[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Maybe we're all miserable because >we aren't the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: 1450334874287.jpg (84 KB, 460x613) Image search: [Google]
1450334874287.jpg
84 KB, 460x613
Maybe we're all miserable because
>we aren't the people we're supposed to be
> we aren't hanging with "our" people who are supposed to love and support us
>we're all experiencing a type of longing and homesickness that's been going on for so long we call it depression now
>what if you don't want to even be Chad, what if you find your real happiness as a baker
> what if you're gay and just fighting it or something
> if different realities exist, there's a you who is happy and being fulfilled by no one else's standards but his own
What do you think?
>>
>if different realities exist, there's a you who is happy and being fulfilled by no one else's standards but his own
Why do you idiots misunderstand this theory
lets break it down
you flip an infinite number of coins
now, of course its 50/50 heads/tails each time
but thats only a CHANCE of either/or each time
you are not GUARANTEED to hit a heads at any point or a tails at any point
but theres a large CHANCE you will.

So, if there are infinite alternate realities, yeah, theres a chance XYZ could be true, but that isn't a guarantee.
>>
>>25078722
I don't really care about quantum physics as I am no longer 15 and edgy. I'm just saying that we're probably not living up to our full potential and it's deeper than just not fucking 100 women and getting shitfaced. Somewhere though, that happiness is obtainable.
>>
I like how the 'America is so free' meme started out as a joke taking the piss out of loud jingoistic redneck patriots who unironically said things like "WE'RE BRINGING FREEDOM AND DEMOCRACY TO THE IRAQI'S!" as well as a jibe at how fictional and imaginary American's conception of what 'Freedom' really is, but that flew over the heads of newer internet users.
>>
I'm not sure OP.

I am able to see that the reasons for my depression are straight out pointless, yet I cannot fight my own feelings for some reason.
>>
>>25078972
That's how I feel too, but it might be because we're lost. I think I should have been a full time artist, I never feel more normal than when I'm making art and listening to music. Even other artists seem so relatable, they don't even think I'm a sperg. Instead I'm wagecucking with old people and pursuing a major I no longer care about.
>>
>>25078820
Any community that gets its laughs by pretending to be idiots will eventually be infiltrated by real idiots who mistakenly believe that they are in good company.
(original)
>>
>>25079305
The joke was made in the atmosphere of a time where the entire country was being dragged into a second war for dubious reasons because of the the lying testimony of our un-elected leaders and The Patriot act, a shameless ironic branding of a bill designed to curb privacy of citizens and give power to the federal government to detain persons indefinitely was big in the public consciousness.

People forget at all the "RAH RAH 'MURRICA" ironic jibes at the expense of the dullards got whipped up by 9/11 hysteria, somewhere along the way the irony wore off but the "RAH RAH 'MURRICA" stuck around.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.