105969300.jpg (28 KB, 445x363) Image search: [Google]
1425105969300.jpg
28 KB, 445x363
Is it possible to become a super man? I don't mean in terms of powers. I mean in terms of having a strong moral compass and acting on it for the greater good. I look at today's generation of men and I see not only sex starved, but compassion starved individuals. We are so lonely we have decided to have no path in life. It should still be possible to find direction though. If men did it yesterday, men can do it today, and even tomorrow.
>>
Only if you won the genetic lottery, and you didn't
>>
>>25094450
>greater good

You sound like a tremendous faggot. Self-righteousness is for idiots. Implying you know what's best for everyone makes you nothing but a demagogue.
>>
>>25094466
Not OP but I've been told I look a lot like Superman.

Too bad I'm autistic
>>
I'm not here to preach though. I just feel like this isn't discussed enough. I certainly haven't reach that point in life myself. To reach it one must ignore base sexual desire and remain above pettiness. That's obviously tough to do. Girls play a part in this too. How is a guy supposed to get motivated when he can't even find a proper girlfriend. I think society today may be fucked but it probably feels really fucking good to develop yourself into something more.
>>
>>25094466
OP here, and that's nonsense. I'm tall and handsome. I've accomplished nothing with my life thus far. Uglier and shorter men have done way more than what I ever have. There's simply no excuse and yet we all choose to live a life of nothingness rather than achieving greatness.
>>
>>25094450

It's called being Confucian where you aim to be the "superior man".
>>
>>25094473
Consider my fedora tipped.
>>25094528
There are so many philosophies out there that cover this and yet I'm too lazy to look any of them up. This lack of motivation seems to have hit a lot of us. Fuck, even if you research this shit there's still nothing that gets any of us to get up and start applying those teachings to ourselves.
>>
>>25094495

>one must ignore base sexual desire

Why? Whats wrong with having sex?
>>
>>25094565
Making love is part of the good man's journey. Meaningless sex isn't though. Look at hook up culture, do people who partake in that seem like upstanding people to you? It's just the way it is.
>>
File: 1atticusmain.jpg (41 KB, 556x314) Image search: [Google]
1atticusmain.jpg
41 KB, 556x314
>>25094450
No. The best thing you can do is to raise your kids to have empathy.
>>
>>25094581

>people I dont like do thing x
>thing x must be bad
>>
Stop looking for direction and choose it.
>>
>>25094645
You're putting your kids at a disadvantage if they happen to be autistic. If they're female or non-autistic then yeah, empathy will help them in life and is def the way to go.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.