[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who /one piece/ here? >You will never go on a voyage with
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 152
Thread images: 30
File: 1426635492438.jpg (199 KB, 461x480) Image search: [Google]
1426635492438.jpg
199 KB, 461x480
Who /one piece/ here?

>You will never go on a voyage with your nakama
>>
Why would you say that
>>
Haki ruined one piece

/thred
>>
>Playing in a One Piece online RP game

Been doing it for awhile, a lot of fun. Get to be creative and have all kinds of fun adventures.
>>
>>25082121
Even though you have a point, the increasingly powerful and hard to fight devil fruits (Akainu, Aokiji, Kizaru, Doflamingo pre-timeskip) made it a necessity, I think.
>>
File: images.jpg (6 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
6 KB, 259x194
>>25082075
>voyage
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYhIPAs8JTU

>mfw 1:16
>>
>>25082159
Not him but I prefer the person having to think and get creative and figure out a weakness on how to beat them. Like with the sand guy, using water against him.

Having it now that, someone can be made purely of light, but someone can still just punch them if they put some "ambition" into it, is dumb.
>>
File: onepiecesweet.png (582 KB, 641x370) Image search: [Google]
onepiecesweet.png
582 KB, 641x370
I love how Luffy is such a force of nature. The biggest war of the era is going on and this idiot falls out of the sky and everything goes to hell
>>
DONFLAMINGO VS LUFFY BOY I"M READY HOLY SHIT BOY THIS IS GOING DOWN IT"S GOIND D O W N
>>
>>25082075
The anime is total shit lately, remember enies lobby fight?
>>
>>25082228

>declare war on the entire world just to rescue a friend who hasn't been with them very long

The god damn FEELS
>>
>>25082225
Doflamingo was already epic BTFO by luffy in the manga. Dressrosa is over they're on Zou now
>>
>>25082408
of course this doffy got btfo xD faggot browses r9k too
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (235 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
235 KB, 1280x720
> Cliched, unoriginal, childish, boring, never ending shounen crap
Too bad you can't eat a devil fruit that gives you good taste
>>
>>25082482
Sanji Is the worst character in all of One Piece
>>
>>25082592
>unoriginal

I can agree with everything else, but One Piece is definitely original.
>>
>>25082121
Logia's made haki necessary
>>
>>25082121
Why? It's cool.
>>
Roger is Sogeking m8
>>
>>25082121

Haki's been there since the start. Shanks staring down the Sea King, Luffy figuring out the real Mr 3 from "instinct", even regular human characters like Rayleigh being able to go up against Kizaru, who is made of light.
>>
>>25082634
No they didn't. Anything pre-Sabaody was able to be dealt with through mundane means.

It was when Oda went full retard and introduced Light and Darkness and other retarded logias that the shark was jumped. Logia's didn't make haki necessary, stupidly overpowered abilities and a lack of creativity in countering them, made haki necessary.
>>
>>25082761
>>25082775
I don't mind haki, I just wish it was more subtle instead of coating your body/weapon or whatever in black.
Fuck that looks stupid.
>>
>>25082775
Are you retarded? Ace (plasma) and Smoker's (gas) logia already existed before simple sand man Crocodile's.
>>
File: hyuh.png (301 KB, 550x443) Image search: [Google]
hyuh.png
301 KB, 550x443
>>25082634
>>25082159

So here's my flow of thought on this:
"It's Oda's fault he wrote himself into a corner, and then decided to use a deus ex machina to get out"
On one hand, Haki existed throughout the series, arguably being displayed by the main characters (Zoro when he found his sword under rubble/ cut steel for instance)
It's not technically a deus ex machina, but you have to admit that if he wanted to introduce something as powerful as logia, you'd have to have a good counter to it.

The counters COULD have continued to be the paper, rock, scissors shit, like water beats fire and sand, heat beats snow and ice, etc.
But the show's themes are based around being "badass"; Luffy doesn't outsmart the enemy, he outdoes them. Out-persists them.
Even the battle against Lucci made this a point; his new moves/ techniques won't win his battles through a surprise turn, he actually needs to be driven by contextual factors. How much are his friends in danger? Has he gone to his full potential? Is he on the verge of death? What does he has to lose and how firmly will he be willing to exchange his life to protect it?

However, battles didn't always have to play out in the typical "I've got the bucket of water, Luffy! Rinse your hands and beat the heat-based person!"

Natural elements could still be exploited in a non-"We win the battle now!" format. For instance, mirrors and Kizaru. A character could approach Kizaru with the means to exploit his weakness, but it doesn't HAVE to be used unless they battle. Kizaru would be smart enough not to put himself in a position where he's fighting someone who has the upper hand in terms of combating his element.
You can still have story. Still hold threats. But aren't these characters too strong?

