[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do we have to die?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: homer_14.jpg (39 KB, 338x427) Image search: [Google]
homer_14.jpg
39 KB, 338x427
Why do we have to die?
>>
File: 1447838492776.jpg (75 KB, 550x448) Image search: [Google]
1447838492776.jpg
75 KB, 550x448
There are fates worse than death.
>>
>>25070685
because your DNA stop properly replicating after enough exposure to mutagens, and the cells kill themselves to prevent cancers from killing you. eventually you can no longer maintain new healthy cells.
>>
Because after a while, we all want to die.
>>
File: 1445558124202.jpg (227 KB, 1173x392) Image search: [Google]
1445558124202.jpg
227 KB, 1173x392
>>25070685
What >>25070708
Said
As for reason there is none, existence appears to be absurd. We are probably a century away from biological immortality though. Half a century if we are lucky. It depressed the fuck out of me despite the fact I wake up most days having wished I died in my sleep. I want answers. I'm not going to get them in a short existence. I was born just a little too early. Then again I'd probably say the same no matter what time. Then again, what's to say "you" are even alive at all?
>>
>>25070717
This surprised me. Apparently thinking about death is mostly for you guys people. Once you get to 50 you pretty much accept it and don't mind it anymore as you can feel your body starting to become more and more broken.

>>25072163
Science says our consciousness is a metaform of thinking. Thoughts about thoughts. I don't know though, I used to be atheist in my teens but science can't prove shit. The only way to find our is to die.
>>
>>25070685
Because Cain killed Abel.

Didn't you read your Bible?
>>
>>25073134
who reads that gay old book these days?
>>
>>25073153
>not reading one of the most important books in history
>not reading epic fantasy just because it's a religious text

Angels and Jinn are cool stuff.
>>
>>25070685
The same reason you have to live.
Because you're told you need to do it.
>>
>>25070685

Because just as our cells reinvent and replenish themselves within our bodies as we grow, and just as our species reinvents and replenishes itself as we evolve, so too must the universe reinvent and replenish the lifeforms within it. All the uninhabited planets and the stardust goes through a similar but constant evolution, always coming in and out of form and in and out of life.

Everything turns over and becomes new. But the shapes always change.
>>
>>25073182
>epic fantasy

Please kill yourself, uncultured swine.
>>
>>25070685
To end our suffering
>>
>>25070685
so we can collect what we are owed by god
>>
>>25070707
>070707

Get confirms

And honestly, dying is a relief. Whenever the world is going to shit, just know you can release yourself at any time.
>>
>>25073182
Are you baiting?

Jinn are Islamic/Arab.
>>
So we can be free from this shitty existence. Imagine going on like this for an eternity.
>>
File: lesterburnham.png (162 KB, 477x207) Image search: [Google]
lesterburnham.png
162 KB, 477x207
>>25070685

You don't. Your final second stretches on for an eternity.
>>
>>25073502
Because it's all historical? It's a mix between stories and history.

>>25073556
So? The source is the same, all the texts are pretty cool. Why make such a distinction? I'd even go so far as to add the book of Mormon to the mix. That's mostly bullshit of course, but it's almost Harry Potter level of stupidity. It's a funny story.

What happened to imagination?
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.