[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who Beta here? >Joined a gym >used the two complimentary
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: unnamed.png (20 KB, 397x370) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.png
20 KB, 397x370
Who Beta here?
>Joined a gym
>used the two complimentary personal trainer sessions
>and have found myself to awakard to say no to further sessions
>too much of a pussy to cancel sessions and workout on my own
>>
Oh man, at first I was too dumb to realize that the two free training sessions at our gym were basically designed to try to sell you an ongoing program, but as soon as they broke out those dollar figures I was fucking outta there. I guess money is enough to beat my beta nature
>>
>>25078446

Tbh just use them, get them to show you a wide range of exercises and work on proper form.

I went several years of lifting and even co-owning a gym for a couple of years before i recently paid for a bunch of PT sessions after becoming more concerned about good back and joint health.

If you have the sessions now, you will progress faster and wont develop bad dangerous habits.
Otherwise you're that guy "deadlifting" 200kg with a bent back making everyone else in the room wince.
>>
>>25078472
Yeah I'm a dumbass, but fortunately haven't dropped much money yet, I was smart enough to be able to use the christmas stuff to get not do anything next week. So I can try and figure out how to workup the courage to cancel without humiliating myself.
>at least its 24 hour gym so I can go at like 1 in the morning
Also any tips for workouts
>>
>>25078472
This is what happened to me the first couple times I went to babby's first gym.

>wanted to sell me 200 dollar nutrition plan
>gave me a female PT she was a thick ginger though and really qt so it's not all bad
>wanted to just work out on my own but they made me go through the motions because "we're liable if you hurt yourself unless you do these sessions it's mandatory :^)"
>got a headrush from doing some stupid machine exercise she wanted me to do and embarrassed myself

Later, when I was finally free to lift how I wanted, they made me get a free PT again- but a male one this time because I was squatting heavy but my foot placement was off.

>eventually just went to /fit/ and read starting strength and learned everything they wanted to slowly spool out to me over a year in a weekend instead
>started making sick teengains
>ginger PT would always try to get my attention and ask how things were doing
>might have been 'mirin
>was too aloof to possibly get that older woman chubby-fit puss-puss
>>
>>25078856
>>25078777
tl;dr go read the sticky on /fit/
>>
>>25078870
Yeah I have but I'm a beta so I'm trying to deal with my anxiety and go it alone
>>
>>25079012
Anxiety always complicates things but just tell them you don't have the cash for it.
>>
>>25078446
You're not even beta, omega
>>
>>25078472
>>25078446
Barbell + weights + bank + squat stands

If you don't need any fancy movements you will be better off with a free workout at home.
>>
>>25079044
Sounds like this is going to be my plan
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.