[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>got exams back >had a 90 in the class >made a 10 on
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 156
Thread images: 18
File: mc ride considering suicide.jpg (214 KB, 1077x944) Image search: [Google]
mc ride considering suicide.jpg
214 KB, 1077x944
>got exams back
>had a 90 in the class
>made a 10 on the final exam
>finals are 50% of the final grade
>still in shock that I fucked up this hard
>have to retake the class next semester

JUST
>>
>>25092017
How does one get a 10% on an exam?
>>
>>25092061
Calc 2

The teacher ran out of time, so it was all multiple choice, A-J. And at least half of the answers were the same, or so it seemed.
>>
>>25092061
Not OP but I got 1% today, already emailed the prof and we arranged a meet so I can take a look at the exam, I have no idea it was even possible to get a score this low without handing it in blank
>>
idktf bro i took 18 hours of the most brutal courses available this semester and got all A's

just another day in the life

signed, tyrone

p.s. stacy was too tight for me
>>
>>25092105
Your women's studies courses don't count, Tyrique. Fuck outta here and pull yo fucking pants up.
>>
>>25092017
loser,I didn't even study but I passed every final
>>
>>25092141
Computer engineering NIGGA

kneel the way stacy did
>>
>>25092194
Aww that's cute. What did you learn this semester? How to apply for food stamps?
>>
>>25092194
>being in uni
>2015

Enjoy that student debt, wasted years you could have been getting work experience, 4 years of lost salary, and wasted time on gen eds. Degrees aren't worth it anymore. Should have taken a trade instead. 4 years work experience and salary and investments would put you WAY ahead of the curve. And you could always go back later when you're ready to promote to management and your company will pay for your degree.
>>
>>25092245
Maybe i want a real career instead of some fucking hick job like unclogging toilets for a living
>>
>>25092245
maybe what you said is true for degrees like history but engineering isnt at that point yet
>>
File: 1444404563565.png (263 KB, 1179x897) Image search: [Google]
1444404563565.png
263 KB, 1179x897
>>25092245
says the god damn NEET

I bet you dont even have a real job, and spout the words WAGEKEK at people
>>
>>25092259
>Maybe i want a real career instead of some fucking hick job like unclogging toilets for a living

Yeah I'll have a large iced pumpkin spice latte, with whipped cream.

Real career, are you kidding me? Degrees no longer guarantee that and work experience is prized far more than education in EVERY field. Have fun fighting H-1B visa faggots for entry level jobs paying $20k/yr.
>>
I failed every one of my classes this year. Don't feel bad senpai
>>
>>25092294
No I'm just bitter because I made the same mistake. I'm a military welfare queen now so I can pay debts.
>>
>>25092017
I aced all of my exams and graduated magna cum laude and I'm a part time night janitor and started out my adult life so irreparably in debt that I will always be a renter, I will always be in debt and will always be a wage cuck.
Just drop out now.
>>
>>25092295
Yes I'm sure 4 years at some dead end minimum wage job or some redneck trade will increase my chances of getting a job in engineering, compared to a degree and internship experience.

Just because you didn't get accepted into college doesn't mean you think your poor life choices is a good decision for everyone.
>>
>>25092291
Engineering's at that point NOW and was at that point 3 years ago as well.

>take out $20k/yr loans for 4 years for engineering degree
>$80k debt total on graduation
>get shitty $30k/yr job
>with promotions and everything it takes 7-10 years to pay back student loans and reach zero net worth again

Compared to
>start at zero net worth
>start working a trade like HVAC or plumbing or electrician
>getting paid right away
>get taught a valuable skill you can take anywhere in the industry
>4 years later can have lots of savings to invest and work experience

At what point does the engineering student catch up to the tradesman in lifetime earnings? It depends on your assumptions but it's probably when they're both in their late 30s, early 40s. But because the tradesman has more money in his early years he can support a family BETTER than the engineer, who must wait later in life to reproduce.
>>
File: 1449796304166.jpg (51 KB, 604x550) Image search: [Google]
1449796304166.jpg
51 KB, 604x550
>Bust my ass on a final essay
>Like, 3 hours a night for weeks
>Turn it in
>40/100
>Friend who did it the night before got a 95

Fuck me.

