[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How can I stop caring about others?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: head2.jpg (149 KB, 1024x682) Image search: [Google]
head2.jpg
149 KB, 1024x682
So we all know this world is fucked up. But it's not my fault that others are miserable and have shitty lives, so why do I still feel bad about the suffering of others?

I'm not responsible for their shitty existence, nor it's my duty to save their lives; so why do I still feel affected by their misery?

How can I stop giving a fuck?
>>
>>25079424
Frontal lobe brain damage
>>
>>25079424
the moment you realize the rest don't give a fuck about you.

it is just reciprocal in my case. why should i care for people that don't care for me
>>
>>25079459
This is what I tell myself usually. I agree.
>>
>>25079424
Evolution of universal moral emotions.
Something like >>25079451 could work.
>>
When I was a depressed teen I wanted what OP wanted.

But as I got older I realised just how little I'd have if I had no one to love.
>>
>>25079699
You don't understand. I'm not talking about not having friends or not loving your family. I care about my friends and family.

I'm talking about people I don't know or I'll never meet.
>>
>>25079817
Oh, I don't know...

Have you concidered being one of those people that tries to make the world better?

Like working in or opening a shelter or something? Or just buying a meal for a homeless dude?

I don't think you'll be able to cut everyone else's suffering off, but you'll feel a lot better if you try to ease others suffering.

Also, it'd be a cool fucking thing to do.
>>
>>25079424
Oldfag here. Once you get in your 30s you'll stop caring about shit like that. You realize you're not immortal and nothing you do in this life matters, and that the only logical approach to life is make yours as good as possible. When i was young i wanted to change the world. I even went so far as applying to the peace corp, which seems hysterical to me now
>>
File: 2lMztl1.webm (695 KB, 406x720) Image search: [Google]
2lMztl1.webm
695 KB, 406x720
>>25079424
I have very little empathy

I'm pretty sure I was born like this, I may be slightly autistic or assburger... I don't know

Becoming a shut-in without social contact for years removed any empathy I had left and spending enough time online let me learn about how fucking disgusting people are and how much they deserve everything bad

A lack of empathy can be justified logically - people just don't give a fuck about your problems so why should you care about theirs? It's plain stupid.

I'm not a bad person. I volunteer with retards and I help old ladies when they drop things. I just have no attachment to these people. I wouldn't care if I saw them die in front of me, I giggle like a schoolgirl when I hear a child in pain and enjoy pushing people over their limits and watch them try to squirm and contain their emotions. One day while working with the retards I shouted one downy's name really loudly and she burst into tears and went into the crouch position. I went over and tried to comfort her as others were watching but couldn't stop laughing.
>>
>>25079424
If you stop caring about people, people will stop caring about you. So at the very the least even if you don't care, act like you give a fuck.
>>
>>25080313
Again, I'm talking about people I'll never meet. I'm not talking about co-workers, people I need to help due to my job, friends or family. Of course I care about and love those.
>>
>>25080186
>Becoming a shut-in without social contact for years removed any empathy I had left and spending enough time online let me learn about how fucking disgusting people are and how much they deserve everything bad

This so much. People IRL have made me come to this conclusion as well.
>>
>>25079424
You can't that's simply your personality. Try taking 16personalities test and you'll see for yourself
>>
>>25079424
You'll loose empathy as you grow older. Your body changes and your mind changes with your body.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.