[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone else constantly daydreaming about leaving society and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5
File: images-4.jpg (26 KB, 448x329) Image search: [Google]
images-4.jpg
26 KB, 448x329
Anyone else constantly daydreaming about leaving society and settling down in a cabin by your lonesome? Feels bad that Ill probably never have the balls to actually live like this
>>
I do, all the time. So long as I still had internet to listen to music, post on /r9k/, and continue to watch the downfall of society, I would be happy as can be.
>>
File: file.png (1 MB, 1280x824) Image search: [Google]
file.png
1 MB, 1280x824
i want to go off the grid, but I'm too addicted to internet
>>
I plan to do it when I'm 40.
>>
It sounds great on the surface, but I think I prefer the conveniences of modern society. I don't know if I have it in me to become self-sufficient in nature
>>
>>25076935
You'd miss the internet for about a week or so. Once you schedule is filled with all the things you *have* to do when living detatched from society, you'd forget about it pretty quickly, believe me.
>>
File: betauprising_poster.jpg (149 KB, 752x938) Image search: [Google]
betauprising_poster.jpg
149 KB, 752x938
Anybody know anything about satellite internet or some such here? I can take care of food, water and electricity but I NEED to shitpost.

>>25076970

You'll never do it. I guarantee it.
>>
>>25076935

Ask yourself what you really want. Aside from crime or the irl equivalent of e-pen0r there is no good reason to go off grid. Find you 10 acres or so innawoods aout 45 minutes from the nearest city. You can get electricity from the grid, if no cable or dsl then you can do satellite or 4g for internet. It may not support modern online gaming but most of us just download animu and play old games anyway, that it can handle flawlessly. Water can come from a well, well and cistern if you're paranoid. Shitwater drains into a septic tank/field and greywater can go to a simple gravel bed. You can do aquaponics or other biointensive methods so growing food will take a minimal of effort and time. You can raise rabbit and goats for meat, fiber, fur, and milk if you want more to do. Beekeeping, wine, beer, and spirits are other good innawoods activities. Check out simple solar homesteading. It's some cool shit. It's kind of like the tiny house thing. Pour a concrete foundation or use post and pier and build a 12x12 cottage with a huge loft for sleeping in.Mr money mustache has plans for a nice concrete shower. We live in an amazing time. Self sufficiency is a trivial task, no more effort than a part time job, and even that is unnecessary because why not just go down to the store and pick up 50lb bags of grains, sugar, and other shit. You're time as a neet is far to valuable to waste growing wheat, corn,and potatoes. They cost next to nothing and are rather wasteful when you could grow cool shit like grapes, artichokes, and flowers.

Lately I've been looking at heirloom tobacco. It's a fascinating process, growing, curing, fermenting, cutting, preparing, storing, and smoking/chewing/snorting.I can't wait for my homestead life. When I began looking into I wanted to be offgrid, but practically speaking I get little from it beyond bragging rights. Solar power on the grid means I get paid and have steady power even when dark and no battery banks.
>>
>>25077311
t. city boy hipster who doesn't understand how shitty farm life is
>>
>>25077341

That's what I'm trying to help him with. I grew up in a few different places, gravel roads, forests, cow fields, I have a broad idea of how life is on the grid and what most people mean by off grid is exactly how we lived except on the grid. We could go all weekend and only have two or three pickups drive by the road in front of our house. There's more than enough solitude. I wouldn't call farm life shitty. I mean maybe megafarms for profit, but a self sufficiency farm is pretty cool. I even made some pretty sweet dosh from selling oyster mushrooms. Piss easy to grow but sell for stupid high prices. You can even grow pink and yellow varieties and charge more and say they're rare or some bullshit and farmers market people eat that shit up. Farm life is fucking awesome.
>>
I want to go full Richard Proenneke but I don't have the skills
>>
File: 1432974284174.jpg (71 KB, 400x388) Image search: [Google]
1432974284174.jpg
71 KB, 400x388
>>25076909
This is exactly what i yearn for too OP.
>>
Only to become an immortal sage

and survive the emerging chaos

then to live again in a new age
>>
File: teddy.jpg (41 KB, 337x499) Image search: [Google]
teddy.jpg
41 KB, 337x499
>>25076909

Yep. Even read Thoreau's "Walden" and picrelated because of it, lol. And watch shit about Vikings and pre-Industrial societies.

I just want to drop out of this fucked up, man-hating society, this techno-sodom without any freedom...
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.