[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Christmas anxiety
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 11
File: suffering.png (881 KB, 1036x823) Image search: [Google]
suffering.png
881 KB, 1036x823
Any other robots that don't interact with their families hate christmas?
>All those normie family members you have to deal with
>When are you going to get a gf anon?
>How is college did you drop out?
>mfw I'm 22 and my 15 year old cousin probably does more things in a month than I do in a year.
>>
>>25070501
I know that feel anon it usually goes something like this.

>Hey Anon did you get a job or going to school?
>everytime the table gets silent and everyone looks at me
>tell them still looking for a job
>uncle goes I see, and then he starts another conversation with my aunt
FUCK JUST LEAVE ME ALONE
>>
File: deviouswojak.png (22 KB, 217x225) Image search: [Google]
deviouswojak.png
22 KB, 217x225
>>25070501
who else /muslim/ here?
Have fun spending time with your shitty families, infidels.
>>
I've figured out the normie trick that makes them seem bust guys

When they say "What have you been doing recently?" They don't actually mean recently

All you need to do is make a list of all the things you've done that isn't part of your normal routine and tell them those things/
>>
Haha my family doesn't celebrate Christmas and our extended family is toxic so I won't have to deal with the family awkwardness

Feelsgoodman
>>
>>25070501
i'm working on christmas

the best type of family isn't always blood, anon

chin up
>>
>>25070577
Fuck off terrorist shithead. I can't wait until Trump is elected, and we can kick you all out.
>>
File: I'm done.jpg (97 KB, 680x623) Image search: [Google]
I'm done.jpg
97 KB, 680x623
>>25070501
Yeah. it sucks because I feel like I put my life on hold because of health issues, so I feel uncomfortable telling them anything related to that as a reason that I'm taking a semester off and whatnot.

Why can't they just ask me how I'm enjoying the holidays or something...
>>
>>25070501
>Christmas anxiety
i don't get excited like i used to when i was a kid. every holiday feels like another day.
>>
File: 093.jpg (104 KB, 504x470) Image search: [Google]
093.jpg
104 KB, 504x470
>Mother trying to get me to go to some family get together on Christmas
>She did this on Thanksgiving, had no way to get out of it so wound up having to go
>Did nothing but sit there the whole time
>Mother complained to me later that people asked "What is wrong with anon?" to her
>Well what the fuck do you want me to do about that?
>Now we're approaching Christmas, she once again wants me to go to some fucking get together with her family (I say her family because I am not close to any of them and they are strangers to me)
>Keep telling mother that I fucking hate this shit and just want to be left alone
>Explain I am going to do the same thing and just sit around all day not talking to anyone
>Might possibly be able to get out of this shit just because she knows I am not going to change at this point
>She keeps complaining I am not a normie
>Contemplating leaving college life and joining the army to get out of here
Fucking normies, I can't maintain this life here. Every holiday now I have to go to some fucking event, I'm either going to stop going and stay in college or join the army and get killed in some far away shithole. Either way I can't keep dealing with these fucking forced interactions, it is the same shit every damn time. Uncomfortable small talk, "Haha anon you got a gf yet? Anon you got a job? How is college?, etc." Kill me now.
>>
File: 1442084344936.jpg (85 KB, 499x374) Image search: [Google]
1442084344936.jpg
85 KB, 499x374
>>25070501
>tfw grandparents are coming over tomorrow
I don't want them to see me like this. I don't want them to see me ever again
>>
>>25070757
man this fucking picture sums up the last 4 years of my life. I don't live in a shithole or anything, I live by myself but don't interact with ANYONE, I lost connection with most of my friends and no one has a clue of exactly what I do or if I study or not, haven't seen my grandparents in 2 years because I'm afraid of what they would think of me. It's like I'm a prisoner of what people might think of me when I don't even interact with anyone, as morbid as it sounds I would prefer if everyone I ever knew died so I can kinda do what I want.
>>
File: Peacful moon river.jpg (33 KB, 389x720) Image search: [Google]
Peacful moon river.jpg
33 KB, 389x720
>>25070836
>I lost connection with most of my friends and no one has a clue of exactly what I do

I can totally relate with you there. I've lost contact with pretty much all of my friends since starting college and I don't post on social media, so no one knows whats been going on with me at all.

