[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Self-improvement
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 8
File: 1444641913771.gif (657 KB, 500x648) Image search: [Google]
1444641913771.gif
657 KB, 500x648
Self-improvement thread! The world doesnt own you anything. You have to work for it. Share tips and stories! Lets get better together ^_^
>>
>>25073580
>The world doesnt own you anything
actually it does
balance is the key of the mechanism of universe
by creating duality, god pledges to equate the imbalance that he created
>>
One time I was sitting at my desk reading about some robobro who raised a duck and I though "I want to jack off" and then didn't. Does that count as self improvement?
>>
>>25073580
I'm going to stop drinking and start working out from this weekend. I really am ;-;
too hangover to start today
>>
>>25073627
so what exactly does the world owe me because id like to cash in on it ASAP, thnx
>>
>>25073627
>hello I'm retarded
>>
>>25073646

Not OP, but if you consciously fought the want to do something because of your commitment to a principle, then it does.
>>
>>25073627
A bit off.
We say balance is the key because we can only perceive duality. Thats how we are made, thats why grasping the truth is so hard for us. More or less, good or bad, beneficial or not.
>>
>>25073627
chaos is the mechanism of the universe
>>
>>25073657
literally whatever you want the most

>>25073658
hi

>>25073670
not off at all. duality is an illusion to create experience between what you perceive you are and what you are not.

>Thats how we are made, thats why grasping the truth is so hard for us. More or less, good or bad, beneficial or not.
like i said, to create experience, duality is created. so god can experience himself. in real there is no such thing as duality, but only "one". whatever you lack is to create the static energy, only to fullfill itself eventually

>>25073677
completely wrong
>>
>>25073767
Everything was created from chaos.
>>
>>25073767
>completely wrong

Chaos theory has proven that the universe is chaotic in nature. Even mentioning duality shows how silly you are. What are you going to do next, start posting Alan Watts videos and Deepak Choprah lectures?
>>
here is my short term check list / goals
>improve facial appearance (will be setting up an appointment with orthodontist to get palate expansion, jaw surgery, and braces)
>im an ex mouthbreather, i breathe through nose full time during day now but i need to find a way to do it at night
>ENT surgery to fix my deviated septum, which will allow easier nose breathing
>fix forward head by sitting properly and doing exercises, also trying a different sleeping method
>cure peanut allergy by eating 2 peanuts a day
>continue exercising
>continue maintaining a good gpa
>improve social skills (first i have to research how then implement)
>improve wardrobe (when i get money)
>>
File: 1438032846445.png (148 KB, 378x293) Image search: [Google]
1438032846445.png
148 KB, 378x293
>>25073827
maybe you can share one of your peanuts with a random stranger in order to overcome your social anxiety
>>
>>25073853
kek

i dont have social anxiety though, just bad social skills
>>
>>25073767
Ok, I see your point.

>>25073827
>continue exercising
What exercises do you do?
>improve social skills (first i have to research how then implement)
Talk. Just talk to people. No matter who or about what. It all helps.
>>
>purposely trying to turn self-improvement into tumblr so robots will never want to better themselves
Fuck off?
>>
>>25073827
>improve facial appearance (will be setting up an appointment with orthodontist to get palate expansion, jaw surgery, and braces)
>ENT surgery to fix my deviated septum, which will allow easier nose breathing

Are you rich?
>>
>>25073796
it looks like chaos to u cuz u cant see the structure behind it. just like ignoring the orders of atoms when u see a disorganised bedroom

>>25073825
read more or come with better arguments or it gets boring to be exact my bloodline