(continued)
>>
>>25082159
That's the point of Armament Haki at least: to provide a hard counter to Devil Fruits, specifically logias.
>>
>>25082123
Details friend, details. I've wanted to do this forever.
>>
>>25082874
That's only armament haki, though.

Also, the black stuff looks cool as fuck, boy.
>>
>>25082874
Yeah, but that's a limitation of art (and dumb readers). Originally hakim wasn't colored. I basically just ignore it in my headcanon.
>>
File: avatar luffy.png (120 KB, 440x420) Image search: [Google]
120 KB, 440x420
>>25082960
I think the problem is in how powerful the characters are now, and the lost sense of risk.
In my head, I'd like to believe any underling can outplay their superior opponent through the use of smart tactics and moral decisions.
For instance, backstabbing, cheating, mutiny, abuse of the environment/ the opponent's weakness.

In my theory, an underling marine should be able to win against Luffy if they catch luffy off guard/ are prepared to go for the slicing of limbs.
But this isn't the case in the One Piece universe (unfortunately :/)

There's a clear and established "power level" system that our main protagonist has an identifiable spot in. (Whereas early on in the series it was interesting seeing how Luffy would fluctuate dramatically and be sort of "above" or "outside" of this system, crumbling the idea of it)

For example, when Ace tried to murder Whitebeard; he couldn't even do it while whitebeard was sleeping.
This can be, you know, "badass" for whitebeard, but it eliminates the risk/ cleverness of their character, and downplays WHY they are so powerful/ have so much fighting talent. Good fighters don't just punch their way to victory, they KNOW when to engage or dismantle a threat. (Running away, charging a weakpoint, taking ballsy risks)

That shit is cool.

But that shit is what Haki said "Hahahha, fuck youuuuuuuu" to.
Haki clearly has a quantifiable power level system.

(continued)
>>
File: IMG_20151218_125306637.jpg (990 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151218_125306637.jpg
990 KB, 1080x1920
For life.
>>
>>25082121
Nah it was a unique twist. After 500 episodes of just doing whatever they want they needed something to make luffy capable of actually becoming the strongest pirate ever. His rubber powers alone weren't gonna do that. It's still magical to me though I do think his hat looks kinda silly and the new intros have lost their touch completely. I will one day go on an adventure aswell.
>>
>>25083083

I think part of the problem is that currently, we still have not gotten to the bottom of the post-timeskip power levels of the Straw Hats. Whereas before, they would have to push themselves to overcome, now they've been saving tricks up their sleeves for the big fights

You now know that Zoro is only keeping his eye closed to give his opponents a handicap, he's probably already beaten Mihawk
>>
Does anyone else want to see an Expanded Universe similar to what Star Wars produced (as in variety and volume of content, a lot of Star Wars EU is shit). Because I fucking do.
>>
File: sugar2.png (205 KB, 423x423) Image search: [Google]
sugar2.png
205 KB, 423x423
>>25083083
(continued)

Haki sort of addressed a problem that was not entirely a problem, HAD Oda not taken the power level thing too lazily.

No, a tough character that jumps into a horde of enemies should NOT survive unless they are literally invincible and understand that the enemy does not hold the counter to their weakness.

But right now in the series, a snow user could jump into a volcano, fight off a horde of enemies wielding flamethrowers, all because they held a specific ranking in the main character's plot.
"They're above this"

No, they're only above this if they can constantly manage their risks.

When the character jumps into an army of enemies, I no longer think "How ballsy, they are awesome"; I just facepalm because I clearly see the X amount of guns pointed at said character, the swords being held out, and no one using them.

Haki perpetuates this whole whacked out power system, in a now completely arbitrary way.
In order to hold any tension in the story, everyone will now have to use Haki, and essentially the intageability aspect of logias that was meant to tout their amazing power has been reduced.
>>
>>25083147

We at least need to see the early adventures of Roger and Garp.
>>
>>25083147
Star Wars is normie trash, fag
>>
File: Zoro's shit-eating grin.jpg (312 KB, 760x1200) Image search: [Google]
Zoro's shit-eating grin.jpg
312 KB, 760x1200
>>25083133
>he's probably already beaten Mihawk
Pffft no but he'll likely get his first real fight at Wano, maybe a gauntlet of them even.

