[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you robots play any instruments?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 9
File: finger.gif (8 KB, 586x767) Image search: [Google]
finger.gif
8 KB, 586x767
Do you robots play any instruments?
>>
>>25066466
Former trombone/tuba here. I switched to double bass in college.
>>
i play guitar and piano
>>
File: Feeling Smug.png (144 KB, 724x611) Image search: [Google]
Feeling Smug.png
144 KB, 724x611
>>25066466
I play the skin flute.
>>
i play the drums, so no
>>
>>25066466
Guitar. I want to learn violin.
>>
>>25066466
At this point, I'll finger pretty much any instrument I can get my hands on.
>>
File: d.png (596 KB, 560x589) Image search: [Google]
d.png
596 KB, 560x589
I make electronic music
>>
>>25066710
Don't we all, anon. Don't we all.

Also I probably should have mentioned I play French horn and trumpet
>>
Violin, piano and guitar.
>>
File: 1449202966020.jpg (116 KB, 393x498) Image search: [Google]
1449202966020.jpg
116 KB, 393x498
>>25066466
>fingering chart
>>
>>25066907
In high school we had a band teacher that told us to "finger it out" whenever we had a hard part
>>
File: toot toot.jpg (23 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
toot toot.jpg
23 KB, 480x480
I play the trumpet. Toot toot.
>>
>>25066954
I had a band teacher who got arrested for fingering A Minor.
>>
Saxophone. Finally getting myself a pro-level horn after playing my shitty Selmer AS500 for the past ten years.
>>
>>25067149
Our middle school band director got arrested for fucking a 17 year old in the band room. Looking back on it, she was definitely a qt, so I honestly can't blame him
>>
sax, flute, piano, bass, electronics, percussion
(I do composition at uni, I know I'll never make any money but its more fun than doing nothing)
>>
>>25066466
just got an electric guitar.

will guitar center replace my strings for me? kinda scared to ask them but i'm a tard don't wanna string them meself either.

what do robusts?

sadfrog.tiff
>>
>>25067330
just replace them yourself, it's not that hard and there's guodes online
it's very hard to screw up your guitar by changing strings wrong desu senpai
>>
Don't want to brag, but I'm somewhat of a celeberty at the local piano bar.
>>
I'm going to begin practicing viola hardcore again next month when I move.
>>
>>25066466
2nd Violinist, been playing on and off, but added together 4 years.

Shout out to my viola bros.
>>
Sax

Want to get piano talent because playing chords and voicings instead of lead would be dope

I also want to learn flute cause jazz flute is rad and sax fingerings are apparently really similar
>>
>>25067479
they're not that different, flute has another octave of range on top of the sax though that trips up a lot of saxophonists
>>
>>25067330

Putting new strings on is easy as fuck just watch some youtube videos. The worst thing you could do is tighten them too tight and you break a string.
>>
>>25067247
How's that going? Is it hard?
>>
>>25066466
I played the Cello throughout school. Sometimes I whip it out and play it for people on omegle or skype or whatever.

One of these days I'll for fill my dream of learning the Accordion though
>>
>>25066466
classically trained in trombone and classical guitar (couldn't try out for UIL TMEA this year) would have made area, any texas bros out there?
>>
All 4 main saxophones, and the guitar. Took some music theory in high school too. Always wanted to learn a string instrument.
Here's some guitar: https://sr.ht/hr5g.mp3
And some sax: https://sr.ht/czLA.mp3
both nothing in particular, just improvized. Playing actual pieces alone sounds weird.
>>
File: 1424540604242.webm (579 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
1424540604242.webm
579 KB, 480x480
i play guitar and air drums. i'm going to buy some piezos and make an electric drum set like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4gyULfb55A
but it's confusing as hell with the ardunio. noone explains the shit properly (well dumb it down enough for someone like me), they just say do this and get some code.. but don't share any code
i also make electronic music with ableton. my songs aren't good tho
>>
>>25067330
>>25067364
>>25067556
you could if it was floating tremelo and removed all strings at once instead of one at a time with old strings still on

if you have a floating tremelo then either block it with wood or learn how to set the action properly (which you is pretty easy once you know how to properly). otherwise your action will be bad after a while
>>
Mandolin
It's the most amazing instrument ever and basically the only reason I haven't offed myself.
>>
clarinet and ukulele
i was marching band and an afterschool ukulele club
it was fun playing both bc i had an epic music teacher, she was my only friend
>>
I just tried learning the guitar today and my thin womanly fingers could barely take pressing on the strings
>>
File: image.jpg (51 KB, 640x519) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
51 KB, 640x519
I've played trumpet, violin, piano which was taught to me traditionally.

I taught myself how to play ukulele guitar bass

Originally from Hawaii
>>
>>25068826
you might be pressing down on the guitar wrong
you should be pressing right at the tip of finger, not at the flat bit where the centre of a fingerprint is. though when playing chords sometimes you have to but notes will sound out better when pressed with tip of finger (people use the centre of fingerprint for muting because its softer and won't sound the note fully)
>>
Piano but I don't have the drive to git gud
>>
>>25066466
Used to play the violin, piano, flute and guitar when I was a kid.

Forgot how to do all that shit, even forgot how to fuckin read sheet music.

I bought a keyobard recently and got some meme apps to help me read sheet music and get into music theory.

Going to be a music producer, because it's the only thing in life I can see doing as a career and not wanting to kill myself everyday.
>>
I played trombone in HS. I was the best of the freshmen/bad sophmores band even if i didn't practice. I just didn't have incentive to constinue my sophomore year. I didn't feel like i was getting anything out of it
>>
>>25066466
Majored in music education. Primary instrumentation was saxophone family. Secondary in Strings and Percussion. Performed as a sit in for Double Bass with Arkansas Symphony Orchestra. Not that grand, but I did something with it and I tried my best. I now work on aircraft as a mechanic.
>>
>>25068826
actually those kind of fingers are ideal
just keep trying
>>
File: Intensifying Cowbell.jpg (5 KB, 248x203) Image search: [Google]
Intensifying Cowbell.jpg
5 KB, 248x203
Primary percusionist. Secondary skin-flutist.
*Budum tiss*
>>
We do not can make the original played, and also when aprimorate the tecnic the live music is so much better. Just go in a concert hall and comprove...
>>
Piano piano se va lontano
>>
I play the accordion.
>>
euphonium bros where we at?
>>
none, but I want to learn the violin
have the violin, too but I'm too chicken-shit to find a teacher
>>
everything
cuz im genius like that
;)
>>
>>25070203
right here. It's the instrument of overweight white men who wear jorts
>>
I want to learn the accordion, but I don't want people thinking I'm more autistic than I already am.
>>
>>25066466
>french horn
My negroid
>>
>>25070203
I play the euphonium but suck balls.
>>
I can play guitar well enough to improvise and jam with random people. Then again that doesn't take much.
>>
Bass boy reporting in
>>
>>25066991
I wish i could play the trumpet too. good for you anon
>>
Bassoon and the Sexual Organ
>>
>>25066728
I was about to make the same joke. Well met anon. being completely honest though playing drums is easy as fuck
>>
>>25066466
guitar, piano, mandolin, drums, harmonica, sing
>>
>>25072462
normie pls leave and don't come back
>>
File: 1448485388756.png (18 KB, 424x426) Image search: [Google]
1448485388756.png
18 KB, 424x426
>>25072482
m-me? a normie?

thanks for that, but i havent left the house in 4 years
>>
Percussion, rock memestruments, most concert band instruments minus wind section, string bass
>>
who else /harmonica/ here
>>
I'm a rapper/rnb singer,

Helps me cope with the feels
Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.