It feels kind of weird knowing that these people you grew up with ended up becoming so distant, I feel like I don't have anything in common with them and can't relate to any of the tough things life has thrown at me after the past couple of years. I need to find some true friends.
>>
>tfw don't really emote well and never seem outwardly excited
>Everyone takes this as meaning I'm not excited about my gifts
>>
Fuck, that picture hit me hard.
>>
>>25070577
Have fun with no christmas presents.
>>
>>25070733

Why don't you give her a Christmas present and just pretend to be normal for one day of the fucking year? She just wants to feel, even briefly, that she didn't raise a complete autist. Can't you do that for her?
>>
>>25073838
But she did. Someone with no social skills is not going to know how to suddenly be outgoing.
>>
File: 1425922854348.jpg (28 KB, 396x375) Image search: [Google]
1425922854348.jpg
28 KB, 396x375
>>25070501
>live with my separated father and his gf
>I love spending time with them
>here comes christmas, and with it, anxiety and depression like every year
>here come all the parents, dudebro cousins that I'll have to smile to otherwise they'll think I'm a weirdo
I can see it already
>everyone at the table having fun
>I'm eating in silence, feeling alone as fuck, I just want to die
>If I stay here, I will continue to be alone at the table
>If I leave, hardly anyone will notice
>>
>uncles probing into my life
>grandparents asking me when I'm going to find a nice girl and settle down
>uncomfortable hug and forced conversation from the cousin I used to fuck
>pretending to think all the little kids running around are cute
>all while secretly wishing I was locked in my apartment playing weeb video games in the nude
>>
You get to celebrate Christmas until you are an adult. Then you have to get your own children to celebrate Christmas.

Christmas is for families. I'm not part of a family.
>>
>>25075225
>>uncomfortable hug and forced conversation from the cousin I used to fuck
Story time!
>>
>>25075468
We were young and from a close-knit family in an area with nothing to do. We'd mostly go to the old family farm to hang around since nobody lived there. One day when we were teenagers we ended up in one of the barns, and she asked if I'd ever kissed a girl. We kissed, and over the course of a few months we started exploring each other's bodies. I lost my virginity in that barn with her. That was a long time ago, though.
>>
File: 1443132947817.jpg (17 KB, 400x484) Image search: [Google]
1443132947817.jpg
17 KB, 400x484
My last grandpa died

It's gonna be a sadder-than-usual christmas

Fuck christmas

I love you gramps
>>
File: 1440204906645.jpg (103 KB, 722x690) Image search: [Google]
1440204906645.jpg
103 KB, 722x690
>>25071619
>>25070836
>>25070757
>"Hey anon, Merry Christmas!"
>"Merry Christmas grandma."
>"So what have you been up to?"
>"Oh you know... nothing much."
>"I'm sure you have something planned for Christmas, right?"
>"No."

Having to admit to being a failure every time they call brings me such anxiety that I can't bring myself to ever talk to them, even though they're the only family I respect. I can't even go see them since I don't have a license and I would be mortified if they had to drive my 20 year old ass around.
>>
>tell my family I'm not coming for Christmas
There you go. Feels good.
Maybe I'll invite some travellers from couchsurfing to not be bored by myself, I saw some searching for a place for Christmas actually.
>>
>tfw used to love Christmas
>now it's the worst day of the year
>>
I don't do anything with family. I'm across the country from them and I always give the excuse that some others claimed holiday week for vacation. I haven't seen them in person for over 3 years. I talk to them in skype once a week, but it's more of a "hey, im doing fine. Thx bye."