I hope the explanation for his eye is him being half-asleep. If he didn't outright lose it, then that's the only other reason that would fit his characterization.
>>
>all these robots not liking the obscene power creep
It's like you hate fun
>>
File: Zoro in the back.jpg (298 KB, 760x1200) Image search: [Google]
Zoro in the back.jpg
298 KB, 760x1200
>>25083285
Oh shit that was the wrong image.
>>
>>25083438

I think anons don't realize that there's only a few arcs left and we're approaching the end-game
>>
wanpiss has been a part of my life ever since I saw it on TV, after which I watched the anime until enies lobby and then picked up the manga which was at the start of thriller bark

gonna cry like a bitch the day one piece ends, this shit's been a part of my life for around 10 years now
>>
How would you write the final battle?
Who fights who?
Who dies?
What is the treasure?
>>
One Piece(more like One PISS) is vastly inferior to Naruto.
>>
File: The theorized true meaning of D.jpg (653 KB, 1324x1721) Image search: [Google]
The theorized true meaning of D.jpg
653 KB, 1324x1721
>>25083554
>What is the treasure?
Something with the ability (or related) to crack the Red Line and merge the seas again, completing One Peace. Might even be on the moon.
>>
>>25082960
>>25083083
>>25083171
I hear what you're saying, but I feel you're expecting too much. I mean the power level aspect has always been the appeal to shonen manga.

What fun would there be if some underling could just take out Luffy? Would you really be ok with some no name taking out Luffy? What's the point, then? Why have a story around him if everyone is practically on the same plane more or less? Like I said, it just isn't fun. There are other manga for what you are looking for.
>>
>tfw watch the funimation dub
>can't talk to anyone about One Piece because spoiler and they hate me for watching it dubbed
I just can't watch subbed anime
>>
File: Luff2.png (1 MB, 1023x767) Image search: [Google]
Luff2.png
1 MB, 1023x767
>>25083438
It's a lame/ non-exciting powercreep.
Slicing a mountain was still plausible at the beginning, it's just now there's no weight to it.
And Haki just enforces this arbitrary power level system, where if you're a main plot character you are turned into an idiot who never has to worry about any risks. (With the only exception being Blackbeard)
Oda has written tension out of his own universe, and locked it out with haki. The "the more moral and determined character wins the match" ultimately. Even if Haki isn't the major determining factor, it's the highlight/ "ties everything together" mechanic.

Fights aren't really "How does our rubber character fight against this magma beast?"
It's "Who has the stronger haki and X amount of years trained offscreen"

"Who cares? There's always been power levels"
This is infuriating for me and a lot of fans because the very beginning of the series had heavy emphasis on these zany scenarios/ battle matchups. Luffy was also "outside" of your typical power systems; he was the odd one out which thrived based off context in the plotline. He didn't just walk up with his massive power level and beat someone down; he got enraged, cornered, beaten, beaten again, and then out-persisted his opponent.
He fluctuated around this power scale, and ultimately dismantled many parts of it when he took down certain big baddies.
>>
>>25083801
read the manga you plebeian, the anime is dogshit after enies lobby anyway
>>
>>25083801
that Makes you a faggot. Consider suicide. Also Ace dies and we learn he is Rogers son. Luffy freaks out trains for 2 years defeats fishmen and Doflamingo
>>
>>25083554

>How would you write the final battle?

Luffy vs Teach in the ruins of Mariejois, fighting to be the most free pirate in the world

>Who fights who?

Blackbeard Pirates matched up against Straw Hats similar to how Enies Lobby went

>Who dies?
No one in the battle.

One Piece ends with the Pirate King Straw Hat Luffy being lead to the execution platform by Admiral Koby, having turned himself in after the same disease that afflicted the Pirate King Gold Roger (through repeated and heavy usage of the Gomu Gomu Fruit aka Roger's Devil Fruit) afflicts him. A kid jumps out of the crowd and declares to Luffy that he'll become the Pirate King. Luffy plops down the Straw Hat on the kid's head and continues up to the platform.

"Oi! Pirate King! Where's your treasure! The One Piece!"

You know what happens next.

And what song is playing.

>What is the treasure?
The adventure itself.
>>
>>25083811
>no stakes for the Straw Hats
I get where you're coming from but if you didn't realize Luffy is going to become Pirate King and all the straw hats except maybe Jinbe if that happens, we're going to survive to the end then seriously what we're you thinking
>>
File: shitty luffy.jpg (194 KB, 900x441) Image search: [Google]
shitty luffy.jpg
194 KB, 900x441
>>25083666
>What fun would there be if some underling could just take out Luffy? Would you really be ok with some no name taking out Luffy? What's the point, then? Why have a story around him if everyone is practically on the same plane more or less? Like I said, it just isn't fun. There are other manga for what you are looking for.
That's not what I want, but I'd appreciate having that RISK there.
There is no TENSION, and to shonen that's more or less the god damn point when it comes to intense battles. It's less exciting when it's a battle based off this weird magic shit and years of experienced trained offscreen.

