[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can aspies like me succeed? Or am I supposed to step aside?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5
File: pepe.gif (628 KB, 516x402) Image search: [Google]
pepe.gif
628 KB, 516x402
Can aspies like me succeed? Or am I supposed to step aside?
>>
>>25067969
If you're not fucking stupid
A kid of my parents' friends has severe autism and now he's building fighter jets and shit after graduating with a physics degree at 18
>>
>>25067969
History is full of alleged aspies who succeeded (usually diagnosed after the fact of course). Usually they're smart as fuck in some area though.

You're probably doomed to mediocrity like the rest of us.
>>
For every example like >>25068151 there are 10,000 who didn't make it.

If you're posting here, take a good guess at which group you fall in.
>>
>>25068151
>If you're not fucking stupid
I'm not
>A kid of my parents' friends has severe autism and now he's building fighter jets and shit after graduating with a physics degree at 18
>severe autism
>building fighter jets
How does this happen?
>>25068171
I won't let you down, fampai.
>>25068214
i wont be on this board down the line
>>
Even if you get through college, your lack of social skills will be the killer unless you picked the right field.
I have a master's degree, yet my asperger's confines me to being a minimum wage Cuck.
>>
>>25067969
point your 'tism at something useful, society will accommodate you if you have useful enough skills
>>
File: image.jpg (189 KB, 750x1110) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
189 KB, 750x1110
>>25068258
>I won't be on this board down the line.

Sure, kiddo. That's what they all say.
>>
>>25068323
Aspeger's doesn't exist. Look it up and work on dealing with your anxiety. I was diagnosed with what was called a severe case of Asperger's and immediately started to try and better myself. With constant recommendations from customers to my bosses regarding how professional and personable I am, to the fact that none of my girlfriend's have ever figured me to be a spastic fuck all point to it just being an issue of dependence and lack of self-control.

You can do better.
>>
Aspergers isn't real.
>>
>>25068757
>>25068974
Sorry, but it is.
>>
>>25069001

Lol no you're just spazzy and obtuse.
>>
File: 1445731741454.jpg (48 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
1445731741454.jpg
48 KB, 960x960
>>25068151
>le every autist is a savant meme

It's on par with "bee urself" in terms of normie memes but it's surprisingly underrated here.
>>
File: 1430600139923.jpg (72 KB, 480x475) Image search: [Google]
1430600139923.jpg
72 KB, 480x475
>>25068757
>you didnt have it

if you cant look back at your childhood and recognize symptoms youre just a pathetic failed normie

good on you for fixing that tho
>>
>>25067969
>can
>supposed
Nigga, life is like the most openworld RPG that exists. You can do whatever the fuck you want to do. But beware.

It's always ironman.
>>
>>25069156
wheres the fucking microtransactions. grinding is shit on this map and my stats are fucked

i need a bailout or restart
>>
>>25069107
i know for sure i am not a savant at anything, in fact i am pretty fucking mediocre
but you know something, jack? i got the potential and the desire so there's that to ya
>>
File: 1438341545092.png (34 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
1438341545092.png
34 KB, 633x758
>>25067969
>tfw don't even have asperger's or any mental illness
>tfw my failure is entirely my own fault
>>
>>25069199
you and every other person. you may succeed but what are the odds for a normal person. what are the odds for you

dont give up tho

>>25069213
its nice when you know you had it bad from the start
>>
>>25067969
>have pretty much all symptoms of an aspie but was never diagnosed
>don't have any redeeming qualities like high intelligence or skill or talents
>nearly 26 years old and have never had a job
>no local friends and will probably die a KHHV
>>
>>25069233
at least you're not like every other kike on here who tells people like me to settle down and not even try to change
the odds may be stacked against me but those kikes don't see me
>>
>>25069275
At 26, you're a long ways from natural death so what are you saying? Not going to try to change your situation at all for the rest of your life?
>>
>>25069372
I don't know how to change.

I don't want to spend the rest of my life working a job I hate. To me that would be a fate worse than death.

I want to contribute to the world and help my parents by doing something actually meaningful that I actually enjoy doing. Every day I try to find some sort of passion or figure out what I could do, but I just haven't come up with anything yet. I haven't given up, I just don't know what to do and it seems unlikely that I'll ever figure it out.

Finding friends or even a girlfriend would probably be possible if I get out of NEEThood somehow, but I'm basically broken and incapable of trusting anyone (on top of being weird and having unusual interests/hobbies), so that makes things difficult, and ever having a successful relationship with a female is likely impossible.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.