Who /stupid/ here?
>>
>>25092399
lol IT'S WORSE THAN THAT POINT
My degree is in chemical engineering. Magna cum laude.
A fucking JANITOR. PART-TIME! I make $700 a month! I've been living like this for a year now! Ha ha!
>>
>>25092017
maybe they just used the wrong key to grade your test by accident?
>>
File: 1407845861411.png (119 KB, 635x493) Image search: [Google]
1407845861411.png
119 KB, 635x493
>trying to get a qt Indian girl to let me help her with math homework

it's like trying to defuse a bomb.

I've never approached a girl in my life so I'm probably being really awkward and coming off as thirsty. truth is I would be completely okay with being her friend. I'm so lonely and I just want people to hang out with. the only reason I'm even messaging her is because she messaged first.
>>
>>25092466
Are you willing to be a good goyim? The military loves to hire college grads with engineering degrees to be officers. That's what I'm doing with my degree in biomedical engineering. I make about $50k/yr and it's just my first year, next summer I get my first raise and it'll push me up to $60k/yr.

I was 100% NEET my first 18 months out of college. Couldn't even work as a janitor. Thank god my recruiter helped me get in.
>>
>>25092017
Don't hesitate to contact the teacher to make sure there has been no mistake made. Happens to me quite often, 0 or 1 time per semester.
>>
>>25092512
Wow, 50k to get shot at for Israel. No thanks, I'll keep vacuuming office buildings.
>>
>>25092512
What do people even do with 50k a year?
>>
>>25092399
sweet generalizations man. im a 2nd year with 5k debt so far. if i cant find a job after graduation, i can join the air force as an engineering officer with 60k starting.

trades are a good choice too, which i would have went with if i was too dumb for engineering.

also:
>start at zero net worth
>start working a trade like HVAC or plumbing or electrician
doesnt work like that, unless you have connections. you have to go to school first too.

you obviously have something against uni students. in some cases university is a good choice, some times it isnt, but youre too spiteful to admit/realize it
>>
>>25092017
Final year, missed 2 deadlines worth 100% of the module. Not sure what to do. Will they let me resubmit/resit the assignment next semester?

I have the dreaded wait till monday until I can call uni and ask them. If I can't, that's it, degree over. I failed on the last fucking year. This is going to be the longest weekend of my life.
>>
>>25092537
ever heard of chair force?
>>
>>25092547
50% to the government
30% to rent
15% to insurance
5% for food and a ticket to see normie wars and sip starcucks
>>
>>25092547
I'm paying off $80k of student loans. Literally as fast as possible, other than rent it's the only thing I spend money on. The other officers don't really know how much of a poorfag I am.

Once I'm done paying it back I plan to save up a couple years' worth of salary, then buy some rural land near the amish, marry an amish girl, and homestead. I'm tired of normies.
>>
>>25092578
Just to clarify, that was 2 separate modules too. They had an assignment each worth 100%. As fucking usual, left it to last minute, no way I could do a semesters worth of work in one night. Both had the same day AND time deadline too. Maybe if I focused one just one on the night, instead of trying to do both, it would have worked out better for me, and I would have been able to submit.

Please jesus, let me redo them. FUCK FUCK FUCK. Three fucking years.
>>
>>25092628
That's right, I forgot about the student loans, higher education is much cheaper where I am.
>>
>>25092094
>fucking up on multiple choice test
fucking lol
>>
i got As in all my classes. still have a 4.0 and i'm 3 semesters in.

it's nice to be smart.
>>
>>25092640
Yeah that must suck, I have problems with procrastination too.. Never got as bad as your case though. I hope you can do it again anon!
If you retake the classes next semester, couldn't you just do it then? I'm not familiar with american education system.
>>
>>25092353
not going to college
poor life choice

nigger you're crazy
>>
>>25092684
>muh 4.0
only impressive if it's for a respectable degree
>>
>>25092571
https://www.psejatc.org/
It's called an apprenticeship and they pay you while they train you. Then when you're done you can be a contractor or join the union for massive benefits.