Watch the "Dead End" One Piece movie; the whole beginning, the emphasis on world context, the city, the bar scenes- these were fucking awesome. If Luffy hadn't been made out of rubber, he would've died when the guy pulled out a shotgun real quick because Luffy was being a goof.
And everyone carried on after the shot was fired, assuming Luffy was dead. That SCARINESS and intensity to the world. Like, we know our main hero is different, but I want our main hero to also understand where he is, the context, so when he does ballsy moves we REALLY feel like "WTFFFFF!!!!!!"

Luffy was the perfect "keeping you on edge" character until he stopped being a goof and responding to opposition/ scary situations like pic related, as opposed to psychotic/ autistic tendencies that were unpredictable.
>>
>>25083868
>>25083872
>filthy weebs
>liking One Piece
Yeah, right
>>
>>25083489
>Only a few arcs left
Are you fucking kidding? AT LEAST a dozen arcs remain, more then likely a couple as big as Dressrosa (or bigger).
>>
>>25083947
>posting on a korean kitting forum
>not being a weeb
>>
>>25083888
It's literally a cakewalk for the main characters.

The fight with Doffy was a fucking embarrassment to Doffy's character and the rules of this universe.

Seriously, think about it. Doffy is supposed to be this cruel "fights indirectly" asshole who manipulates/ controls people, and corners/ traps people indirectly.

What is Luffy's weaknesses? Loyalty to friends, charging straight at the opponent, using direct attacks, vulnerable to cutting.

What does Doffy have? Invisible strings that can slice flesh. Literally one horizontal string would've ended the fight.
"But Haki"- then a fucking web of string, or some way to guard himself from DIRECT BLUNT ATTACKS. Hell he could essentially fly.

You know what would've been super effective? If Doffy would have left. If Doffy fled, he could still gather his comrades, escape the island, and leave Luffy with the Marines.
However, Luffy's team would've lost the battle "but won the war" since they took all the essential cards from Doffy. This would've been the time for Doffy to back off, recalibrate a new plan, and bite the strawhats in the ass at a later point in the story.
He is scary enough that even if he were to live now and show up later, he would be a massive threat.

Nope!
Fist fight! Doffy literally resorted to easily telegraphed string slices and fist fighting. With Luffy. A guy immune to blunt attacks. -_-
It wasn't satisfying; I would've rather had Doffy leave us with blue balls and make a future appearance/ fist to the face that would feel more satisfying. Or perhaps he could've kidnapped a Strawhat, or an ally! Who knows! He's fucking smart! He should've played the system! He did not have to go down.
>>
>>25082929
That doesn't invalidate my point, you can still come up with ways of combating those with mundane methods.
>>
>>25084176

Doffy nearly killed everyone in an entire country all at once. Shit's no joke
>>
>>25083873
If and when Luffy gets Roger's disease, Chopper will cure it. That's his dream.
>>
>>25083811
Except that's not always the case. Luffy couldn't defeat Magellan. He couldn't save Ace. There was/is a lot of tension still, power creep or not.
>>
>>25082998
You want a link or something? It's a play-by-post RP. You basically make your character, and go out into the setting and go on adventures and have fun.

Other people are playing their own characters and do the same thing, so it's like cooperative storytelling. You write your character, what they do, and make things creative with the plot or part of the setting you're in, and so do they, so it ends up becoming an ongoing story participated in and told by people together.

I like the creativity aspect of it, but also because it's play-by-post, you can play at whatever pace suits you. Whether that's a post every hour, every day, or just once a week or two.
>>
>we are 700+ episodes in to the show
>still dont know what the hell a "one piece" is
>>
>>25084222
Everyone just proclaims Doffy to be this maniacal psychopath who is extremely intelligent and cunning.

He's everything but that. He claimed a city, sat on a throne, manufactured weapons under his feet, and had the whole system held together by one little girl. (Who isn't actually a little girl but with the way she "lost" she was a massive liability)

He would've had at least 10 backup plans and not gone full retard/ making himself a giant "HEY MARINES, PLEASE KILL ME!" target. So he'd destroy Dressrosa. Oh, I guess everyone would forget it existed and be like "Hey Doffy, didn't you have a whole fucking kingdom? Also where are my SMILEs?"

