[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>be trying to return shit at Walmart >woman in front of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (89 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
89 KB, 960x960
>be trying to return shit at Walmart
>woman in front of me chimping out over returning a blanket she clearly got at target
>finally my turn and talk to dude about how shitty the lady was and sympathized with him
>gives me my money for the return plus 5$
>tell him I got too much, he says keep it
Why do people always shit on Walmart employees?
>dude gives me 5$
>>
That last greentext line was an error I fucked up
>>
>>25066294
>go shopping at Walmart for a new toaster oven
>see a floor model that really interests me but has no price tag
>ask an associate if they could give me a hand
>"sorry not my department"
>ask them if they could page somebody to help me out who worked this department
>finally get help after standing around for a bit
>"i like this oven but how much is it?"
>"we are out of stock on that one and the floor model is not for sale"
>"that's fine but how much are they"
>"this is not for sale"
>"if you were to order one to have for sale, how much would it be"
>looks at me confused as fuck and I walk away

I get it, you're a minimum wage employee who has no chance of ever moving up, making any more pay and doesn't get back from the company what you put in but you knew what you signed up for when you accepted a retail job at fucking Walmart
>>
>>25066294
He was probably shorted someone $5 and needed get rid of it. Still nice of him to give it to you, though.
>>
A lot of people who never needed to work retail just see them as less than people, I guess. It might surprise them how far being polite can get you. I've gotten lots of free stuff and things like that just for being nice.
>cashier at thrift shop runs her card for me so I get 30% off the books I bought
>free warranty upgrade on new headphones from a guy I'm friends with at an electronics shop
>free pre-order bonuses whenever I buy games
>>
>>25066294
I wish every customer was as nice as you when I worked returns at Walmart.
>Woman says bacon was marked for 2.48 not 2.98
>Offer to just give her the 50 cent difference but she insists I go check the price
>Low and behold, it is marked for 2.98, come back and tell her my findings
>Still offer to give her the 50 cents back
>Proceeds to lose her shit and throws the bacon at my face
>Ultimately she ends up taking the 50 cents
I don't miss that, although it makes good stories. I'll take my overnights.
>>
>>25066430
As a wagecuck that works at Walmart I can kind of explain some of that
>sorry not my department
We know literally nothing about things outside of our department, which is shitty. To find out the price he'd have to find a hand held terminal that we use which I guarantee he didn't have on him which means he'd have to get it from someone in or around the department you were in. Which he can't do because if you don't work in a "secured area" (which just means someone always has to be there, typically high cost item departments and fresh food areas) you're going to spend 90% of your job doing other shit so there was probably no one near by.
>finally get help after standing around for a bit
Again, he was probably on the other side of the store doing bitch work (or outside pushing carts)
the rest is just him being retarded but he might have just been having an off day.
>>25066641
>everyone tells me stories about how awful customers are to them
>I've never had anyone be anything but nice to me
Maybe it's the department I work?
>>
>>25066687
Probably, it's pretty much a guarantee if you work customer service desk that you're going to get shit on. I just was always surprised when people actually threw shit. My coworkers at the time in garden and sporting goods at the time had it pretty chill.

I work at a small Neighborhood Market now so pretty much every night is chill and the bonuses are great.
>>
>>25066931
Yeah, I don't actually interact with people directly a lot. But even people who work in similar departments (I work in one of the fresh departments) say how customers are dicks and get super mad and almost scream at them all the time. But I've never had anything even close to that.
>>
Is anyone else just blown away by the rudeness of normies towards retail/hospitality workers? I guess its because they look down on them but its pretty disgusting.

I really just don't understand how if you're quiet you're "weird" yet having a complete chimp out and going batshit crazy over a 2 minute wait or being given the wrong sauce is completely normal and okay
>>
File: fc,550x550,white.u1.jpg (60 KB, 550x550) Image search: [Google]
fc,550x550,white.u1.jpg
60 KB, 550x550
Quit my retail job after 6 years recently.

Fuck retail.
>>
>>25066963
Give it time.
How long have you been working there? If you're new (and have yet to grow bitter to customers) they probably sense that.
>>
I work retail and it isn't too bad.

Worst part is the lifers who have a vendetta against students.
>tfw one gave me a long condescending lecture on how school is a waste of time and I'm an idiot for wasting my life there
>I ask if she ever went to school. "No..."
>I ask how long she's worked there for, "three years!" She says with pride
>I do a 360 and moonwalk away
>She's been salty since

Bich just mad at me for her poor life decisions.
>>
>>25068499
Going on four months now, it's probably true that I'm not salty to customers yet like literally everyone else at this place it
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.