Yes I'm bitter about my experience with uni but the facts are clear: uni is no longer worth it, even for engineering. There's nothing wrong with taking a trade for a few years and getting established before going back to uni when you can afford to pay tuition up front, when lack of a degree actually starts holding back your career (hint: unless you're trying to get into real UPPER management, it won't hold you back).
>>
>>25092017

>do all this work
>maintain solid A-
>one fucking exam thrusts you into failure

god I fucking hate this system we have its fucking shit
>>
>failed community college, 25 years old
>started in 2009
just
>>
File: 1450021962101.jpg (394 KB, 1280x1920) Image search: [Google]
1450021962101.jpg
394 KB, 1280x1920
>had all As on mid terms
>got apathetic as fuck during this last week
>still have to turn in an essay and I am crossing my fingers the prof will take it other wise I will have to do a two week session for it
>will probably get straight Bs right before I am about to transfer to a real ass college im in cc right now

Thank God the law school im trying to get into has an average LSAT of 158 otherwise I would probably just kill myself
>>
>>25092689
I'm not american, i'm a britbong. I have no idea how it works. I've been looking all through the uni website, but it's just not clear. I think it depends on case by case. I wish I called today, but it's too late now as it's 5 in the morning here and I can't sleep because of the worry.

I've already accepted the fact that resits are going to be capped for both assignments which means I won't get any higher than a 2.2 degree. Impossible now. Most jobs ask for 2.1 or a first. Either way I'm fucked, but do at least want something, even if it's a shitty degree, just something for these past 3 years. I have other work to do but can't concentrate until I know how the resit is going to work, if I'll even be allowed.

Honestly I've never thought of suicide as a proper option until now. Looks highly attractive right now.
>>
>>25092017
>tfw dropping out

no idea how I failed mine

was feeling so good about it
>>
>>25092768
>>25092812
same position as you two. just failed mine, it's done. not being allowed back in.

what do I do now? can I get some advice from dropouts?
>>
>>25092768
lol are you me.
seriously considering killing myself because of the shame. my brother graduated this year and keeps making fun of me
>>
>>25092764
maybe you should actually learn the material lmao
>>
>>25092846
What is that "non-allowed-back-in" shit? From the money it costs, you'd think these establishment would allow you to do it over and over again.
>>
>>25092017
>tfw have a 50% in one of my classes
>the exam is worth 40%
>it's a cummulative exam
>there is no way I will do better than usual so I am pretty much guaranteed less than 50% on this test

JUST
>>
>>25092768
You've been at CC for 6 years? How?
>>
>>25092873
Most people don't actually pay for college: it's covered by financial aid or loans.

If you're a shitter who fails a bunch of classes, you get disqualified from financial aid and can't get any new loans.

The school's more than happy to let you retake classes as much as you like, but you have to pay out of pocket.

The system's fucked up and there's too many idiots with degrees anyway. Trades are a much better option for most people.
>>
man I'm so glad I graduated. I actually nearly flunked out without even realizing it. I worked fucking hard to make sure I did not though. My younger brother ended up flunking out after I graduated. He's a chad and I'm the complete opposite, plus I worry a lot and he doesn't. He's working hard now to get back in graduate though.
>>
>>25092750
>uni is no longer worth it, even for engineering

>60k job in air force when i graduate
>so far only 5k debt for 2nd year
>not worth it

like i said, there are cases where uni is worth it, and case where it isnt. it's not black and white.
>>
>>25092934
this, the loan company won't pay anymore for the extra year, it'll cost me almost 9k to do the year again, plus food, rent, etc. i have just 2k in my account. my parents lost their job in july after the factory they worked at closed down, so they can't help me.
>>
>>25092721

oh, it's not a respectable degree at all (chemical dependency counseling) but i still have some hard classes. mostly i'm just thrilled because i'm old and a recovering drug addict and i fucked up college immensely my first time around.
>>
>>25092221
let's see,
i learned how to code with vhdl A
how to program a microcontroller in asm A
a bunch of theory of computation shit (p space, turing shits, blabla) A
some vector space , eigenspace, linear transformation shit A
some android programming and github shit A

oh, and i learned that im going to have to pay ur white trash senpai's food stamps

