[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Prove to me that cheating on ones significant other is morally wrong.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: giphy-facebook_s.gif (78 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
giphy-facebook_s.gif
78 KB, 480x270
Prove to me that cheating on ones significant other is morally wrong.
>>
Well, for what it's worth, my mom cheated on my dad when I was fifteen. That's when I discovered r9k. Now I'm 20 and still here. Idek anymore senpai.
>>
>>25086757
Leaving someone and finding someone else is fine.

Cheating is wrong because it by definition entails lying that it doesn't happen.
>>
>>25086757
>implying objective morality

There's no need for proof. I and most people are disgusted by it and will react accordingly, that's the whole picture.
>>
>>25086864

> I and most people are disgusted by it and will react accordingly

And some people won't. What makes your reaction to a situation the right reaction?
>>
File: image.jpg (429 KB, 1050x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
429 KB, 1050x1080
>>25086757
OP is either a cuck or a whore
>>
If cheating hurts the person you're with, then it's morally wrong. If it doesn't, then it's not.
>>
#shitwhitepeoplesay
>>
>>25087194
there is no such thing as 'right', get it through your head
>>
I remember when I got over my nihilistic phase, OP. I was like, 14.

You should follow suit
>>
>>25087366
OP's not the nihilist one, >>25087283 is
Where did you progress from nihilism? How can you refute it?
>>
define proof in terms of morality
>>
>>25087431
You can't refute it. It's unfalsifiable, like the existence of an omnipresent God. But do either cases dictate a necessity to adhere to them?
>>
>>25087523
well... no

but adherence to anything at all seems pointless to me now. Everything is so terrible and meaningless and the universe is just a giant void waiting to swallow up everything and consciousness is a tragic misstep in evolution and so on.
It's not like there's any point to moving beyond pessimism because it's all vanity. The only way would be to delude yourself into thinking that something else was meaningful. Maybe hedonism

polite sage
>>
File: 111.jpg (80 KB, 576x548) Image search: [Google]
111.jpg
80 KB, 576x548
>>25086757
>you post on r9k
>he fucked her all day
>>
>>25086757
if you get into a relationship, unless otherwise stated, sexual exclusivity is the agreement. Cheating, therefore, is a breach of your agreement. Which is in the big four immoralities: murder, rape, theft, fraud.
>>
>>25086757
You know it's wrong. Don't be a fucking nigger.
>>
>>25086757
I actually don't want to prove you wrong. I want you to fall in love and come home to her gagging on chad.

Then I'll sit quietly and listen while you tell me why cheating is wrong.
>>
>>25086757
>prove morals
lol wut?
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.