[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Yo! Anon! What do YOU want to do for a living?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 12
File: hqdefault (2).jpg (9 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault (2).jpg
9 KB, 480x360
Yo! Anon! What do YOU want to do for a living?
>>
That's a horrible way to use Shia's over used meme.
>>
I want to be hired as a professional troll
>>
>>25067450
Shut up and answer the question.
>>
File: 1447612849517.jpg (22 KB, 400x302) Image search: [Google]
1447612849517.jpg
22 KB, 400x302
>>25067415
I want to be a rancher and look for my animals
>>
>>25067415
I'm currently backtesting and testing an algorithm so I can eventually scrape up some money and become a professional sports investor
>>
I want to be a musician. I get that the competition is fierce, but I feel like I'd be able to compete better as a musician than a computer programmer.
>>
>>25067463
I want to be UFC champion
I want to be rich
I want to beat people up
I want a fleshlight but too afraid my parents will open the package
I want a girl who will love me

>inb4 DO IT!
>>
>>25067522

You're not smart enough to pull this off.
>>
File: Tumblr_m5u9tdgtiF1qaxtglo1_500.jpg (14 KB, 500x363) Image search: [Google]
Tumblr_m5u9tdgtiF1qaxtglo1_500.jpg
14 KB, 500x363
Im a kitchen hand in a 1% private club
>>
I want to be a homocide detective. Been applying for the police every year since I turned 18 but keep getting knocked back.
If I don't make it by 25 I'm going to take all my savings and travel as far as possible before playing single player Russian roulette.
>>
>>25067558
Why aren't you doing it?
>>
>>25067689
>working for the popo
Just kill yourself now, dude. Make the world a better place.
>>
>>25067852
I'm sure you'll be ringing them when some fucker raids your NEET hole.
>>
donate sperm
>>
>>25067882
>honestly believing this happens
Topkek. You're a failure.
>>
File: 1439552390068.jpg (32 KB, 633x738) Image search: [Google]
1439552390068.jpg
32 KB, 633x738
I want to be a professional artist. That's been my dream since I was a babby.

I'm considering buying a Cintiq for christmas; I'm an alright artist and have been using Wacom-esque tablets for well over a decade, but the hand-eye-coordination disconnect between a standard digitizer tablet and a separate screen really fucks with my workflow. I get pretty frustrated with what I have, and hopefully being able to draw directly on the screen will help me develop my ability faster and allow me to get myself out there sooner.
>>
>>25067938
What's the dream? Just selling individual pictures?
>>
>>25067908
>believing the world would be better without Police

Society wears a thin cloak of civility anon, there's only a few ways to keep it there and policing is one of them, and is much better than the alternatives.
>>
File: feelsz gud mang.gif (428 KB, 500x207) Image search: [Google]
feelsz gud mang.gif
428 KB, 500x207
>>25067415
>have rich parents

shits purty cash desu
>>
>>25067968
>unironically thinking the police don't do more harm than good
Don't believe everything you hear on /pol/, faggot. That place is even more of a meme than we are.
>>
>>25067415
I'd like to be an Automotive Journalist, though it's a dying sport. I love cars and I write well.

What I actually do is custom cabinetry. It's decent money, very decent. I made 1800$ in the last 3 days, but I can't say that I'm in love with it. I do like the feeling of getting raw wood and turning into something great.
>>
>>25068034
Dayum. I make that much in a month and a half. I wish I could do that.
>>
>>25067962
That would be a large part of it, yeah. I'd like to do commission work, but I'd also like to produce a webcomic at some point. I've been doing conceptual stuff for one for a few years, but never put anything out because I know I couldn't keep up with update deadlines with the tablet I have now.

My ultimate goal would be to put out some kind of cartoon, but that's a longshot. Might just web-publish it.
>>
Ideally? music

Realistically? idk
>>
>>25068071
I want to be a mangaka. But I can't draw.
>>
File: 1438383333772.jpg (42 KB, 409x409) Image search: [Google]
1438383333772.jpg
42 KB, 409x409
The question isn't what I do for a living. The question is what do YOU do to make ME a living.
>>
I want to race.
>>
>>25068104
>not doing both
You embarrass me as a NEET.
>>
File: dresden.png (1 MB, 1240x869) Image search: [Google]
dresden.png
1 MB, 1240x869
Pilot. Not really the sort of thing for people who want a ton of money or easy hours, but I couldn't stand spending my life in a job I wasn't passionate about.
>>
I wanna be a stand up comedian. I've always been a pretty funny dude whenever I actually talked to people but you know those anxiety feels
>>
Sail

Sail in a merchant boat filled with the greatest sailors around, all of us permanent bros