don't be mad u cant hack the 4.0 like a real nigguh

>>25092245
>Enjoy that student debt, wasted years you could have been getting work experience
i'm ex military. i got 6 years nuclear operator job experience (and i'm a veteran which employers love) and now they're paying 100% tuition and room&board via the gi bill => $0 debt. lay down faggot.
>>
/r/lostgeneration
>>
Lot of fellow drop outs/flunkers in this thread. What's next in the plan? I am sat here having no clue what to do next. Guess, look for any job?
>>
What do you do if you drop out? Are there any nice jobs that don't require a degree and that don't make you want to kill yourself?
>>
File: when will the ride end.png (566 KB, 509x585) Image search: [Google]
when will the ride end.png
566 KB, 509x585
>>25092933
In the beginning of the semesters I'm all motivated then I slowly stop giving a fuck. I just stop caring about anything, failing doesn't scare me, I accept fate. Then I feel like trash, next semester I do good in the beginning, then once again apathy. I want off this ride
>>
>>25092750
>It's called an apprenticeship and they pay you while they train you
it doesnt work like that everywhere m8. in canada you have to go to community college to get training for a trade. you can get apprenticeships but they dont just offer it to everyone.
also trades are a huge 4chan meme. they're a decent option, but people act like it's a god tier decision
>>
>>25092996
See there's nothing wrong with going to uni on the GI bill. Good on you nukebro.

>>25092960
That's fine if your plan is to go military once you graduate, but consider:
>are you medically qualified to join the military
>have you done anything to disqualify yourself (drugs, domestic violence, etc)
>will you get your desired job in the military

Also, 99% of people who go to college don't want to join the military. It's a viable back up plan but you lose a LOT of freedom. I don't recommend it. Trades are a much better way to make money AND retain the freedom of being a civilian.
>>
>>25093050
Shit, sorry to hear that, so are you going to go again. How do you afford to keep going for this long?
>>
>>25092933
not the same guy, but I'm in the same situation. i guess my problem was getting a full time job straight out of HS. i work 50 hours a week + commuting and I come home too tired to do anything. I got a promotion in 2014, my new position is a lot less stressing I've been able to dedicate more time to school and I managed to do some progress since then. now I just need to pass two more classes in 2016 and I'll finally finish gen ed. a lot of people give because they don't have the time
>>
>>25093051
>but people act like it's a god tier decision
It IS a god tier decision. There's just a stigma because all your life you're told that trades suck and you should go to college. Then you graduate and there's no good jobs, or even no jobs at all, and you're saddled with all this debt.
>>
>>25092451
>afraid that I'm gonna waste my time and my ego putting effort for a 40/100
>neurotically paralyzed by perfectionism
>don't even open the relevant softwares until the night before
>only about 1/4 of the time it would take for me to complete the task adequately
>also no sleep, no meals and often no shower
>get actual 40/100

who /selffulfillingprophecy/ here

or rather

>dont't even get started
>spend the night awake half-assedly trying to put something together
>only manage to self-loathe aggressively while browsing dank memes
>skip class to sleep and don't turn anything in
>tfw 20% penalty for being late
>become even more perfectionistic and even less motivated
>repeat the whole ordeal the night before the second deadline
>professor feels bad for me and says will accept it one whole week late, penalty and all
>spent a whole week too busy not doing the fucking assignment
>0/100
>either fail the class or get a really bitter C or B

who /generalfailure/ /irredeemablemess/ /notevenmcdonalds/ here
>>
>>25092996
those are easy topics though mate. are you first year?
>>
>>25093088
>Then you graduate and there's no good jobs, or even no jobs at all, and you're saddled with all this debt.
happens with trades people too bro
>>
>>25093016

i worked for the state of NY for a while after i graduated. the pay wasn't that great on entry level but there was a shit ton of overtime work available if you wanted it (20 hrs a week at time and a half) and the benefits were good plus a pension.

the good thing about working for the state is that if you hate your job or your office you can transfer to another agency until you find one you like.

look into taking a civil service test in your state or city.
>>
>>25093016
>Are there any nice jobs that don't require a degree and that don't make you want to kill yourself?
Initially no, it is just just a case of grinding and working your way up over the years. You get whatever shit job you can get at first. Fast food, cleaning, assembly line, retail etc. Work there a few years and then start applying for better jobs as you have a bit of 'transferable skills' or whatever jargon they use in todays age.

Not going to lie, the next few years are going to be rough, very rough. There are things you can do to make life bearable though.

For starters if you can, don't move out your parents place. Fuck what society says, but these shit jobs will have shit pay. At least living with your parents, you won't have to worry about food and bills. Do help your parents out though, pay for internet or something.

Secondly, and this is the hard part. Try and have someone in your life you can talk to. A penpal, a steam friend, whatever. Just someone you can talk with and forget for a little bit.