If Doffy would have simply ran away instead of sticking it out till the very end, that would've been MORE satisfying and generous to the story/ tension. He's exactly the type of cunt who would do that. He's a rulebreaker- why would he stick around till the end of a battle with the protagonist? Blackbeard would've ran. In my opinion, he's the scarier/ more cunning and cruel pirate.
Doflamingo is just some spoiled cunt.
>>
>>25084356

You're forgetting Law's machinations and recognizing the inherent chaos Luffy introduces to a situation. Law caught him off guard and you can't plan for Luffy
>>
>watched one piece when there were like 600 episodes
>loved being able to watch about 8 at a time
>reached the most recent episode, started reading the manga in big chunks
>now waiting for releases

it hurts
>>
>>25084321
>not reading the manga

Kill yourself
>>
>>25083873
>Adventure is the treasure
Except Oda said no. Also pretty sure Roger didn't have a fruit. I know they're parallels between Roger and Luffy, but he isn't the same person. Roger never declared war on the world government. Roger burned whole countries for talking shit. Roger had an interest in booze and women. Roger was not Luffy. Luffy is not Roger.
>>
File: finale.png (854 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
finale.png
854 KB, 1024x768
>>25084321
Rio Poneglyph/ the "true history"
Ancient weapon
Not "friendship"

After finding One Piece they'll wrap around the ocean again, most likely through Paradise, meeting a counter attack from the marines/ world government people from Marijoe on the island of Alabasta. Vivi will have to decide who to support; the alliance of pirates/ people who have discovered the true history, or the established government.

And that battle will be the one before the one on Marijoe.
>>
File: 7756734235634.gif (31 KB, 500x492) Image search: [Google]
7756734235634.gif
31 KB, 500x492
>ywn use magic powers and fist fights to solve all the problems in the world
>>
>>25084321
One piece is the treasure at the end of the grand line.

>>25084356
>Doflamingo is just some spoiled cunt.
I think that's the point.

>>25084448
>Luffy
>Behind an army
>Having an army
>>
>>25084298
Yes, please. I'd love to check it out.
>>
>>25084492
>>Luffy
>>Behind an army
>>Having an army
are you literally retarded, the whole point of dressrosa was him getting an army not to mention all the friends he's made along the way on different islands, they're all going to be there for him
>>
>>25084447

We've never seen Roger fight before, I don't think we actually know what he can or cannot do

Also, Shanks could have been looking for and found Roger's fruit when Luffy finally ate it
>>
Needing to live to see Luffy achieve his dream is the only thing that keeps me from killing myself. Ash Ketchum let me down, but Luffy is gonna go the distance.
>>
>>25084497

strawhatforum.proboards.com

You just register, follow the character creation form to get yours approved, and then start playing. Hit me up if you want to do something senpai, we can adventure together maybe.
>>
>>25084532
>Also, Shanks could have been looking for and found Roger's fruit when Luffy finally ate it

Honestly that would kind of sour the whole thing for me. I already thought it was dumb as shit that Ace's fruit got reused, and by his "brother" no less.
>>
>>25084525
He also refused that loyalty entirely.
>>
>>25084492
Luffy will have an "army" because the hidden history, once revealed, will "turn the world upside down"

It's not wild to suggest that maybe the D clan was of some importance/ previous royalty, and that the World Government was something more sinister that the D clan was perhaps suppressing.
The WG rewrote history, left that part hidden forever (except the fact that they couldn't erase the poneglyphs)

When news breaks out, pirates will have to decide whether or not to get rid of the tyranny/ primary threat to them. Regular oppressed citizens will have to either accept the way things are even after this revelation, or join up in arms with the hordes of people who've had enough and are joining the rebellion, behind this powerful man who has ACTUALLY FUCKING FOUND THE ONE PIECE!!!! HE SAILED THE FULL GRAND LINE!!!!
>>
>>25084575
>tripfag
>speedreader
luffy literally said if they're ever in trouble for them to call on him and if he's ever in trouble he'll call on them
>>
>better OP discussion than in the OP threads
Don't know what I expected desu
>>
>>25084635
I read weekly.
He refused the loyalty and accepted their friendship.
He'd be at the front of them and telling tem to go away like he did in dressrosa.
>>
>>25084356
>Blackbeard would've ran. In my opinion, he's the scarier/ more cunning and cruel pirate.
Doflamingo is just some spoiled cunt.

That's why blackbeard is the main antagonist and is still on the run. Doflamingos ego was too big for him to let some little shit ruin his master plan so he ended up saying "fuck it I'll destory my own plan and not let him do it." by your logic everone in one piece should bitch out real fucking quick whenever they see the faintist shimmer of defeat and the story would never end. Also anyone with a shred of pride isnt going to let some noname pirate come fuck with them and they'll just run away, they're going to kill that fucker and make an example of him.
>>
>>25084670
you are literally retarded, and filtered
>>
>>25084543
Thank you friend, a rose in a junkyard for certain.
>>
>>25084699
>You're retarded
>lalalalala I cant hear you
>>
>>25084695
I guess that could make sense that he's spoiled, but Doffy isn't like Enel or Crocodile. Once Doffy started destroying his kingdom, he lost. We didn't need to see Luffy punch him. But Doffy didn't even opt to take hostages/ kidnap anyone/ trap Luffy from something inescapable.