Sail in a whaling ship during the 1850's

Sail in a battleship under the command of any great empire, and die in it

Too bad the age of sailing is long gone
>>
>>25068094
Anyone can draw. You just gotta work at it. People say I'm "talented", but I've just been drawing as a hobby since I was a kid and put in the hours of practice. If you really want to be a manga artist, just draw like crazy every day. A determined artist can catch up with people who have always been drawing like me very quickly if they put their mind to it.
>>
>>25068204
Yeah, that's what I've been told. I'm just more stressed than inspired right now. Don't get me wrong! I'll still draw tonight. I just won't "draw like crazy."
>>
File: image.jpg (50 KB, 425x375) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
50 KB, 425x375
>>25067558
>i want a fleshlight but I'm to afraid my parents will open the package
>>
>>25068183
It's never too late to set sail on life, my friend.
>>
>>25068015
>unironically being a mentally disabled libtard
>thinking that a few bad apples spoil the whole bunch
>thinking niggers are people
>>
>>25068337
>more stressed than inspired
Oh, I know exactly how you feel. You couldn't have described my typical feelings toward art better, to be honest. It really is hard, but for me it's the most rewarding and cathartic form of self-expression, and every time I create something I really like, it make me fukken glow,
>>
>>25068462
Can't tell if this was supposed to be ironic or not.
>>
>>25068434
no, i want to be a literal sailor literally sailing a literal boat

fuck your non-literal meaning for sailing
>>
I want to play vidya for a living, but I don't want to have to be any good at them, or show my face on camera. What do?
>>
>>25068477
I've never drawn something that gave me that feel. Honestly, I'm a writer, not a drawer. I'm just learning to draw so that I can actually make money off of my work, unlike if I hired an artists who would steal all the money I made.
>>
I want to be a cartoonist. I'll never get anywhere with it most likely
>tfw going to work shitty minimum wage job for rest of my life until I die in my shitty apartment buried in crumpled up shitty drawings
>>
>>25068555
Start a let's play channel. Just look at 2 best friends play.
>>
>>25068560
Literally anybody can be a cartoonist. The only ones who make it, though, are the ones who believe in themselves.

If you're tired of starting over, stop. Giving. Up.
>>
I want to be a writer.

Not books, fuck that, I either want to write movies or vidya.
>>
>>25068631
Go to film school. Trust me on this one.
>>
I wanna make games but to impatient and not creative enough
>>
File: 1449499500555.png (191 KB, 613x640) Image search: [Google]
1449499500555.png
191 KB, 613x640
>>25068631
Im taking a Video production class next semester at the community college, while also taking Drama.
I did the school play in high school and it was really fun, probably the one thing i did in high school that im proud of. I did really fucking good too, the duet i sand was the only part of the play the audience got really into it and clapped along and shit 3 out of the 4 showings.

Ill probably write a Play, cast myself as the lead role, ace that shit, then move onto films.

that is the dream, now if only somebody would contact me about one of the hundred different wagecuck applications i have out rn.
>>
File: 1450110580966.jpg (79 KB, 515x600) Image search: [Google]
1450110580966.jpg
79 KB, 515x600
>>25068622
>The only ones who make it, though, are the ones who believe in themselves.
That's the problem, Anon.
>>
>>25068761
https://youtu.be/sJGmvyH7EMM

Just... DO IT! YES YOU CAN!
>>
>>25068746
>3 out of 4 times
Lemme guess, Saturday morning show?
>>
>>25068796
no, it was the friday afternoon show right after school with all the students.

Fucking beaner scum can't into live performance
>>
>>25068556
I'm trying to learn to write better, myself. I don't really like the idea of being paid to draw other people's stories, since it becomes somewhat impersonal when the money's involved. I've done some collaborative stuff in the past just for fun and I enjoyed that, but I don't think I could be just the artist in graphic fiction.

>>25068560
I've resigned myself to a similar fate. Art is more important to me than wealth. I just want to make enough money off my art so that I can spend ALL my time doing it instead of working.
>>
>>25068872
And that's just it. Writing takes almost no effort. It takes YEARS to get good at drawing no matter what way you slice it. You can get good at writing fairly quickly.
>>
>>25068057
I work like a slave for it. You can do it too, Anon.
>>
V-V-V-VETERINARIAN
>>
>>25069180
Yes I can, but why would I put in that much effort into woodworking? You already have that skill, so it's different for you.
>>
i want to write/orchestrate film soundtracks
>>
>>25069215
Do you enjoy killing puppies? Real talk, though, the most devastating moment in my life was seeing a cat dying on the road, rushing it to the hospital, being told that it wouldn't survive and leaving it in a nearby bed of flowers.
>>
File: 4.jpg (205 KB, 750x498) Image search: [Google]
4.jpg
205 KB, 750x498
>>25067415
I want to build cool houses and paint houses and be a photographer/artist/painter and travel.. and explore the state I have moved to.. I just want to do anything but sit here on 4chan for all hours of the day. I want to be the cool uncle/dad that didn't give a fuck about anything and for a moment I was that but now I am back to being a lifeless drone filled with dreams that will only be fulfilled if I get off my ass and slowly achieve them. But then that dark side of my mind kicks in and I am completely paralyzed and start to think that nothing really even matters and that one day I will die and really I have no reason to live... Fuck, I wish I could be the positive me just 50% of the time and at least be fucking productive. I could achieve great things if I weren't stuck in this mental illness.
>>
>>25069319
I was just referencing Fight Club desu senpai but...
That's rough dude. I actually had a very similar experience.
>cat lying on dark staircase
>overweight brother steps square on him
>cat starts flopping around, real fucked up
>rush him to vet, hold him in my arms in passenger seat
>get there too late
>cat died in my arms
I'd probably cite that as a moment that fucked me up too, especially since I was only like 11, though it's been overshadowed by later fucked up events.
>>
>>25069501
I don't know what kind of heartless person would be able to be a vet. Just one day of seeing animals in pain would absolutely kill me.
>>
>>25069422
What are you waiting for? Just... DO IT!
>>
>>25070077
Idk, some reason its just not happening for me man.
>>
>>25070284
If you're tired of starting over, STOP GIVING UP! JUST DO IT!
Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.