Best of luck.
>>
>>25093173

meant to say after i dropped out.

wishful thinking i guess.
>>
>>25092399
Are you fucking dumb? The average starting salary for Engineering students is $62k, and the average student debt in 2014 was $30k. That would take at most 4-5 years to pay off, and isn't even taking into account the fact that engineering students get internships that pay out $10k-15k for 8-12 weeks of work nor the guys with Masters/PhD that got their degrees totally paid for by their institution so it is probably even easier to pay off. Stop being a retard and realize that a successful tradesman will NEVER make as much money as a successful engineer. A master electrician with 20 years of experience tops out at just shy of $100,000 while an engineer reaches that point in 8-10 years.

Source: I'm a fucking Mechanical Engineer making $96,000 a year at 27
>>
>>25093069
>How do you afford to keep going for this long?
Poor fag, FASFA, and BOG fee waver. I'm going into the trades. I'm about to learn how to build a house from the ground up, which includes plumbing and electrical. I was going to do welding but I don't want to lose my eyesight
>>
>>25093198
some of us can't do math that well anon. Some people are taller, some are stronger, some are darker, some are shorter. These things are genetic, some people can't do high levels of math.
>>
>>25093199
That might be better. Hard to lose motivation when the work is physical, not like you'll be in front of a pc where you can get distracted.
>>
>was in harvard business school
>could have been shitting money out of my ass in just another 2 years
>flunked out this semester

gonna kill myself next week, I already ordered the exit bag.
>>
>>25093088
trades are the biggest meme. there are only slightly more available jobs than engineering.
>>
>>25093050

you sound like you suffer from moderate to severe depression.
>>
>>25093256
dam dude you had it
how did you fuck up
>>
>>25093259

Trade shills also always spout complete horse shit like "bro you can make up to 150k a year if you do x" but in reality most tradies made 30-40k a year.
>>
>>25092512
You fell for the Biomedical Engineering meme. It is too new of a field that doesn't have much of an industry besides research, so you need at least a Masters to really get into it.
>>
>>25092399
I know it's trolling, but I finished an Engineering and Applied Sciences AS with $0 debt. And I failed 7 classes.

Uni has been absolute worthless garbage compared to CC, but I think even my worst classes are C's. It indeed is over $10k per semester, accounting for rent and such. I have literally no scholarships though, only FASFA/TAP and loans.

Electrical and Mechanical Engineers are employable, at at least $40-50k starting. Bottom 10 percentile is $60, median is $90k. Mechanicals are towards $80k.

I've considered Biomedical Engineering a meme degree, but it's gaining employment at higher than the rate of graduates produced, per year, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
>>
>Had a 98 in the class
>Took the final
>Got a 97.5
>Dragged my grade down to a 97
T-thanks
>>
>>25093309
Specialty trades can ez mode 6 figures. Cunts like drywallers and tapers though, yeah theyre the mcdonalds of tradies.
>>
>>25093061
I don't understand what you don't get about "university is useful for some professions".

Wanna work as a scientist? Go to uni.
Wanna be an engineer? Go to uni.
Wanna be a doctor/nurse? Go to uni.
Wanna work on Wall Street? Go to uni.
Wanna be a teacher? Go to uni.

Sure, there are some things that going to university for is actually useless, but the vast majority of professions require a huge degree of training before you can begin applying.
>>
>>25093050
I'm on my '5th' year at uni.
>2 normal years
>a placement/internship which I got fired from 7 months in
>a gap year after the firing on 'medical leave' for depression
>now the 5th year, which as you can guess, I failed

Pretty sure I won't be going back. They will most definitely have lost their patience with me now. We're just not cut out for education anon.
>>
>>25093261
what to do? I sincerely try in the classes but the apathy is too strong to fight. Sometimes I shit myself while I'm on the PC because I'm too unmotivated to walk to the restroom. It's terrifying but I can't bring myself to care. When I look at my transcripts, I've been doing this since the 3rd grade. Almost 20years
>>
>>25092245
I love it when tradecucks come into these threads

I'm an EE and I work alongside electricians, and they're some of the dumbest fuckers i've ever seen. They make 70% of what we make, while doing all the slave work. I love putting them in their place, especially when they can't even do basic circuit analysis.