>>25073889
thnks
>>
>>25073889
>What exercises do you do?
wrestling team during school year, and boxing over summer.
>Talk. Just talk to people. No matter who or about what. It all helps.
that's my problem. im a very quiet person, im not shy but i just have literally nothing to say to people.
>Are you rich?
majority of the costs are covered by OHIP (canadian government), the rest will be covered by my loan (around 8k i guess?)
>>
>>25073649
Aw yiss bro, do SS and bulk (unless you're fat) after 6 months switch to something else to add mass and you win
>>
>>25073971
>wrestling team during school year, and boxing over summer.
How often do you train?
>that's my problem. im a very quiet person, im not shy but i just have literally nothing to say to people.
Chat on fb or sth. No need to be in person. Even Omegle is good enough to start with.
>>
I'm getting my first job soon. It's disaster clean-up.
If it doesn't pull through I guess I'll apply for work at Kroger with my brother's friend I kind of know.
>>
File: image.jpg (19 KB, 353x352) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
19 KB, 353x352
tfw you try to stop breathing through your mouth only to find out you have a deviated septum and it's next to impossible to actually breathe through your nose...just fucking kill me
>>
>>25074030
i train around 2-3 times a week

im actually great at chatting with people online because i have time to think out my response. omegle is actually a great idea because it's face to face, although im a bit wary of people recording on there
>>
>>25074097
Try to train more often.
Omegle has a chat-only option too ^_^
>>
>>25074088
im this guy
>>25073827
visit an ENT and they can fix your deviated septum and create more space in ur nose to breathe. also do what ever you can to fix your allergies so you dont get a stuffy nose. try surgical tape to keep your mouth closed at night
>>25074113
im always tired as hell from uni but ill try
>>
>>25074113
btw what are your goals?
>>
>>25074170
I think my only goal is to keep my life together as long as possible.
>>
>>25074206
why, is ur life falling apart anon?
>>
>>25073827
Your peanut allergy might be causing nasal polyps which result in mouthbreathing. That's what happened to me, caused anterior open bite so I'm having double jaw surgery in 5 weeks to get it corrected and will get polyps removed a few months after I've recovered. Shits not cheap though, the surgery is $22k in Australia and braces were like 4k, where do you live and do you have private insurance? I can guide you through the process if you have any questions, I understand what you're going through
>>
>>25074250
No, but atm its great - I have a gf, I workout/train every day, my schedule is busy but I still have free time, gonna be a model soon (first photoshoot is this sunday) so I just wanna keep it going as long as possible ^_^
>>
>>25074306
i dont think i have nasal polyps because my ENT checked out my nasal passages. i became a mouthbreather at a young age because of my many allergies like pollen, ragweed, etc. mouth breathing is no joke, i feel you man.

i live in canada. no insurance, im poor. OHIP covers majority of surgery costs. braces + surgery will be probably around 10k.

you're in the home stretch though, good luck with your surgery. apparently you can get really good facial results from double jaw surgery.

did you have any teeth removed for the braces? do you go to a generic orthodontist or did you do your research into one?
>>
>>25074416
They were going to remove two teeth but they decided not to, instead doing some extra cutting of teeth during the surgery no idea on specifics yet

I got recommended to a really good ortho by a guy I saw about TMJ, and he works with one of the best surgeons in my city so got pretty lucky desu

Ya my main reasoning behind it was better aesthetics but I have some functional problems like teeth grinding leading to jaw pain, clicking etc

It's been a long road man and I'm glad it's finally around the corner, definitely go ahead with it and good luck to you too
>>
>>25074416
Also be prepared to have your braces on for at least 12 months before your surgery which is a bit of a pain as I assume you're an 18-21 guy but you just gotta roll with it, try get clear ones if you can

gl
>>
>>25073827

https://www.youtube.com/user/ccarrieb

Think twice, anon.
>>
Self-awareness is nice to have. Really surprises me how so few people possess it.
>>
>>25075549
How do you define self-awareness?
>>
>>25073670
You obviously have no idea what you're talking about. Cuck back off to Gaia Online or wherever the fuck you came from. If you're trying to sound like a well-balanced individual who treats his body like a temple, you're way off the mark fucko.
>>
I want to hit rock bottom. I want to go further down.

You guys are going the wrong way.

