[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>There are people who unironically believe life begins at
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: 1360083998271.jpg (102 KB, 367x451) Image search: [Google]
1360083998271.jpg
102 KB, 367x451
>There are people who unironically believe life begins at conception
>>
File: 1439705603636.jpg (64 KB, 629x517) Image search: [Google]
1439705603636.jpg
64 KB, 629x517
>>25081784
My personal opinion is that life begins at conception, but isn't autonomous and self-sufficient (to the degrees which define life, such as brain functionality, or - better yet - an independent heartbeat which deviates from the mother's) until about 6 weeks.

Until this point, it is merely an extension of the mother; a conglomerate of unintelligent DNA.
Once you commit to an abortion after that 6-week mark, you're killing a human. Any time before that is fine, from what I can judge, based on what I've read.

I'm torn between giving people free choice over their bodies, and the ethical crisis of killing what may or may not be a living creature. Such a complex topic.
>>
Not a person till it has a personality
>>
>>25082374
should've used "terminate", as killing implies life where there may not be.
>>
>>25082395
no im going to use the term kill because fuck your feelings you're killing a lifeform
>>
>>25082621
Okay, and you can.
I'm not sure, so I'm not going to claim to know, hence the ambiguous language.
>>
>>25082374
> and the ethical crisis of killing what may or may not be a living creature

What are the odds that a fetus grows to be a living creature?

This is the only question you need to answer to determine whether abortion is morally wrong or not.
>>
I'm 22 and I still don't have life
>>
>>25082652
hey good post
>>
only a human when it can survive on it's own body.
>>
>>25082639
Wouldn't those odds be skewed though by the potentially healthy babies whose lives have been cut short? Seems like it would negate that whole premise if they're dying anyway.
>>
>>25082847
we're all dying senpai

>>25082779
a fetus can only grow into a human

you're killing something where if you go on with you everyday life and don't do anything abnormal will eventually become a human
>>
>>25082921
This is why I'm torn. I feel like there should be a middle ground called Pro Choice Within Reason. I support the control over making the decision, but only if there are circumstances which present danger to the fetus, the mother, or both. If the fetus will die in utero, the abortion should be carried through. No need for the additional trauma of a miscarriage or a stillbirth.

Not just anybody should have access to an abortion, though. If you're some dumb fuck teenager or young adult who didn't take the necessary precautions, there should be an element of personal accountability that comes into play when appealing for one. If they tamper with the pregnancy via drugs or other intentional trauma, bring up criminal charges.

There's always adoption; don't kill over your negligence. That's my motto.
>>
File: 1368935829085.jpg (71 KB, 509x619) Image search: [Google]
1368935829085.jpg
71 KB, 509x619
>>25081784
>>There are people who unironically believe life begins after highschool
>tfw that was me
>you missed the starting gun
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.