87k and climbing, you cuck
>>
>>25093399
Go to a doctor and tell them what you just said.
>>
File: 1446178695866.jpg (57 KB, 620x670) Image search: [Google]
1446178695866.jpg
57 KB, 620x670
>Had a 98 avg
>Got a 70 on my final
>Dragged avg down to a 92.6
>technically an A
>Still have a 4.0 gpa

Mfw
>>
>>25093410
Thats because you picked a good major bruh, and i picked a good trade. I'm almost 23 and will likely gross 110 this year. But then there's also only about a thousand of my profession in the country, it really inflates our wages.
>>
>med student
>engiecucks and tradecucks think they make money

KEK

Cousin literally makes 300k. Headed there, too, fags.
>>
>>25093448
>trying to meme this hard
>>
who /BstudentHere/?

>dont want to stress to much
>skip or half ass the odd assignment or lab
>still get ok marks
>still get my degree
>>
>>25093441

i had a 99 average in human biology so i didn't even study for my final. i only needed to get like 40 points out of 150 to get an A in the class.

the class was pretty hard though. we had 3 unit tests over the semester and the class average for all of them was between 64-68 with no curve.
>>
>>25093496

golden days of medicine are long gone bro. you'll still make good money but the malpractice insurance premiums are ridiculous and we could very well have socialized medicine within 15-20 years. if you want to just make money and don't care about saving people go into plastic surgery or something like that.
>>
>>25093113
it's a mix my nigga
some tech elective (from the cs track) are sophomore level shit
some junior level shit
which makes sense as i am a junior
and i agree all this shit is SUPER EZ, tha'ts why im still holding a summa cum laude, easily

makes me wonder about this faggot op, how dumb do you have to be to actually fail a course? he's dumber than a nignog
>>
>25093510
>"still get my degree"
>not caring that the most competitive jobs look at your gpa
i guess if you're white or you know people you should have no problem getting your foot in the door
>>
>>25093588
>"most competitive"
Here's how it works m8:
Big businesses want a white person in a good suit from a rich family.

Smaller businesses/skilled places want someone who's done interning.

Businesses with Indians in charge: You're not getting hired, they're hiring Asians only.

Literally nobody cares about your GPA
>>
>>25093496
>Cousin literally makes 300k
and made himself into a fucking drone in the process lmao.

meanwhile im breezing through engineering classes and not giving a fuck if i dont make a perfect GPA. then i'll have a decent career and salary at the end of it

also >300k
70k is the optimal salary for happiness. after that your happiness doesnt increase anymore
>>
>>25092779
>>25092779
TFW 161 didn't get me into any of the schools I applied for... 3.8GPA even
>>
File: trump is a god now.png (275 KB, 253x408) Image search: [Google]
trump is a god now.png
275 KB, 253x408
>>25093549
>we could very well have socialized medicine
>>
>was a plumber for years
>eventually just gave up and started a small music venue
>make money to pimp out local bands
>do cocaine off my desk in the back office
>not rich, but make enough to live decently

I recommend robots to get into music. Jews did it for a reason.
>>
>community college world history online course
>easy A class outside essay shenanigans since I have an easy time ingesting the material and retaining it for a long while
>misread due date as 11 59 pm instead of the actual 11 59 am, wake up at 1 pm and find out as much
>sob for a good half hour cursing myself at the bottom of my lungs to not let anyone know, calm myself, send very calm and professional email to prof simply asking if it is possible to retake the class and how to do so if so since I misinterpreted the due date
>she opens the test up for me, take it but my head is empty and my spirit crushed from going from an A to an F in one failure
>get a 70something, lowest test score I got in the class that was not point reduced at all
>>
>>25093635
>falling for that meme
if you look at naval space program (SPAWAR) they openly base your starting salary on your graduation gpa. look it up. if 1 employer does it, you have to wonder, how many others do it?

also i personally know 1 person who got dissed in a microsoft interview because of his gpa

pretty sure it fucking matters, at least in ECE field
>>
>>25093588
>not caring that the most competitive jobs look at your gpa
exactly, i dont care. i'll still get a job and my salary will increase with time. and i still get to keep my sanity instead of busting my ass for top marks
>>
>>25093635
>C's Get Degrees
Your 2.05 GPA communicates a basic fact quite clearly to a prospective employer.
>>
>>25093738
>he thinks busting his ass for top marks implies losing his sanity
>>
>>25093717
good thing i wont be applying for a naval space program then faggot.
>>
>>25093767
>if 1 employer does it, you have to wonder, how many others do it?
>>
>>25093765
it was a hyperbole you dingus
>>
>>25093650
Nice rationalization, poorfag