He's not smart, he's a lucky narcissist
>>
>>25083811
I agree. Haki ruined Usopp's transformation into a warrior and Zoro's ability to cut iron for me. A lot of what made the pre-haki battles and the manga in general great was willpower and overcoming your weaknesses. Luffy wasn't always the strongest, didn't have the most powerful devilfruit, but he had a strong will and could defeat his enemies this way.

Now Oda made with Haki an explanation that no one ever asked for. It's literally midichlorians all over again. Willpower is now just an inherited trait that you unlock as you travel along.
>Oh I need to defeat Doffy fast.
>But too bad I just ran out of haki.
>Brb recharging my willpower for 10 minutes.
It's stupid.
>>
>>25084492
>One piece is the treasure at the end of the grand line.
no shit
>>
>>25084842
He's smart, his plan (well laid out), just failed. He didn't consider Sabo arriving, nor that Sugar would get knocked out. If anything he was unlucky, because he put years of effort into maintaininga kingdom with absolute control and meticulous planning, as well as a fiercely loyal crew, and in the end it was just dumb luck that Luffy and the Lawhats managed to succeed.
>>
>>25083873
>One Piece ends with the Pirate King Straw Hat Luffy being lead to the execution platform by Admiral Koby, having turned himself in after the same disease that afflicted the Pirate King Gold Roger (through repeated and heavy usage of the Gomu Gomu Fruit aka Roger's Devil Fruit) afflicts him. A kid jumps out of the crowd and declares to Luffy that he'll become the Pirate King. Luffy plops down the Straw Hat on the kid's head and continues up to the platform.
This is literally the worst thing I've ever read.

If this is how One Piece will end I will honestly consider murdering Oda. I'm postponing my inevitable suicide for the end of One Piece so it better be worth it.
>>
>>25084429
>reading still images instead of watching motion pictures
we're in the 21 century nigga
>>
>>25082075
I honestly stopped caring about the story of One Piece during dressrosa, I just want to know how it ends, desu.
>>
File: worstcharacter.jpg (21 KB, 300x802) Image search: [Google]
worstcharacter.jpg
21 KB, 300x802
Quick, describe the character of Brook WITHOUT mentioning his profession, fighting style, afro or that he's a skeleton.
>>
>tfw confliction between wanting to know the ending and wanting their adventures to go on forever
>>
>>25085110
Really old pervert whos goal is to keep a promise to a friend.
>>
>>25085110
yohohohohohohohohohohohohohohohohohohohohohohohoho
>>
>>25085110
A silly pervert with the typical unwavering loyalty of the strawhats. Usually calm, and being 70ish he's often wise at times. Also makes terrible jokes about being a skeleton.
>>
>>25085110
oda went in the opposite direction i wanted brook to be when he was first introduced. i was hoping he'd be a spooky skeleton that scares the hell out of everyone and fairly serious
>>
Bigger question; Will Caesar become a Strawhat?

I certainly hope so, but I'm biased because I just love Caesar.
>>
>>25085110
An old guy who misses his whale
>>
>>25085262
I think that's how pretty much everyone thinks of Brook at this point. The only thing Brookfags can come up with in defense is that he hasn't actually been doing anything or talking to anyone yet and that he'll be super awesome epic once he's fully integrated in the crew. Completely ignoring that brook already joined something like 10 years ago, that he already traveled the Grand Line during the timeskip, could've visited Laboon at anytime leaving him no reason to even be part of the Strawhat crew.
>>
File: Dream.gif (100 KB, 500x576) Image search: [Google]
Dream.gif
100 KB, 500x576
>25082075
Never say never.

I'm thinking of joining the Navy.
Beats spending my life in my room anyway.

Happiness could be out there, if we only dared go look for it.
>>
>>25085320
I think caesar was a great villain but there's literally no reason for him to join the crew. also logias are op
>>
File: - -_ _ 23 -140,141.jpg (763 KB, 2000x1488) Image search: [Google]
- -_ _ 23 -140,141.jpg
763 KB, 2000x1488
post yfw the day one piece ends

I know it'll hit me like a truck
>>
>>25085547
What do you think will end sooner?
One Piece or Berserk?