Enlightenment isn't at the top of the clouds, it's at the lowest point achievable.
>>
>>25075872
Ability to look at yourself from an outside perspective. Introspection. Essentially viewing yourself through as little bias as possible. Observing your pros and cons, and accepting that you have flaws and are flawed. This would ideally lead to one attempting to better themselves but most people really don't do that.
>>
File: 1444702719605.jpg (643 KB, 2000x1285) Image search: [Google]
1444702719605.jpg
643 KB, 2000x1285
>>25075944
Existentialism is where it's at. Perhaps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-a-8xBbr05Y
>>
>>25075942
Gaia looks fun according to wikipedia, will check it out when I get home. If you think that I have no idea what am I talking about then explain it to me.

>>25075944
Thats why I prefer endarkenment.
>inb4 2edgy4u

>>25075986
Good definition. So why do you think most people dont do that?
>>
>>25075944
>I want to hit rock bottom. I want to go further down.
then go around ask girls out get rejected, lie to people that trusts you, fool them, run naked in public, spit on peoples face at outside, give everything you have to charity and live at streets, eat from trash, stab someone to death

but u know, there is nothing at the rock bottom, other than suffering and bein miserable. feeling good for your whole life is where it is at.
>>
>>25076166
>If you think that I have no idea what am I talking about then explain it to me.
Burden of proof is on you. But you're an idiot, so I'm not expecting to have a rational discourse with you.
>>
>>25076210
What makes me an idiot?
>>
>>25076224
Why do you keep asking questions when you can't come up with an answer?
>>
>>25076224
Hey fucko, you didn't have to abandon your own thread. I was just starting to have fun, too.
>>
>>25076269
If I could, I wouldnt ask them.
>>
>>25076381
Not used to responding fast, calm your tits :/
>>
>>25076166
It's self-evident throughout any observation of humans. Internet is a great example. Especially here on 4chan. Even social media.

People are possessed by pride, never admitting to being wrong or that they might be flawed. They usually believe that everybody in the world either has the same experiences, or cannot fathom that somebody can have a different upbringing or life than they (a great example of this tends to be people born and raised in middle/upper-class homes.) Conceit and self-obsession runs rampant. Dissenting opinions are not acceptable, even if the dissenting opinion is empirically correct.

It goes on and on, and the rabbit hole goes deep.
>>
How do you get rid of bags under your eyes? I've tried sleeping correctly and putting all kind of things on top of them. Nothing seems to help.
>>
>>25076580
So how can we break the cycle?
>>
>>25076652
Try fixing your diet.
Also rest every 2h on pc.
>>
Friendly remider: you're all doomed forever.

bye
>>
what's the point of improving myself if I will never be able to lick my waifu's armpits anyway
>>
>>25076767
I cant even... ooh well you have your own interests ^_^
DO IT FOR YOUR WAIFU! MAKE HER PROUD!
>>
>>25076790
I guess you're right anon.
I just want to lick and smell her armpits until the sun goes down and comes back up again.
>>
File: 1446775341488.jpg (40 KB, 755x720) Image search: [Google]
1446775341488.jpg
40 KB, 755x720
Robots I won't go into how shit my life is and stuff. But I want to fix a problem I've been having.

For what seems to be over 12 months now, I keep building an Anime and Video game collection, and it seems like I'll never ever get it started. When I get to a point where I want to watch an anime show or "get progress in that game" today, I start feeling sick, I get nauseous, dizzy, migraines, and just genuinely feel shitty nearly everyday. All I do is browse the internet and waste time instead of trying to indulge or enjoy things.

How can I motivate myself to enjoy these things without feeling like it's a chore or feeling like it's a struggle to do? I hope someone out there gets what I mean.
>>
File: 1450447249082.png (32 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
1450447249082.png
32 KB, 640x400
>>25073580
Does posting Smug Wojak daily count as self-improvement?
>>
File: 1445452055159.png (371 KB, 633x656) Image search: [Google]
1445452055159.png
371 KB, 633x656
>>25073580
>tfw you're too bitter to get friends
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.