[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I stop the constant barrage of embarrassing memories that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: 1438440438528.jpg (96 KB, 633x742) Image search: [Google]
1438440438528.jpg
96 KB, 633x742
How do I stop the constant barrage of embarrassing memories that paralyze me every day?
>>
>>25077239
I force myself to think of something else. Usually try and do something that I don't want to do, like work on my car, clean my room, organize taxes, etc.

A lot of older people will say to drink, but alcohol is a depressant you stupid fucks.
>>
File: Phantom.jpg (120 KB, 965x226) Image search: [Google]
Phantom.jpg
120 KB, 965x226
>>25077239
Pic related helped me. It can be applied to any unwanted thoughts or feelings.
>>
>>25077239
I have a memory defect that means I lose all memories longer than 5 years ago
>>
>>25077948
I repress memories like a motherfucker for some reason. Almost everything before I turned 19 was shut out.
>going about my day
>random memory
>never knew that happened
>>
Set some old photos/letters/etc... on fire. I did that and felt pretty good afterwards.
>>
meditation. I mean it, it really works.
>>
I would say stop posting on this board. It goes without saying, but for some reason hundreds of people come here every day to enable one another's toxic thought process. And its also a given that the only alternative is to try to become a normalfuck which is not really an option when you've lived this way. I am trying to figure it out myself buddy.
>>
>>25077260
No drinking doesnt really help. It alleviates boredom, but also makes you think and do really stupid shit. So if you have that problem already it will end badly.
>>
File: 1449589645036.jpg (110 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1449589645036.jpg
110 KB, 640x640
>>25077239
>How do I stop the constant barrage of embarrassing memories that paralyze me every day?
I had this problem through high school, luckily I was popular enough to not need to be social in order to have friends.
Ive found some helpful fixes
1). If you are listening to music while a thought comes into your head, change the song. Same with any other kind of media. If you have to just leave the room.
2). If you cant do 1. then remember that there was a reason you acted the way you did, and its NOT because you are an autistic fuck. Justify it to yourself.
3). If you made someone else feel embarrassed or laugh do the old "I did it on purpose" method
4). Train yourself to lie to yourself
not going to say this will make you a better person but the thoughts will go away.
>>
>>25077948
are you the guy with an iq of 80?
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.