Protip: It's a trick question. Both authors will die before finishing.
>>
>>25085320
I am hoping for it, his interactions with the crew are actually cute and hilarious. If Vegapunk is evil, I'm sure Caesar will be the one to vs him.
>>
>>25084582
I'm guessing the clan of D was the previous inhabitants of the kingdom that was destroyed in the void century and the D actually stand for Devil, like the devil fruits, because they are"God's Natural Enemy." The inhabitants of the kingdom either created the devil fruits or found a way to abuse them and be able to use more than one each, just like Teach. All of the clan of D are able to take an extreme amount of punishment when they fight and not die, i.e. Luffy, Whitebeard, Law, Teach. Teach is also stated as having an atypical body and that's why he uses the yami-yami so effectively. When the other kingdoms found this out before the void century they couldn't let one country gain the upper hand like that and they banded together and fought them with the ancient weapons, that is why the ancient weapons even exist in the first place, like noah, and aren't just blueprints like pluton. After a battle that lasted 100 years the gov't ended up winning and couldn't let anyone else gain that kind of power so they wiped all of their history. Some of the people of the kingdom survived though and they live on with the will of D and will eventually take out the world gov't.

I think in the end luffy is gonna learn this and have to end up eating another/several more devil fruits and him and Teach are going to have some kind of crazy battle that changes the world.
>>
File: image.jpg (114 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
114 KB, 640x480
Who /heart pirates/ here
>>
>>25085982
By the time that happens everyone will be on luffys side, as Mihawk said one of luffys strongest "power" is getting people on his side.
>>
>>25086033
WE GET IT YOU'RE A FEMALE. FUCK

FUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK
>>
>>25086033
how can anyone take law seriously with his silly hat? and his fashion sense is terrible
>>
>>25086033
I'm waiting till they do something.
So far only Law alone seems worth a shit.
>>
>>25083811
>when he took down certain big baddies

Oi oi, sopurano-yaro -- Luffy SHOULD NOT have beaten Crocodile!
>>
One piece will be the greatest anti climax ever, can't wait to see the backlash
>>
>>25085456
>Logins
>OP in the New World
Pick one. Caesar is a good interesting character, has lots of fun interactions with the rest of the crew, and now that Dressrosa has been resolved, they have no reason to keep him as a hostage. Plus he's proven quite capable and his former bounty is in line with the other Strawhats (Not that bounty means much, but it's something). He's also pretty silly which goes with the other Strawhats.
>>
>>25084176
Bro, why are you writing this? You didn't learn your lesson from Naruto?

I like OP, especially for it's killer story/worldbuilding, but at the same time, I've already prepared myself for the worst. Just try to enjoy whatever happens, no matter how painful
>>
>>25084176
are you dumb? the whole point of the fight was that luffy couldn't beat doflamingo alone

hell gear 4 luffy couldn't beat an already severely weakened doflamingo despite giving it his all, if it wasn't for plot armor doffy would have killed him during the 10 minute downtime and it'd have been over
>>
>>25086240
Crocodile: 81 million (or whatever it's on)
Jack: 1 billion bounty

Yet after seeing Croc vs Jozu (who I'd put in the same tier as Jack), I think Croc might actually put up a fight: Jack would obviously be the better fighter but not a straight stomp.

>>25084769
Not him, but what exactly do you think is going to happen? You can argue semantics, but I honestly don't think Luffy would take on an army alone/ with crew, even if it's done comically
>>
>>25086240
Oda admitted he introduced croc too early.
>>
>>25082960
in retrospect luffy wasn't even bleeding that much during that battle, I'm calling haki desu senpai
>>
File: blackbeard.jpg (1 MB, 1843x1100) Image search: [Google]
blackbeard.jpg
1 MB, 1843x1100
>We will never see post-timeskip Blackbeard

I just wanna see ZEHAHAHA again.
>>
>>25087915
Check the wiki, he's one of kaido's subordinates
>>
>>25082179
Best opening.
>>
>>25089667
I dunno, I still like the very first the best.
>>
>>25083061
I think it has to do with the relationship between the reader and the manga itself. Before the Haki explanation, we couldn't know for sure what it was, so it wasn't visually represented in the art.
>>
>>25082592
>uses taste in anime to feel superior

o i am laffin
>>
>>25089712
One Piece openings are god tier in general. Even the fucking dubbed ones.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5svxuS3L9_s
>>
>>25089580
I thought blackbeard was like a cool uncle earlier in the series. eating his pies and giving you inspiration. now he just seems like a double crossing piece of shit. I can't help but feel like he has a hidden reason for doing all this stuff. i hope that reason is a good one.
>>
>>25089712
the first one fills me with good feels. like nostalgia and comfort
>>
>>25089893
Same, like he's sort of just always "around" since he's also moving along the Grand Line at a comparable rate. He's kind of just in the background mostly, but might knock some sense into you or help you out in a pinch if you need it.

