[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Normies always say "It gets better" but does it really ?..
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: 1448821304745.jpg (295 KB, 664x955) Image search: [Google]
1448821304745.jpg
295 KB, 664x955
Normies always say "It gets better" but does it really ?..
>>
File: 1444690633987.jpg (210 KB, 1278x2170) Image search: [Google]
1444690633987.jpg
210 KB, 1278x2170
It's something they say to get you to stop talking to them.
>>
>>25087928
no you just get used to it.
>>
It doesn't get better by doing nothing. Most people can't conceive of an existence without making an effort, so when they say it gets better, they are refusing to have such a low estimation of you as to accept that you do literally nothing but complain about your shit situation.

But yeah, if you're making an effort, things get better.
>>
Nope, not within any effort at least
>>
File: 1446598539104.jpg (36 KB, 300x360) Image search: [Google]
1446598539104.jpg
36 KB, 300x360
It gets better for them, not for us.
>>
>>25087928
>not replying 'it gets worse too'
>>
It gets better if you want it and convince yourself.
>>
>>25088001
>if you're making an effort, things get better

Translation:

>if things get better, things get better

Whod've guessed.
>>
>>25088001
OP here, well I'm making efforts... But the more efforts I put in the worse it gets...
>>
>>25088089
Then stop making efforts and just live, it gets better, trust me.
>>
>>25088103
>>25088089
>'Just try!'
>'I'm trying, and it is not working.'
<'Uh, that's because your trying was wrong trying! Try not trying! That's it.'

Normies, not even once.
>>
>>25087928
For some it gets better, for some it gets worse, for some everything will remain the same.
>>
>>25088089
Don't listen to this fag >>25088103, you keep fucking trying. Life rarely gets better without any effort and you can learn even from the painful fuckups
>>
>>25088123
Exactly, some people just can't seem to comprehend the fact that it doesn't always get better for everyone, no matter how much they try.

I understand telling people to try, and I think OP should, because doing nothing and wallowing in self pity isn't going to fix anything, but telling people it WILL get better is just a lie people think they want to hear.

The fact is that some people get better, some don't.

That's just the world we live in, and he just needs to accept that fact like everyone else.
>>
It does but it takes effort at the right places. Every single one of your problems is in your responsibility, no matter what or who caused it.
>>
File: 93f.gif (14 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
93f.gif
14 KB, 633x758
>>25087928

For some it does get better, for others it does not. If your problems are solvable and you have the means to solve them, it can get better. If your problems are not solvable or you do not have the ability to solve them, it will not get better.
>>
>>25088257
>The fact is that some people get better, some don't.

Indeed. The phrase I use to describe this is, 'at the end of the day' (or 'at one's deathbed'). Fact of life is, some people just *will* be battered, and an 'I've had a wonderful life' doesn't, sadly, make that life such. Now I think of it, a simple test would be, would a person who says they 'learned from their painful fuckups' -- as >>25088171 stupidly implies -- recommend such a life to another person, e.g. their kid? If no, then it was objectively not a good life. And that's what matters, not some sophistry about 'learning from one's suffering'.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.