[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
In order to gain attention, I will browntext these stories.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: fullkek.png (6 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
fullkek.png
6 KB, 250x250
That feeling when I have passed the age of thirty, and again given some serious thought to the notion of any sort of intimate human companionship, whether male or female.
That feeling when, for various reasons, I have consciously decided not to seek this out in any way, concluding for various reason that my solitude is best for all parties, and not out of any edginess or shyness.
That feeling when I can have some good succour with the absence of STDs, unwanted permanent yoking to society by means of a knock-up or pregnancy for which I am become liable for the rest of my life, a legal marriage, or the other typical traps of adulthood.
That feeling when, fedoras and memes notwithstanding, a certain atheistic nihilism is in fact the most intellectually honest outlook on life.
That good feeling when unlike earlier people, I was born just time to be able to have comforts unknown to them who lived before.
>>
>>25092858
post your hat rack
>>
>>25092858
>concluding for various reason that my solitude is best for all parties, and not out of any edginess or shyness
For what reason, then?
>>
>>25092891
are you having a riff meme lad, or is that some computer thing?

(ball caps in the closet desu)
>>
All of the traps your ancestors fell into, all of the poverty they endured, all of the obligations they honored, it was all for the purpose of causing you to exist, a being completely content to enjoy the result of their efforts in isolated comfort until it all becomes nothing.
>>
>>25092982
can you tell me who you are irl so i can see to it that this is engraved on your tombstone?
>>
>>25092982
it's a beautiful sentiment, in its way. the endgame of all normie struggle, writ small via neetbux etc
>>
>>25093040
seems like nihilism is a self-fulfilling prophecy, then. If you live like there's no purpose, then when you die, the purpose for which everything before you had lived dies with you.
>>
>>25092982
Looks like we've fallen into the greatest trap of all: one of our own design.
>>
>>25093086

It's interesting. The family life was unusually conducive to this outlook.

Loving and calm, there was never any particular push to do this or that. Dad an atheist, mom a quiet protestant. They actually did not plan on having a kid (something I only fully appreciated around early adulthood), and once they had me, although they do love me and did not resent me (if they had, I would have picked up on it as a child, as any well-adjusted human knows), it was clear that they did not want more kids. Mom got her tubes tied during my early teens, thereby foreclosing any other siblings, which I didn't mind at all.
>>
>>25093187
I guess you're just a happy accident who inherited your parent's nihilism. I can't put it forth as some kind of moral imperative to carry your ancestral banner through your life to give purpose to their struggle, I can't say that you're wrong for not wanting to do that, but if I met a version of myself who felt the way you do about it, I'd be sick.

That's just because of where I come from. My patriarchal lineage has lived off of a particular piece of land for 8 generations, nine including myself. Each one of them has taken what we were given and turned it into more than it was, and has provided a better life for the next generation than what they had for themselves. I don't know further back than my grandfather, but I know that he's acknowledged my father to be more intelligent and resourceful than he, and my father has acknowledged the same for me. Part of the purpose of my life, as I see it, is to ensure that my son has the capacity to exceed me as every man in my line has exceeded his progenitor.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.