[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Your thoughts on the following: >books >comics >film
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 9
File: 8f1.png (37 KB, 656x822) Image search: [Google]
8f1.png
37 KB, 656x822
Your thoughts on the following:
>books
>comics
>film
>TV series
>music
>videogames
>>
File: 1442753999336.jpg (74 KB, 700x467) Image search: [Google]
1442753999336.jpg
74 KB, 700x467
>books
confederacy of dunces
>comics
the invisibles
>film
spring summer fall winter...and spring
>tv series
currently Hannibal
>music
chopin bach yung lean
>vidya
BOI, nuclear throne, FO4 atm
>>
>books
Literally the only acceptable means of transferring knowledge given it is understood that verbal description is a subset of symbolic description such as of math.

>comics
Half-assed hybrid.

>film
>TV series
Same.

>music
Legit as long as it is instrumental and insofar as it makes no cultural references (outside of intra-musical ones) that need context to understand.

>video games
Source code is more interesting than the end product. A good programmer would be able to imagine and play a game in his imagination from just reading the code, anyway.
>>
>books
entertaining and classic.
>comics
childish tee bee h
>film
entertaining in multiple ways, and as an actor myself, it's fun to be part of something and apply skills to make an artistic work
>tv
hardly ever watch, only sometimes. Usually, it's just netlfix
>music
yea m8
>vidya
fuck no. Playing vidya is autism, and seriously might as well just be a sign that you're a fucking loser. Outgrew them when i was 15
>>
File: 1439594458067.gif (2 MB, 312x250) Image search: [Google]
1439594458067.gif
2 MB, 312x250
>>25090590

hey look it's you
>>
File: who.png (12 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
who.png
12 KB, 800x450
>>25090426
>Books
Books are life. In a few short hours you can live the life of somebody else. It's too bad that they are easy to get distracted from. It's why when I want to absorb some new storytelling I usually just watch....
>Film
Well worth the time and effort it takes to watch the top 1000 films of all time from the They Shoot Pictures Don't They list. You get a wide sampling of world cinema from the silent era to today and get to learn about the synthesis of different art mediums that makes the cinema so special. Watching enough movies to pick up on the visual language of the cinema, and to be able to see in recent productions visual rhymes to techniques that date from early innovators is neat and a cool way to see the evolution of filmmaking. Don't ever try to talk about your love of cinema on /tv/ though, those guys will just call you reddit and say you're being pretentious if you calm to enjoy foreign films or anything that is the least bit artistic.
>TV Series
Not as good as films but getting better all the time. TV these days is too influenced by popular opinion however so uniqueness is hard to find.
>Comics
Don't read many, although I have enjoyed them in the past I typically find the artwork to be loud and obnoxious or garish and overly sexualized which is distracting. Not enough "serious" comics in my opinion. Scott Schumanns history of Comics was a revelation when I read it in high school.
>Music
I am weak on music. I usually listen to the same songs untill I get sick of them and then find new ones. /mu/ is full of shit music and terrible people so it's hard to find new stuff to expose myself to.
>Vidya
I don't play games anymore but I used to all the time.
>>
>>25090632
nah dude, im a chad by default, just dont want to be a manchild playing video games while i can collect poon poon :^)
>>
File: 1432427668793.jpg (13 KB, 200x267) Image search: [Google]
1432427668793.jpg
13 KB, 200x267
>>25090912

>im a chad by default

let me guess, you're only on this board to laugh at robots, right?
>>
>books
solid
>comics
tryhards and wannabes
>film
see above
>TV series
normalfags
>music
solid
>videogames
solid
>>
>>25090962
basically. Come from /fa/, only visit this one and b to screw around and laugh
>>
File: 1431599837493.jpg (34 KB, 594x425) Image search: [Google]
1431599837493.jpg
34 KB, 594x425
>>25090997

epik

simply epik ;^)
>>
File: image.gif (2 MB, 500x700) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
2 MB, 500x700
>>25090426
>books
Can be a slog to get through if you don't enjoy it, but one of the most fulfilling mediums.
>comics
Adding art to a story helps bring it to life, at the compromise of smaller chunks to it.
>film
When other shit needs to be condensed for the masses, make it a film. The worst medium for storytelling.
>TV series
Like film, but not 2 hours long. It can take its time and tell a story proper.
>music
Something completely unlike the others. A unique experience that can greatly add to others.
>video games
Interactivity adds a whole new level of weight to a story by actually getting the viewer involved. The big issue is that the player has to be actively doing something throughout the game, which can make it tough to tell some stories.
>>
>>25090997
thanks le epic meme man XD xxD
>>
File: 1352163079960.gif (2 MB, 360x285) Image search: [Google]
1352163079960.gif
2 MB, 360x285
>books
Classics and philosophy are essential
>comics
for manchildren
>film
few are good, most modern releases are crap
>TV series
All shit, haven't watched TV for years
>music
Love music
>videogames
I only play game from childhood, modern releases are shit that rely on nostalgia
>>
File: .png (8 KB, 59x180) Image search: [Google]
.png
8 KB, 59x180
>>25090997
that's pretty rude.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.