[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do female friendships operate? Do they hold any loyalty
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: 1443673421140.png (160 KB, 680x385) Image search: [Google]
1443673421140.png
160 KB, 680x385
How do female friendships operate?

Do they hold any loyalty or respect towards one another?

My assumption is that they are all opportunity seekers and at the first chance to throw one of their friends under a bus so that they'd benefit, they would take it.

It also seems that they're kind of temporary until they all find boyfriends and latch on to them and become 'new people' while they date him and adopt his opinions/hobbies to impress him.
>>
>tfw I've had guy friends that have done that. (I'm a guy)
>>
>>25084413
yes, statistical outliers exist for everything

I'm talking about women friendships in general
>>
>women
>loyalty
>respect
>any of that shit

Yeah, that'll be the day. If you want those things, just get a dog or something.
>>
>>25083973
>How do female friendships operate?
about the same as male friendships, i'd say.
>Do they hold any loyalty or respect towards one another?
yes.
>My assumption is that they are all opportunity seekers and at the first chance to throw one of their friends under a bus so that they'd benefit, they would take it.
this is more a trait of bad people than anything. i've met plenty of slimy men that routinely backstab and shittalk their friends and being just as catty as a stereotypical bitch. the internet and social media among other things are turning people into socially clueless wrecks that are increasingly losing the value of friendship.
>It also seems that they're kind of temporary until they all find boyfriends and latch on to them and become 'new people' while they date him and adopt his opinions/hobbies to impress him.
most of my friends have boyfriends and we still hang out routinely and independently of them.
>>
>>25083973
your summary seems pretty accurate.
>>
Can't really tell you how different they are since I don't have male friends. I am a girl and my best friend is a girl. We've been friends for over a year now and have helped each other tremendously. We're practically family to one another and we'd probably both be dead if we didn't know each other. Our loyalty is strong and we've stuck through thick and thin. We're not fair weather friends, we've practically been in only bad situations but we've been going through them together so it makes it all so much easier. I would be lost without her, I've become so attached I constantly wait on her messages but she got a job recently (yay!) so she's much busier than she used to be, but it's for the better. I'm pretty sure our friendship isn't the normal female friendship but still felt like sharing.
>>
Any of you guys have really good guy friends? I want to hear stories guys broing it out
>>
>>25085401
Have a best friend of 12 years.

I've seen female friendships last 4 years max before they split over petty shit.
>>
Very rarely, generally the only time you see a friendship between two women showing any sort of loyalty or respect is in a piece of media, and that's because the writers are usually men. Genuine friendships between women can happen, but it requires to women of already rare inclination to both meet and share interests. Most women have little issue betraying other women they claim to be friends with for the sake of some short sighted insignificant thing, granted this also happens with male friendships, but it isn't nearly as common.
>>
>>25083973
Never been anything like that in my experience. I'd assume that shit is Staceys only because they're the stereotypical example, but the Staceys I've known have really close knit groups and get along really well. I've always been really jealous of close Stacey friendships.
>>
>>25085461
sad to hear that. hope you and your friend keep going strong.

if it's any consolation, i've been with most of my friends for almost 15 years. good friends are very hard to come by in this day and age for everybody, male and female.
>>
>>25085174
this has all been my experience as well. A lot of my girl friends have been my girl friends for decades now.
>>
>>25083973
They talk too each other being very upbeat in groups

But with a friend or two they shit talk behind another friends back
>>
made up or she just wasn't a want to be friend
>>
The closest friendships I've had with other women even though I've probably hald about half and half male and female friends.

Btw I'm a girl
>>
File: 1338313964754.jpg (164 KB, 400x542) Image search: [Google]
1338313964754.jpg
164 KB, 400x542
>>25083973
>and adopt his opinions/hobbies to impress him.
Why is it all the girls I've dated have done this? Not that I'm complaining, it's nice having a girl to watch anime and complain about niggers with, it's just before we started dating they were Green party voters who wouldn't even play casual videogames but one they're with me they turn into weeb nationalists within a few months.
>>
It's all about having that one person you can tell ANYTHING to, even if you barely hang out.
>>
>>25085461
Me and my best friend have been friends since kindergarten, we're 26 now, that's 21 years. I'll admit we weren't BFF's the entire time (maybe a 5 year period where we were regular friends and I was closer with my cousin), but we've been solid besties since 9th grade after grade. That's 12 years right there. So fuck you.
>>
>>25085663

It's just women's nature. This is how they are.
>>
As a dyke, I think it differs between straight and lesbian women. Straight women just adopt the hobbies of the men they date. Lesbians have friendships like regular people.
>>
>>25085663
Water takes the shape of the container it fills.
>>
>>25085663
Because men think their own hobbies are objectively the best and any girl who enjoys them is some goddess. See: girl gamers. That positive reinforcement is quite influential.

Girls don't expect men to like everything they like, and actually prefer men to have some individuality and not let women affect their lives.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.