Engies are pathetic, goddamn
>>
>>25093779
well, do you know how many? because so far the count is 1. fucking retard lmao
>>
>>25093786
For people like me, making top marks is easy, just a little extra work. Enjoy scraping bottom for the jobs we didn't take.
>>
>>25092017
Hah. I pity you.
>study for Japanese final for <20 minutes the night before
>get 100% on both Reading/Writing and Listening

Who /naturally good at languages/ here?
>>
>>25092101
which class?
>fuck off robochode
>>
>>25093821
>being materialistic
have fun busting your ass for all that money which youll barely have time to spend
>>
>>25093828
>For people like me, making top marks is easy, just a little extra work
this is only true for a shit degree.
>>
>>25093833
differential equations
>>
>>25093106
right here senpai,

I am originally apart of your original who // here
>>
File: 1449523770806.gif (2 MB, 356x400) Image search: [Google]
1449523770806.gif
2 MB, 356x400
I think I royally fucked up one of my exams. Same thing, good mark in the class, but the final is 50%.

The worst part is we got to bring in a cheat sheet I've gotten As in all the other classes I've had with this prof too so he's going to be all like "I expected more from you"
>>
>>25093828
how is your response relevant to my comment, kek.

also, enjoying putting more effort than is necessary. diminishing returns motherfucker
>>
>>25093822
At least 2. Microsoft was already mentioned. I'm sure there's more. Keep calling people retards because they care about doing well in their classes though, you're going far.

>>25093831
Worthless degree. Faggots in /a/ are self-studying by playing fucking eroge but then passing N1, which makes them infinitely more useful to employers than any weeb with a BA in "Japanese"
>>
>>25093924
2 out of a billion jobs lmao. and i will go far, i put in the minimum effort to succeed, but still succeed. if i start lacking, then i adjust accordingly :^)
>>
>>25093831
I took japanese at uni, struggled on the third semester. Did you guys use genki?
>>
>>25093924
>shills for the importance of good GPA's then denounces the importance of having a degree to prove training, knowledge, and competence
>>
>>25094007
>speaks about things he knows nothing about
>doesn't realize that JLPT N1 actually proves training, knowledge, and competence, while a BA in Japanese does not
>>
File: 1433291360679.jpg (204 KB, 1170x923) Image search: [Google]
1433291360679.jpg
204 KB, 1170x923
>>25092017
>going to graduate in a few days
>walking in ceremony
>in order to actually pass the lowest I can get is a c- in one of my classes
>everything else has to be a C or above
>completely bombed on the computation part of the final in one class
>mind just went blank
>found out my grade in that class is a C- now
>literally 2% away from a C
>have an A, B-, and C in 3 of my other classes
>know I'm on the border of a C or C- in my last class
>professor won't put up the fucking grade on a project worth 25%
>won't find out till 22nd after the ceremony if I actually graduate

Fuck guys, I'm freaking the fuck out. Why did I do this to myself. I'm going to be in a perpetual state of drunkeness for the next 3 days. I can't do this. What do I do you guys

Literally just
>>
>>25094048
You'll probably graduate. I'm sure they'll let you slip through. Especially if it's a community college
>>
>>25092245
DUDE MATERIALISM
>>25092721
AKA pure solipsism
>>
>>25094118
nah it's a uni. I talked to my adviser and he said if I got a c- or lower in 2 of my classes I would need to retake one class next semester. I think I did ok on my project though. This wait is killing me. It's only the first fucking day
>>
>scared about my astronomy final grade
>check score: 89%, highest grade in class of 200, got A in class
Feels good familia, got 2 more A's and one B
>>
>>25093924
Who the fuck said I'm majoring in Japanese? I'm CS major taking it as an elective.

