[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>went to therapists today >mention my suicidal thoughts
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: Asylum-1.jpg (231 KB, 1200x675) Image search: [Google]
Asylum-1.jpg
231 KB, 1200x675
>went to therapists today
>mention my suicidal thoughts because they're getting super bad
>he's a normie cuck
>was this close to sending me to the psych ward, involuntarily
>had to lie out of my ass for the rest of the session to avoid it
>he still strongly feels I should, and won't stop bothering me about it

I missed a close one, but I can tell he's just waiting for me to slip up and say something just bad enough to get that jurisdiction. But then again this got me thinking. The idea of it sounds anxious, and to be honest a waste of time. I assume their just going to put me on enough drugs until I'm delusional enough to "feel better", all against my will? But at the same time what do I know, I might be talking out of my ass here....so who /psychward/ here, what was it like? Dare I say if it helped any of you?
>>
>>25070530
No one? Is everyone a normie here now?
>>
>>25070530

No, but I've had plenty of friends who have.

Listen. You don't trust OR like your shrink. Find a new one. I never started to get better until I found one I could talk to without being instantly on the defensive.

and mental rehabilitation isn't just pumping you full of drugs: it's structured setting, activities, talk therapy, seminars on how to reduce your anxiety etc etc. They try to help you start building some positivity in your life, and give you tools and ideas to gain some agency over your life.

Would I go if I were you? probably not.

But at least find a new therapist, treatment will never work if you're dodging, lying and playing games.
>>
>>25070530
A guy I know wasn't suicidal, instead he got a bipolar diagnosis. He was in for 5 weeks and said it didn't help one bit, he was just stoned off his ass the entire time to the point of numbness and going crazy (wew) from boredom because books weren't allowed.
>>
>>25070633

the normies levels on this board HAVE increased desu
>>
>>25070678

>Diagnosed correctly and treated accordingly.

yeah. I'm sure it didn't help him one bit to actually know what his deal was.
>>
>>25070642
Tbh after trying so many therapists, I've given up. This all seems like one big joke to me; no one fucking listens, they just ramble. There's nothing to be done, all I can do now is to survive as long as possible until I finally break and blow my head off with a .22
>>
>>25070530
psychward for 2 weeks before

ended up there after i broke down and stopped lieing about how I felt

I'll never go back there, they treat you like a lesser person in there, like a diseased animal, Ill say anything to never go back there. no doctor will ever know my feelings again.
>>
>>25070739

What I'm thinking you need anon, is a fresh pair of eyes.

Find a therapist that is relatively young and not-so-world weary. Someone who has only been in the field for a few years.

But I feel you. In fact, I said the exact same thing right up until the day it all turned around for me.

>Nothing to be done for it
>This is just the way things are now
>and this is the way I am now
>might as well learn to deal with it
>Because It doesn't matter how I feel about it, it is what it is.

It's all you can do for now. Survive. Keep riding out the storm
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.