[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>browsing old forum posts from the early 2000's >that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 4
File: ancient feels.png (20 KB, 539x465) Image search: [Google]
ancient feels.png
20 KB, 539x465
>browsing old forum posts from the early 2000's
>that eerie feeling you get when all those accounts are inactive. last posting years ago
>no new posts or members since 2006
>like even no admin posts
>an entire forum, and culture abandoned

It's creepy as fuck, like coming across a fucking ghost ship
>>
>>25073822
It makes me feel sad more than anything. I wonder what all those people are doing now.
>>
File: jeb waifu.jpg (56 KB, 650x477) Image search: [Google]
jeb waifu.jpg
56 KB, 650x477
>>25073822

What forum do you have in mind OP?

I honed my trolling skills on various message boards in the early 2000s before Facebook dragged every normie onto the internet and fucked shit up. It's fun to read back on my old teenage posts and indulge in the nostalgia.
>>
>had 11,700 people listed on an old chat app
>last time any of them were online was 2 years ago
>swarm ( filtered friends )last online 11 years ago

Man..
>>
>>25073822

>tfw my posts on just such a forum from 2001-2003 have immortalized the stupidity of my youth on the internet for over a decade
>tfw reading what you wrote when you were 12

shits weird man
>>
File: 1405654930127.gif (58 KB, 582x582) Image search: [Google]
1405654930127.gif
58 KB, 582x582
>>25073900
Not OP, but........

>used to post on something awful
>Loved the camaraderie and funny stories
>Sophisticated user-base so everything was incredibly well written
>OC up the ying-yang, rarely any reposts
>revered senator lowtax
>mfw site and user-base have gone to shit
>mfw sjw central
>mfw 1984 style censorship
What the fuck happened?
>>
File: trumpchan.jpg (37 KB, 565x761) Image search: [Google]
trumpchan.jpg
37 KB, 565x761
>>25074038

Censorship and SJW crusades seem to be the order of the day in 2015. It wasn't always like this. I guess 10 years ago the internet consisted solely of young white males, before Facebook enticed your granny to learn to surf the web.

The Wild West days of the internet are sadly gone. It wasn't so long ago that you could doxx someone on 4chan and gather a personal army to harass them with crank calls. These days that will earn you a ban. We'll never have epic lulz like that again.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.