>>25094000
Yes. Genki I.
>>
File: 1432672191347.png (34 KB, 450x367) Image search: [Google]
1432672191347.png
34 KB, 450x367
>get kicked out of grad school if I make lower than a B
>C
>and an F
Fuck, I regret getting a full-time job. I have no idea what to do now.
>>
>>25092399
Yeah, I don't agree with this person. But engineering is a shit right now. Even the meme tier every moron does it, petroleum engineerin with its "muh 150k starting salary" is in a deep recession. Take it from a finance major whose job is analyzing the economy and studying trends in it. I'll break it down.

>2014: oil $1xx per barrel
>2015: oil sub $5x per barrel

What does that mean for people whose jobs are to do the engineering of DRILLING and DISCOVERY? Basically the big wigs in the company go, "oh man is oil down? We better not start drilling and selling a limited resource we will only get half of what we got last year for the same money and time. Let's just wait it out boys!"

Engineering currently a shit.
>>
>>25094215
What are you in grad school for and why?
>>
>>25094286
Cell biology, I wanted to do research since I can only get lab jobs where I maintain equipment with my bachelor's. My admittance was conditional on the grounds I pass 2 undergraduate courses but I got a full-time job on the night shift and hardly studied.

I'm looking at joining the Air Force as an officer but shit looks selective.
>>
Fuck. My parents have been able to pay my first 7 semesters but not his last one. 15k is due in less than 3 weeks now and I ain't got shit. I don't even know how to apply for a loan. Please tell me it's a quick process.
>>
>>25092992
You failed at life.
Only stupid people fail at life.
>>
>>25095484

you're on r9k at 3:30am on a saturday. something tells me you're not exactly a life champion either.
>>
>mfw blue collar retards think they deserve any respect

tm
>>
>forgot to pay 2nd semester tuition
>it was due 3 hours ago
>still shitting my pants

JUST
>>
>>25093256
how the fuck do you fail business, its women's studies tier in difficulty
>>
File: giphy[1].gif (456 KB, 600x573) Image search: [Google]
giphy[1].gif
456 KB, 600x573
>expecting a 97% in a class
>the teacher's assistant put in some of the grades late, so it appears as if i got a 0% on a big project
>get a 94 in the class instead

JUST
>>
>>25096175
>big project
>0%
>drops grade from 97 to 84
>>
>>25096175
holy shit dude, you should email the teacher or something
>>
File: 1427268951685s.jpg (9 KB, 211x246) Image search: [Google]
1427268951685s.jpg
9 KB, 211x246
>>25096175
>perfectly acing class
>midterms happen
>aced it
>notification in email that i'm failing that course
>literally_impossible.jpeg
>imbecile teacher enters grades for assignments that haven't been given as 0's
>ace class with 99.6%, missing a few points because i fumbled a due date
>have D for midterm on my transcript

FUCKING GARBAGE PROFESSORS IT'S NOT DIFFICULT TO RESTRAIN YOURSELF FROM ENTERING THE GRADES UNTIL YOU'VE FUCKING GRADED THEM
>>
>>25093717
microsoft doesnt give a shit about gpa

maybe for an internship but not for a job
>>
>>25096257
pretty sure you can get that changed with a few emails you dumb shit
>>
>>25096175
Could be worse
>school system works opposite way, non-graded assignments don't count for or against you, until 6 week assessment
>including assignments never turned in
>half the people think they've been getting A's, even if they didn't do half the assignments
>on first 6 week assessment, half the class learn they're falling, complain
>teacher just lols, says your fault
>I lol too, even though I dropped a grade letter
>>
File: 1426231067031.jpg (42 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
1426231067031.jpg
42 KB, 700x700
>>25096335
never said i couldn't, buddy. that doesn't mean a professor should be allowed to keep an automated failure notification system running and turning in false grades now does it?

no, didn't think so :)
>>
I graduated with a 2.94 overall GPA in a relatively easy major (economics), now I'm stuck deciding whether to go to grad school for political science (I want a major that's not too difficult but can open up government/think tank jobs) or law school. I know I can hit in the mid 170s for the LSAT (I got 165 when I did the LSAT while in undergrad), I've never taken the GRE. How fucked am I when it comes to the prospect of law school and grad school with my shitty 2.94 GPA?
>>
>>25092105
just don't get shot
>>
>>25093395
How did you get fired?
>>
>>25092245
Honestly, most trades are miserable and they break down your body. Most people who spout probably haven't actually gone through a real day of hard, physical labor. It isn't something you want to do everyday for the rest of your life.
Thread replies: 156
Thread images: 18

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.