[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone else get terribly depressed by their birthday? Everything
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: haruka.jpg (191 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
haruka.jpg
191 KB, 1920x1080
Anyone else get terribly depressed by their birthday? Everything about it makes me sick to my stomach.
>>
i wouldnt get depressed if my parents didnt make a big deal about me having no friends every year

yet they do so it feels like shit

its like a day of mourning for my pathetic existence

ive hated my birthday every year since i was 12 years old
>>
>>25086171
If your life is dogshit then obviously the day that essentially celebrates your existence will suck. Use the suffering as motivation to fix your shit if possible. Not that there is much to celebrate for happy people either, "yay i'm getting older"... Yeah fanfuckingtastic
>>
>>25086171

Yeah man, I feel you.
Festivities in general are shit, but birthday is by far the most miserable one.

>parents nag constantly whether I want to celebrate with friends
>ask if I want to invite them and celebrate at home
>ask what I want for birthday
>ends up with us just eating together once in a year
>why dont you drink anon, just one sip of wine wont kill you
>when are you going to bring over a girlfriend?
>how is university/license/work going?
>they always end up fighting over some stupid things
>I always just get up and go outside
>day always ends with me feeling extremely empty and realizing its another year over with me being in the same place I was before

I just want to be left in peace.
The biggest gift someone could make me on my birthday is to ignore me.
>>
Jesus fucking Christ my 18th birthday was depressing as fuck.

>mom gave me 100 bucks she owed me
>not a single fucking happy birthday on Facebook
>normies that had their birthdays the day before and day after had dozens (I don care about this now but at the time it crushed me)
>a call from my sister, she could clearly tell I was miserable
>dad tried to confiscate my laptop off me, I broke down in tears because he took away the one thing I had that day

I made a post on /b/ and they tried to comfort me, surprisingly. One Australian guy in particular was really nice.

My friends 18th was fucking horrible too, he invited a load of people to a pub and just me and about 4 or 5 other people showed up. He ordered catering and his parents were all dressed up.

Fuck birthdays, I wish it was possible to announce you don't want any attention whatsoever.
>>
>>25086171
What triggered my depression was my 18th birthday (the age you're considered an adult where I live)... I wanted to go to a convention the same day and then realized that I had no friends to go with...
The closer it got, the more time I'd spend in bed tortured by stomach pains...

The 19th didn't do anything though.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.