Personally, this was the best thing ive ever done. No more random knocking on my door so my parents disturb me playing vidya, reading, or sleeping just to say what so-and-so did.
>>
>>25070501
I only like christmas because
>food
>gifts

My family always celebrate christmas and/or new year in our house.
It's kind of shit because i have 3 brothers and my mother goes crazy if one of them is not helping in the house.
>>
File: 5153253.jpg (60 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
5153253.jpg
60 KB, 700x700
>>25076777
HOLY FUCK
FUCK
I just remembered something from last christmas.

>Post christmas day
>Lunch with my family
>My brother is there with her stacy gf
>My other brother is there with her gf
>My sister is there with her chad bf
>My mom is with my dad
>I'm obviously alone
>Literally sitting at the end of the table
>I'm the only person without a partner in that table
>Everyone is happy and talking
>"Pass me the soda" was the longest phrase i said

I don't wish this feel to any of you.
>>
bumpox
>>
bump 2
fucking faggots, why do you love christmas? i thought you were robots
>>
>>25070501
I'm 22 too and never had a gf Anon.
But feels good desu, even if my normie parents ask me when I'm going to get.
I'm on my road to Wizardry !
>>
>12 year old boy cousin has more friends than i do

>13 year old girl cousin has more friends than me

>both of them better looking than i will ever be

>both have better phones and clothes than me

>literally can't stand hanging out with them

>they all want to get together to see star wars before christmas

probably just going to stay home
>>
>>25077319
>tfw my parents stopped asking
weird feel
>>
File: 1442149502962.jpg (182 KB, 1280x848) Image search: [Google]
1442149502962.jpg
182 KB, 1280x848
Been invited to a gathering on the weekend. Any children of aunts / uncles are all 3+ years older than me. My own siblings are also older than me. Literally everyone there is successful. And I don't just mean "has a job", I mean legitimately high-flying, pulling massive yuppie salaries, attractive, own their own homes, have other halves etc etc.

Meanwhile I'm nearly halfway into my 20s, never had a job, failed university twice, no friends, nogf, no hobbies, no driver's license, no interesting things happening in my life, no opinions on anything, no interest in other people's lives, no future, no hope.

Of course I still live with my mother. When she attempts to coerce me into going I'm going to have to tell her firmly that I'm not going:

>anon if you don't go then you won't get any christmas presents! You're being very rude!
Literally who cares, fuck off mum.
>>
>>25077549
get the presents and run
>>
>>25070501
>tfw usually it's just the four of us (immediate family) for Christmas, but this year my step-dad invited one of his lonely friends to join us

not a fan of wildcards
>>
>>25077620
It's a long way from home and I would have to be driven there so there would be no escape. Only way to retain control is by not going.
>>
Dreading it. Hard to cover up that I've essentially been half assing my entire life again, after fucking it up completely before.

>in uni doing a mental health nursing degree
>feel like I'm fucking it up
>stupidly thought having to interact with people on a daily basis would improve my social skills
>just makes me stick out like a sore thumb
>quiet and nervous
>been drinking every night
>no job
>survive off bursary and money from mum
>no hobbies, no gf
>some friends but have to hide how much of a incompetent child I am
>lazy, spoiled ungrateful
>literally nothing to talk about because I do nothing and I don't pay attention when on placement.
>>
>>25070501
> No family outside of my alcoholic mother and manchild brother
> Have to buy them presents out of obligation
> Unable to afford internet bill/weekly groceries because of this
> Won't get anything in return because I'm "hard to shop for"
> Have to deal with my alcoholic mother feigning happiness when she wants to perpetually cry
> Have to deal with my manchild brother being overtly happy because he's getting a zillion gifts from his girlfriend he mooches off of
> Can't even enjoy a nice dinner because my alcoholic mother is a terrible cook, and cooks while drunk
> Have to deal with the barrage of Facebook/Twitter/Reddit posts from normies having decent Christmases
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.