But no, he's an actual murderer, one of the few if only people who actually kills people in the setting, and will betray you like it's going out of style.
>>
>>25089893
He's Luffy's antithesis which is established when they argue in Jaya's bar, he believes the same stuff Luffy does only he goes about using people to get what he wants rather than befriending them.
>>
>>25089938
Same, might not actually be a great opening in the whole lineup of openings, but it's my favorite for the nostalgia and feels.
>>
>>25086153
well, he ripped a bunch of still-beating hearts out of people. i think that would make you take somebody a little more seriously
>>
Best opening coming through

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGreqBriJkQ
>>
>>25089955
I still feel like he's doing this for more than the power. I think he knows about all the mysteries. like the blank century and the one piece and devil fruits. he must be trying to change something. makes me wonder if he's even bad
>>
Fucking love One Piece, senpai.

I wanna form a pirate crew with other robots and learn haki and rokushiki and go stand tall against the normies.

With my luck, I'd find a devil fruit, get really excited, eat it, and then develop the power to feel sadder than before or something.
>>
>>25090063
The sad sad fruit
it gives you the power to fucking kill yourself
>>
>>25090063
Should make a robot crew to fuck the normies on that RP site the guy posted, >>25084543
>>
>>25090027
Thats not We Go senpai
>>
>>25090092

What's our flag?

What's our captain's power? Maybe he'd eat the Miss Miss Fruit, where he's unable to get a gf or good job or anything, but also manages to avoid getting murdered or contracting something that causes an early death. Like a + or - S rank luck modifier depending on the situation.

Also, is the navigator a kawaii trap that sucks all the crewmates sweaty dicks and lets him smash their boypussi while the waves rock the boat all night?

But for real senpai, One Piece rouses A Man's Romance in me like nothing else. I like it more and more as I get older. Anyone else 25+ and a One Piece fan? It's the only weekly release I bother to still read.
>>
>>25090027
I think you mean

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tyr7Ymbtl2Y

The hypest OP OP.

Gear Second is probably my favorite manga/anime powerup ever. That scene where he utterly fucking stomps Blueno after activating it for the first time is so good.
>>
>>25090190
>What's our flag?
A smug frog skull, over the words "JUST b urself!"

>What's our captain's power?
He has the power to repel women too.

>trap navigator
Sounds good.
>>
>>25084664
I didn't even know robots liked One Piece
>>
>>25090071
Oh lord I keked so hard
>>
>>25086755
Crocodile hid all the shit he did. It's the opposite of Jack. It's just natural that his bounty would be low by the time he became a Shichibukai.

>>25088195
Have to agree. Oda should have done something like having Luffy poison Crocodile with his own hook, to make his defeat feel more real.
>>
File: dream.jpg (90 KB, 1350x1014) Image search: [Google]
dream.jpg
90 KB, 1350x1014
>>25090373

Robots are cynical, crushed romantics that hold the dream of A Man's Romance in their hearts; remember, Luffy's entire crew is basically one of NEETs.

NEETs follow their own dreams, senpai. Just like the Strawhats.

This scene is full enlightened NEETcore; a bunch of normies (Chad Bellamy and his crew) beat the shit out of Luffy and Zoro, who don't even bother fighting because those normie shits ain't even worth their time.

Then, this big, fat, pie-chomping fuck who gives no shits what anyone thinks about him, declares while drunk on his ass in the middle of the day, that dreams never die, and how they showed those normie faggots what was what.

>>25090265

>tfw no cutie trap slut navigator to warm my cock in at night
>tfw you will never show off the results of your training during a big fight with a rival crew and save all of your fellow robots
>tfw you will never steal gold from sky jews
>tfw you will never learn haki and knock smug logia chads on their ass
>tfw you will never get drunk on a pirate ship in the middle of the day, not knowing where the fuck you are, what you're doing, or where you should be going, but not giving ANY fucks anyway because NEETLYFE

Why can't I be a One Piece, robot bros?
>>
>you will never gangrape a mermaid with your sworn robot brothers and take turns pounding her fishy butthole and loading it with your creamy caviar

Why even live?
>>
>>25090504
>tfw no crab zoan fruit to eat and use to help my robot bros
>>
File: Bloster.jpg (322 KB, 1511x1651) Image search: [Google]
Bloster.jpg
322 KB, 1511x1651
>>25090541

>tfw you will never use your crab claws to castrate Chads and circumcise slut Stacies in the New World
>tfw you will never make crab puns all day or turn into a crab midrape of the trap navigator just to spook him
>>
>>25089893
Theres a theory(or is is official?) that there was a traitor in the D family who gave away their secrets that led to their defeat. It implies that Marshal D Teach is the successor of that traitor.
>>
Posting the GOAT One Piece theory.

http://orojackson.com/threads/scaling-the-red-line-raftel.4296/
>>
File: 1447946210233.jpg (184 KB, 536x555) Image search: [Google]
1447946210233.jpg
184 KB, 536x555
>you will never kick stacey and chad at the speed of light
Thread replies: 152
Thread images: 30

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.